Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,674 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? (6378 Views)

I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye / Why Did Jesus Die? / Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by honesttalk21: 10:09am On Jan 31
MightySparrow:

His argument is valid.

Mohammed appeared about 600 years after the Ascension of the Lord Jesus and began to rewrite the Jewish history. He said imran gave birth to Mary the mother of Jesus!
It was revealed to Mohammed by Allah.

What exactly are his argument/s? State them then we can scrutinise the validity.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by honesttalk21: 10:12am On Jan 31
TenQ:

I have articulated the video for you!
Check!

Simply restate
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 10:18am On Jan 31
SIRTee15:

Cc
Qasim

You have to be drunk and lost in insane delusion to be a Muslim.

All historical records we have about Jesus confirmed he was crucified.
All non biblical authors who wrote about Jesus confirmed he was crucified.
People who had nothing to gain from the so called death of jesus and are disinterested in his final fate all wrote and confirmed he was crucified.
Josephus, a Jew wrote Jesus was crucified
Tacitus an enemy of Christianity wrote Jesus was punished and justly crucified by Pontus Pilate in 110 AD.
Mara bar sarapion a stoic philosopher writing in 74 AD confirmed Jesus was crucified.
Suetonius and Pliny, both Roman historian with disdain for Christians confirmed Jesus was killed by crucifixion.
Thallus, the first historian to write about jesus in 50AD described the night Jesus was killed.

All ancient historical sources we have both extant and references confirmed Jesus was crucified.
All western atheist scholars admitted the cruxifixion and baptism are the most valid fact about jesus.

Yet a man came out of a cafe 700 yrs later and told his followers the Jews killed their Messiah and rejoiced thereafter.
That the Koran could write such absurdity- that jews rejoice after killing their Messiah, shows the Koranic
lack of historical awareness and poor knowledge of contemporary events.

The Jews will never kill their Messiah, rather they will worship him.

The Koran is not a book from God. It's a plagiarized book from Muhammed. The only way the book can be from Allah is if Allah is not God Almighty.
So actually believed a God can die
God is weak too
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 10:31am On Jan 31
MightySparrow:

Taqiyyah.
grin
But as christian you confused yourself because you forgot that Muhammed (S.a.w) is not educated, so how can he wrote a world wide book🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 10:33am On Jan 31
SIRTee15:

Cc
Qasim

You have to be drunk and lost in insane delusion to be a Muslim.

All historical records we have about Jesus confirmed he was crucified.
All non biblical authors who wrote about Jesus confirmed he was crucified.
People who had nothing to gain from the so called death of jesus and are disinterested in his final fate all wrote and confirmed he was crucified.
Josephus, a Jew wrote Jesus was crucified
Tacitus an enemy of Christianity wrote in 210 AD that Jesus was punished and justly crucified by Pontus Pilate.
Mara bar sarapion a stoic philosopher writing in 74 AD confirmed Jesus was crucified.
Suetonius and Pliny, both Roman historian with disdain for Christians confirmed Jesus was killed by crucifixion.
Thallus, the first historian to write about jesus in 50AD described the night Jesus was killed.

All ancient historical sources we have both extant and references confirmed Jesus was crucified.
All western atheist scholars admitted the cruxifixion and baptism are the most valid fact about jesus.

Yet a man came out of a cafe 700 yrs later and told his followers the Jews killed their Messiah and rejoiced thereafter.
That the Koran could write such absurdity- that jews rejoice after killing their Messiah, shows the Koranic
lack of historical awareness and poor knowledge of contemporary events.

The Jews will never kill their Messiah, rather they will worship him.

The Koran is not a book from God. It's a plagiarized book from Muhammed. The only way the book can be from Allah is if Allah is not God Almighty.
But the bible is from God right
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by SIRTee15: 10:38am On Jan 31
Expanse2020:

So actually believed a God can die
God is weak too

Do U want to learn about Jesus Christ?
Do U actually and sincerely want to understand the divinity of Jesus Christ.
I'm happy to teach u.

Forget all those nonsense God can't die, God can't use the toilet, and other dawahgandist propaganda against jesus Christ.
If U want to know about christology and Christophany, I'm happy to teach u.

1 Like

Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by SIRTee15: 10:40am On Jan 31
Expanse2020:

But the bible is from God right

Books in the Bible was written by men filled with the holy spirit and inspired by God to write down what they saw, witnessed and experienced about God.

1 Like

Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by NairaLTQ: 10:52am On Jan 31
Here it is again:
I have articulated the video for you here, what do you think?

The summary is this:
1. The Jews boast that they killed Isa the Son of Mary
2. Allah is saying that this is not true because
a. He was the one who caused it to be (if you like--through destiny) and as such, the Jews are only following the will of Allah (unknowingly)
b. Isa is with him Alive in Paradise.

