Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. (47816 Views)

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Blacklion3: 9:21pm On Feb 01
No long talk. Whoever wants to stay in Nigeria, that's their wahala.
But as for me, I am grateful to God I will leave Nigeria. To an European country
This is an affirmation

3 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by sukkot: 9:22pm On Feb 01
004gist:

I made the 30milliion in Nigeria not in UK

In fact I own over 4 houses in Nigeria sold 2 before I left
so you owned 4 houses in Nigeria and you sold 2 and japa ? Were you remote controlled ? But you are one of the lucky few because you still have 2 houses left in naija. Why not cut your losses and return home ? What's keeping you there ? You obviously sound like you are in distress over there . What's keeping you there ? Remote control ?

3 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by IbeOkehie: 9:26pm On Feb 01
ogbonti:

no mind them - the people selling paradise about japa have not slept up to 4 hours a day for the past 3 weeks hoping from one job to the other working themselves to death just to pay bills - NOT TO even save and that is the cycle they will be in the next 25 years - yet people who can build house - run a business and even have a car that they payed for in cash in NIGERIA are envious of those JAPARIANS running after bus and train in western world trying to work crazy jobs in the bitting cold winter - ona eyes go clear when ona reach abroad - BUT please dont sell your house or land to japa oooo e get why

See this kind yarn o. You know one data point I want to get for Nigeria? I want to know how many adults, especially university graduates over 50 years old, own a cement or brick home in the city where they work and earn a living. And of those that do, did any of the funds come from their relatives abroad? How many Nigerian adults over 30 years old own cars or can afford one? I bet you it's not over 20%.

Look this argument has been hashed over years on Nairaland. Why not go back as far as 2003 and see the threads. The Anti-Jakpa people were using these same lines. They've been proven wrong for over 20 years now as Nigeria gets worse and worse. At this point one can confidently call these delusional whitewashing.

Just look through all the threads started by Ozoemeka, Sukkot, Ahiboilandgas, Sihamey and other like minds.

https://www.nairaland.com/9278/life-really-better-abroad/15

https://www.nairaland.com/1458034/want-come-america-really-know/2

https://www.nairaland.com/4144074/lies-nigerians-living-america/38

Oga rest abeg. I remember the Great Recession in 2008 when Nigerians back home were making fun of those abroad, but here we are. The bottom line - nobody ever lost money betting against Nigeria. The country is in continuous decline compared to the West....USA, Canada, UK, Germany and such.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Mcslize: 9:28pm On Feb 01
Dennisochampa:
.... Long term you said.... For now, I'll pick my 9ja life over...... In 9ja... There was always light in the estate I stayed in at Arepo..... The few times the light went off.... I had both gen and solar on standby.....
Also I get to eat my favorite food for cheap in 9ja...

Here in the UK...... One fufu is one pound.......
Something that is 100 naira in 9ja....

Now I can say you are only concerned about yourself. You have constant light in your estate. What then happens to the millions of others that are suffering epileptic power supply? They should fvck off isn't it?

In essence, you're encouraging us that it's only the rich that should enjoy Nigeria while others should suffer. Am I not right?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by isArray: 9:32pm On Feb 01
Dennisochampa:
.... Long term you said.... For now, I'll pick my 9ja life over...... In 9ja... There was always light in the estate I stayed in at Arepo..... The few times the light went off.... I had both gen and solar on standby.....
Also I get to eat my favorite food for cheap in 9ja...

Here in the UK...... One fufu is one pound.......
Something that is 100 naira in 9ja....
Ah! you are in the UK, I understand grin salaries there are not really encouraging and they've been making silly policies recently, I get your point 👍🏿

2 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by sukkot: 9:34pm On Feb 01
IbeOkehie:

See this kind yarn o. You know one data point I want to get for Nigeria? I want to know how many adults, especially university graduates over 50 years old, own a cement or brick home in the city where they work and earn a living. And of those that do, did any of the funds come from their relatives abroad? How many Nigerian adults over 30 years old own cars or can afford one? I bet you it's not over 20%.

