Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West (57863 Views)

3 More Aisha Buhari Critics Arrested By Police / Reps’ Bill Seeks 10-Year-Jail Sentence For Disclosure Of Security Agents’ ID / Senate Seeks The Repatriation Of Ogun Refugees In Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by gaddafe(m): 3:19pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:
They still need two thirds in senate, states houses of representative and so forth

And they need to somehow show the states would be viable. In my opinion they won't because nigerians hate taxes

They might get the two third for senate. It is when they get to state houses that issues will arise.
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by siant: 3:19pm On Feb 13
fasbat:
Any state proposals without IBADAN STATE is stupid and nauseating, IBADAN is the only headquarters of the former Regions without being named STATE, KADUNA FOR NORTHERN REGION, ENUGU FOR EASTERN REGION, IBADAN FOR WESTERN REGION,SO IBADAN IS OVER DUE FOR A STATE
Is what you are agitating for is the name Ibadan state? That's easy nah. Abi you want Ibadan city alone, without any other town and village to be a state.
Is Kaduna city alone is what made up of Kaduna state? Or Enugu alone is Enugu state? Even Lagos city alone is not what made up of Lagos state.
These Ibadan people sef.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by porthouse7(f): 3:20pm On Feb 13
Depriest2020:
Who introduced the bill?
reading is ur problem
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by Zico5(m): 3:20pm On Feb 13
farem:
I don't think we need more states now. Why is it that the bill is silent on the proposed capital for Ife-ijesa state?
The capital will surely go to Ile-Ife. That's sure. Ife is the head in that area.
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by harmargedon: 3:20pm On Feb 13
forgiveness:
It's a masterstroke if it eventually becomes fruitful.

Don't ask me why? You should know if you're conversant with the politics of the day. grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by Kukutenla: 3:21pm On Feb 13
Cheap populism. The bill is dead on arrival and is a cheap attempt to camouflage as a Yoruba patriot.
The most laughable aspect of the bill is to seek to make Iseyin capital and put Ogbomoso under the Oke Ogun state
How will that work exactly?

3 Likes

Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by Johnken1234: 3:22pm On Feb 13
People are dying of hunger, some committing suicide and some selling their children to feed while our lawmakers are talking about creation of new states.

Sometimes I wonder the crop of politicians we have, once they ok and their family ordinary Nigerians can go to hell.

Oga Senator, is creation of new States our problem I asked again? Where is your concience?
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by harmargedon: 3:22pm On Feb 13
IrepChrist:
I dont see a direct impact of this bill on the current economic hardship. Fix insecurity and build and healthy business environment. STOP corruption.
it's political
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by nairalanda1(m): 3:22pm On Feb 13
gaddafe:

They might get the two third for senate. It is when they get to state houses that issues will arise.

Exactly. State creation was deliberately made too hard in the Constitution.
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by viodemus: 3:23pm On Feb 13
Rubbish.

I pray the igbos don't fall for this trap.
If I had my way, I will make all igbo areas one great state. Build interconnecting infrastructures, and fuse everyone together.

Instead of them to focus on economics creativity, useless leaders are focused on how to suck more life out of the treasury.

As at nations cup, Nigeria went to go corporate the name, generator republic. A very useless name. Now, every nigerian of all regions is generator ear polluting republic.
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by gaby(m): 3:23pm On Feb 13
I read until the second page of this thread and wasn't disappointed as usual.

Not one commenter could appropriately point out one of the "political" angles to this bill.

As I've pointed out here on several occasions, Tinubu could care less if Nigeria disintegrates and is on a mission to play catch up with the North in terms of looting and cornering whatever is left of the commonwealth for his region to help them have a good head start just in case.

These pseudo-new states are another pointer to this fact because they'll be getting their share of everything from the center, particularly the monthly Federal allocation which will mean a decrease in the allocation to most of the current states.

Let's see how this will go.
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by MOTIONTECH(m): 3:24pm On Feb 13
Unnecessary, Texas is bigger than Nigeria and has only 1 governor, incompetence want to kill our leaders

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by Perewenkle1: 3:24pm On Feb 13
The West have come together to create more states out of six current states, the North will soon follow for two more states, please, our Rivers State people should come together and create Riverine state (Degema, Akuku Toru, Asari Toru, Bonny, Ogu Bolo and Opobo local government and Orashi (Abua-Odual, Ahoada East and Ahoada West, Andoni, Ogba-Egbema local governments

