Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,417 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran (22963 Views)

AFCON2023 : the 3 Best individual Player awards / South Africa Vs DR Congo: AFCON2023 3rd Place Play-off (6 - 5)pen On 10 Feb 2024 / Super Eagles Are In Group A Of #AFCON2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by MSGAMBLE9: 11:20am On Feb 12
rainluv:

See epistles๐Ÿ˜‚
Who will read this gibberish?๐Ÿค”
It's like brain dey pain you.....,we Nigerians knows who caused us our win and it's no one else but Ola Aina!!!!
Yes!! Same one that threw away his penalty chance if not for my beloved seniorman

Hug transformer ewu ohia
E pain it!! Mumu say na epistle ( a staple of our bloda from white powder region when their standpoint becomes Indefensible and Untenable) buh it an explanation of your seemingly ignorance to you...

Read it again slowly this time.... A shamed tribalist probably raised in one of Baby Factories your people are known for.

Oniyeye oshi!!!
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by tollyboy5(m): 12:16pm On Feb 12
JealousCobra:

Garbage. . . !
Abi na, we don return home sir.
You see iwobi heroic performance

1 Like

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by tollyboy5(m): 12:17pm On Feb 12
Zaheertyler:

Supported with one crate of beer
Lol carry 4 crate go give them 4 Abuja, give iwobi 4bottle for wonderful performance
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by tollyboy5(m): 12:17pm On Feb 12
Duelee:
Nonsense! The truth is we're bringing home the moda fucking trophy !

Sure we brought trophy beer home
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by tollyboy5(m): 12:18pm On Feb 12
Pierohandsome:
Lol. You don't see their luck carrying them beyond silver ware tommorow.

You call the victories recorded luck? I think you are watching the back of your television set.

The ivorians won't survive beyond 90mins. You don't change a winning team
Even tho I liked your comment b4, grin but you don see am now bah?
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by tollyboy5(m): 12:20pm On Feb 12
DrayZee:
You people disrespect Iwobi too much.
Anybody who cannot see how instrumental Iwobi has been in maintaining our midfield shouldn't be giving their opinions on the squad.
You people always see him as an easy target. You think the coach who made him a starter in almost every match doesn't know what he's doing?
The Yusuf you people have been calling for finally entered the game and delivered an unnecessary penalty to South Africa, nearly jeopardizing our chances at the finals. If that was Iwobi, you guys would have been calling him unprintable names.
"Iwobi is the reason Osimhen overworks", but the same Iwobi has directly granted Osimhen 2 key passes in this tournament, and Osimhen wasted them. If Osimhen was converting the easy chances, he wouldn't need to overwork.
He really maintained the Midfield grin
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by tollyboy5(m): 12:24pm On Feb 12
SpatialKing:

Don't mind them

Some of them are just bigots who just hate on the guy for no reason...

Oh! Dem really hate the guy lol. Now we're back home grin
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by DrayZee: 1:02pm On Feb 12
tollyboy5:

He really maintained the Midfield grin
The entire team played trash. Singling out Iwobi everytime is my own issue. Aina was cooked for 90 minutes straight, I no dey hear e name.
Haram football don finally fail. Make everybody rest.
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Draslo(m): 1:32pm On Feb 12
adefitim:
Ola Aina is one of the best players not only for Nigeria but in the whole of this tournament but the moment he was moved to the left wing back due to Zaidu's absence, he struggled a bit in our last game. The day I feared the young lad was the day Nottingham Forest, his club in England faced Manchester United. He showed them pepper.

If Zaidu is fit, he should start. At least, the number one job of a defender is to stop the opponent and in that aspect, you can't fault him; it is just that modern football also demands wing backs or full backs, depending on the team set up, to also be attack minded and players like Roberto Carlos are responsible for that. Lol

The nucleus three of Semi Ajayi, Calvin Bassey and Troost-Ekong have proven to be a very solid shield for the goalkeeper and the goalkeeper himself whenever he is exposed which has been rare, he never disappoint. So the backline is settled.

The trio of Osimhen, Lookman and Simon upfront have been giving every team we have played serious headache and Cote D'Ivoire will not be an exception.

Nine out of eleven positions have been taken care of so far with two positions left: DM and CM, defensive midfielder and central or attacking midfielder which have been manned by Frank Onyeka and Alex Iwobi respectively. And while I rate the Brentford of England player 8/10 so far in his DM role for the Eagles, I rate the Fulham man, Iwobi 5.5/10.

And I think that Peseiro and his team of coaches understand this and that is the reason Super Eagles creativity has been from the wings especially through Aina and Simon while Lookman has emerged as the talisman with Osimhen dragging opposing defenders with his runs there by creating space for Eluku.

If therefore, there will be any change at all in the starting 11, I will like to see only Yusuf Alhassan take the place of Iwobi. He will make the midfield a bit more solid and his passes are more accurate.

The Ivorians rely a lot on the midfield and we must not allow them take charge. Iwobi is the reason Osimhen overworks. I love him but let's leave sentiment.

Over all, I don't see their luck carrying them beyond silver medals tomorrow.