Look this argument has been hashed over years on Nairaland. Why not go back as far as 2003 and see the threads. The Anti-Jakpa people were using these same lines. They've been proven wrong for over 20 years now as Nigeria gets worse and worse. At this point one can confidently call these delusional whitewashing.

Just look through all the threads started by Ozoemeka, Sukkot, Ahiboilandgas, Sihamey and other like minds.

https://www.nairaland.com/9278/life-really-better-abroad/15

https://www.nairaland.com/1458034/want-come-america-really-know/2

https://www.nairaland.com/4144074/lies-nigerians-living-america/38

Oga rest abeg. I remember the Great Recession in 2008 when Nigerians back home were making fun of those abroad, but here we are. The bottom line - nobody ever lost money betting against Nigeria. The country is in continuous decline compared to the West....USA, Canada, UK, Germany and such.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

ibe be calming down. I am never anti japa. I just enjoy playing the opposition in these matters lol
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 9:36pm On Feb 01
sukkot:
so you owned 4 houses in Nigeria and you sold 2 and japa ? Were you remote controlled ? But you are one of the lucky few because you still have 2 houses left in naija. Why not cut your losses and return home ? What's keeping you there ? You obviously sound like you are in distress over there . What's keeping you there ? Remote control ?

Will I leave my school and return instantly? Lete get certificate.

I am not telling you not to leave Nigeria. But if I tell you the cost of travelling either through skills sponsorship or through education you will say instead I remain in Nigeria.

There is a friend that came through skilled. Spent over 20 million to get (buy) sponsorship still get no job . The company that took him here don't pay him.

Many that got here through care same issues. One no shift since December although that one spend 10m.

But all in all ensure you are dealing with thr right company.... Directly like NHS if you are a nurse or directly to a company owned by a white man and you apply through their website and get response from them
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by occfx: 9:37pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:

Biafran children ko, Biafran children ni grin grin grin. That's the dumbest shit I have seen this year.

We are used to the hatred... Africa must be independent... We are not meant to be slaves forever. Liberate yourself from mental slavery.

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by femi4: 9:38pm On Feb 01
maasoap:

She didn't say it's late, just that it's becoming more difficult due to high exchange rate, increasing visa and other fees, etc
English dey worry you. "It's not late to leave " is a phrase which means that the drean is still achievable
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Dennisochampa: 9:46pm On Feb 01
Mcslize:

Now I can say you are only concern about yourself. You have constant light in your estate. What then happens to the millions of others that are suffering epileptic power supply? They should fvck off isn't it?

In essence, you're encouraging us that it's only the rich that should enjoy Nigeria while others should suffer. Am I not right?
You're entitled to your opinion...
I said if you have a good job and you're living well in 9ja.....there's no point relocating abroad....
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by sukkot: 9:48pm On Feb 01
004gist:

Will I leave my school and return instantly? Lete get certificate.

I am not telling you not to leave Nigeria. But if I tell you the cost of travelling either through skills sponsorship or through education you will say instead I remain in Nigeria.

There is a friend that came through skilled. Spent over 20 million to get (buy) sponsorship still get no job . The company that took him here don't pay him.

Many that got here through care same issues. One no shift since demand although that one spend 10m.

But all in all ensure you are dealing with thr right company.... Directly like NHS if you are a nurse or directly to a company owned by a white man and you apply through their website and get response from them
wow you and your friends spent alot of money's on this japa adventure.

But they say naijas are suffering. But suffering men can cough up 30 million, 20 million, 15 million naira . The narrative is not adding up
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 9:55pm On Feb 01
sukkot:

But they say naijas are suffering. But suffering men can cough up 30 million, 20 million, 15 million naira . The narrative is not adding up

90% of those people commenting about Japa can't actually fund it.

British visa and IHS for one year is about 1500 dollars or above. Flight is about 700k above depending on the stop over.

