Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran (22996 Views)

AFCON2023 : the 3 Best individual Player awards / South Africa Vs DR Congo: AFCON2023 3rd Place Play-off (6 - 5)pen On 10 Feb 2024 / Super Eagles Are In Group A Of #AFCON2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Cmanforall: 7:59pm On Feb 10
Metrofox:

Go watch the equatorial guinea highlights and see the chances osimhen got and who supplied them. Then come back and tell me about the Yusuf guy's highlight or impact

I'm trying to say if you don't give one chance, you won't know their potential. It seems you feel team selection has no external influence

Remove Iwobi or say do not invite him, and watch how his absence will not be missed
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by iyke2frankeze: 8:08pm On Feb 10
That Yusuf that specializes in kicking opponent's leg? Are you blind? Do you want red card in the final match?
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by DarkJeddi(m): 8:21pm On Feb 10
Gbadugbakun:
Very true. That guy has been playing rubbish.
So if you are the Coach,you will remove Iwobi in a Finals?
Really?
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by NairalanderFrom(m): 8:28pm On Feb 10
Iwobi can be useless. He played like he was scared of the xenophobics last time. Or maybe he got xenophobia smh
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by pacespot(m): 8:35pm On Feb 10
JealousCobra:

Garbage. . . !

You just called something well detailed and articulate like this garbage without providing any counter points undecided
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by rainluv: 9:26pm On Feb 10
MSGAMBLE9:
it's either you are blinded by tribal sentiment or English is not your forte.... the writer clearly stated that Iwobi has been horrible based on SA game which is a carry on effect of his dismal performance vs Angola ( when he gave the ball away leading to the Eagles been saved by the post)... buh you have to go back to Cameroon to proof your bigoty....

Yeyenatu oshi!!!!!

Anu mpam
Iwobi remains a critical part of the team!!

Go and kee yourself!!!
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Charx122: 10:57pm On Feb 10
adefitim:
Ola Aina is one of the best players not only for Nigeria but in the whole of this tournament but the moment he was moved to the left wing back due to Zaidu's absence, he struggled a bit in our last game. The day I feared the young lad was the day Nottingham Forest, his club in England faced Manchester United. He showed them pepper.

If Zaidu is fit, he should start. At least, the number one job of a defender is to stop the opponent and in that aspect, you can't fault him; it is just that modern football also demands wing backs or full backs, depending on the team set up, to also be attack minded and players like Roberto Carlos are responsible for that. Lol

The nucleus three of Semi Ajayi, Calvin Bassey and Troost-Ekong have proven to be a very solid shield for the goalkeeper and the goalkeeper himself whenever he is exposed which has been rare, he never disappoint. So the backline is settled.

The trio of Osimhen, Lookman and Simon upfront have been giving every team we have played serious headache and Cote D'Ivoire will not be an exception.

Nine out of eleven positions have been taken care of so far with two positions left: DM and CM, defensive midfielder and central or attacking midfielder which have been manned by Frank Onyeka and Alex Iwobi respectively. And while I rate the Brentford of England player 8/10 so far in his DM role for the Eagles, I rate the Fulham man, Iwobi 5.5/10.

And I think that Peseiro and his team of coaches understand this and that is the reason Super Eagles creativity has been from the wings especially through Aina and Simon while Lookman has emerged as the talisman with Osimhen dragging opposing defenders with his runs there by creating space for Eluku.

If therefore, there will be any change at all in the starting 11, I will like to see only Yusuf Alhassan take the place of Iwobi. He will make the midfield a bit more solid and his passes are more accurate.

The Ivorians rely a lot on the midfield and we must not allow them take charge. Iwobi is the reason Osimhen overworks. I love him but let's leave sentiment.

Over all, I don't see their luck carrying them beyond silver medals tomorrow.

#SWA

It takes a team to make it work ... With God by our side we will lift that fucking cup once more
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Sokari29: 12:24am On Feb 11
inoki247:
Mk we go manage the Zaidu guy with him injury...

And to people still shouting luck if his easy you sef try am...

Just because you followed a ZigZag line and another person followed a Parallel line don't call it Lazy or luck..

The same way you can fall from your ZigZag line is the same way someone else can fall on a Parallel line...

I didn't believe in the eagles from the beginning buh they humbled me so I prefer this than the days of calculator....

