Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * (3214 Views)

Atheists Debate Religionists * / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists / Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 11:30pm On Feb 04
LordReed:

Nope you are the one with the obsession since it was you who mentioned god first and made a second thread to attempt to tie Einstein with your god. Your attempts to hide behind your finger have already been revealed as less than useless.

LoLZ! Gosh you are a sucker for authority aren't you? Einstein was never wrong? You are such a sucker good grief. Einstein was quite famously wrong about quantum mechanics but here you are talking rubbish. Bwahahahahahaha!

BTW determinism does not say our thoughts don't come from us. That's you once again trying to shoehorn your nonsense into the matter.

Elaborate on how determinising collapses atheism when atheism says nothing about determinism. LoLz.

A determinist can be an atheist but sure go ahead and show why that is impossible nevermind all those atheists who are hard determinists. Bwahahahahahaha!

*Politeness*
Watch out, you're about to be defeated again. Then I'll split from the section till next time. cheesy

Quantum mechanics. Einstein was commenting on Neils Bohr's work. Nothing originating from him (or his "source" if you like) was ever later found to be wrong in real life.
QED one

Please explain to us how someone can say there is a piper in the distance controlling everything and still be an atheist.
QED two

Please explain to us how someone can say he does not take credit for his own thoughts if the thoughts were not fed into him. (It's like prophet Muhammed saying the beautiful words in the Koran were not from him《a stark illiterate》who recited them, yet insist no one fed them into him!)
QED three
Three strikes you're out.
QED!!!!
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 5:17am On Feb 05
PoliteActivist:

Of course you mentioned it first. But let's disregard that. How many times did I complain about your obsession with the term, "god"?!

Nope you mentioned it first. Your attempt to deflect away from your goal was not masked by your complaints.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 5:18am On Feb 05
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
So who wrote these below? Your wife?

Still lacking reading comprehension I guess. Reread my last answer on this maybe it will click for you.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 8:34am On Feb 05
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
Watch out, you're about to be defeated again. Then I'll split from the section till next time. cheesy

Keep dreaming buddy.

Quantum mechanics. Einstein was commenting on Neils Bohr's work. Nothing originating from him (or his "source" if you like) was ever later found to be wrong in real life.
QED one

Ahh great so his opinions on things not in his field of expertise are to be discounted. So his opinion on a Spinoza type god or any type of "organising force" is to be similarly discounted. Thank you! QED

Please explain to us how someone can say there is a piper in the distance controlling everything and still be an atheist.
QED two

Answer my question first then I'll answer yours. QED

Please explain to us how someone can say he does not take credit for his own thoughts if the thoughts were not fed into him. (It's like prophet Muhammed saying the beautiful words in the Koran were not from him《a stark illiterate》who recited them, yet insist no one fed them into him!)
QED three

Again answer my question first then I'll answer yours. QED.

Three strikes you're out.
QED!!!!

Yeah buddy that's 3 strikes against you so go to the back of the line and try again. LoLz.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 8:58am On Feb 05
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
Seems you do. You're the one who asked what religion he was cheesy

Because you said he wasn't a Christian? You do know how follow up questions work right?
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 1:32am On Feb 06
LordReed:

Keep dreaming buddy.

Ahh great so his opinions on things not in his field of expertise are to be discounted. So his opinion on a Spinoza type god or any type of "organising force" is to be similarly discounted. Thank you! QED

Answer my question first then I'll answer yours. QED

Again answer my question first then I'll answer yours. QED.

Yeah buddy that's 3 strikes against you so go to the back of the line and try again. LoLz.

*Politeness*
You know u lost againcheesy
That's why you keep clinging to the word "god". Once it is removed you become confused!😆

Check out below, all our geniuses, from deGrasse to Musk to Einstein, all side with some sort of external force - except Mr Know-it-all, you!