Then the actual means of Japa .. Education or skills? Will determine. If education in the UK then keep 45m. If you are buying sponsorship then keep 15 to 20 upwards.
If you are lucky then you get sponsorship free.

Unless you want to go Togo or African countries or cross's desert. But if UK, Germany, USA Canada it's not for the poor or struggling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by ozonechrome: 10:12pm On Feb 01
Dennisochampa:
Don't envy o..
The cold alone is a reason to be depressed and if u no get means of survival for the first few months.... E don be for you be that...
The only difference between abroad and 9ja is that the system here is working....
In terms of food and weather and cost of living... 9ja beat abroad hands down......
So if you have a job that pays well in 9ja and you can live comfortably and still have some to save.... Broz I suggest you stay in 9ja...
Im speaking from experience

Why not go back to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by latiephwald(m): 10:17pm On Feb 01
I don't think I have to continue reading this.... Nice night!

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Femeto: 10:31pm On Feb 01
Animegirl:
Words can't express how I weep for this country; my future lies in the hands of this nation.

As a young lady striving for success, it seems to be getting harder each day. Things are becoming more expensive, with an increase in the dollar exchange rate.

Life now is about surviving, not living. cry

I feel thesame. I feel trapped right now. This failure of a government has scattered my plans by weakening the naira. All my siblings done japa na me remain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Streetdreamx(m): 10:32pm On Feb 01
nairalee:
Born a Nigerian
Born into a poor family
Born ugly
Born without connections
Born timid
Raised with threats of future failure if u don't follow the rules
Grow up under systemic failure
Marry fellow poor spouse
Give birth in poverty born to suffer.

THE VICIOUS CYCLE OF POVERTY CONTINUES

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Femeto: 10:32pm On Feb 01
Dennisochampa:
Don't envy o..
The cold alone is a reason to be depressed and if u no get means of survival for the first few months.... E don be for you be that...
The only difference between abroad and 9ja is that the system here is working....
In terms of food and weather and cost of living... 9ja beat abroad hands down......
So if you have a job that pays well in 9ja and you can live comfortably and still have some to save.... Broz I suggest you stay in 9ja...
Im speaking from experience
You no know wetin you dey talk. People can barely save. I am talking about people earning 350k below.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by grandstar(m): 10:35pm On Feb 01
004gist:

Dont you know that there are foreign agent on nairaland here who swt mouth or hype institution just like we have techno, infinix agents?
They don't ask for money from u but give u an impression to go to certain institutions. They are hired by this so called countries to scout for students

The same way apc have agent here who hype the party

There is this new guy here topman 7.

He is so rude. I suspect he is a paid APC campaigner.

He believes he needs to insult to support the government

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by cucumbar: 10:36pm On Feb 01
004gist:

See I have seen lecturers, bankers, engineers,, nurses, who sold houses, lands cars etc but still like a year now no job... Like I have discussed with them on one on one. We shared gist and they voice their frustration and only hope it gets better some day here.

Some families are fighting saying to each other na u make me leave my job come.

Am not saying this to those who wishes to travel but no fund. Mam talking to those millionaires that might think of selling their house not to try it.

Please if you are reading this please don't sell ur house.

And if u must travel have skills like carpenter, joiner, welder, plumber this skills we look down on in Nigeria and get certification to in that field to back it up
This guy , na Naija you Dey Dey write all these things.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by IbeOkehie: 10:40pm On Feb 01
ogbonti:

people do not die of accidents and crime in developed society? even in the UK do you know how many fatal stabbings happen a day ? do you know many people die from mass shootings in the USA every year ? who told you people do not die of heart attack in western world? yes people trek alot in naija calling it sufferin but that is the cardio that most people living in the western world are denied off because of driving to every point and then heart attack happens because the body lacks constant exercise and before you mention gym availability in western countries how many people find time to use that gym membership? who told you there are no car jackings - needless murders and abductions in the USA ? Have you seen the list of missing kids and missing person in the USA for the past 1 year ? you will be shocked to your marrows - google is your friend

Have you asked Google the life expectancy in Nigeria and USA?