Iwobi is bad iwobi is bad is replacement Yusuf first dash SA free kick near the Box before he dash SA Penalty that took away Alot of people's life in that Semi Final....
Abeg leave some people em no dey analyse football well how can you be lucky from group stage to finals... make we kuku change our name to lucky eagles make them rest.
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by ubimagos: 3:35am On Feb 11
chicfarmer:

Oga how we wan take start 12 players na? undecided
You're really a very wicked coach o angry
The thing tire me, self!
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by bigcasava1(m): 5:17am On Feb 11
adefitim:
Ola Aina is one of the best players not only for Nigeria but in the whole of this tournament but the moment he was moved to the left wing back due to Zaidu's absence, he struggled a bit in our last game. The day I feared the young lad was the day Nottingham Forest, his club in England faced Manchester United. He showed them pepper.

If Zaidu is fit, he should start. At least, the number one job of a defender is to stop the opponent and in that aspect, you can't fault him; it is just that modern football also demands wing backs or full backs, depending on the team set up, to also be attack minded and players like Roberto Carlos are responsible for that. Lol

The nucleus three of Semi Ajayi, Calvin Bassey and Troost-Ekong have proven to be a very solid shield for the goalkeeper and the goalkeeper himself whenever he is exposed which has been rare, he never disappoint. So the backline is settled.

The trio of Osimhen, Lookman and Simon upfront have been giving every team we have played serious headache and Cote D'Ivoire will not be an exception.

Nine out of eleven positions have been taken care of so far with two positions left: DM and CM, defensive midfielder and central or attacking midfielder which have been manned by Frank Onyeka and Alex Iwobi respectively. And while I rate the Brentford of England player 8/10 so far in his DM role for the Eagles, I rate the Fulham man, Iwobi 5.5/10.

And I think that Peseiro and his team of coaches understand this and that is the reason Super Eagles creativity has been from the wings especially through Aina and Simon while Lookman has emerged as the talisman with Osimhen dragging opposing defenders with his runs there by creating space for Eluku.

If therefore, there will be any change at all in the starting 11, I will like to see only Yusuf Alhassan take the place of Iwobi. He will make the midfield a bit more solid and his passes are more accurate.

The Ivorians rely a lot on the midfield and we must not allow them take charge. Iwobi is the reason Osimhen overworks. I love him but let's leave sentiment.

Over all, I don't see their luck carrying them beyond silver medals tomorrow.

#SWA
there's one thing iwobi does better than all the players in that field which is the ability to give accurate through pass through defenders. Let him start he will sub later
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by HRMK: 7:27am On Feb 11
JealousCobra:

Garbage. . . !

SENTIMENTS!YOU DONT WANT HIM REPLACED?BECAUSE HE IS A FELLOW IGBO LIKE YOU? VERY INTERESTING!!
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by JealousCobra(m): 7:30am On Feb 11
HRMK:

SENTIMENTS!YOU DONT WANT HIM REPLACED?BECAUSE HE IS A FELLOW IGBO LIKE YOU?
VERY INTERESTING!!

I'm a Nigerian besides no one is better than him for now.
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by aswani(m): 10:58am On Feb 11
mystery22:
Crap, Yorubas have come with their mumu bigotry, soon super eagles will turn to Nigeria

You must realise by now that, even on this thread, a lot of Yoruba posters are defending Iwobi's position in the team.

You Obidients must turn everything tribalistic, is nothing sacred? Now you want to turn The Super Eagles into a tribal football to be kicked around to suit yourselves.

Why not support Ivory Coast and take your bad luck to them seeing as the Nigerian populace refused to vote Peter Obi and leave the Super Eagles alone, a group of men who are bonding together regardless of tribe and tongue to put a smile on all our faces.
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by MSGAMBLE9: 12:33pm On Feb 11
rainluv:

Anu mpam
Iwobi remains a critical part of the team!!

Go and kee yourself!!!
It's you a shameless tribalist that should jump into your iweka river.... your hypocrisy has been uncovered

Yeyenatu tribalist oshi keep grabbing the straw...

1 Like

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Messi76: 12:45pm On Feb 11
Ok
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by aswani(m): 12:57pm On Feb 11
MSGAMBLE9:
It's you a shameless tribalist that should jump into your iweka river.... your hypocrisy has been uncovered

Honestly, how Obidients can turn everything into tribalistic nonsense is incredible.

We have a unifying team doing enough to bring us all together and put joy in all out hearts yet Obidients will still want to destroy the ambience with their putrid smell of hate.

