Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux (38676 Views)

Unilever Nigeria Plc Reports 72.95% Decline In Pre-tax Profit As Economy Bites / Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux / Just In - Corona Beer Manfacturers Stops Production Over COVID-19 Pandemic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by tollyboy5(m): 10:08pm On Jan 19
Beremx:
Omo still dey market? Can't remember the last time I saw the product in the market. They should have rebranded instead of stopping the production. Bringing back the blue color of the detergent would have been nostalgic
That blue color lol grin
Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by Alsenora: 10:08pm On Jan 19
It's more importantly expected with several other brands from other producers braking their market monopoly.
atiku4President:
Harsh economy will only grind the wheel of production to a halt

5 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by Dialpad: 10:08pm On Jan 19
Welcome development, now indigenous companies can now take advantage of the situation.

5 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 10:08pm On Jan 19
When we talk about voting in competent men and women to handle the affairs of this nation, ethnic jingoists and political lickspittles who can sell their mothers for a morsel of political bread will always find a way to silence the voice of reason.

Today, Zimbabwean dollars is entirely useless, but the journey into uselessness did not start in a day.

What this political strays refuse to understand is that their usefulness never goes beyond election cycles.
The aftermath of their elections they help botch is never suffered by the babas they helped enthrone, but by their foolish selves and the rest of the innocent populace.

A law should be passed pegging eligibility to vote on an appreciable IQ rating.

We can't have people who have no clue on the effects of statistics and economic indices making choices for reasonable citizens.

Some people saw this current economic events with the benefit of foresight during the last general elections.

If those reasonable people were to have made that electoral decision for the rest of us, we wouldn't be where we currently are today; a giant walking with the legs of a mosquito.

6 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by money121(m): 10:08pm On Jan 19
Ok

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by CentralBank(m): 10:09pm On Jan 19
angry
Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by Bimpe29: 10:09pm On Jan 19
A whole lot of factors would have been responsible for this, particularly the economic factors.

2 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by Femmyfamous4u(m): 10:13pm On Jan 19
They can no longer compete. It's been very very long I saw omo last. Many detergents out there.Thekr market share has reduced from about 90% to less than 10%

7 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by ruffDiamond: 10:13pm On Jan 19
embarassed not good!!!I grew up using Omo o..I no gree!! angry

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by SleekyP(m): 10:14pm On Jan 19
We have Sunlight…klin & Magic.

2 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by Jewessgratitud3: 10:14pm On Jan 19
Since the production of homeuse products became rampart among common people at home the big brands have been experiencing bad market

Me wey I dey produce any kind of soaps and toiletries..

5 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:15pm On Jan 19
Dialpad:
Welcome development, now indigenous companies can now take advantage of the situation.

U say that as if theres someone preventing them from being competitive or taking advantage. So tell me is it better to import those products people love to buy?

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by AuthorMan: 10:15pm On Jan 19
Going through the hardest time of my life.

2 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by Fidecoo(m): 10:16pm On Jan 19
RingRoadCartel:
According to FreeStuffsNG and his co-travellers, Nigeria will turn into Switzerland in a matter of days now. Food is cheap and the naira is stronger than ever at an all time low price of 1360/$

Dangote will sell us fuel at the price of #50/lt soon and a bag of rice will go back to the 8k it was selling for when Jonathan was intimidated out of office barely 9 years ago.

My brother.
I hope she will still come and praise this situation too. And paint it as a very massive opportunity for the growth of the economy.

6 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by opera1(m): 10:16pm On Jan 19
SleekyP:

Sunlight is inclusive. Or you didn't read the message +

2 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by ruffDiamond: 10:16pm On Jan 19
Bimpe29:
A whole lot of factors would have been responsible for this, particularly the economic factors.
competitor like the Viva detergent and others don finally finished undecidedthem. sad

4 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by MrPresident1: 10:17pm On Jan 19
Omo, super blue omo, washes even brighter than it shows grin

7 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by lilytender: 10:19pm On Jan 19
christejames:
The great Tinubulation is upon us! shocked

Yes, upon you

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by LOVEALAIGBO: 10:19pm On Jan 19
They’ve cut the packaging down to the barest minimum just so long-suffering Nigerians can still afford to buy! They’ve now looked up and read the handwriting on the wall: time to cut your loses and japa from Nigeria!

Quite sad really!

4 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by BewareOf419: 10:19pm On Jan 19
CElESTIAL CHURCH, CHERUBIM AND SERAPHIM WON'T LIKE THIS NEWS

2 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by jubrilELsudan: 10:20pm On Jan 19
LIKE SEY THE SOAP STILL DEY FOAM

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by BarrElChapo(m): 10:22pm On Jan 19
Bahamas95:
Ah! I will miss sunlight, I love that detergent.

The best.

3 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by LOVEALAIGBO: 10:22pm On Jan 19
opera1:

Sunlight is inclusive. Or you didn't read the message +

Premier the quality soap follow for their products!? The smell of the soap reminds me of my childhood….when we were all using it to bath in the morning before heading off for school!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by BarrElChapo(m): 10:23pm On Jan 19
SleekyP:

Please read before commenting na 😭
Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by casualobserver: 10:24pm On Jan 19
when i was young there were less than 10 soap brands, lux (which was horrible) joy, pears, tetmosol, imperial leather, palmolive and maybe 1 or 2 others....lux was the worst of all....all were preferable to lux. Similarly when it came to detergents, there were very few, Omo and 1 or 2 others, otherwise your option was key soap. If you left lux in a wet soap dish, the next day it would have developed a nasty smell.

Today there are hundreds of soaps. Unilever failed to adapt.

Unilever and its associated companies (UAC etc) should be the biggest company in Nigeria considering they (Royal Niger Company) once owned Nigeria (they had the royal charter for all commerce in Nigeria and they administered the territory on behalf of the British...they were the ones who sold Nigeria to the British) but in every sphere of operations in Nigeria they are laggards. From UAC, to Unilever, to CAPL to ATP to Mr Biggs etc, most of their associated companies are laggards. They failed to innovate, failed to keep pace. This has nothing to do with the economy. Unilever or lever brothers as it was called in those days is a laggard.

When I was young I hated their soaps (omo, keysoap and lux), we only used them because my uncle was a director, another was a senior manager and always sent us free cartons of soap so we had no choice. i never used my own money to buy lux or Omo. I have traumatic memories of my childhood having to use lux to bathe, i hated it that much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Niger_Company

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by BarrElChapo(m): 10:24pm On Jan 19
LOVEALAIGBO:

Premier the quality soap follow for their products!? The smell of the soap reminds me of my childhood….when we were all using it to bath in the morning before heading off for school!

Premier is PZ not Unilever.

3 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by hafeeanubasy: 10:24pm On Jan 19
Another products are ready to replace them

Like me,I have since switched to JOY and my children claim they prefer it.

I
Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by jojothaiv(m): 10:24pm On Jan 19
YeyeGbami:
Go hard or go home
They are home already...

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by abeyluve: 10:26pm On Jan 19
If multinational companies find it difficult to breath under this government, what now remains. cry cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by saasala(m): 10:27pm On Jan 19
No be everything be effect of economy.

They simply can't beat the competition out there.

There are better soaps and detergent everywhere

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by fredoooooo: 10:27pm On Jan 19
Let them all go and we start producing locally

5 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux by Pharaohny: 10:30pm On Jan 19
OMO 2kg for 5k early this month i was literally 😭
Reason being they existed the Zoo country.....

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet John Collison, Harvard Dropout And World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia / The CORRECT Nigeria Zip Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.