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 1:52am On Feb 06
LordReed:

Because you said he wasn't a Christian? You do know how follow up questions work right?
*Politeness*
See him pretending he doesn't know how it started (below). That's why you're always losing! cheesy

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 5:56am On Feb 06
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
See him pretending he doesn't know how it started (below). That's why you're always losing! cheesy

See him pretending to be blind now. Is my name FRANCISTOWN? LoLz.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 6:13am On Feb 06
LordReed:

See him pretending to be blind now. Is my name FRANCISTOWN? LoLz.

*Politeness*
So why did you jump in to respond for him?? See the thread below. I did not quote you. I did not address you.
Defeated again!cheesy
QED

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 8:27am On Feb 06
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
You know u lost againcheesy
That's why you keep clinging to the word "god". Once it is removed you become confused!😆

Check out below, all our geniuses, from deGrasse to Musk to Einstein, all side with some sort of external force - except Mr Know-it-all, you!

Ok Mr Think for himself for but relies on fallacious appeals to authority. You know you are gonna keep having to dream about defeating me.

You are so engrossed in your fallacy you created a thread to link your fallacious appeals to authority to your god but your deluded self tries to pass the buck on your obsession. Not working buddy, you are as transparent as plexiglas.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 8:29am On Feb 06
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
So why did you jump in to respond for him?? See the thread below. I did not quote you. I did not address you.
Defeated again!cheesy
QED

LoLz. See who is so obsessed with defeating me. Bwahahahahaha!

Dumdum this is a forum where I am free to jump into the conversation at any point I choose. Sorry that you struggle with such a simple concept that it is messing with your perception of reality. LoLz.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 9:22am On Feb 06
LordReed:

Ok Mr Think for himself for but relies on fallacious appeals to authority. You know you are gonna keep having to dream about defeating me.

You are so engrossed in your fallacy you created a thread to link your fallacious appeals to authority to your god but your deluded self tries to pass the buck on your obsession. Not working buddy, you are as transparent as plexiglas.

*Politeness*
I said it! Without the word "god" my man is lost. All those people u see discussing simulation and matrix, do you see any of them use the word "god"?
There is authority then there is authority. If geniuses who figured out truths about our reality that you can't figure out in many lifetimes are all going one way, pay attention! Especially when you are neither a deep thinker nor know anything about the highly advanced sciences upon which they base their statements
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FRANCISTOWN: 9:38am On Feb 06
@ PoliteActivist
@ FxMasterz
Hearken unto my voice and absorb thineselves of ignorance.

You see, I read about Einstein in the late 80s from one of the books in a library. I can't remember neither the title nor the author but I can clearly remember few lines from the book.

And I can tell you for free that there are so many streams of information that are written in books that you will never find such informations on the Internet. Same as there are several books you will never even see anything about them on the Internet.

I read from the book that Einstein was a Jewish christian until 12, but he kept his loss of faith to himself.

Einstein in his own words said "I came—though the child of entirely irreligious (Jewish) parents—to a deep religiousness, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of twelve. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached the conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true." (Source: Wikipedia)

From the above excerpt, which religion was he really deep into? It simply means he was deep in a religion that believed in the bible(Christianity) because Judaism uses the Torah.

O ye ignorant younger ones who run to Google for even the littlest information. Behold the voice of god: you can't compare your knowledge with those of us who read good books. You only have the internet, we have ancient knowledge+ the internet.

I don't just cap carelessly, I do know what I'm talking about. And BTW, do not drag LordReed for what he isn't guilty of.

Don't come at me with your primitive knowledge.

Find the attachments below for your reference.

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 9:42am On Feb 06
LordReed:

LoLz. See who is so obsessed with defeating me. Bwahahahahaha!

Dumdum this is a forum where I am free to jump into the conversation at any point I choose. Sorry that you struggle with such a simple concept that it is messing with your perception of reality. LoLz.

