Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran (22994 Views)

AFCON2023 : the 3 Best individual Player awards / South Africa Vs DR Congo: AFCON2023 3rd Place Play-off (6 - 5)pen On 10 Feb 2024 / Super Eagles Are In Group A Of #AFCON2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by ruggedtimi(m): 12:31pm On Feb 10
That samuel played well...iwobi is sluggish no doubt. But we need him.
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by aswani(m): 12:32pm On Feb 10
rainluv:

Yen yen yen yen 😏
Hyped Ola aina(same only idiot who lost his penalty ball),lookman,ajayi(this one has even be non-existent in the team) then gave others a dash😏

Go and yansh down jo

Ẹhn hẹn, you wey get pot belle wey akpu full am get mind to dey call Ọlá Aina idiot.

Nutin do you at all.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by SpatialKing(m): 12:32pm On Feb 10
Gbadugbakun:
Very true. That guy has been playing rubbish.

Yet he created the chance for the 2nd goal against Cameroon..

His rubbish is taking us to final

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by highness25(m): 12:32pm On Feb 10
VeryWickedMan:

You must lack respect to be correcting your elders in public. angry
No. He's cleaning your yansh in public.
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by SpatialKing(m): 12:34pm On Feb 10
ruggedtimi:
That samuel played well...iwobi is sluggish no doubt. But we need him.

His sluggishness is what is actually calming the game down..

His hold on the ball gives our forwards time to position

Watch the game against Cameroon

5 Likes

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by SpatialKing(m): 12:36pm On Feb 10
inoki247:
Mk we go manage the Zaidu guy with him injury...

And to people still shouting luck if his easy you sef try am...

Just because you followed a ZigZag line and another person followed a Parallel line don't call it Lazy or luck..

The same way you can fall from your ZigZag line is the same way someone else can fall on a Parallel line...

I didn't believe in the eagles from the beginning buh they humbled me so I prefer this than the days of calculator....

Iwobi is bad iwobi is bad is replacement Yusuf first dash SA free kick near the Box before he dash SA Penalty that took away Alot of people's life in that Semi Final....

Don't mind them

Some of them are just bigots who just hate on the guy for no reason...

2 Likes

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Catapault: 12:36pm On Feb 10
aswani:

The same Yusuf that commited a foul for a dangerous free kick, commited a foul fot a penalty, stood still like Soldier Idumota when South Africa took their last minute free kick and let the person he is marking have a free shot at goal from the keepers Save. That same Yusuf àbi?

Ìwobi works hard, keeps his discipline and shape and most importantly puts the opponent on their heels knowing they have to be wary of him at all times.

The one thing this writer and I agree with is about Ọlá Aina, the incarnation of Anọbi Yisa Sofoluwẹ.

Omo you be real O.G. to remember Yisa Shofoluwe.. grin

4 Likes

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Maser: 12:40pm On Feb 10
You mean the Yusuf that played nothing but incurred penalty for us is better than Iwobi? I hope it's not tribalism speaking. Iwobi only struggled during the first match. His other matches were perfect. Against South Africa all his passes were accurate except only one and he held the midfield well. I deliberately monitored his game to understand uproar against him.

3 Likes

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by aswani(m): 12:41pm On Feb 10
Catapault:

Omo you be real O.G. to remember Yisa Shofoluwe.. grin

I never even chop Indomie once sef.

Otobo to me is still the best ever footballer in the world. My opinion ó that I don't intend to defend before all these Ronaldo and Messi fan boys start their wahala.
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by rainluv: 12:46pm On Feb 10
aswani:

Ẹhn hẹn, you wey get pot belle wey akpu full am get mind to dey call Ọlá Aina idiot.

Nutin do you at all.

You wey no get skull follow dey throw shades in my own mentions kwa? shocked

Wonders🤔
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by HimName: 12:48pm On Feb 10
They should do well to avoid Iwobi and short passes that hardly gets to the next player.
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by fx45(m): 12:51pm On Feb 10
adefitim:
If therefore, there will be any change at all in the starting 11, I will like to see only Yusuf Alhassan take the place of Iwobi. He will make the midfield a bit more solid and his passes are more accurate.
Are you talking about the same Alhassan Yusuf that sent many Nigerians to their early graves within 25 minutes of coming on as a substitute?

2 Likes

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by DrayZee: 12:51pm On Feb 10
Geofavor:

The main issue iwobi has is that he doesn't mark at all and plays like a girl whose legs are not strong enough to hit the ball.
The only thing he does is good passes, but not consistently. Sometimes, he passes to opponents. Some other times, he delivers a really good pass.

A standing 10 should at least be able to mark, deliver good passes, and coordinate the midfield all the way to the attack consistently. At Least.

I feel iheanacho will be able to play that position better.
Iwobi is definitely not perfect. But we need to just accept that his “playing like a girl” is simply how he plays. I used to be worried about it as well, and I’m sure that’s what most people are looking at. He actually looks like he will stagger and fall anytime the ball gets to him, but he doesn’t. He ends up controlling the ball very well most of the time. Focus more on the output. He has been at least 70% effective overall. That’s fair.
As for Iheanacho, I don’t believe he can replace Iwobi. Maybe they should play side by side.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by ABC101FF: 12:52pm On Feb 10
In all, you ended up making sense to yourself only.
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Emymax: 12:54pm On Feb 10
Oga Yusuf came in and brought a penalty against us that cost us to enter extra time. Please Ihenacho or Chukwueze should be in the starting lineup likewise Iwobi, but Iwobi should be removed in second half because he gets tired easily.
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by LazerFocus: 12:57pm On Feb 10
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Madeu(m): 12:58pm On Feb 10
VeryWickedMan:
........................Osimhen.......................

