Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" (50521 Views)

Download A Tribe Of Judah (2023) Movie By Funke Akindele / Tinubu, Atiku Hail Funke Akindele On 'A Tribe Called Judah' / ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by isacolukay(m): 7:16pm On Jan 21
ParagonPrick:
So we should give you money abi. Cos I no understand wetin consign the movie with this your beggy beggy writeup

It is one of the lessons in the movie. If the furniture maker had given Funke's son some money to take care of his mother, the situation would not have degenerated into them planning to rob the store.

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Lucifyre: 7:17pm On Jan 21
GO0dharddick:
I'll rather watch Zootopia, frozen,Coco, Moana, Sing, ant bully, the croods, incredible, etc, than to watch any Nigerian nollywood

Yours is even better. I'll rather watch paint dry than be caught watching Nigerian movies. Overhyped crap, all of em.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by jojothaiv(m): 7:20pm On Jan 21
Pentagon007:
I watched the movie. I admit that it was quite interesting but there is still that overhype around the movie. It is still that same typical Nigeria emotional plot. Nothing spectacular. i rate it 5/10
It was basic for me too, not to discredit Funke hardwork though however, I would stick with a Breathe Of Life and Adire over ATOF.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by blackgold2018(m): 7:21pm On Jan 21
Karleb:
Movies are for entertainment not lessons.
then you are probably a fool or a kid.

Movies are for both you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by harjay1986: 7:21pm On Jan 21
Printme:
The movie was cool. A Nollywood movie I actually enjoyed in a long while.

At the same time, I think it reflects on a very key aspect of life that most people never give much thoughts to.

That is, a male child will always need their father.

Regardless of how much a woman will love the male child, they will always need their father to be good influences in the society.

She gave birth to five children and all their fathers were absent. It's a lesson for women. Once you spoil your life, men will continue to chop and go.

No man will ever want to settle and train another man's child.

It doesn't matter how much you try to manipulate them with the "it's a mistake" or "a real man ought to take care of another man's child"

It won't work. They will just chop you and go and probably add their own seeds since you want to be unfortunate that way.

Also, statistics shows that male children raised by single mothers tends to be the "bad eggs" in the society.

And we all saw that in the movie. Not even one of the children turned out fine for the society. Instead, they were filled with that selfish love that put only their needs into consideration and never the needs of others.

And that's the kind of love women can give their children. Only a father's disciplinary love tells the child that other's needs are important.

It is the father that seeks to make sure the male child, no matter how strong he is, he never used that strength for his own benefits alone.

If she had thought the children to protect others and not just herself, they probably would have turned out fine.

Overall, I think the movie was entertaining but the lessons were still there except you choose to ignore it.

You're right and also wrong I was raised by my mum alone and I turn out to be the best she ever have.... if the parent are raised rightly these will show on the children in respective of single mum or not.. just like you fail to study for exam there is no miracle except you cheat

4 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by iswallker(m): 7:22pm On Jan 21
DeepSight:

Thank you. Good question.

Children normally know if one of their parents died because the parent alive will share nice memories of the other.

Unlike separated parents where the woman is scorned and filled with hatred for the spouse - it will naturally translate to the children and only God will make them good children...and adults..

Just like some fellows in another thread claiming that there is no God because God did not strike down people in the 21st century building sky crappers whereas the bible gives an account of how we started speaking different languages of when how God caused confusion amongst people when they wanted to build a tower to heaven...

The question is what is the motive - they are different. One people were in competition with God and wanted a tower to reach him the.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by NoToPile: 7:24pm On Jan 21
What an analysis.

Posts like this piss me off because I have a friend who lost her husband barely 5 years into her marriage with 2 little boys she's training.

Someone with very low level of understanding will now be saying thrash.

Thrash is what all these stereotypes about single mothers are, and don't tell me a widow is a different case is she not raising the boys by herself on her own?

Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by We4all: 7:24pm On Jan 21
tete7000:

And widows struggling to train children alone are not single but multiple mothers?