*Politeness*
Poor guy. He has literally forgotten what the argument is about..
Let me kindly remind you: The argument is about how the question of Einstein being a Christian started and continued on this thread; it has nothing to do with whether you are free or not.
Poor guy. Hope your mind is not totally gone
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FRANCISTOWN: 9:56am On Feb 06
PoliteActivist:

The argument is about how the question of Einstein being a Christian started and continued on this thread;
The argument has been brought to submission. Apologize, take your loss and bounce.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 10:22am On Feb 06
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
Poor guy. He has literally forgotten what the argument is about..
Let me kindly remind you: The argument is about how the question of Einstein being a Christian started and continued on this thread; it has nothing to do with whether you are free or not.
Poor guy. Hope your mind is not totally gone

LoLz. Dude your mind is so bleeped up simple things have morphed into horrors in your mind. Once again I am not FRANCISTOWN and my question won't hurt you. Should we get you psychiatric help? You seem to be drowning buddy. Bwahahahahahaha!
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 10:26am On Feb 06
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
I said it! Without the word "god" my man is lost. All those people u see discussing simulation and matrix, do you see any of them use the word "god"?
There is authority then there is authority. If geniuses who figured out truths about our reality that you can't figure out in many lifetimes are all going one way, pay attention! Especially when you are neither a deep thinker nor know anything about the highly advanced sciences upon which they base their statements

BWahahahahahahahahahahaha! OMFD! This one is lost. Simulation and Matrix. I can't even. KnownUnknown come and see the person you want me to give benefit of doubt. LMFAO!

Go find out what the fallacy called Appeal to Authority is about maybe it will cure you of your stupidity.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by KnownUnknown: 10:54am On Feb 06
LordReed:

BWahahahahahahahahahahaha! OMFD! This one is lost. Simulation and Matrix. I can't even. KnownUnknown come and see the person you want me to give benefit of doubt. LMFAO!

Go find out what the fallacy called Appeal to Authority is about maybe it will cure you of your stupidity.

Maybe I’m being too magnanimous. The guy is really ignorant!

1 Like

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FRANCISTOWN: 10:56am On Feb 06
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
grin Funny guy. We all know what you meant
🤣🤣
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FRANCISTOWN: 11:00am On Feb 06
KnownUnknown:

Maybe I’m being too magnanimous. The guy is really ignorant!
PoliteActivist is a lady
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by jaephoenix(m): 11:19am On Feb 06
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
Going by your analogy, you should also be atheistic. A good number of scientists are atheists, about 40%, ranging from Hawkins, Crick, Bohr etc. These were great minds with world changing inventions and they didn't think there's a sky daddy up there.
You obviously have never heard of fallacy of appeal to authority, or even any fallacies at all
Lol at theists
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FxMasterz: 12:04pm On Feb 06
FRANCISTOWN:
@ PoliteActivist
@ FxMasterz
Hearken unto my voice and absorb thineselves of ignorance.

You see, I read about Einstein in the late 80s from one of the books in a library. I can't remember neither the title nor the author but I can clearly remember few lines from the book.

And I can tell you for free that there are so many streams of information that are written in books that you will never find such informations on the Internet. Same as there are several books you will never even see anything about them on the Internet.

I read from the book that Einstein was a Jewish christian until 12, but he kept his loss of faith to himself.

Einstein in his own words said "I came—though the child of entirely irreligious (Jewish) parents—to a deep religiousness, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of twelve. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached the conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true." (Source: Wikipedia)

From the above excerpt, which religion was he really deep into? It simply means he was deep in a religion that believed in the bible(Christianity) because Judaism uses the Torah.

O ye ignorant younger ones who run to Google for even the littlest information. Behold the voice of god: you can't compare your knowledge with those of us who read good books. You only have the internet, we have ancient knowledge+ the internet.

I don't just cap carelessly, I do know what I'm talking about. And BTW, do not drag LordReed for what he isn't guilty of.

Don't come at me with your primitive knowledge.

Find the attachments below for your reference.

Lol.

Do you think you're the only one who has ancient knowledge? If you think so, then, I more. For, I am not a child of yesterday myself.

