Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,321 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. (48215 Views)

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 8:45pm On Feb 01
headboyprince:
stupid talk ill rather be in your shoes right now that to be in Nigeria... you even have 30M to spend on education over there and you're complaining what of those that havent seen food to eat in nigeria?
I made the 30milliion in Nigeria not in UK

In fact I own over 4 houses in Nigeria sold 2 before I left

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Kevineleven(m): 8:45pm On Feb 01
Animegirl:
Words can't express how I weep for this country; my future lies in the hands of this nation.

As a young lady striving for success, it seems to be getting harder each day. Things are becoming more expensive, with an increase in the dollar exchange rate.

Life now is about surviving, not living. cry

What steps have we taken to express our hardship as the citizens apart from complain,
We complain to ourselves but the government don't hear us, they are not omnipresent.
These guys hardly have time to listen to radio stations.
The internet is a joke to them.
You want to japa, it only shows how selfish we are as a nation, you just want to japa and save yourself and let others burn.
The government is a reflection of what we are, SELFISH.
We better start protesting peacefully
If They shoot us we go violent this is our country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by RenaissanceGuy: 8:46pm On Feb 01
004gist:

See am helping you guys see the reality.
I stay in a 500 pounds house, I earn less than 800 pounds we month .
Been searching for more job but it's not as easy as you thought.

I don't know if its the timing or anything.

Please don't see me as an enemy
Oh, I can see where you are coming from. Best of luck, man.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by ogbonti: 8:47pm On Feb 01
sukkot:
wow . Create a thread about this story

each time i create a thread it gets lost in the mijit section it never makes it to the front page so i gave up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by bjdon: 8:48pm On Feb 01
Animegirl:
Words can't express how I weep for this country; my future lies in the hands of this nation.

As a young lady striving for success, it seems to be getting harder each day. Things are becoming more expensive, with an increase in the dollar exchange rate.

Life now is about surviving, not living. cry

You can make it in Nigeria but you need to think outside the box.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 8:49pm On Feb 01
planetx:
You spend N30 million to migrate to the UK? Don't even know what to say.
. Any person that migrated through education last year to UK... With family spent nothing less than 15m to 30m
Those that spent 15m actually rented the reminder of that money while those that spent 30 to 35m went with the true requirements.

Now due to the exchange rate it has gone higher

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Caleb15(m): 8:49pm On Feb 01
360command:
Quote me if you want to travel.

You got my attention
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by toujurs: 8:51pm On Feb 01
bunmioguns:

So because I no get money to japa

Make I come commit suicide Abi

Abeg help my life

Stop being tribal bigot

I'm not being a tribal bigot. Don't say there is hope, there is no hope for this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by IbeOkehie: 8:52pm On Feb 01
RenaissanceGuy:
They do not pay you in naira, so you have no reason to convert them to naira.

This is one of the most unperceptive arguments about Nigeria/abroad comparisons.

Sir, right now as I type this less than 1% of Nigerians make over ₦500K per month and 97.5% of bank accounts contain less than that amount. That is equal to what...about $300. The actual data is that less than 0.5% of Nigerians earn over ₦200K/month, but I want to be generous

Now imagine someone who left a ₦500K job in Nigeria and made it ILLEGALLY to the USA in say, 2019 after the re-election of Buhari. I know such people. By now that person has managed to settle in. Right now I'm sure they're making enough to send at least $200/mo back to Nigeria if they so wish. If it's a couple that left, they might have produced a child that's now a USA citizen.

The vast majority of 40 year old university graduates with working experience in Nigeria would be glad to be able to save ₦300K = 200$ per month.

This debate or subject has been overtaken by events. It's difficult to get any kind of developed country visa out of Nigeria.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by ogbonti: 8:52pm On Feb 01
Mcslize:

ogbonti na dullard na. Don't mind that old man.

dullard wey get at least $779k cash and in investments portfolios and retirement ?

