Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. (47785 Views)

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by DatNaijaGuy: 11:46pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:

The day they took the light out for 3 mins here to do some maintenance. They brought doughnuts, ice cream and burgers to apologize grin grin. I remember when internet went out for just 5 mins, the next day the internet company was here to double check everything. The funny thing is the light bills and internet bills here are even lesser than in Nigeria. It's really terrible and to be honest the current Nigeria you are experiencing is paradise compared to the Nigeria in the next few years.
Which country?
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 79733139(m): 11:52pm On Feb 01
Lifemanage:

The matter tire person. It is the rich that are japaing...not the poor. The selfish rich who want to keep being richer by going abroad to make hard currencies. We are not ruled by patriotism in our decisions. They whine that the country is hard but their decisions are part of what is making the country harder

It's not only the rich, it's the upper middle class, and regular middle class. They usually contribute money and borrow money to give to the "japaee" in return that the "japaee" would repay the money and keep sending money back home. This was the case with my two cousins who "japaed" in 2022.

3 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by ogbonti: 12:34am On Feb 02
IbeOkehie:

Have you asked Google the life expectancy in Nigeria and USA?

There's no measure of good life for which Nigeria has better stats or lived experience than Nigeria. None at all.

Good Luck to Nigeria

Is Nigeria worse than Afghanistan ? Syria? Palestine or even Somalia? in terms of insecurity? or even poverty [FORGET THEM SAYING NIGERIA IS THE POVERTY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD - THAT IS BECAUSE OF OUR POPULATION of poor people - but these countries I mentioned above have nauseating poverty] Compare the migration rate from Nigeria to those countries - you will discover that our craze to JAPA is born more out of hate for our country and personal inferiority complex than just survival --- the bandwagon effect - MR A B and C don JAPA - na only me remain - when him return now with dollars him go come dey make yanga for me - I must travel too - that is 90% of the reason most Nigerians travel not because they have to travel to make it or live a good life [FACT]

2 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by stacyadams: 12:37am On Feb 02
Animegirl:
Words can't express how I weep for this country; my future lies in the hands of this nation.

As a young lady striving for success, it seems to be getting harder each day. Things are becoming more expensive, with an increase in the dollar exchange rate.

Life now is about surviving, not living. cry

The useless urrcchins who brought us to this forsaken condition in this country will be denied visa to any country they apply to even uganda will deny them visa both physically and spiritually angry grin

4 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by stacyadams: 12:40am On Feb 02
ogbonti:

Is Nigeria worse than Afghanistan ? Syria? Palestine or even Somalia? in terms of insecurity? or even poverty [FORGET THEM SAYING NIGERIA IS THE POVERTY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD - THAT IS BECAUSE OF OUR POPULATION of poor people - but these countries I mentioned above have nauseating poverty] Compare the migration rate from Nigeria to those countries - you will discover that our craze to JAPA is born more out of hate for our country and personal inferiority complex than just survival --- the bandwagon effect - MR A B and C don JAPA - na only me remain - when him return now with dollars him go come dey make yanga for me - I must travel too - that is 90% of the reason most Nigerians travel not because they have to travel to make it or live a good life [FACT]

What is working in your yeye country.?which sector is working??

Oh I forgot

Banditary sector is working
Kidnapping sector is working
Power outage is working..

Una go dey form useless patriotism

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by online4business: 12:41am On Feb 02
I still insist get out now why you can.

It's about to get ugly like omobaba's face .

This is the genesis feb-march will get even worse food price will sore like the eagle.

Once the rain start farm farm farm like no man's business that's how you can beat hunger.

Many people dey my dm for Facebook and 99% na people wey just be acquittance when I dey Nigeria.

It's all complain.

2 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Uchek(m): 1:15am On Feb 02
See u comparing Nigeria & Afghanistan & Syria— a country that should have become the #1 country in the world.

ogbonti:

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by CockPit: 1:40am On Feb 02
REGINALD001:

grin IT WAS EARLY DECEMBER, MINE WAS ALMOST 45MINS, THERE WAS AN EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE WHICH WAS SUPPOSE TO TAKE 30MINS, BUT DUE TO THE HARAH WINDY CONDITION IT EXCEEDED THE EXPECTED TIME....... WITHIN A MINUTES PAST THE 30MINS.....I GOT TWO EMAILS AND DIRECT CALL WITH APOLOGY AND ASSURANCE, AND WAS TOLD THAT IT WILL BE BACK IN LIKE EXTRA 30MIN ......BUT BEFORE 20MINS IT GOT RESTORED .........WITH ANOTHER EMAIL FOR APOLOGY AND ASSURANCE.........