But, you see, encounters with God is a personal thing, and you can't get it through religion. Both Religion and Science have failed in exploring the essence of a universal God. God is universal and so the medium of discovering God is a universal medium. Scientific knowledge as well as Religion are not universal, hence, they're inadequate as mediums for finding God.

People fail to see and experience God because they do so through inadequate mediums.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FRANCISTOWN: 1:32pm On Feb 06
FxMasterz:

But, you see, encounters with God is a personal thing, and you can't get it through religion.
In what way have you had encounters with God without religion?
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 1:52pm On Feb 06
FxMasterz:

Lol.

Do you think you're the only one who has ancient knowledge? If you think so, then, I more. For, I am not a child of yesterday myself.

But, you see, encounters with God is a personal thing, and you can't get it through religion. Both Religion and Science have failed in exploring the essence of a universal God. God is universal and so the medium of discovering God is a universal medium. Scientific knowledge as well as Religion are not universal, hence, they're inadequate as mediums for finding God.

People fail to see and experience God because they do so through inadequate mediums.

And what makes you think we didn't get these experiences?
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FRANCISTOWN: 2:01pm On Feb 06
johnydon22:

Lol. It is called theoretical physics - it is based on mathematics.

Einsteins expertise on relativity again does not make him an authority on reality it makes him an authority on relativity.

Don't mind PoliteActivist. Even when Einstein was alive, the same religious heads asked Einstein to avoid religious contributions.

For instance:

The Roman Catholic Bishop of Kansas City
in his words said "Einstein does not know what he is talking about. He is all wrong. Some men think that because they have achieved a high degree of learning in some field, they are qualified to express opinions in all.' The notion that religion is a proper field, in which one might claim expertise, is one that should not go unquestioned." (Excerpt from Max Jammer's book)

Christians and their double standards. They rejected Einstein, but want others to believe him.🤣🤣🤣🤣
What a very interesting dream.

I love the words The Bishop used. He said "The notion that religion is a proper field, in which one might claim expertise, is one that should not go unquestioned."

It simply means, there is no authority when it comes to Faith. Don't kiss anyone's ass or follow them like a puppy because that person cannot be an expert. Therefore, do what makes sense to you.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 6:57pm On Feb 06
FRANCISTOWN:
@

Einstein in his own words said "I came—though the child of entirely irreligious (Jewish) parents—to a deep religiousness, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of twelve. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached the conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true." johnydon22
(Source: Wikipedia)
FxMasterz LordReed

*Politeness*
You know, the problem with a forum like this is that you tend to assume that the person you are debating is up to a certain level, when it could infact be someone of very limited knowledge.
Here I am, debating someone who:
1) Doesn't know that the Torah is in the Bible
2) Doesn't know that Old Testament is the Jewish Bible
3) Doesn't know that "Jewish Christian" is an oxymoron
4) Said verbatim that Einstein was a Christian
5) Then asked where he said such a thing!
7) Then said Einstein was "raised a Christian" till he was a teenager
8*) Then said Einstein wasn't raised a Christian at all because his parents were irreligious. Instead he was a "Jewish Christian" all by himself till the ripe old age of 12! No longer till he was a teenager!
9) Then he told me he knows all this because he reads books while I only search Google
10) Then he followed quickly with a post saying everything has been resolved!

My people this is the type of person I am debating!
Sweet Lawd, why me??!!

1 Like

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FxMasterz: 7:01pm On Feb 06
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
You know, the problem with a forum like this is that you tend to assume that the person you are debating is up to a certain level, when it could infact be someone of very limited knowledge.
8*) Then said Einstein wasn't raised a Christian at all because his parents were irreligious. Instead he was a "Jewish Christian" all by himself till the ripe old age of 12! No longer till he was a teenager!
9) Then he told me he knows all this because he reads books while I only search Google

Sweet Lawd, why me??!!

