Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,626 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? (19555 Views)

Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo / How I Made Beef And Vegetables Stir Fry To Start This Christmas (Photos,Video) / Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by FOODCOACH: 2:12pm On Jan 21
Testiebobo:
I'hv being trying to stop my mum from consuming excess beef in her food including her addiction to indomie, but to no avail she is not gonna stop. She can eat five pieces of beef in a small plate of rice at a time. And she is not the type that use to stress herself or engage in any exercise, too much of indomie and beef is excess fat. How do i advice her as her child?
Well, you need to see a registered clinical dietitian in a hospital to advice her on appropriate dietary intake. Or you can contact me on WhatsApp or call: 08060695900
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by theamazonguru(m): 2:13pm On Jan 21
frozen70:

Now she has Diabetics and her own is the bad one that she has been taught on how to inject herself daily morning and night

Its also affecting her seight as she uses eye drop that must be in the Fridge

Chai it is a pity.
Her insulin level is zero.
It's a pity she might have more complications.
Very bad eye sight issue which can lead to eye blindness.
Leg problem that can also lead to amputation.

What a pity.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Neoteny7: 2:21pm On Jan 21
Testiebobo:
I'hv being trying to stop my mum from consuming excess beef in her food including her addiction to indomie, but to no avail she is not gonna stop. She can eat five pieces of beef in a small plate of rice at a time. And she is not the type that use to stress herself or engage in any exercise, too much of indomie and beef is excess fat. How do i advice her as her child?

Just kill her tongue
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by epainos: 2:24pm On Jan 21
Kevineleven:

Ebe like say your mum na our cult member, there is no day I don't eat indomie and fried egg, luckily for me, I got no fats cos am active.
Lol grin

In my family, we are slim too, and this is why some of us used to eat everything. Lol. Nothing we eat that will make us fat. Never. But na me first know what's up. Don't worry, you will know what's up soon. See...you won't still get fat....but trust me...you will know what's up very soon. grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by worksmart(m): 2:28pm On Jan 21
How to can afford to enjoy five pieces of beef per meal in this Tinubu economy is what I am trying to understand undecided.

Indomie is not only bad in terms of the calories it contain but there are additives and preservatives added t in during the manufacturing process that makes it a dangerous toxin unfit for consumption.

One such additive is fatal to anybody who consumes just 5g of it.

When I found this out, I banned it from my home.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by epainos: 2:32pm On Jan 21
Testiebobo:
Bro...don't wahala yourself cos she will never change until something changes her. So, don't become a nuisance to her. My sincere advice is that you should be ready to either become a gardener or go gather enough cash for organic green vegetables when that thing don jam her.

If you truly love her, you will be her nutritionist. Doctors cannot cure what she will contact, but only manage her. And the medications are what will still kill her enemy las las. Go watch all those diabetic, cancer, and HBP patients...most of them (not all) are killed by the side effects of the medications they take.

I have gotten several people off diabetics and HBP medications completely, and it is the power of nutrition.

See, you cannot get good food in Naija. Forget it. If you don't want to do it, you will commission a farmer and you will visit heaven and return grin when you hear the bill. So, learn it yourself and start growing them.

Dem no dey "telli" person. It is not a curse, something go jam her soonest.

Good luck!
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by omoredia: 2:40pm On Jan 21
WilsonBright935:

Even if I'm Yoruba, what does that have to do with the nonsense you posted. Besides don't "bring" realistic uncle 😏😏😏😏

Cos hypocrisy is in ur blood
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Kevineleven(m): 2:44pm On Jan 21
epainos:

Lol grin

In my family, we are slim too, and this is why some of us used to eat everything. Lol. Nothing we eat that will make us fat. Never. But na me first know what's up. Don't worry, you will know what's up soon. See...you won't still get fat....but trust me...you will know what's up very soon. grin
Lol
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by chi4ik4(m): 2:45pm On Jan 21
Ibime:

Is it poverty or health that is your concern?