THAT 40MINS WAS LIKE 10HRS TO ME BECAUSE EVERY ACTIVITY HERE IS BASICALLY LIGHT......JUST NAME IT.

I was so excited when the light went off for about 5 minutes after more than 7 years. At last, I can finally feel Nigeria in the darkness.

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by MasterTeeUSA: 1:42am On Feb 02
it's more than work place...most people can't afford organic meals...in some places with what they make. UK people are traveling to Nigeria cos they can't get appointment for years with NHS...we just dey whine dey lie to our people

Zanzibar1:

This is another view. But work place hazard can happen to anyone at anytime.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by MasterTeeUSA: 1:44am On Feb 02
Not so easy...some of them have strict policies on devices and you can be fired...on top you get home and can't sleep once kids start getting home from school...distance with train and buses like 1hr away...memory loss, dementia...it's crazy the things we don't talk about ...abroad abroad we sell lies only

sukkot:
i have to tell you though being a security guard in the UK, night duty , in this internet age will be very sweeeetttttttt. I will just be on nairaland for the 12 hour shift or be watching YouTube videos. Imagine those who did security pre internet ? You will just be staring at white walls for 12 hours straight. This why most of our uncles are in mental institutions in the UK. All they can see now are white walls lmaooooooo
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by MasterTeeUSA: 1:46am On Feb 02
I don't even know how to respond to this...I come to Nigeria voluntarily and no I'm not deported. Sorry to disappoint you on both counts.

faceland:

Then you have never been out or you didn't come back voluntarily (deportation).
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by faceland: 2:30am On Feb 02
MasterTeeUSA:
I don't even know how to respond to this...I come to Nigeria voluntarily and no I'm not deported. Sorry to disappoint you on both counts.

Welcome back home. Enjoy your stay.
I think you foooqed up. Only time will tell (20 years time).
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Porksupplyib: 2:45am On Feb 02
004gist:

I know families that are almost parting ways because of this lines.
Please and please Japa comes with its own challenges and it's extremely expensive and one must think very well and be tactful before a step.

You must have funds to keep you a year or 2 ... And this runs into thousands of pounds.

I mean families sold houses, cars, left jobs and they are here fighting.... Na u say make i leave Nigeria. I am not telling u super story this is true life story.

I can only pray that God will strengthen people to avoid making rash decisions with their lives.

We must understand the fact that japa would not benefit everyone. It isn't for everyone. Yes it is tough here in Nigeria. But still it is home to millions of us. Many don't have the privilege and opportunity which some have. So let's stop making people depressed by using our words to paint our nation as trash.

It isn't everyone who have relocated abroad that is better of. Some are regretting it today. Please think before you take that step.

2 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Aliveandhealthy: 3:01am On Feb 02
CockPit:

You have anything against Gambia?

Come see how we dey enjoy life here. The low population of less than 3 million, and Cheap accommodation.

Hello boss, are you in Gambia? Please can we link up?
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by jimcaddy(m): 3:03am On Feb 02
Do Nigerians think that once you are abroad, then your sorrows are over, and that you become so rich overnight? Do you know the hardship those abroad face? They work their arseeees off daily. No one will dash you free money. Bills, rent, transport will take everything away. It's not easy oh. Yes Nigeria is hard at the moment, but if we can all become United and speak with one voice, then Nigeria will be great again. But as long as everyone remains selfish, self centred, greedy, nothing will change.

2 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Aliveandhealthy: 3:03am On Feb 02
CockPit:

You have anything against Gambia?

Come see how we dey enjoy life here. The low population of less than 3 million, and Cheap accommodation.

How is life in Banjul and how can I get the Gambian passport
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by MasterTeeUSA: 3:09am On Feb 02
Still making a lot of assumptions but its ok Lol

I think you foooqed up. Only time will tell (20 years time).[/quote]
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Onionstew: 3:39am On Feb 02
Animegirl:

Exactly.

