Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military (25401 Views)

Tinubu Inherited A Bankrupt Country - NSA, Nuhu Ribadu / Reno Omokri Returns To Nigeria, Meets NSA, Nuhu Ribadu / I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by MrUchenna1(m): 10:02am On Feb 02
Is this our problem?

1 Like

Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:56am On Feb 02
Yankee101:
The love of misplaced priorities
Handle insecurity not clothing arrangement
Everyone in America can wear military fatigue yet they donโ€™t have our kind of insecurity
AMERICA IS OVER 200YEARS OLD,NAIJA IS JUST 65YRS,HUMANS TAKE TIME TO DEVELOP WELL AND BECOME ADVANCED,DESPITE THE HITECH ICT KNOWLEDGE AVAILABLE NOW
Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by portplus: 11:05am On Feb 02
with all the kidnap upanddown....
This all the NSA has to say?
Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by masseratti: 11:23am On Feb 02
Richtaiwo:
Police nko? Na their own dey vex me pass. The army camouflage is for concealment in the bush. Wetin police dey conceal?
i swear I don't understand the rationale with Police in camouflage.. Doesn't make sense..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by Dfather1(m): 11:48am On Feb 02
TUTU147:
People are expecting police to be included in the ban without knowing that police is the mother of all force's in nigeria.It was the calmness of the police that gave the military the power they are enjoying today.The military government did alot of harm to the police by weakening their power.

Go through the circular again. Police are only allowed to wear camouflage when they are in a joint operation with the military or special operations(which in most cases requires military assistance). Apart from these two occasions, they are not allowed to put it on.

That being said, why would police want to put on camouflage? Do you know the use of camouflage? One thing most security agencies fail to understand is that everything being done in the military has reason and purpose, imitating it without cause/purpose makes them stupid.

Let me quickly correct your impression about police being the mother of forces in Nigeria and they were being weakend by the military.
First of all, police is a service and not member of the armed forces. The mandate of the police is very different from the mandate of the military. Police take care of internal security and Incase if they fail, military steps in which is what is currently going on in Nigeria now while military protect the territorial integrity of her nation.

Lastly, military personnel are fully empowered to exercise a level of uselessness while fighting external aggressor and not on civilian populace. Military personnel should not constitute nuisance and go about their normal duty as civilian while they are not tasked. Police owns the internal security of the country and not the military.

Military personnel should remember this and stop misbehaving, although the police has made herself very useless.
Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by FirstCounsel(m): 12:34pm On Feb 02
Paraman:
I was just laughing when the NSCDC also unveil their camouflage. Even the people wey dey quench fire get camouflage too
Fire service get dem own too oo
Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by Sijo01(f): 1:25pm On Feb 02
How many times will they ban camouflage

Ban without implementing. After this initial gra gra, camouflage will be everywhere again undecided
Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by McLizbae: 5:59pm On Feb 02
For concealment on the tarred road๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Richtaiwo:
Police nko? Na their own dey vex me pass. The army camouflage is for concealment in the bush. Wetin police dey conceal?
Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by youngrichnigga: 6:58pm On Feb 02
So of the myriad of security challenges in the country, the important thing is banning camouflage wear by glorified NSA undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by frankson1(m): 7:37pm On Feb 02
Richtaiwo:

Really! I was so disappointed at the Military for allowing the police use the camo. And I strongly believe that the Police opted for camo because they wanted to be feared or see themselves as the military when they are bloody civilians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by Yankee101: 9:01pm On Feb 02
PARADIZEPRIEST:
AMERICA IS OVER 200YEARS OLD,NAIJA IS JUST 65YRS,HUMANS TAKE TIME TO DEVELOP WELL AND BECOME ADVANCED,DESPITE THE HITECH ICT KNOWLEDGE AVAILABLE NOW

Malaysia is how old?
Even in Africa, Namibia, Zambia etc
They are more secured
Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by Dbarrzx: 1:20am On Feb 03
Richtaiwo:
money
Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by faceland: 10:06am On Feb 03
SalamRushdie:

What is cami?

I fit spell camouflage.
Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by faceland: 10:09am On Feb 03
Coldspice:

All camo have been banned. Na those mumu NSCDC cause am. They have created more than 5 uniforms for themselves without approval.

Wow.
Hope government would buy the used camouflage back from them?
Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by faceland: 10:14am On Feb 03
I don't follow football, but have you noticed that some of these European club jersey looks like camouflage?
Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by Coldspice: 10:47am On Feb 03
faceland:

Wow.
Hope government would buy the used camouflage back from them?

The person who sent them to buy illegal uniforms will buy it back from them.

They are also government agencies and will self-regulate. No need to seize.

1 Like

Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by MrDoGood(m): 7:31pm On Feb 03
osuofia2:

Ode, how . Because he is taken measures to stop plorifarion of cami?

Look at how ill-mannered you are. Can't you just quote without insult? Besides, you guys just insult people online without knowing who's behind the ID just because it's a faceless forum.

I'm in the system and that's why I asked.

You should read about DIA

Avoid issues online that could possibly lead to your trace. Everyone can be tracked
Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:20pm On Feb 06
Yankee101:

Malaysia is how old?
They are more secured
How many tribes do you have in your so-called malaysia and the east africa you mentioned?
NIGERIA PROBLEM IS TRIBALISM. YOU AS IGBO MAN KNOW IT TOO WELL.
IF YOU KILL TRIBALISM TODAY IN NIGERIA POLITICS, NIGERIA WILL BE LIKE LONDON.
GO ANYWHERE IN WORLD IGBO MAN DOES BUSINESS WITH HAUSA MAN VERY WELL,BECAUSE MONEY IS THE CORE THING,NOT TRIBEMEN.
Re: NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:32pm On Feb 17
Yankee101:

Malaysia is how old?
They are more secured
how many tribes do you have in Malaysia? What is their population? Compare like with like.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Washington DC (photos) / Atiku Gets 55 Cartons Of Documents From INEC, Closes Case / Key Points To Note On President Elect's Working Visit To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.