I am happy to be a blessed and smart dullard

Me Smart man - what is your life worth ? 😂
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by maasoap(m): 8:52pm On Feb 01
mariahAngel:
Nigeria just need two things to be better again; open the borders to allow free flow of foods/goods again, and bring back subsidy, and I'm sure things will be good again.

The damage started when Buhari closed the borders (in a desperate bid to enrich his people).
Wicked man!

The only part I disagree to in your post. Northerners are suffering as much as we do in the south. Food is cheaper there only because they are into agriculture more than us. But the borders closure affected them too badly
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Mcslize: 8:58pm On Feb 01
004gist:

Why will someon be anti Japa.
Can you give one reason

You guys should stop all these lies. Men are angry in this country and you are telling them that Nigeria is better to reside in. Don't you know you guys are invoking the wrath of the youths that are angry with the country called Nigeria?

Of course, everyone won't leave Nigeria, but you guys should stop all the lies of how people suffer abroad. How they clean white men buttocks and the rest.

You can't use the bad experience of one person that didn't plan well before going abroad to judge the loads of others that are doing well in that same abroad that went through a better relocation means like PR.

Will you compare a person who went to one of the best and well to do countries as a PR to someone who went through the study or visitor route? Of course, the one that goes with PR will be better off, while those that went through visitor or study routes will surely have some challenges here and there.

So, because such a person has his own personal bad experience, will you now use that to judge the majority of others that are still doing well in that same abroad? Of course not.

Some of these people that always complain about abroad are always those that didn't plan well before leaving Nigeria. Some went with visitor visas. Others went through studies. And you know such persons won't have same opportunities with those that went straight as permanent residents.

Before an employer gives you a job, they will surely ask about your status in the country. It is easy for a permanent resident to get a job faster than someone who went through a study route, because they don't have that freedom to work full time. And most jobs want a full time applicant.

I believe you went to the UK through study. That's the bad decision you took. Why go to UK, when you can secure a job right from Naija in New Zealand? There are so many jobs in New Zealand currently, that the employers are even ready to sponsor applicants from other countries. Make use of your Google and YouTube.

All I can say is that those that usually complain make bad decisions that resulted in them struggling abroad. They didn't plan well and also they went through the wrong means of relocation.

If you can make research and understand how to use Google and YouTube, you will discover a lot of opportunities even without passing through any study route that won't give you same opportunities as others.

Let's be smart in our decision making when it comes to relocating.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Mcslize: 8:59pm On Feb 01
Kingbuhari:
SK

Abeg, you know say we no go school. Which country is SK? You meant South Korea?
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Anunakeeh: 8:59pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:
To be honest even outside the country the hustle continues but the difference is you see the results of your hardwork. You can plan stuff, work towards them and actually see the results manifesting but it's a whole different scenario in Nigeria. People who are still getting married and giving birth to Nigerian born children are some of the bravest human beings on earth.

Bravest?? You mean the wealthy and rich ones.

Except for them, Anyone below those caliber still birthing children in shithhole are useless iidiots.

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Dennisochampa: 8:59pm On Feb 01
isArray:
Okay, can you compare the quality of life in Nigeria to European countries? You can have a good job but are the government policies favorable? That Europe that you are in when last did you see your light go off? To enjoy that same luxury in 9ja you've to burn a lot of fuel(at 600+) or install solar systems, if you're in for the long term game in Europe you'd eventually enjoy the system.
.... Long term you said.... For now, I'll pick my 9ja life over...... In 9ja... There was always light in the estate I stayed in at Arepo..... The few times the light went off.... I had both gen and solar on standby.....
Also I get to eat my favorite food for cheap in 9ja...