Have you ever filled a form where it was stated to tick one of the following?
Single
Married
Divorced
Widowed

A single mother has never been married. A widow was once married. The difference is as clear as day.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DolbyDigital: 7:24pm On Jan 21
Karleb:
And sometimes, to update your vocabulary
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by dalass(f): 7:26pm On Jan 21
Nitabb:
What about the irresponsible men that just pregnant those women and disappear? Can't them be held responsible too?

Abi oh...

As if they can't use rubber to protect the woman from birthing kids they are not going to take care of.

I salute single mothers. They took on responsibility of at least providing for the "fatherless" children

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Teqrch44: 7:27pm On Jan 21
[le

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Incredible128: 7:27pm On Jan 21
With all due respect, I must say that this your analysis is a very foolish one, I wonder who even allowed this into front page... God! @ etrange, come and see analysis abeg 😂😂😂
Printme:

At the same time, I think it reflects on a very key aspect of life that most people never give much thoughts to.

Regardless of how much a woman will love the male child, they will always need their father to be good influences in the society.

She gave birth to five children and all their fathers were absent. It's a lesson for women. Once you spoil your life, men will continue to chop and go.

It doesn't matter how much you try to manipulate them with the "it's a mistake" or "a real man ought to take care of another man's child"

It won't work. They will just chop you and go and probably add their own seeds since you want to be unfortunate that way.

Also, statistics shows that male children raised by single mothers tends to be the "bad eggs" in the society.

And we all saw that in the movie. Not even one of the children turned out fine for the society. Instead, they were filled with that selfish love that put only their needs into consideration and never the needs of others.

And that's the kind of love women can give their children. Only a father's disciplinary love tells the child that other's needs are important.

It is the father that seeks to make sure the male child, no matter how strong he is, he never used that strength for his own benefits alone.

If she had thought the children to protect others and not just herself, they probably would have turned out fine.

Overall, I think the movie was entertaining but the lessons were still there except you choose to ignore it.

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by yusufmurry: 7:28pm On Jan 21
Is the movie in English or Yoruba?
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by TreasureJunky: 7:29pm On Jan 21
I beg to disagree with you on men giving their male children better training than women.
A good parent, man or woman can train a child well and the child will come out good in the society. You only give what you have, if you have good upbringing as a parent, you will transfer it to your child. Some men give their children bad upbringing too

3 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by babtoundey(m): 7:31pm On Jan 21
Karleb:

Says who.

Movies are arts and arts are purely the reflections of the society.

The concept of art for art sake is never a catholic truth

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Caleb15(m): 7:32pm On Jan 21
Don't mind john wick
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Fryx: 7:32pm On Jan 21
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Vulcan24(m): 7:34pm On Jan 21
NoToPile:
What an analysis.

Posts like this piss me off because I have a friend who lost her husband barely 5 years into her marriage with 2 little boys she's training.

Someone with very low level of understanding will now be saying thrash.

Thrash is what all these stereotypes about single mothers are, and don't tell me a widow is a different case is she not raising the boys by herself on her own?

Nonsense.

You are misunderstanding him or her, single mother is a contextual term for women who fall out of marriages not widows or the likes.

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by tete7000(m): 7:36pm On Jan 21
We4all:

Have you ever filled a form where it was stated to tick one of the following?
Single
Married
Divorced
Widowed

A single mother has never been married. A widow was once married. The difference is as clear as day.

Marital status is different from motherhood status. Have you heard anyone said "widowed mother"?

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Dbestbrest: 7:38pm On Jan 21
Karleb:

Why must we learn everytime?

Why can't we just enjoy this short life sometimes? undecided
You must continue learning everyday, for each day bring its new challenges. The day one stop learning, he start dying. It is a fact of life
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Thazard(m): 7:38pm On Jan 21
Proserpina:
I have never loved nor will ever support single parenthood.

As a product of single parenthood,I second this!