Because consuming 5 pieces of meat is not excessive, and protein is healthier than starch. In most developed countries, people swap out Carbs for protein (more meat, less carbs) to get healthier
Don't speak ignorantly, beef is highly in protein therefore leading to high LDL cholesterol which can result to ischemic stoke caused by rupturing of arteries. Consuming cow meat is very dangerous bros.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Dennisochampa: 2:46pm On Jan 21
Go on YouTube... Show her videos of disadvantages of consuming too much beef and processed foods
Also send articles online to read....
Also sound a note of warning to her in a respectful way that you won't do anything about it if she refuses to take your advice and falls ill as a result
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by favour32(m): 2:49pm On Jan 21
If na the indomie...that na packaged poison.
The mono_sodium glutamate and preservative both dey damage organs of the body.

For the meat.... nothing bad.
Recent research say, carnivore diet, especially, meat,wey be 100% protein and 0% carbohydrates, na the best diet

While survival food na carbohydrates.
You nor too need am.

You can argue with any of ya ancestors!
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Eagba(m): 2:54pm On Jan 21
noobody:
It's in Nigeria we consider beef/chicken/fish as luxury.

Abroad,protein is very important,
Steak is usually served as a main course meal and also you also see food served with loads of protein and just little food as the side.

Them dey talk A, you dey talk B with confident

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by frozen70(f): 2:59pm On Jan 21
theamazonguru:

Chai it is a pity.
Her insulin level is zero.
It's a pity she might have more complications.
Very bad eye sight issue which can lead to eye blindness.
Leg problem that can also lead to amputation.

What a pity.

You are right
She is more careful now

That's life, some people learn by being a victim
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Versal: 3:01pm On Jan 21
You cannot. Allow her to learn on her own.
If she couldn't and dies...

Well, that is her journey
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Guruindahouse(m): 3:23pm On Jan 21
Indomie(noodles) are so full of shit. Eating them in excess alone can lead to HBP and diabetes. This is the major reason teenagers are being diabetic these days. Noodles are poisonous.
Kobojunkie:
Teach her biology 101 of what she is doing to her body with all those calories she consumes. An average adult should eat no more than 1700 calories a day. With the additional 5 indomies a day, she probably consumes approximately twice what her body needs and is causing other harm in additional to serious weight gain to her body. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Jan 21
Guruindahouse:
Indomie(noodles) are so full of shit. Eating them in excess alone can lead to HBP and diabetes. This is the major reason teenagers are being diabetic these days. Noodles are poisonous.
Full of what shit? No be the same carbohydrates wey dey your rice, your beans, your garlic, dey am too? Abegi... make una no spread conspiracy smack around me o'jare! undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Jan 21
thatigboman:
5 pieces of beef not 5 indomie
My bad! undecided
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Guruindahouse(m): 3:32pm On Jan 21
Unfortunately, sugar addiction can be one of the toughest addiction to get rid off for some people.
frozen70:

Anytime she falls sick thst she has to go to the hospital, follow her
While waiting for her medical test result to be out

Inform the Doctor about her consumption of those deadly foods

And tell Doctor to warn her to stay away from it if she wants to live healthy

I have an aunt that drinks cocacola like water, I warned her she didn't hear, her family warned her she did not take their words

I went to her family Doctor and reported it to him and ask him to warm her

The Doctor said he is tired of warning her and I ask the Doctor the way forward, he said she will reap it

Now she has Diabetics and her own is the bad one that she has been taught on how to inject herself daily morning and night

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by kushme: 3:37pm On Jan 21
Testiebobo:

Guy, with all due respect,your mother is just another sucker for food like most Nigerian women who mostly eat to live, good for her if she is eating her sweat most times and na WA for her if she's always demanding those beef and indomie from y'all...

The women of old raised these current gluttonous women in this Tinubu era of inflation and lack.. Men, don suffer. If na lie, why is it that, you the man, is the one complaining ?
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by jaszplus12(m): 3:59pm On Jan 21
frozen70:

I have an aunt that drinks cocacola like water, I warned her she didn't hear, her family warned her she did not take their words

The Doctor said he is tired of warning her and I ask the Doctor the way forward, he said she will reap it

Funny that she will end up burdening others with attending to her in everything!!
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:09pm On Jan 21
Testiebobo:

The only thing I don't like is the processed food - Indomie.