How can people have such a dark heart and be proud to show it in a shameless manner?
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by rainluv: 2:36pm On Feb 11
MSGAMBLE9:

Coming from a nincompoop who jumped on my mentions to yarn dust😏

Iwobi will play this evening infact it's a must!!
So you and the op clown can slump!
Population is too much BikoπŸ˜‚ bet me you guys won't be missed lipsrsealed
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by MSGAMBLE9: 2:40pm On Feb 11
aswani:

Honestly, how Obidients can turn everything into tribalistic nonsense is incredible.

We have a unifying team doing enough to bring us all together and put joy in all out hearts yet Obidients will still want to destroy the ambience with their putrid smell of hate.

How can people have such a dark heart and be proud to show it in a shameless manner?
they are calling the writer that praise and gave Onyeka 8.5 a tribalist?... isn't that hypocritical?

They are bitter and envious tribalist!!!

1 Like

Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by sketcherJ(m): 11:08pm On Feb 11
Wow you were right bro!
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by MSGAMBLE9: 11:22pm On Feb 11
rainluv:

Coming from a nincompoop who jumped on my mentions to yarn dust😏

Iwobi will play this evening infact it's a must!!
So you and the op clown can slump!
Population is too much BikoπŸ˜‚ bet me you guys won't be missed lipsrsealed
Here we go the dumb tribalist grabbing the straw...

Yeyenatu oshi!!!
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by rainluv: 11:29pm On Feb 11
MSGAMBLE9:
Here we go the dumb tribalist grabbing the straw...

Yeyenatu oshi!!!

We lost because of that clueless, useless aina cry
Happy Nigerians won't spare him

By the way, iwobi play the match or e no play? undecided. Onye nzuzu
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Neddstark: 12:26am On Feb 12
OP was proven right after all.
People who insulted him deserve yo apologize to him.
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by MSGAMBLE9: 8:44am On Feb 12
rainluv:

we lost because of Aina? the useless GK Nwabili that mistimed his run and was caught in no man's land that resulted in first goal with simple header or Zaidu that allow Kessie that header didn't cost us....or Ekong that allows the striker Haller to get between him and the ball has no blame....

Or the useless Iwobi that was irrelevant and was just juggling, lazily around on the pitch before being hauled off at 60+ mins is not being roasted on X right now? Whether he plays or not is not the issues here it's Peseiro, he keeps playing Uzoho despite Nigerians complians until NFF calls him to order...he never dropped even Zaidu despite his abysmal performances... Now I know you probably watch their matches on NL..

You are probably new to Football...the shamed tribalist says " he plays or not' even poor Uzoho, Zaidu plays for our clueless Coach...... Yeyenatu oshi!!!
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by MSGAMBLE9: 8:45am On Feb 12
rainluv:

we lost because of Aina? the useless GK Nwabili that mistimed his run and was caught in no man's land that resulted in first goal with simple header or Zaidu that allow Kessie that header didn't cost us....or Ekong that allows the striker Haller to get between him and the ball has no blame....

Or the useless Iwobi that was irrelevant and was just juggling, lazily around on the pitch before being hauled off at 60+ mins is not being roasted on X right now? Whether he plays or not is not the issues here it's Peseiro, he keeps playing Uzoho despite Nigerians complians until NFF calls him to order...he never dropped even Zaidu despite his abysmal performances... Now I know you probably watch their matches on NL..

You are probably new to Football...the bitter shamed tribalist says " he plays or not' even poor Uzoho, Zaidu plays for our clueless Coach...... Yeyenatu oshi!!!
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by rainluv: 9:33am On Feb 12
MSGAMBLE9:

You are probably new to Football...the bitter shamed tribalist says " he plays or not' even poor Uzoho, Zaidu plays for our clueless Coach...... Yeyenatu oshi!!!

This sifia pain you are feeling caused you to quote me twice?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Yen yen yen yen 😏
The good for nothing aina let Andringas outplay him twice!! Not once but twice!!😏
It was his position they used to score those two goals.., very open and empty!
It's the Coach I blame for not substituting the idiot! They studied us well and knew his route was the leak... weakest and most useless link we had on the Field

He should better quit and go mine skullsπŸ˜‚
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by MSGAMBLE9: 9:47am On Feb 12
rainluv:

Yen yen yen yen 😏
The good for nothing aina let Andringas outplay him twice!! Not once but twice!!😏
It's the Coach I blame for not substituting the idiot! They studied us well and knew his route was the leak... weakest and most useless link we had on the Field

the dingbat said I qouted him twice, you must be a baby if you don't by now knows that workings of NG network....