We produce the wealth while others eat it, state creation is the way to collect more federal money and bring the government closer to the people.
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by jetwonder(m): 3:25pm On Feb 13
grin grin
Scrap this shit now!
NO MORE CREATIONS OF ANY STATE
the 36 state you cannot manage.
Una want add more problems.
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by Asswipemod: 3:25pm On Feb 13
Melagros:
COMRADES This bill should not see the light of the day, just add one state to the south east so as to equate the remaining regions

Instead of leaning on the neck of your representatives to also do something for your region, you're advocating for bitter opposition and obstruction. Do you see why Yorubas cannot trust Igbos and why Hoebee can never be president?
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by Asswipemod: 3:27pm On Feb 13
Maazieze:
And they cant be bothered making anioma state or southern kaduna? moronic senate

You want fed Rep members from the SW to be advocating for creating states in the Northwest and SS? Are you this unsmart? Don't those places have reps too? Do you even understand how this works?
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by Teenaira: 3:31pm On Feb 13
When, when are they going to introduce a bill to merge all the unviable states ?
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by forgiveness: 3:33pm On Feb 13
Ibrahimmrfish:
And you think all the northern senator will allow this to happen.

Of course!!! They will also benefit. Na game. Before I scratch your back, scratch mine first.

After this, we shall increase the states in the North. Na game plan. grin
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by PortHarcourtcit(m): 3:37pm On Feb 13
Maazieze:
And they cant be bothered making anioma state or southern kaduna? moronic senate
please where is anioma
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by forgiveness: 3:38pm On Feb 13
HopeGying:
Southern Kadunans and other middle belters deserve the creation of states more against this perennial lugardian contraption.

The next agenda after this.
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by maestro299: 3:39pm On Feb 13
Dancebreaker:

We need about 8 regions plus FCT:

SE, SW, Lagos, Bendel, ND, Middle Belt, NE, NC, FCT.

Abolish states. Only Regions and Local Councils.

President, Regional Premiers and Local Council Mayors/Chairmen.

Then a unicameral NASS. Salary pegged at level of University professor at most. And another 100% as allowance/bonus.

With regional police and resource control. 30% of resource earnings go to the centre/FG.

For the First 10 years, 5% of IGR from better off regions will be contributed into a pool of money to support the less well off regions.

Call it solidarity premium. Rigging to be president and massive central corruption will reduce.

I like this, especially that resource control part. Make everybody answer their papa name.

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:40pm On Feb 13
Thats a stupid Bill.
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by Ezmans: 3:40pm On Feb 13
Unclebayo:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/fresh-bill-seeks-creation-of-three-states/%3famp

36 states never see food chop, them wan still create another state.
dead on arrival
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by emonis88: 3:41pm On Feb 13
If it is the north now , they il make the loudest noise, u see y politicians are the main problem of Nigeria. Nigerians r hungry, u r diverting their attention with tribal ,political moves, il this solve the current problems on ground.
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by Idaytesj29(m): 3:43pm On Feb 13
Unclebayo:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/fresh-bill-seeks-creation-of-three-states/%3famp

36 states never see food chop, them wan still create another state.

Where is Ibadan State there? All these law makers from Ibadan sef.
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by Putinofrussia: 3:44pm On Feb 13
Melagros:
COMRADES This bill should not see the light of the day, just add one state to the south east so as to equate the remaining regions
I support you on this.
SE should have one more state.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by Eriokanmi: 3:45pm On Feb 13
Ogun is pretty too small to be split, osun too. I support splitting of oyo into 3 states with ibadan standing alone as a state. It's pretty big a state
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by Successlane: 3:49pm On Feb 13
Maazieze:

Why should they be bothered?

The lawmakers from those area should make their own cases.

It's a free world
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by forgiveness: 3:50pm On Feb 13
This will create development in those cities.

For example, Previous governors of Ogun state focused development in only Abeokuta and environment. Neglecting the other places.

Ijebu Ode being the capital is a very good idea. That will elevate the people of Ijebus to develop their state. Kudos.
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by debossng: 3:52pm On Feb 13
Everybody wants opportunity to become Governor, Senator, Reps, LGA Chairman. That's all that matters to politicians even if those so called states aren't viable at all
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by Bimpe29: 3:53pm On Feb 13
Will the see the light of the day based on principle of equality, justice and fairness?
Re: Fresh Bill Seeks The Creation Of 3 More States In The South-West by arantess: 3:54pm On Feb 13
forgiveness:
It's a masterstroke if it eventually becomes fruitful.

Don't ask me why? You should know if you're conversant with the politics of the day. grin
Master stroke for the masses or the politicians?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Classic 1974 Cartoon That Shows Nigeria Has Not 'changed' / The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos / This Is What Nigerian Politicians Do During Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.