The whole verse is to show that the Jews have no power to do other than what Allah has destined to be and that all their activities were preordained by Allah and not them.

This is consistent with:
Qur'an 3:55
Lo! God said: "O Jesus! Verily, I shall cause thee to die, and shall exalt thee unto Me, and cleanse thee of [the presence of] those who are bent on denying the truth; and I shall place those who follow thee [far] above those who are bent on denying the truth, unto the Day of Resurrection. In the end, unto Me you all must return, and I shall judge between you with regard to all on which you were wont to differ

and

Qur'an 19:33
There was peace on me the day I was born, and will be the day I die, and on the day I will be raised from the dead."

Of course, most of the scholars of Islam tries to misinterpret I shall cause thee to die, from Qur'an 3:55 as

1. O Jesus, I will take you to Myself
2. Lo! I am gathering thee
3. I will take thee

for the word mutawaffeeka (متوفيك) which means "cause to die"

This is the breakdown: that the Qur'an is NOT saying that Jesus did not die but the power of death and life is in the hands of Allah alone

Thanks!

honesttalk21:

Simply restate
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 10:52am On Jan 31
SIRTee15:

Books in the Bible was written by men filled with the holy spirit and inspired by God to write down what they saw, witnessed and experienced about God.
Like song of Solomon
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
When it teach us how to fiddling with Ladies
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by NairaLTQ: 10:53am On Jan 31
MightySparrow:

Abi o.
Truth no dey get second version.
Na so o!
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by SIRTee15: 10:56am On Jan 31
Expanse2020:

Like song of Solomon
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Have U actually read songs of Solomon?
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by NairaLTQ: 10:59am On Jan 31
Expanse2020:

Like song of Solomon
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quran 66:12
And Maryam (Mary) daughter of Imran, who kept safe her private parts (Vagina) so We breathed in it (vagina) of Our Spirit, and she sincerely (believed) in the Words of her Lord, and His Books; and she was one of the devout.

Is this holy Cunnilingus by Jibril?
If Mary didn't see an Angel (come to her) but a man, how did he (Jubril) blow into Mary's Vagina?

What is Jubril's mouth doing on the vagina of Mary? What was he blowing into Mary's Vagina? I am struggling not to imagine how Jubril has to plug his mouth to fit Mary's Vagina for the purpose of Blowing!

Over to you!
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 10:59am On Jan 31
NairaLTQ:
Here it is again:

The summary is this:
a. He was the one who caused it to be (if you like--through destiny) and as such, the Jews are only following the will of Allah (unknowingly)

The whole verse is to show that the Jews have no power to do other than what Allah has destined to be and that all their activities were preordained by Allah and not them.

This is consistent with:
Lo! God said: "O Jesus! Verily, I shall cause thee to die, and shall exalt thee unto Me, and cleanse thee of [the presence of] those who are bent on denying the truth; and I shall place those who follow thee [far] above those who are bent on denying the truth, unto the Day of Resurrection. In the end, unto Me you all must return, and I shall judge between you with regard to all on which you were wont to differ

and

There was peace on me the day I was born, and will be the day I die, and on the day I will be raised from the dead."

Of course, most of the scholars of Islam tries to misinterpret I shall cause thee to die, from Qur'an 3:55 as

3. I will take thee

This is the breakdown: that the Qur'an is NOT saying that Jesus did not die but the power of death and life is in the hands of Allah alone

Thanks!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Continue explain Quran with your holy spirit 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by NairaLTQ: 11:04am On Jan 31
Expanse2020:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Continue explain Quran with your holy spirit 🤣🤣🤣🤣
You dont surprise me one bit as the spirit of deception and taqqiya is ruling your life.
Your mantra:
Don't confuse me with the Truth because I have already made up my mind!

The average muslim is not concerned about the truth and he will sacrifice it just to hold on to the deception of Mohammed and his alias Allah!
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 11:06am On Jan 31
NairaLTQ:

And Maryam (Mary) daughter of Imran, who kept safe her private parts (Vagina) so We breathed in it (vagina) of Our Spirit, and she sincerely (believed) in the Words of her Lord, and His Books; and she was one of the devout.

Is this holy Cunnilingus by Jibril?
If Mary didn't see an Angel (come to her) but a man, how did he (Jubril) blow into Mary's Vagina?

What is Jubril's mouth doing on the vagina of Mary? What was he blowing into Mary's Vagina? I am struggling not to imagine how Jubril has to plug his mouth to fit Mary's Vagina for the purpose of Blowing!