There's no measure of good life for which Nigeria has better stats or lived experience than Anglo-Western nations. None at all.

Good Luck to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by lastkingsman: 10:40pm On Feb 01
pansophist:

Point of correction. CFA has more value than the naira.

1 CFA = 2 Naira
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by gaskiyamagana: 10:49pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:
To be honest even outside the country the hustle continues but the difference is you see the results of your hardwork. You can plan stuff, work towards them and actually see the results manifesting but it's a whole different scenario in Nigeria.
This is one reason I japaed and truly to his word, l see the results of my hardwork. Hardwork that is not even up to the ones in Nigeria that always end up in vain because of toxic environment.

4 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Dennisochampa: 10:54pm On Feb 01
Femeto:
You no know wetin you dey talk. People can barely save. I am talking about people earning 350k below.
Bros who Wan save to save....
I was saving 4k daily throughout last year......
Coupled with my 50k savings monthly... And my office savings of 20k monthly....
Then extras wen I dey get from my business dey go another savings account......
Who plan go live well......
Who deh earn 350k... If e Wan save e go save..... U must not earn 10m per month before you save....

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by gaskiyamagana: 10:54pm On Feb 01
ozonechrome:

Don't mind him. He will not reply you.

2 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by gaskiyamagana: 10:57pm On Feb 01
Intrepid01:

People living in Nigeria should brace up for tough times lie ahead. Crude oil price will progressively fall in coming years and that’s a chaotic issue for Nigeria, as earnings would drop further and the country won’t have enough to service debts, pay for importation of goods and even run the government. That will further put pressure on Naira, making it to deep further. May God help us all.
Instead of hearken to this holy advice, some will label the writer, prophet of doom .

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Dennisochampa: 10:59pm On Feb 01
ozonechrome:

I'm gradually beginning to find my feet here...
Also, my wife's family are all based here....
She doesn't want to return to 9ja and I can't leave her and my kids...
Hope you understand why I can't relocate back to 9ja even if I want to

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Lifemanage: 11:02pm On Feb 01
sukkot:

The matter tire person. It is the rich that are japaing...not the poor. The selfish rich who want to keep being richer by going abroad to make hard currencies. We are not ruled by patriotism in our decisions. They whine that the country is hard but their decisions are part of what is making the country harder

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Sequences: 11:14pm On Feb 01
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Hassanmaye(m): 11:22pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:
To be honest even outside the country the hustle continues but the difference is you see the results of your hardwork. You can plan stuff, work towards them and actually see the results manifesting but it's a whole different scenario in Nigeria. People who are still getting married and giving birth to Nigerian born children are some of the bravest human beings on earth.
grin grin shocked
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Hassanmaye(m): 11:24pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:

The day they took the light out for 3 mins here to do some maintenance. They brought doughnuts, ice cream and burgers to apologize grin grin. I remember when internet went out for just 5 mins, the next day the internet company was here to double check everything. The funny thing is the light bills and internet bills here are even lesser than in Nigeria. It's really terrible and to be honest the current Nigeria you are experiencing is paradise compared to the Nigeria in the next few years.
Oh my God
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Free2Fly: 11:40pm On Feb 01
post=128237840:

Our Reply at dem MANNA......

Still not ashamed to talk after voting in 2 separate calamities in quick succession courtesy of ingrained ethnoreligious bigotry.

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Abee79(m): 11:43pm On Feb 01
My main concern for living in Nigeria is the high rate of insecurity.

No one is really safe anywhere.

While one is doing his/her best to make a decent and modest income, any riff-raff can terminate an innocent life for just any flimsy reason (political, social, religious, economic) - any NOTHING will happen to them!

This is what scares me the most about living in Nigeria 🥺🥺🥺

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Rescues Ghanaian Fishermen In The Ocean Near Dangote Port, Lekki / How Has The Ban On Keke And Okada In Lagos Affected You? / Ejiro Onobrakpor: "My Mother, A Foodseller In Ajegunle Now Lives In America"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.