Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,380 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia (38763 Views)

Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com / My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by taiwo3(m): 3:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
There was a promo by samsung on their 40" Led Tv. which costs 69,000. this promo ended 30 june 2014.

The promo granted me the opportunity to buy a 40inch tv at that price. and Quickly I went to to place an order on 27th June 2013 so as to beat the deadline. After several days of waiting to see my order, (since I ve been mailed that the order has been shipped) I contacted them and they promised I will get my product asap. 8days later which is today, I was informed by jumia rep that they ran out of stock. I was pained and queried why they didn't inform me about this. that now I have to pay more than 25% on the tv elsewhere since the promo has ended.

I tried to reach them but to no avail then I resorted to the social media where eventually someone called me. I mailed Jumia to kindly refund my money as I will NEVER have any business with them again. I was still waiting for an alert when I got a mail that a voucher has been created for me without my consent, that such voucher is valued at N69,000 (the amount I paid for the tv) and I can only use it to purchase another item on their website.

I told them I wanted the particular tv and since I cant get the product they sholud return my CASH. Since then they havent gotten back to me. Now my money and product is stuck with them. My advice to anyone is to avoid shopping with Jumia and if u insist on shopping online use another online store and the pay at delivery system, so u wont fall victim like I did.

As at the time I am posting this I have not gotten a response from them. And Unfortunately we are in a country where this type of thing fly.

Thank You.

149 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by lomaxx: 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
Jumia and Arik Air seem to have one unfortunate thing in common.

29 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Rexphobia(m): 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
So, pay on delivery was not available for this item?

14 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by FlintGuevara(m): 4:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
Konga remains relatively better than Jumia. I have sworn against buying anything from Jumia after my bitter black friday shopping experience with them.

45 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by nobilis: 4:27pm On Jul 03, 2014
As far as I am in Nigeria, payment on delivery is the best bet. Any oda tin is just "try your luck"

38 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by taiwo3(m): 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
I jes reasoned paying 69k in cash is quite much.
Rexphobia: So, pay on delivery was not available for this item?

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by justi4jesu(f): 8:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
Bitter experience.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
Is jumia somebodys name?

4 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
Thank God i have nt place an order 4 d phne i want to buy. Tanx bro 4 d info

28 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by condralbede(m): 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
lomaxx: Jumia and Arik Air seem to have one unfortunate thing in common.
FAILURE

13 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by zeemore: 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
Flint_Guevara: Konga remains relatively better than Jumia. I have sworn against buying anything from Jumia after my bitter black friday shopping experience with them.

THAT IS A LIE.... KONGA.COM IS FAR WORSE THAN JUMIA.... KONGA HAS NEVER DELIVERED AN ITEM TO ME IN ABUJA... NEVER. THE LAST ITEM I ORDERED AND CLICKED ON PAY ON DELIVERY, TILL TODAY, 4 WEEKS LATER, STILL HAS NOT ARRIVED. TUFIA!!!!

18 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by sluvy4tune(m): 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
Just 4 reply and its already on front page ? With no prove of payment /evidence of transactions ?

@Op guy who u be to seun ?

9 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
Jumia will soon sue you for tarnishing their image on NL...
LAST BULLET:
For those that Love Play Station,
right now m playing FIFA 2014 and i need a tutorial on which button to press if i want SUAREZ to bite someone...! Very urgent pls

38 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by rattlesnake(m): 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
i had the same epereince
BUT

THEY WERE SO IMPRESSIVE AND PROFESSIONAL eventhough i was far far from lagos

THEY COLLECTED MY RETURNED GOOD AND RETURNED MY 50K

Maybe ur luck is affected from ur village grin grin grin angry angry angry

13 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by informative: 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
I dont buy online except I see some one selling fairly usedbbz30 with no screen and case for 7000 on jumia.wapka.mobi
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by fisfat(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
Thanks for this post.....about buying frm dem

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by saasala(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
I hope you are not from one of the other online shops trying to tarnish the image of another so as to promote yours. If that's your intentions then thunder fire your left nyansh and right eye, and if this is true then thunder fire Jumia website for 20 days. #justsaying sad

20 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Dee60: 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
I suggest you try some other approach, possibly going to their office. Trying to de-market a brand on social media can rob that company of important goodwill. Remember that it takes a lot to build reputational capital and anyone in business knows this. Jumia does well 99% of the time and that is good enough. They are humans remember.

I know how you feel being tossed around but please remember that you could be in Jumia's shoes tomorrow. Who would not want to be as successful as them.

I think it is next to impossible for any company to get it right 100% of the time.

Please calm down.

22 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Mariojane(f): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
Am sure if they see your post they will refund ur money immediately nd start their meaningless adverts to deceive people

5 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by cardoso111(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
I have been attempting ordering an item and pay directly but Jumia hasnt been responsive
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by ICEKID334(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
sad
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by ygenius: 8:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
Thank God,nairalanD is back again#PDP power
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by iceberylin(m): 8:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
online shopping

my leg na for fancy

no diss....

7 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by lillaowow(m): 8:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
You sef like awoof sha. I understand you though. They should have returned the money instead of holding onto it.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by akereconfi: 8:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nigeria
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Shugajay(m): 8:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
Such a sad 1.. So sorry bro embarassed.., I do the 'pay on delivery' system n it wrks well 4 me...
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by seunbadmus(f): 8:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
That doesn't discredit Jumia. More positive reports on the average...
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Ajibel(m): 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
Jeez. Bad one. My bro had same experience. Ordered for a book to be delivered, till nau, nada...luckily it was pay on delivery.
Bad market Jumia sad
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by brownlord: 9:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
sluvy4tune: Just 4 reply and its already on front page ? With no prove of payment /evidence of transactions ?

@Op guy who u be to seun ?

Seun brain still dey malfunction as result of that blast, no be em fault

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Ajibel(m): 9:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
No... No, this shouldnt deter anyone from patronising them. Ok? smiley
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by naijainfogalery: 9:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
i wanted to give u an advice when i remember that, thats none of my business

11 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by equlibrium(m): 9:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
@op
my gf wrks 4 jumia.
u no wan mak I see chop again abi? angry
God punish u! angry

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. / HAMPER! HAMPERS!! HAMPERS!!! (contents And Prices) / Nigeria's World Trade Center Abuja Poised To Send Its Economy Sky High - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.