Over to you!
There is different between what you changed yourself and what is in the Quran

And Maryam (Mary) daughter of Imran, who kept safe her private parts (Vagina) so We breathed into her WOMB (vagina) of Our Spirit, and she sincerely (believed) in the Words of her Lord, and His Books; and she was one of the devout.[/i]

So what you did to your bible editing it anyhow we don't do that here...and also your bible said curse be to those that alter the book of God
Gbam!!!!
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 11:08am On Jan 31
NairaLTQ:

You dont surprise me one bit as the spirit of deception and taqqiya is ruling your life.
Your mantra:
Don't confuse me with the Truth because I have already made up my mind!

The average muslim is not concerned about the truth and he will sacrifice it just to hold on to the deception of Mohammed and his alias Allah!
Am not confusing you but you already confused yourself by your statement 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 11:11am On Jan 31
SIRTee15:

But bible said the word of God cannot be alter by man..
So how come the man wrote the word of God, if God established he wrote book for us and no man shall alter it.
But some people actually writing the word of God
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by NairaLTQ: 12:12pm On Jan 31
Expanse2020:

Am not confusing you but you already confused yourself by your statement 🤣🤣🤣🤣
It is about you who doesn't want to be confused with the truth because you have already made up your mind!

A muslim with see an obvious Truth but reject it because it doesn't align with the Islamic standard narrative
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by NairaLTQ: 12:14pm On Jan 31
Expanse2020:

So how come the man wrote the word of God, if God established he wrote book for us and no man shall alter it.
God did NOT write any book!

Only in Islam is the Quran said to be the verbatim words of Allah!

Have you read either the Torah or the Zabur or the Injeel before?
Do they bear semblance to it being written directly by God!?

Mohammed thought that because the Jews and Christians call their book the word of God, it means that it was dictated or written by God!
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by NairaLTQ: 12:19pm On Jan 31
Expanse2020:

There is different between what you changed yourself and what is in the Quran

And Maryam (Mary) daughter of Imran, who kept safe her private parts (Vagina) so We breathed into her WOMB (vagina) of Our Spirit, and she sincerely (believed) in the Words of her Lord, and His Books; and she was one of the devout.[/i]

So what you did to your bible editing it anyhow we don't do that here...and also your bible said curse be to those that alter the book of God
Gbam!!!!

وَمَرْيَمَ ٱبْنَتَ عِمْرَٰنَ ٱلَّتِىٓ أَحْصَنَتْ فَرْجَهَا فَنَفَخْنَا فِيهِ مِن رُّوحِنَا وَصَدَّقَتْ بِكَلِمَـٰتِ رَبِّهَا وَكُتُبِهِۦ وَكَانَتْ مِنَ ٱلْقَـٰنِتِينَ ١٢

What is the meaning of THIS : فَرْجَهَا
And What is THIS: فِيهِ

Is فَرْجَهَا the same as SLEEVE?

And Maryam (Mary) daughter of Imran, who kept safe her Vagina/Vulva so We breathed in it of Our Spirit, and she sincerely (believed) in the Words of her Lord, and His Books; and she was one of the devout.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by NairaLTQ: 12:25pm On Jan 31
Expanse2020:

But as christian you confused yourself because you forgot that Muhammed (S.a.w) is not educated, so how can he wrote a world wide book🤣🤣🤣🤣
Another lie!
Mohammed can read and write sir!

Why is your religion so full of lies?
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 12:33pm On Jan 31
NairaLTQ:

Another lie!
Mohammed can read and write sir!

Why is your religion so full of lies?
Na you teach am
Na you put am for school
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by SIRTee15: 12:35pm On Jan 31
Expanse2020:

Bring evidence where God said he wrote a book.
I take God beg u...don't bring the Koran. Thank u.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 12:43pm On Jan 31
NairaLTQ:

وَمَرْيَمَ ٱبْنَتَ عِمْرَٰنَ ٱلَّتِىٓ أَحْصَنَتْ فَرْجَهَا فَنَفَخْنَا فِيهِ مِن رُّوحِنَا وَصَدَّقَتْ بِكَلِمَـٰتِ رَبِّهَا وَكُتُبِهِۦ وَكَانَتْ مِنَ ٱلْقَـٰنِتِينَ ١٢

What is the meaning of THIS : فَرْجَهَا
And What is THIS: فِيهِ

Is فَرْجَهَا the same as SLEEVE?

And Maryam (Mary) daughter of Imran, who kept safe her Vagina/Vulva so We breathed in it of Our Spirit, and she sincerely (believed) in the Words of her Lord, and His Books; and she was one of the devout.
See Mr twister

The word you wrote there simple means to (female) guardyour chaste

So you can twist it d way u like
Not like your song of Solomon

Your breast is bossom🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Your breast is flat
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by MightySparrow: 12:49pm On Jan 31
Expanse2020:

So Jubril gave him wrong revelation?
Dey play.
grin grin
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by MightySparrow: 12:50pm On Jan 31
honesttalk21:

What exactly are his argument/s? State them then we can scrutinise the validity.