Here in the UK...... One fufu is one pound.......
Something that is 100 naira in 9ja....
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Bossman(m): 9:00pm On Feb 01
Some folks are saying they regret moving out of Nigeria, etc. The bottom line is - you have to plan well before you make your move. Make sure you move legitimately as well. You do these things and you are a hard worker, things will work well for you. At this rate, just about any country in the Western work is better than Nigeria. Heck! Just comparing the life expectancy in Nigeria to that of UK/US (52 vs 80/77), and most other countries outside Africa is enough to convince one to get the hell out!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by RenaissanceGuy: 9:01pm On Feb 01
IbeOkehie:

This is one of the most unperceptive arguments about Nigeria/abroad comparisons.

Sir, right now as I type this less than 1% of Nigerians make over ₦500K per month and 97.5% of bank accounts contain less than that amount. That is equal to what...about $300. The actual data is that less than 0.5% of Nigerians earn over ₦200K/month, but I want to be generous

Now imagine someone who left a ₦500K job in Nigeria and made it ILLEGALLY to the USA in say, 2019 after the re-election of Buhari. I know such people. By now that person has managed to settle in. Right now I'm sure they're making enough to send at least $200/mo back to Nigeria if they so wish. If it's a couple that left, they might have produced a child that's now a USA citizen.

The vast majority of 40 year old university graduates with working experience in Nigeria would be glad to be able to save ₦300K = 200$ per month.

This debate or subject has been overtaken by events. It's difficult to get any kind of developed country visa out of Nigeria.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
There no denying the fact that Nigeria's standard of living has plummeted from 2015 downward. But it's also out of place for Nigerians living overseas to be converting their bills to naira to scare other people from relocating. If their light bill per month is equivalent to N80,000, is their salary also equivalent to N200,000 or less??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:02pm On Feb 01
Anunakeeh:

Bravest?? You mean the wealthy and rich ones.

Except for them, Anyone below those caliber still birthing children in shithhole are useless iidiots.

Most of the people I know who got married recently don't even earn up to 120k a month.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Zanzibar1: 9:02pm On Feb 01
MasterTeeUSA:
another hopeless comment meant to create hopelessness in people....let your words edify. How is internet and light cheaper? Cheapest Electricity is $250 - $300 during winter time...that's close to N400,000 a month and internet can be as much as $80 which is about N120,000 for a month of use. You japa to UK...yes you will work but those care jobs are no different from bricklayers or laborers in Nigeria...you feel them in your body true and true...even security jobs. Ask those with the experiences...ask about people that got sick and relocated at mid age, ask about our people in mental institutions, ask about our people with strokes abroad...yet we come online and sell paradise that is not real for average Nigerian abroad.

This is another view. But work place hazard can happen to anyone at anytime.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by NuCypher: 9:03pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:
To be honest even outside the country the hustle continues but the difference is you see the results of your hardwork. You can plan stuff, work towards them and actually see the results manifesting but it's a whole different scenario in Nigeria. People who are still getting married and giving birth to Nigerian born children are some of the bravest human beings on earth.
Exactly! Couldn't have put it any better. The hustle is probably harder abroad sef, because there's less immediate support from family. Not everything that appears glittering is gold.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by kpompey: 9:03pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:

The day they took the light out for 3 mins here to do some maintenance. They brought doughnuts, ice cream and burgers to apologize grin grin. I remember when internet went out for just 5 mins, the next day the internet company was here to double check everything. The funny thing is the light bills and internet bills here are even lesser than in Nigeria. It's really terrible and to be honest the current Nigeria you are experiencing is paradise compared to the Nigeria in the next few years.

Stop exaggerating Oga, even texas do have a black out that run into hours and days. But in truth , Tinubu is clueless and things are very hard now. 1000 naira is an equivalent of 100 naira in the past.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Anunakeeh: 9:04pm On Feb 01
nairalee:
Born a Nigerian
Born into a poor family
Born ugly
Born without connections
Born timid
Raised with threats of future failure if u don't follow the rules
Grow up under systemic failure
Marry fellow poor spouse
Give birth in poverty

THE VICIOUS CYCLE OF POVERTY CONTINUES
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Anunakeeh: 9:04pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:

Most of the people I know who got married recently don't even earn up to 120k a month.

