Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? (19538 Views)

Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo / How I Made Beef And Vegetables Stir Fry To Start This Christmas (Photos,Video) / Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by BeeNG3: 12:46pm On Jan 21
Abeg leave her alone o. No just think wetin dey your mind.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by yahmaid04(m): 12:46pm On Jan 21
Testiebobo:
I'hv being trying to stop my mum from consuming excess beef in her food including her addiction to indomie, but to no avail she is not gonna stop. She can eat five pieces of beef in a small plate of rice at a time. And she is not the type that use to stress herself or engage in any exercise, too much of indomie and beef is excess fat. How do i advice her as her child?
five pieces of beef is what you call excess? Let her just take large amounts of fruits and stroll alot. She should be fine

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by thatigboman: 12:46pm On Jan 21
Kobojunkie:
Teach her biology 101 of what she is doing to her body with all those calories she consumes. An average adult should eat no more than 1700 calories a day. With the additional 5 indomies a day, she probably consumes approximately twice what her body needs and is causing other harm in additional to serious weight gain to her body. undecided
5 pieces of beef not 5 indomie
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by 77up(m): 12:46pm On Jan 21
abobote:
Nothing will happen to her, some people are blessed with good health and it's not about what the consume
how did you know that his mum is one of them...🙄

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by AwokenVawulence: 12:51pm On Jan 21
Haakeem:
your cousin doesn't eat better indomie be that.
I ate indomie straight for one week plus morning and night, look at me here hale and healthy.

No be one week oh na months we all thought he would stop but he no gree it continued for months

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:53pm On Jan 21
noobody:
It's in Nigeria we consider beef/chicken/fish as luxury.

Abroad,protein is very important,
Steak is usually served as a main course meal and also you also see food served with loads of protein and just little food as the side.

That doesn't remove it's inherent health risk, just because it's done abroad.

You forgot to mention that heart attack and colon cancer, all of which red meat is a risk factor for, are commoner abroad where you feel they're enjoying?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Originalsly: 12:55pm On Jan 21
Isn't there other dishes prepared during the week? ... only beef and indomie? ... every day? The menu need to be widened. She can eat how much she wants to on that day.... nothing wrong with that ... but everyday is a health problem .... the body will lack other nutrients. If you have no control over the menu .... then I suggest you say no more .... sprinkle laxative in the indomie.... she will soon adjust her diet on her own.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by descartes400: 12:57pm On Jan 21
I hardly eat meat ooh...I don't eat meat at home..its always fish...I only get to eat meat...when I go to an event or in a restaurant...and that's rare... ..but you see fish...na every day..

Egusi..fish
Ogbono...fish
Vegetable soup...fish
Stew...fish
Jollof...fish
Beans...fish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by DrAda(f): 1:00pm On Jan 21
Sorry about that. Keep trying please because both are risk factors to a number of diseases

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Dmacqh(m): 1:04pm On Jan 21
Too bad man. My own mum is her obsession with sharwarma, ice cream, pizza. I no blame her, nah my last born wey spoil her. She's in her early 50's

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Ishilove: 1:11pm On Jan 21
noobody:

Steak is usually served as a main course meal and also you also see food served with loads of protein and just little food as the side.

Doesn't make it healthy. That's why they have a high number of obese people in those please

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Judolisco(m): 1:12pm On Jan 21
Testiebobo:
I'hv being trying to stop my mum from consuming excess beef in her food including her addiction to indomie, but to no avail she is not gonna stop. She can eat five pieces of beef in a small plate of rice at a time. And she is not the type that use to stress herself or engage in any exercise, too much of indomie and beef is excess fat. How do i advice her as her child?
leave d beef... Stop d indomie
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by RenaissanceGuy: 1:12pm On Jan 21
Abee79:
Approaching the conversation with empathy and concern for her well-being is key. You could express your love and care for her health, highlighting the importance of a balanced diet. Share information about the potential health risks associated with excessive consumption of red meat and processed foods like Indomie.

Suggest healthier alternatives or modifications to her current diet, such as incorporating more vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Emphasize the benefits of a well-balanced and nutritious diet for long-term health. Encourage her to consider small, gradual changes rather than a drastic overhaul.

Additionally, propose engaging in activities together that promote a healthy lifestyle, like going for walks or preparing nutritious meals together. Make it a collaborative effort rather than a directive, and be patient as habits take time to change.

Good luck 🤞
ChatGPT says 'hi' grin.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Kitty79: 1:15pm On Jan 21
Maybe try suggesting delicious alternatives like lean meats mentioned in this helpful article: https://betterme.world/articles/lean-meats-for-weight-loss/. Emphasize the importance of balance and share info on how it can positively impact her health. Encourage small changes and assure her it's about feeling great, not just appearance. Good luck!
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Acidosis(m): 1:18pm On Jan 21
Dmacqh:
Too bad man. My own mum is her obsession with sharwarma, ice cream, pizza. I no blame her, nah my last born wey spoil her. She's in her early 50's

Allow mama enjoy herself jare.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by kendrick9(m): 1:19pm On Jan 21
Haakeem:
your cousin doesn't eat better indomie be that.
I ate indomie straight for one week plus morning and night, look at me here hale and healthy.
Dey play.
Which one is better indomie again?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Ucheboss: 1:19pm On Jan 21
Go call police for her
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by riverbird: 1:21pm On Jan 21
Testiebobo:

Give her a pictorial lecture on what beef and excess fat had done to other people.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by OChimex: 1:26pm On Jan 21
Testiebobo:

Stomach/colon cancer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Ubdavis(m): 1:26pm On Jan 21
OBTOREPA:
Pray for her

Na today!
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Dinieoj(f): 1:28pm On Jan 21
Advice her through her doctor, once the advice is coming from a medical doctor, she'll take it seriously.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Ubdavis(m): 1:29pm On Jan 21
abobote:
Nothing will happen to her, some people are blessed with good health and it's not about what the consume

"Someone people" how are u sure that she is one of them?prevention is cheaper and better than cure

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by PrettyLolo(f): 1:31pm On Jan 21
Allow her eat meat but not fried. Encourage her to eat more meat, eggs and other proteins.
Indomie is very bad for health.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:34pm On Jan 21
Obiedun:
Your statement is absurd?

Nope Yorubas love meat more than food.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Emeka71(m): 1:40pm On Jan 21
noobody:

Vegetables is better than meat.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by membranus: 1:42pm On Jan 21
RenaissanceGuy:
ChatGPT says 'hi' grin.
Hi too Chatty. Please any suggestions concerning the problems above?
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by LIVINGICONREBOR: 1:50pm On Jan 21
Hmm. Una still dey get mind eat indomie and meat for this tinubulation?? I can't remember when I eat meat last. Maybe during goodluck's administration. Damn!!
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Obiedun(m): 1:55pm On Jan 21
BarrElChapo:

Nope Yorubas love meat more than food.
Na lie
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by sonofthunder: 2:00pm On Jan 21
Testiebobo:

What's wrong with the beef?
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by remzytimer: 2:01pm On Jan 21
Pls stop that your science and allow the woman to enjoy her life. If you don't want her to eat meat buy fish for her...

Testiebobo:

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by dkidd: 2:05pm On Jan 21
Testiebobo:
Let her know the dangers and get her healthy foods to eat. Don't just preach but act
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by WilsonBright935: 2:11pm On Jan 21
omoredia:

Im sure u are Yoruba. I am bring realistic

Even if I'm Yoruba, what does that have to do with the nonsense you posted. Besides don't "bring" realistic uncle 😏😏😏😏

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Recreation Of Bolognese Sauce / Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! / Cooking Made So Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.