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Vulcan24(m): 7:39pm On Jan 21
TreasureJunky:
I beg to disagree with you on men giving their male children better training than women.
A good parent, man or woman can train a child well and the child will come out good in the society. You only give what you have, if you have good upbringing as a parent, you will transfer it to your child. Some men give their children bad upbringing too

The emphatic point is not training or upbringing but emotional involvement!

Men can be rational and ignore the bitter transfer of their failed marriage!
Women won't cos they are emotional being! They will eventually sow that seed of hatred in their children, which is what the writer is saying!

Hence a man can not bring up properly but will not transmit hate. My boy briefly stayed with me after his mother walked, I do t even mention anything about his mother or the likes but I do hear from my boy what his mother says about me in my absence

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by bionixs: 7:39pm On Jan 21
Just take a closer look at the lives of most black Americans. They are mostly raised by thier divorced
or single mums

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by OZIOGU1: 7:41pm On Jan 21
Scholace:
I disagree completely

Women would want to have custody to the kids because as a man you will definitely outsource the upkeep of your kids at the absence of their mother. Either to his mother, sisters, or his concubines. But women will singlehandedly raised their kids either they chose to remarry or remain single mother
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by NOwazobia: 7:41pm On Jan 21
Still anticipating the day I will sit down to watch Nollywood movies. undecided
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Iseoluwani: 7:43pm On Jan 21
Printme:

have u watched breath of life

when you do , u will know this funke movie is trash
NO HOMOS
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Ttipsy(f): 7:43pm On Jan 21
Movie still do not change the fact that Nigeria is disunited
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Gggjhhj: 7:44pm On Jan 21
All of this analysis doesn't mean a thing, pikin Wey go spoil go spoil, don't go about painting women bad and irresponsible, we have single mothers who have raised kings, no lesson was learnt, watch your film and pass, don't always paint women bad and uphold men like we are saints

3 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by EEIA: 7:47pm On Jan 21
Printme:

JennyClay and Siofra no go hear grin

Magnolia, Sweetplum, Sweetbuns all no go hear till they get tribe of Judah grin
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by OZIOGU1: 7:50pm On Jan 21
Scholace:
I disagree completely

Women would want to have custody to the kids because as a man you will definitely outsource the upkeep of your kids at the absence of their mother. Either to his mother, sisters, or his concubines. But women will singlehandedly raised their kids either they chose to remarry or remain single mother

Did I hear you say men will always outsource the custody of Thier kids? Not all men please, in this modern time, a man can conveniently be engaged in his work or business and still cater for his kids, that is why we now have super men of today, doing that which is supposed to be the duty of the woman or
wife...

I will clearly states here that, a child raised by single mum can never be the same, if same child is raised by a man....most men will rather have a child who will be an ambassador of the family but in the other hand a woman want to raised a child who will see his father as a bad fellow, he grow up with that mind set and by the time he realized that all what he was fed with by the mum are lies, Then he begins to return same torture on the mum..

In conclusion, a real man of this generation who understands the tricky nature of this women will always have an alternatives, not having multiple partners pls...women are beautiful souls but this generation is destroying themselves with unimaginable expectations reason, why that movie is vwey interesting to watch

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by OZIOGU1: 7:51pm On Jan 21
EEIA:

JennyClay and Siofra no go hear grin

Magnolia, Sweetplum, Sweetbuns all no go hear till they get tribe of Judah grin

Your list is not complete without KBJK grin
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Gaskiya77: 7:52pm On Jan 21
Men should avoid sleeping with women not married to. There are slot of bastard children suffering from the wrongs of two mature adults.
The annoying thing is that such children are psychologically affected in life.
A law should be made to punish the man and the woman for bringing bastard to this world if they will not want to marry. This will serve as justice to the bastard children. They must not go unpunished regardless of their status.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2face At The Big Brother House In 2006 (Photos) / BBNaija: Mercy And Ike Share A Kiss (Photo) / Wazobia TV Oap-katheryn Obiang Exposes Her Undies During A Live Show (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.