My prayer points keep changing every day with how dire the situation is getting in Nigeria. I pray for something today, but when I check the news or go outside, I find myself having to change my prayer points again, if you know what I mean. It's becoming exhausting in this country.

Even for the basic things I need in this country, I find myself having to "work too hard" for them

Imagine me praying for common NEPA to bring electricity to keep my business moving.

Take heart my dear.. I feel all you said.. We must trust God to come through for us. In the midst of it all, prayer is the key. Sometimes when it feels like i have given up on prayers too, i just put on NSPPD and listen in on the prayers and before i know it, i find myself praying along even if it is with tears in my eyes.. God does answer prayers on the alter of fire. Try it out. Shalom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Olafada(m): 4:40am On Feb 02
I assisted a younger cousin to pay his acceptance and tuition fees as he gained admission into a u university in Nigeria.It only cost me £90
which was my pay for a 4hrs job.
I feel bad for Nigeria

£90x1950=#175500

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by REGINALD001(m): 4:50am On Feb 02
CockPit:

I was so excited when the light went off for about 5 minutes after more than 7 years. At last, I can finally feel Nigeria in the darkness.

grin grin IT WASN'T FUNNY, INITIALLY I THOUGHT IT'S WAS AN ELECTRICAL FAULT SO I WASN'T SURE WHERE AND HOW TO START IMAGINING THAT, COS I JUST CAME BACK FROM AFRICAN SHOP THAT MORNING AND NEEDED TO COOK SOUP grin ....... AND THE COOKER IS ELECTRIC.....AND AFTER SOME TIME THE EMAIL CAME IN FOLLOWED BY VOICE CALL, THEN I HAVE TO BE CALM ........... BUT IF IT'S NOW WEY COLD DON ENTERED PROMAX 19, NO LIGHT FOR THE HEATERS TO WARM THE HOUSE, BEFORE DAY BREAK MANY PEOPLE WILL DIE, I SWEAR.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Odibembem: 5:56am On Feb 02
scally11:
When I hear strange story of people abroad advising other people not to come and they stay there without travelling back I knew that human wickedness to human is real. I once told one friend of mine that instead of advising me not to come abroad make himself come back to naija. Nobody said abroad is paradise but its worth it over a billion times compared to staying put in naija when u are not a politician seeing free money. My only regret is that I should have come a long time ago until recently. Now I can work, plan myself , no fear of kidnapping or police brutality. I never even see gun here. I never see any military self but crime rate is minimal. Make una still dey pray to God to save Nigeria as if na God cause am. When people vote in bad leaders they will now be expecting miracle that God can use him to change the country. Nigerians will plant mango and be praying to God to turn it to apple.

The people advising u that it's tough abroad and they regret their decision are not coming back cos they have nothing to come back to. How do they come back when they sold their cars, all their lands and some sold their house? To come back is to again start afresh d third time. They are advising u but u don't want to hear. U think it's cos they don't want u to live a good life, no. It's like joining a cult u think it's easy to just get out? Abroad is good for some class of people, if u are single below 30, if u get a scholarship for school or u get a job ready for u and a direct visa sponsorship from an employer (not carer job oh, real professional job). Anything outside that, be ready for d shock of your life, ur relations and friends u went to meet there will gradually isolate u if not immediately. My friend will say "abroad na cult, we don't tell u d dirty secrets until u have come and experience it yourself and u can not easily go back". Be wise

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by AzaHub(f): 6:25am On Feb 02
Animegirl:
Words can't express how I weep for this country; my future lies in the hands of this nation.

As a young lady striving for success, it seems to be getting harder each day. Things are becoming more expensive, with an increase in the dollar exchange rate.

Life now is about surviving, not living. cry

We know exactly how you feel

See

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Lifemanage: 6:33am On Feb 02
79733139:

It's not only the rich, it's the upper middle class, and regular middle class. They usually contribute money and borrow money to give to the "japaee" in return that the "japaee" would repay the money and keep sending money back home. This was the case with my two cousins who "japaed" in 2022.
Nigerian politicians are a reflection of the average Nigerian mind. Only 20% think patriotically or for the common good. Now the fortunate hard working ones are leaving the country leaving the few who are not yet in the middle class or rich to find their way around the Nigerian situation. Every one has right to their decisions but both those who are escaping are part of making this country a failed state. But those still around, will definitely solve these problems especially those born in the 80s.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Scholace: 6:38am On Feb 02
jimcaddy:
Do Nigerians think that once you are abroad, then your sorrows are over, and that you become so rich overnight? Do you know the hardship those abroad face? They work their arseeees off daily. No one will dash you free money. Bills, rent, transport will take everything away. It's not easy oh. Yes Nigeria is hard at the moment, [b]but if we can all become United and speak with one voice, then Nigeria will be great again. [/b]But as long as everyone remains selfish, self centred, greedy, nothing will change.
LoL