The Coach won't removed him cos he is one of the team best player unlike your useless Bloda Iwobi that he kept removing after 60 mins of abysmal performances and inactivity.... the inexperience of his fellow Bloda like Nwabili cost us the equalizer...

Aina can't mined skull cos he is a British citizen unlike your blodas who are resident of prisons and correctional facilities from India to Malaysia to Indonesia to Suadi awaiting to be Executed for Drug trafficking....

My bloda from white powder producing and exporting region a.k.a Southern ghetto ( UNDP) wan do banter...

A shamed tribalist....Yeyenatu oshi!!!!
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Dsimmer: 10:34am On Feb 12
rainluv:

Yen yen yen yen 😏

You should keep quiet!

First goal was scored through a corner kick. Or you don't know what a corner kick means?πŸ€” It was the defence from the left side who fell apart for Kessie goal after a cross was delivered from a corner kick set piece.

As a matter of fact, Aina has been one of the best players in the tournament. He was part of the reason why Nigeria defence became better from the shambles before the tournament. In yesterday match, the midfield hardly dominated possession nor helped out the defence while leaving Ivory to control the play and constantly freeing their wingers which put a lot of pressure on Nigeria defence. The wing attacker in front of Aina did nothing to help out to defend while Aina kept defending alone yet he ensured he limited Andriga to only crossing in the few times Andriga beat him for speed. It was the central defence, Ekong who fell apart for Haller's goal.

First Ivory goal was scored through a set piece corner kick cross while the defence fell apart too.
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by rainluv: 10:58am On Feb 12
MSGAMBLE9:
the dingbat said I qouted him twice, you must be a baby if you don't by now knows that workings of NG network....

The Coach won't removed him cos he is one of the team best player unlike your useless Bloda Iwobi that he kept removing after 60 mins of abysmal performances and inactivity.... the inexperience of his fellow Bloda like Nwabili cost us the equalizer...

Aina can't mined skull cos he is a British citizen unlike your blodas who are resident of prisons and correctional facilities from India to Malaysia to Indonesia to Suadi awaiting to be Executed for Drug trafficking....

My bloda from white powder producing and exporting region a.k.a Southern ghetto ( UNDP) wan do banter...

A shamed tribalist....Yeyenatu oshi!!!!

See epistlesπŸ˜‚
Who will read this gibberish?πŸ€”
It's like brain dey pain you.....,we Nigerians knows who caused us our win and it's no one else but Ola Aina!!!!
Yes!! Same one that threw away his penalty chance if not for my beloved seniorman

Hug transformer ewu ohia
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by rainluv: 11:00am On Feb 12
Dsimmer:

You should keep quiet!

First goal was scored through a corner kick. Or you don't know what a corner kick means?πŸ€” It was the defence from the left side who fell apart for Kessie goal after a cross was delivered from a corner kick set piece.

As a matter of fact, Aina has been one of the best players in the tournament. He was part of the reason why Nigeria defence became better from the shambles before the tournament. In yesterday match, the midfield hardly dominated possession nor helped out the defence while leaving Ivory to control the play and constantly freeing their wingers which put a lot of pressure on Nigeria defence. The wing attacker in front of Aina did nothing to help out to defend while Aina kept defending alone yet he ensured he limited Andriga to only crossing in the few times Andriga beat him for speed. It was the central defence, Ekong who fell apart for Haller's goal.

First Ivory goal was scored through a set piece corner kick cross while the defence fell apart too.

wetin musa no go see for gate
wetin aina no go see for superstar Andringas play

Hehehe πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Who is this nitwit? Does this cretin even deserve my attention?πŸ€”
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by Dsimmer: 11:05am On Feb 12
rainluv:

wetin musa no go see for gate
wetin aina no go see for superstar Andringas play

Hehehe πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Who is this nitwit? Does this cretin even deserve my attention?πŸ€”

Aren't you the cretin who doesn't know what a corner kick means? πŸ€”
Re: AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran by rainluv: 11:09am On Feb 12
I don't go about engaging every simpleton undecided
My attention is too expensive to seek

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pundits: See How Rio Ferdinand And Glenn Hoddle Reacted To Tottenham Win(video) / Anthony Joshua Congratulates Usyk, Apologizes For His Unruly Act / The True Meaning Of "December 26th" Boxing Day - Why Is It Called Boxing Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.