#SWA
My bro, you have sense. All these idiots who insulted you don't have the decency to come back and apologize. I've been saying the same thing since group stages Iwobi has no business in this team
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Pierohandsome: 1:56pm On Feb 12
tollyboy5:

Even tho I liked your comment b4, grin but you don see am now bah?
yes, that is football. The eagles didn't appear like the eagles we watched. They were totally outclassed by the ivorians. That's football, you win some, you lose others. But the eagles deserve to lift the trophy judging by their overall performance but goofed in this last game
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by JealousCobra(m): 2:19pm On Feb 12
tollyboy5:

Abi na, we don return home sir.
You see iwobi heroic performance

What happened to the rest of the squad, where they all jazzed? Including the dumb coach.

Iwobi won't breath for una.
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by JealousCobra(m): 2:25pm On Feb 12
Draslo:

My bro, you have sense. All these idiots who insulted you don't have the decency to come back and apologize. I've been saying the same thing since group stages Iwobi has no business in this team

You and the Op are the hypocritical f00ls for slandering and wishing ill luck to our national team.

1 Like

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by tollyboy5(m): 2:31pm On Feb 12
JealousCobra:

What happened to the rest of the squad, where they all jazzed? Including the dumb coach.

Iwobi won't breath for una.
Which dumb coach?! Na Wetin una want na him the coach do.
The changes should have come earlier. I don't know why many people prefer zaidu. Maybe because he's attacking mindset.
The ivorians knew we were defencive and decided to frustrate the defence. The person wey suppose ginjer na who dey Midfield.
Without Midfield attack will be nothing.
Onyeka tried his best tho.

And ekong was exceptional, osimeh can't kill himself and the keeper tried his best
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by JealousCobra(m): 2:38pm On Feb 12
tollyboy5:

Which dumb coach?! Na Wetin una want na him the coach do.
The changes should have come earlier. I don't know why many people prefer zaidu. Maybe because he's attacking mindset.
The ivorians knew we were defencive and decided to frustrate the defence. The person wey suppose ginjer na who dey Midfield.
Without Midfield attack will be nothing.
Onyeka tried his best tho.

And ekong was exceptional, osimeh can't kill himself and the keeper tried his best

The daft coach shouldn't bother coming back to Nigeria for whatever reason.

His boys were playing deep down the defense all through he kept mute without demanding for a reprisal attacks to the ivorians.

The ivorian winger continued messing with Aina all day without him seeing danger coming.

Abeg cut the crap!
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by tollyboy5(m): 2:54pm On Feb 12
JealousCobra:

The daft coach shouldn't bother coming back to Nigeria for whatever reason.

His boys were playing deep down the defense all through he kept mute without demanding for a reprisal attacks to the ivorians.

The ivorian winger continued messing with Aina all day without him seeing danger coming.

Abeg cut the crap!
Well that's your opinion. I agree he should have tried another formation which he did when he swap iwobi and still bring senior man in.
I don't want to blame the defence much because they've been our backbone since while the Midfield kept doing rubbish.

Abeg Abeg, una player no good and the coach carry Dem reach final.

Without the coach Dem suppose mobilize themselves to win since Dem reach final.

Leave the coach out of this
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by rainluv: 3:02pm On Feb 12
MSGAMBLE9:
E pain it!! Mumu say na epistle ( a staple of our bloda from white powder region when their standpoint becomes Indefensible and Untenable) buh it an explanation of your seemingly ignorance to you...

Read it again slowly this time.... A shamed tribalist probably raised in one of Baby Factories your people are known for.

Oniyeye oshi!!!

Kikikiki ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
I say I no wan read your jargons,nah by force?๐Ÿ˜...ehen as long as aina is and remains the idiot that cost millions of Nigerians happiness... It will never be well with him!

Ozu nwuru anwu
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by EmmanuelAlister: 4:34pm On Feb 12
Eagles express disappointment after AFCON defeat

Introduction:

In a stunning turn of events, the Super Eagles have voiced their deep disappointment following a heartbreaking defeat at the recently concluded Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON). Fans and enthusiasts alike had high hopes for the Nigerian national football team, but the outcome has left many questioning what went wrong on the pitch.

As emotions run high, players and coaching staff are grappling with the aftermath of the defeat, reflecting on missed opportunities, strategic decisions, and the overall performance that led to this unexpected outcome. The disappointment is palpable, and it echoes through the hearts of passionate supporters who had eagerly anticipated a triumphant campaign for the Super Eagles.

To delve into the details of this disheartening chapter in Nigerian football, we turn to a comprehensive analysis provided by Emmy's Quest Gaming. The blog post delves into the match highlights, player reactions, and the broader implications for the Super Eagles on their journey through AFCON. For those seeking an in-depth understanding of the situation, you can read the full article here: https://emmysquestgaming77..com/2024/02/super-eagles-express-disappointment.html

Join the conversation as we explore the nuances of the defeat, discuss potential areas for improvement, and stand united in support of the Super Eagles as they navigate this challenging moment in their football journey.