I laugh people like you in Swahili. Your greatgrand parents, grandparents and parents had done that, nothing to show for it. I'm sure your children and grandchildren will continue from where their ancestors stopped grin

2 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Scholace: 6:50am On Feb 02
sukkot:
wow you and your friends spent alot of money's on this japa adventure.

But they say naijas are suffering. But suffering men can cough up 30 million, 20 million, 15 million naira . The narrative is not adding up
how many Nigerians can cough out such amount amongst the over 220 millions population?

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by gfon(m): 6:55am On Feb 02
planetx:
You wouldn't pay a kobo back and you know that.
everyone isn't you. That's why I stated a legal written agreement.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by sukkot: 6:55am On Feb 02
Scholace:
how many Nigerians can cough out such amount amongst the over 220 millions population?
over past 4 years like 1 million people who japa have cough it out so far na lol
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Zanzibar1: 7:02am On Feb 02
faceland:

I think you foooqed up. Only time will tell (20 years time).
People make choices every time, oftentimes, they aren't good decisions.
MasterTeeUSA might not have been deported so he can still go back abroad when he notices the dollar to naira rate conversion.

Last year, I worked in a hotel for a while. A guest came and asked me where he could change some dollars he had. I offered to help him.
When the aboki came, I realized 100$ was equivalent to 56,000naira.

That's just 1 piece of 100$ bill o. Now, let's assume you are spending in naira, what problems can you solve with 56k and do you know it's very hard to even raise 56k legitimately or even on employment basis?
If you are abroad, you will get jobs that can offer higher than 100$ in a day o.
And yes, just to point out that $100 is no longer equivalent to 56,000naira.

2 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Scholace: 7:03am On Feb 02
Dennisochampa:
.... Long term you said.... For now, I'll pick my 9ja life over...... In 9ja... There was always light in the estate I stayed in at Arepo..... The few times the light went off.... I had both gen and solar on standby.....
Also I get to eat my favorite food for cheap in 9ja...

Here in the UK...... One fufu is one pound.......
Something that is 100 naira in 9ja....
lots of naija youths are jobless and dying of hunger

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by sukkot: 7:04am On Feb 02
MasterTeeUSA:
Not so easy...some of them have strict policies on devices and you can be fired...on top you get home and can't sleep once kids start getting home from school...distance with train and buses like 1hr away...memory loss, dementia...it's crazy the things we don't talk about ...abroad abroad we sell lies only

lol I totally get you bro. I have done that security before. It's not a stressful job but it brings a huge set of discomfort and it's own set of suffering into your life. Like you said, after 12 hour shift them getting train home then trying to sleep in the morning is impossible and then at 5pm you have to get ready to go and do it again. It's killing. It's a different kind of stress that Nigerians can never understand. With Nigerians so far as you are in the UK with a job you are enjoying life. They can never understand the realities of a different kind of suffering even in a sane environment

Well 3 Nigerians just found out the reality of that different kind of stress in the UK. In the past 3 months, 3 Nigerians in the UK died on the job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by sukkot: 7:07am On Feb 02
Lifemanage:

The matter tire person. It is the rich that are japaing...not the poor. The selfish rich who want to keep being richer by going abroad to make hard currencies. We are not ruled by patriotism in our decisions. They whine that the country is hard but their decisions are part of what is making the country harder
hmmm very powerful points raised
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Scholace: 7:09am On Feb 02
sukkot:
over past 4 years like 1 million people who japa have cough it out so far na lol
what is one million in over 220 million?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Photo Of The Survivor Of The Trailer Accident In Ojuelegba Yesterday / Nigerian Navy Rescues Ghanaian Fishermen In The Ocean Near Dangote Port, Lekki / How Has The Ban On Keke And Okada In Lagos Affected You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.