But for the meat, it's okay since it's protein.

Elders need to eat more protein, good fats and green vegetables than carbs. Carb should have the lowest ratio in an older person's diet.

Many just don't know this.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:10pm On Jan 21
noobody:
It's in Nigeria we consider beef/chicken/fish as luxury.

Abroad,protein is very important,
Steak is usually served as a main course meal and also you also see food served with loads of protein and just little food as the side.

Well said.

Protein is very important but here, it takes 2nd place.

Our foods are yoo carb laden.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:13pm On Jan 21
frozen70:

Diabetes does affect the eyes.

It's called "Diabetic Retinopathy."

Please tell her to change her cooking oil to coconut oil to help her sight.

Help her research on the healing powers of coconut oil for the eyes.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:19pm On Jan 21
Chrisviboy85:
Oga there's nothing wrong with the BEEF.. it's only the INDOMIE that might not be good for her because it's processed food..what you should be afraid of is excess sugar and excess processed food not meat..All those fallacies about Red meat being bad is nothing but lies bro.. Meat and Eggs are nice for the body..but Processed food like INDOMIE can be harmful when taken in excess..our ancestors ate more Meat than we are doing today,in fact many lived on just meat for sometimes but they lived longer than us..

Thank you sir oooooooo

I used to believe that meat is BAD crap until I came across carnivore diet and read how some lost weight and improved their health while on the diet.

Na so I begin have a rethink oooooo

So many fallacies that we have believed.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:22pm On Jan 21
HarunaWest:
THats why Obesity and diabetes with High BP reigns supreme over there. I feel the main diet of manki d should be largely more vegetable and fruits. Less carbohydrates and protein.

I humbly disagree with you sir.

I feel it should be more of:
1. Good fats (highest proportion)
2. Protein
3. Vegetables
4. Carb (little to no carb sef)
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:28pm On Jan 21
favour32:
The mono_sodium glutamate and preservative both dey damage organs of the body.

For the meat.... nothing bad.
Recent research say, carnivore diet, especially, meat,wey be 100% protein and 0% carbohydrates, na the best diet

While survival food na carbohydrates.
You nor too need am.

You can argue with any of ya ancestors!

I agree with you 100000000%

Carbohydrates, truly, are survival foods. They provide energy and the excess are converted into fats and stored in the body.

Unnecessary fats!
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Noblemanonpoint: 4:58pm On Jan 21
Testiebobo:
You're probably in Nigeria. Most of the beef we consume here are grass fed and not raised in a farm with genetically modified grains, vaccines and hormones. They are safe to consume and five pieces is okay.

On the other hand, the indomie. She needs to stop eating that trash. It's poison.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by frozen70(f): 5:04pm On Jan 21
ferhyntorlah:

Diabetes does affect the eyes.

It's called "Diabetic Retinopathy."

Please tell her to change her cooking oil to coconut oil to help her sight.

Help her research on the healing powers of coconut oil for the eyes.
Ok
Yes it affects the eyes when it gets to some levels
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by frozen70(f): 5:07pm On Jan 21
jaszplus12:

Funny that she will end up burdening others with attending to her in everything!!

Na so and it gives her mood swing steady

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by frozen70(f): 5:08pm On Jan 21
Guruindahouse:
Unfortunately, sugar addiction can be one of the toughest addiction to get rid off for some people.

You are right
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Jan 21
favour32:
The mono_sodium glutamate and preservative both dey damage organs of the body. For the meat.... nothing bad.
Recent research say, carnivore diet, especially, meat,wey be 100% protein and 0% carbohydrates, na the best diet While survival food na carbohydrates.
You nor too need am. You can argue with any of ya ancestors!
You should equally stop eating eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, etc., which also contain the compound. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) / A Nairalander's Recreation Of Bolognese Sauce / Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.