TenQ clearly did that.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 12:58pm On Jan 31
SIRTee15:

Bring evidence where God said he wrote a book.
I take God beg u...don't bring the Koran. Thank u.
If it's truly word of God as it's and it's proof itself..

And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered. So if those people who received God’s message were called ‘gods,’

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.”

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar.

You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God that I command you

Are you now satisfied.....
Then the questions is word of God written and re-written and revising by man adding and subtracting is contradictory with what is in the bible

And there is curse for those who keep revising it
Standard version
Revised version
Revised standard version
Women bible version
Awwwwn because the word of God cannot contradict but man with their self ideology the reduced the book fromn 80 to 66 chapters as if it's enough they start lately removed verses form the remaining 66books...
Common men that no more word of God
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 1:00pm On Jan 31
MightySparrow:

So Jubril gave him wrong revelation?
Dey play.
grin grin
So you don't know the meaning of revelation again

And to write

I know you don't know the meaning of reveal from Recite and from write
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Antiislaam(m): 1:12pm On Jan 31
TenQ:
I stumbled on this video by Dr David Wood: He is educating you Muslims on the proper interpretation of your Quran on Jesus death and resurrection (which your scholars mistranslated to suit their narrative).

Most Muslims are convinced that Quran 4:157 denies the crucifixion of Jesus. But have they been misinterpreting the Quran all along? Do other Quran verses suggest that Jesus did die? And can other Quran verses provide a different understanding of 4:157?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMe9tCCs2h8

I plead with you to watch the video and decide if his interpretation makes sense in resolving the Islamic problem of denying the historically supported death of Christ.

Question :
Do you STILL think that Quran 4:157 mean THAT was neither crucified nor killed
OR
That Jesus even though killed was taken up to Allah in heaven therefore the Jews are wrong about their boast that they succeeded in killing him.

This is not to argue anything with you o!

[i]All my Friends on Nairaland:

Don't mind them, they will turn their own book upside down just to suit the level of their ignorant
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by SIRTee15: 1:13pm On Jan 31
Expanse2020:

If it's truly word of God as it's and it's proof itself..

And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered. So if those people who received God’s message were called ‘gods,’

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.”

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar.

You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God that I command you

Are you now satisfied.....
Then the questions is word of God written and re-written and revising by man adding and subtracting is contradictory with what is in the bible

And there is curse for those who keep revising it
Standard version
Revised version
Revised standard version
Women bible version
Awwwwn because the word of God cannot contradict but man with their self ideology the reduced the book fromn 80 to 66 chapters as if it's enough they start lately removed verses form the remaining 66books...
Common men that no more word of God

where in the verses u quote did it say God wrote a book. show me a verse that clearly states God wrote a book.
commandments and prophecy doesnt mean God wrote a book. try harder.

regarding the 80 v 66 books. what do u know about the deuterocanonical book? why were they rejected by judiasm and not included in masoretic text.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by honesttalk21: 1:52pm On Jan 31
NairaLTQ:
Here it is again:

The summary is this:

This is consistent with:

and

3. I will take thee

Thanks!

Is it a fact that the Jews indeed killed many prophets?

Is it a fact that Elijah was in danger as Ahab and Jezebel killed many prophets?

Is it a lie that Elijah was saved from the killing by getting taken up to the heavens by a chariot?

Now if Elijah was saved from a humilating death why not Jesus?

Quran 3:55 states that Allah raised Jesus to Himself. It does not mention anything about Allah killing Jesus.

The Arabic word “mutawaffeeka” (مُتَوَفِّيكَ) is pf the root word, “tawaffa” (توفّى), which has multiple meanings in Arabic, including “to cause to die,” “to take in full,” or “to complete.” In the context of this verse , use of “mutawaffeeka” does not necessarily imply death but rather refers to a different form of taking or completing. It is Allah taking Jesus in a special manner without experiencing death. Similar to Elijah and Enoch

Also, the phrase “wa rafi’uka ilayya” (وَرَافِعُكَ إِلَىَّ) is also significant. It is translated as “and raise you to Myself.” This raising is understood to mean an elevation in status and honor rather than physical ascension. This interpretation aligns with the belief that Jesus was not crucified but was instead raised to the heavens without experiencing death.

Attn. MightySparrow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

All Atheists, Fall In / The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. / Months After Becoming A Christian, Pretty Saudi Woman Marries In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.