..............Lookman...........Iheanacho............

Aina.........Onyeka.........Iwobi...........Osayi

..........Bassey.......Troost.......Ajayi..........

.........................Nwabali.........................

................Osimhen..........Moffi.............

........Lookman...... ... ..Iheanacho........

............................Iwobi................................................Bassey.......( as an Anchor man).

...Aina......Ajayi.......Troost.......Osayi........

.........................Nwabali.........................

Tell the Coach to play this formation. Eagles will score 4 scores.
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by fx45(m): 12:59pm On Feb 10
aswani:
Iwobi's mum is Yoruba I believe.

The writer has an opinion on football, I disagree with his take, it doesn't make him wrong or tribalistic.
Iwobi's mum isn't any Yoruba. Stop peddling fake news
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by aswani(m): 1:03pm On Feb 10
fx45:
Iwobi's mum isn't any Yoruba. Stop the peddling fake news

At least bring proof that she isn't instead of accusing me of fake news.

1 Like

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by tctrills: 1:07pm On Feb 10
Gbadugbakun:
Very true. That guy has been playing rubbish.
He has been one of your best players in this tornament.
He is the best in ball distribution and dictating play.
No other player in the team has his abilities.
The team generally lacks creative players. Iwobi the only one with a good pass and a creative edge

1 Like

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Maj196(m): 1:08pm On Feb 10
Iwobi is a dunce on that pitch, nothing like his uncle Okocha

1 Like

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by fx45(m): 1:12pm On Feb 10
aswani:
At least bring proof that she isn't instead of accusing me of fake news.
The burden of proof lies on you fake news peddler. There's no single drop of Yoruba blood inside Iwobi. Like seriously? Is Austin Jay Jay Okocha a Yoruba man? Iwobi's mum is Jay Jay's elder sister. Now run along and stop disturbing the peace of sane Nigerians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Cmanforall: 1:15pm On Feb 10
JealousCobra:

Garbage. . . !

Iwobi is not supposed to start fir Eagles. I thought he won't even be invited. Anyways, pounds and connections influence things in SE
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Cmanforall: 1:16pm On Feb 10
tctrills:

He has been one of your best players in this tornament.
He is the best in ball distribution and dictating play.
No other player in the team has his abilities.
The team generally lacks creative players. Iwobi the only one with a good pass and a creative edge
Have you given others chance?

Do not be surprised Yusuf or Aina will be better than him in that role
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by achorladey: 1:17pm On Feb 10
His weak, wayward, incomplete passes and lose of possession na worry
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by johntolu: 1:18pm On Feb 10
aswani:

The same Yusuf that commited a foul for a dangerous free kick, commited a foul fot a penalty, stood still like Soldier Idumota when South Africa took their last minute free kick and let the person he is marking have a free shot at goal from the keepers Save. That same Yusuf àbi?

Ìwobi works hard, keeps his discipline and shape and most importantly puts the opponent on their heels knowing they have to be wary of him at all times.

The one thing this writer and I agree with is about Ọlá Aina, the incarnation of Anọbi Yisa Sofoluwẹ.

Dean of Defence, Yisa Shofoluwe.
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by selartj: 1:21pm On Feb 10
Good! I thought Sanusi was a mismatch in the team until the last game. He may have made wrong decisions in the past but at present, hes is the best in his position. Quick recovery Zaidu. Yes, Iwobi has not had the best of tournament in this Afcon. But they say, 'at all at all na in bad pass.'
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by ira3oladosu: 1:21pm On Feb 10
I Sabi football na be this, see line up 12 players since when FIFA change the numbers of players? 😂😅😅I Sabi football na be this, see line up 12 players since when FIFA change the numbers of players? 😂😅😅...
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by selartj: 1:22pm On Feb 10
selartj:
Good! I thought Sanusi was a mismatch in the team until the last game. He may have made wrong decisions in the past but at present, hes is the best in his position. Quick recovery Zaidu. Yes, Iwobi has not had the best of tournament in this Afcon. But they say, 'at all at all na in bad pass.'

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by chicfarmer: 1:27pm On Feb 10
VeryWickedMan:

You must lack respect to be correcting your elders in public. angry
baba no vex.
oya take style correct am grin
up super eagles!!!
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Metrofox(m): 1:32pm On Feb 10
zudozz:

Iwobi does not work hard enough especially when it comes to stopping the opponent, but he gives the team balance when we are keeping possession and time to spread the passes.

Well said ,Iwobi is very mature and confident on the ball and is the engine of that midfield. I am always relaxed when he handles the ball cos he has good vision and awareness. He just had an average performance in the last game same with lookman probably because they rearranged the players' position . If Iwobi can work on his agility and move faster he will be another Xavi

2 Likes

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Metrofox(m): 1:33pm On Feb 10
rainluv:

Yen yen yen yen 😏
Hyped Ola aina(same only idiot who lost his penalty ball),lookman,ajayi(this one has even be non-existent in the team) then gave others a dash😏

Go and yansh down jo

Aina is very.good ,forget that penalty miss . I am always relaxed when he holds the ball

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osaze's Congratulatory Message To The Super Eagles / Pundits: See How Rio Ferdinand And Glenn Hoddle Reacted To Tottenham Win(video) / Anthony Joshua Congratulates Usyk, Apologizes For His Unruly Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.