Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

If Someone Asks Me “will You Be My Valentine”, What Should Be My Answer? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Someone Asks Me “will You Be My Valentine”, What Should Be My Answer? (1838 Views)

Valentine: What Do You Like About Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? / Valentine: What's The Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done For Love? / Valentine: What To Buy For A Partner In A Long Distance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Someone Asks Me “will You Be My Valentine”, What Should Be My Answer? by MICIBAMA(m): 2:50pm On Jan 30
Responding to the question, “Will you be my Valentine?” depends on your feelings toward the person asking and what you want from your relationship with them. This question, often associated with romantic interest, can be approached in various ways:

1. If You're Interested in Them Romantically:

Direct Acceptance: A straightforward “Yes, I’d love to be your Valentine” clearly communicates your mutual interest.
With Enthusiasm: If you're excited about it, don’t hesitate to express that. Saying something like, “Absolutely! I was hoping you’d ask!” can convey your enthusiasm and make the moment special for both of you.
Flirty Response: If you share a flirtatious rapport, responding in a playful manner can be fitting. For example, “I thought you’d never ask! Yes, I will.”
2. If You Like Them But Are Unsure About Romance:

Requesting Clarification: If you’re unsure what their intentions are (whether it’s serious or casual), ask for clarification. You could say, “That sounds fun, but just to be clear, are you thinking of this as a date or as friends hanging out?”
Taking Time to Think: If you need time to consider your feelings, it's okay to express that. “I’m flattered you asked. Can I take a little time to think about it?”
3. If You Value Them as a Friend But Not Romantically:

Gentle Friendzone: Politely declining with an emphasis on friendship can maintain your current relationship. “I really value our friendship and want to keep it that way. I hope you understand.”
Alternative Suggestion: Offering an alternative can soften the rejection. “I’m not into celebrating Valentine’s Day romantically, but would you like to do something fun as friends?”
4. If You're Not Interested:

Polite Decline: A respectful and straightforward “No” is often the best policy. “Thank you for asking, but I’m not interested in being anyone’s Valentine this year.”
Compliment Before Decline: Soften the rejection with a compliment, if appropriate. “I appreciate the offer, you’re a great person, but I’m not interested in dating right now.”
5. If You’re Already Committed:

Expressing Your Status: If you’re already in a relationship, a simple mention of your commitment can be a respectful decline. “I’m flattered, but I’m already in a relationship.”
Declining with Tact: Ensuring the person doesn’t feel embarrassed about asking is key. “That’s really sweet of you to ask, but I’m already seeing someone.”
Conclusion:

Your response should reflect your true feelings and intentions. It’s important to be honest, whether you’re accepting or declining the offer. How you communicate your response can greatly impact the existing relationship with the person, so consider your words carefully. Being kind and respectful, regardless of your answer, helps maintain a good rapport with the person who asked.

https://rantwe.com/read-blog/500
Re: If Someone Asks Me “will You Be My Valentine”, What Should Be My Answer? by Onuimo1(m): 3:05pm On Jan 30
Your answer should be No, I won't be your Valentine.
Re: If Someone Asks Me “will You Be My Valentine”, What Should Be My Answer? by ohigus(m): 3:37pm On Jan 30
Your answer should be with another question like would you be my wife/husband. Thank me later grin
Re: If Someone Asks Me “will You Be My Valentine”, What Should Be My Answer? by qtguru(m): 3:40pm On Jan 30
Go fcvk yourself

(1) (Reply)

Is This Love? / Is She Right ? / Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.