Source๐Ÿ‘‰:https://emmysquestgaming77..com/2024/02/super-eagles-express-disappointment.html
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by MSGAMBLE9: 8:35pm On Feb 12
rainluv:

Kikikiki ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
I say I no wan read your jargons,nah by force?๐Ÿ˜...ehen as long as aina is and remains the idiot that cost millions of Nigerians happiness... It will never be well with him!

Ozu nwuru anwu
Mumu say Aina cost the Eagles buh it's your bloda Iwobi that is getting dragged on X and Instagram by Nigerians for his ineptitude... he has even deleted all his pictures on Social media and the lazybone is now considering retirement... go pet your bloda who getting bullied and having his paternity questioned online...

Lazybone said he can't read, what a big shame on our Shamed Bitter tribalist.

Oniyeye oshi!!!
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by rainluv: 9:33pm On Feb 12
MSGAMBLE9:
Mumu say Aina cost the Eagles buh it's your bloda Iwobi that is getting dragged on X and Instagram by Nigerians for his ineptitude... he has even deleted all his pictures on Social media and the lazybone is now considering retirement... go pet your bloda who getting bullied and having his paternity questioned online...

Lazybone said he can't read, what a big shame on our Shamed Bitter tribalist.

Oniyeye oshi!!!

If iwobi is being dragged,then aina has been totally annihilated ๐Ÿ˜‚
Just take a stroll to the thread on fp and see the skullerstar being shredded ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Your well of tears makes me honey ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Ewu Gambia
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by MSGAMBLE9: 10:23pm On Feb 12
rainluv:

If iwobi is being dragged,then aina has been totally annihilated ๐Ÿ˜‚
Just take a stroll to the thread on fp and see the skullerstar being shredded ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Your well of tears makes me honey ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Ewu Gambia
Aina getting dragged? do you even use X or Instagram at all? or NL is your all?

Iwobi is currently considering early retirement that NFF is begging Nigerians to take it easy on him.... Some on X are even saying that na their Landlord Impregnante im Mama and there is no way he related by blood to Okocha..

Go carry your bloda who don delete all his Instagram pictures.... na suicide remain for him

Oniyeye oshi!!!!
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by rainluv: 6:36am On Feb 13
MSGAMBLE9:
Aina getting dragged? do you even use X or Instagram at all? or NL is your all?

Iwobi is currently considering early retirement that NFF is begging Nigerians to take it easy on him.... Some on X are even saying that na their Landlord Impregnante im Mama and there is no way he related by blood to Okocha..

Go carry your bloda who don delete all his Instagram pictures.... na suicide remain for him

Oniyeye oshi!!!!

Typical of you tribalistic lots..... iwobi will sure bounce back!!
Nah aina worst but iwobi una singlehandedly dey drag..issorite๐Ÿ˜.....The iberibe aina is being butchered here on nairaland and nah here we dey banter...wetin concern me with x or y?๐Ÿค”

Iwobi must play our qualifiers!!!
You know say you and your cohorts are already quarter to die.. better don't watch the match...eh una no go fit survive am

Kikikiki ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
Efulefu
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by aswani(m): 8:37am On Feb 13
rainluv:

Nah aina worst but iwobi una singlehandedly dey drag..issorite๐Ÿ˜.....The iberibe aina is being butchered here on nairaland and nah here we dey banter...wetin concern me with x or y?๐Ÿค”

You know say you and your cohorts are already quarter to die.. better don't watch the match...eh una no go fit survive am

Kikikiki ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
Efulefu

I am responding to you but it isn't just you as you responded to someone.

Una try for Nairaland sha, una don use Super Eagles matter as weapon for una tribalism.

Hopefully Iwobi continues his stellar career for his fatherland as will Aina. And hopefully all the tribal warriors using them to play table tennis suffer in pain when they see those two boys continue to pull on the Super Eagles shirt.
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by MSGAMBLE9: 10:44am On Feb 13
rainluv:

Kikikiki ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
Efulefu
Iwobi bounce back? from what, to form or depression? someone that even his uncle has refused to defend or make excuses for... his mum must explain which baby factory he is taken from cos he can never be blood related to Okocha...

Oniyeye said he doesn't know X or Instagram, you must be hiding under rock or cave in southern ghetto of Nigeria... for your info your bloda is not even spared on NL

https://www.nairaland.com/7998623/iwobi-deletes-all-pictures-instagram

Aina getting dragged? where and why is NFF not soliciting help for Aina buh is your bloda that is deleting pics and videos of himself crying of Bullying, Depression and Retirement....

Yeye dey smell... Oniyeye oshi!!!!
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by HRMK: 8:57pm On Feb 13
JealousCobra:

I'm a Nigerian besides no one is better than him for now.

.org
YOU BE FOOTBALLER OR COACH?NOBODY PICKS A TEAM WITH BIASED MIND AND SURVIVES!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs USA: FIFA U20 World Cup, Monday 27 May 2019 / Chelsea Considering Sending Charly Musonda On Loan After Instagram Controversy / Ogere, Siasiaโ€™s Mother Regains Freedom From Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.