Exactly they are the most useless and foolish iidiots causing menace and nuisnace on earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Mcslize: 9:07pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:

I dont envy Nigerian married men at all. You guys are all very brave especially those who newly got married in the last 8 years. If i never left, I wouldnt even date talk less of getting married.

Follow this man called Dr Charles Apoki on YouTube. That man is revealing some deep wisdoms for young men both abroad and home.

Some deep things the man is revealing to young men are things no one will ever tell you on a normal day. I see alot of sense in his videos and so many reasons to follow him and watching all his videos. I just said let me share with you, especially those abroad.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by ogbonti: 9:08pm On Feb 01
Mcslize:

Mr man stop all these your cheap lies. Show us proofs that you have really lived in the US.

Oga I have nothing to prove to you - even when Jesus performed miracles many who wintnessed it said he was possesed of the devil - you seeing my picture or me revealing my identity wont make you change your mind IF its already made - so do whats best for your life- I have done God’s work telling it as it is - its all up to you to shoot your shot and good luck to you!
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by occfx: 9:10pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:

In the east we are given birth to Biafran children. Nigeria is gone
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by mariahAngel(f): 9:11pm On Feb 01
maasoap:

The only part I disagree to in your post. Northerners are suffering as much as we do in the south. Food is cheaper there only because they are into agriculture more than us. But the borders closure affected them too badly

Why so?
Buhari wanted the northerners to be the major supplier of foods in Nigeria, even though they didn't have the capacity to meet up.
Especially rice.

The cost of rice started to go up and up when Buhari ordered the borders to be closed down.

Remember when they (the northerners) threatened us all with not bringing food down south cheesy, and there was nothing much we could do about it because their brother Bubu had locked us all in (swallowed the keys) and held us hostage, but then they suffered major loss because most of the foods perished? grin

Naija people don suffer abeg! grin

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:11pm On Feb 01
occfx:

In the east we are given birth to Biafran children. Nigeria is gone

Biafran children ko, Biafran children ni grin grin grin. That's the dumbest shit I have seen this year.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Intrepid01(m): 9:13pm On Feb 01
maasoap:

That might even be good, in fact better for Nigerians. It is not as if Nigerians are benefiting from the high price of crude, directly or indirectly. At least, a fall in price in international market will mean cheaper price in Nigeria too.
Nigeria is not a country where drop in revenue for the Govt will be felt by the citizens, that's for countries where citizens benefit from the Govts interventions, projects and welfare packages.

Did you just say Nigeria is a country where drop in government revenue would not be felt by the people? Lol, you really don’t know what you’re saying. What do you think is the cause of the present free fall in Naira? It is because FG revenue has dropped significantly and do not have sufficient dollar to meet demand. The demand for dollar payments (via our huge importation, international payments, loan servicing etc.) has far outgrown Supply (via revenue that comes majorly from crude oil). If the price of crude oil should magically surge to $200 as it used to be, Nigeria’s revenue would triple and govt would have sufficient fund to meet demand, thereby reducing pressure on Naira. You need to read more on how it works, but I understand your annoyance about a government that has no positive impact on the people.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by ogbonti: 9:20pm On Feb 01
planetx:
Crazy how a lot of Nigerians especially on NL think people don't die violently in the US, or don't die from stroke, heart attack etc. Cancer deaths in the US is 600k a year and another 600k from heart disease, 400,000 missing children every year in the US.

na ignorance dey worry them - colonial mentality - they think say na dem suffer pass for this world 🌍

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Emekuz256(m): 9:20pm On Feb 01
My brother no b lie you tok ooooo.
tensazangetsu20:

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) / Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) / Plane Makes Emergency Landing After Engine Parts Fell Off In U.S(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.