Lol
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FRANCISTOWN: 9:06pm On Feb 06
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*

Sweet Lawd, why me??!!
Engaging you is depleting my intellectual capacity. I never knew I'd need to explain simple things.
1. The Torah is not the bible(Torah is Old testament). The Torah is only a part of the bible. The roof is not a house, but the roof is part of the house. Seriously, do I even need to explain this?
2. The Jewish scripture is called the Tanakh.
3. Refresh my memory, I can't go back to the previous post.
4. Yes I said it while you said he wasn't simply because you don't know Jack. Failed woefully.
5. I did give you
***Do you count 7 after 5 in christian numerals?
7. Haha what is this?? Simply English, pure simple English.

According to Wiktionary "Raise" also means "to establish". The word "raised a christian" simply means he "established himself in deep religiousness " which is christianity.
Do I have to start walking you guys thru elementary English grammar?

8. Teenage year starts by 12/13 so what are you saying?
9. You only use Google dear. You don't read good books.
10. Wasn't it obvious?

You and your brother FxMasterz said Einstein was never a christian. And I've shown you beyond doubts that Einstein was infact a christian.
You already lost this debate.

The bottom line remains that you were wrong to say Einstein was never a christian. Whatever you say henceforth remains insubstantial with respect to this argument and hereby invalid.

Einstein was in fact a Christian in his early years. Beth Shalom! Beth Yirmiyahu.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 12:33pm On Feb 07
LordReed:

LordReed:

LoLz. Dude your mind is so bleeped up simple things have morphed into horrors in your mind. Once again I am not FRANCISTOWN and my question won't hurt you. Should we get you psychiatric help? You seem to be drowning buddy. Bwahahahahahaha!

*Politeness*
You sure you ok sir? All these Bwahahha.. like a crazy person. Makes we wonder.. cheesy
Seems you've developed another obsession besides "god": "Appeal to Authority"! Is that your favorite logical fallacy?
Already told you, the one person who fundamentally changed our understanding of our reality is not just authority - someone whose very name is synonymous with genius in our dictionary! When such a person talks about his field of expertise (nature of our reality) you listen! Especially when other geniuses of our time are also saying the same thing!

As for the Francis guy, seems you've become totally confused. To clear up things a bit for you, see the entire thread below. The issue was who was first to say Einstein was a Christian.

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 1:49pm On Feb 07
FRANCISTOWN:

Don't mind PoliteActivist. Even when Einstein was alive, the same religious heads asked Einstein to avoid religious contributions.

For instance:

The Roman Catholic Bishop of Kansas City
in his words said "Einstein does not know what he is talking about. He is all wrong. Some men think that because they have achieved a high degree of learning in some field, they are qualified to express opinions in all.' The notion that religion is a proper field, in which one might claim expertise, is one that should not go unquestioned." (Excerpt from Max Jammer's book)

Christians and their double standards. They rejected Einstein, but want others to believe him.🤣🤣🤣🤣
What a very interesting dream.

I love the words The Bishop used. He said "The notion that religion is a proper field, in which one might claim expertise, is one that should not go unquestioned."

It simply means, there is no authority when it comes to Faith. Don't kiss anyone's ass or follow them like a puppy because that person cannot be an expert. Therefore, do what makes sense to you.

*Politeness*
I don't know where all these religion talk come from. Einstein was never religious nor was religion mentioned in the OP

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by KnownUnknown: 2:00pm On Feb 07
[
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 2:01pm On Feb 07
jaephoenix:

Going by your analogy, you should also be atheistic. A good number of scientists are atheists, about 40%, ranging from Hawkins, Crick, Bohr etc. These were great minds with world changing inventions and they didn't think there's a sky daddy up there.

*Politeness*
Well, something has to at least make some sense. If someone tells you they believe something because they had a personal encounter, how can you argue with that? Different from someone telling you God doesn't exist - something you're hundred percent sure they have no way of knowing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Launches Yookos 2.1 / Two Things That Happens During Sex. / Developing An Effective Personality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.