Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Your Secondary School And University? - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Your Secondary School And University? (54681 Views)

Who Does This Teacher Represent During Your Secondary Sch Days? / Name The Most Dreaded Student/ Thug During Your Secondary School Days.... / Rep Your Secondary School! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Secondary School And University? by otolorin(m): 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2006
anugirl
wat set did u finish with at ifako int'l,
was dere too
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by otolorin(m): 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2006
hey motla.
my sis was at ipetumodu, wat set did u leave?
gat a bro in C U at d moment, elect-elect, 300
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by spikedcylinder: 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2006
@yemstar,it would be cool to chat.I use yahoo messanger and my Id is the same as the one on here. smiley
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by Bhola(f): 12:29pm On Apr 28, 2006
hey gentleone, got my mail?
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by gentleone(f): 12:32pm On Apr 28, 2006
Bhola:

hey gentleone, got my mail?
not yet,wc addy did u use?
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by Bhola(f): 12:35pm On Apr 28, 2006
lovezone4real@yahoo.com. got msgr?
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by gentleone(f): 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2006
Bhola:

lovezone4real@yahoo.com. anyways, mine is beesee12@yahoo.com. got msgr?
ok, i'll add u now
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by debbieolat(f): 2:42pm On May 02, 2006
Anybody attended Afrograms or Army Command, Abeokuta?
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by oghos2k(m): 8:38pm On May 02, 2006
should bowen be regarded as a university?
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by otolorin(m): 8:44am On May 03, 2006
oghos2k:

should bowen be regarded as a university?
what on earth is that supposed to mean?
how come bowen got all its courses accredited by the NUC during the last series of accreditation exercises, covenant uni, also a private uni was rated the overall best in the whole nation durin this exercise. what were the stand of schools like uniben? d likes of U.I, O.A .U, n some other uni's of oghobahase's choice that got some of their courses dissapproved?.
lets forget the exalted names of these unis and lets face reality.
law, medicine n other major courses for that matter.
i dont no of uniben but i'm sure they've got some courses-in-jeopardy as well
why cant you pple watch and see what bcomes of this new universities, the private ones in particular.
i strongly belive these new universities, most especially bowen, have got wat it takes and they need time to prove themselves rite, as well as our support, not our condemnation to grow.
these are our universities, our future, the nigeria-building institutions, lets support them.
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by kilo4uall(m): 10:28am On May 03, 2006
am in Bowen University in IWo
Osun State cheesy kiss
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by kilo4uall(m): 10:30am On May 03, 2006
mind you am in Bowen University, I think u better read Otolorin And get it into ur head.
shocked
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by oghos2k(m): 6:41pm On May 03, 2006
Uniben wasnt affected by NUC.and for your information, Uniben's Library was rated the best in the whole of Nigerian schools.Just to tell how equipped we are.Besides, why OAU was affected isnt because of infrastructure or lecturers .It was basically politics if you must know.My uncle was one the professors that did the evaluation.Why i wonder if Bowen should be regarded as a University is because of the life the students live there.It's such a wreck. You can't live like a normal university student. You always constrained by all those stupid laws and jack head securities.There are some type of clothings you can't bring into the school like a few type of jeans.i Think a University should be a free world where you can decide to be either good or bad on your own.not someone forcingyou tobe Good.You know when you get forced to be good at a period of time, when you get a little freedom, you're definitely bound to misuse it.And also as regards NUC, i have a friend in Bowen who's studying comp. Sci. ordinary fortran, you guys have no lecturer for the course. he said a lecturer has to come from OAU before they can take the course. really bad for your school. thats the course i know of. how much more course there are without lecturers in Bowen. Rily bad for your school.
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by otolorin(m): 10:00am On May 04, 2006
oghos2k:

Uniben wasnt affected by NUC.and for your information, Uniben's Library was rated the best in the whole of Nigerian schools.Just to tell how equipped we are.Besides, why OAU was affected isnt because of infrastructure or lecturers .It was basically politics if you must know.My uncle was one the professors that did the evaluation.Why i wonder if Bowen should be regarded as a University is because of the life the students live there.It's such a wreck. You can't live like a normal university student. You always constrained by all those stupid laws and jack head securities.There are some type of clothings you can't bring into the school like a few type of jeans.i Think a University should be a free world where you can decide to be either good or bad on your own.not someone forcingyou tobe Good.You know when you get forced to be good at a period of time, when you get a little freedom, you're definitely bound to misuse it.And also as regards NUC, i have a friend in Bowen who's studying comp. Sci. ordinary fortran, you guys have no lecturer for the course. he said a lecturer has to come from OAU before they can take the course. really bad for your school. thats the course i know of. how much more course there are without lecturers in Bowen. Rily bad for your school.
ok dear, if that is the direction u heading, here's some news for you

nobody, nobody i repeat is forced into any university, if you don't like what they do at bowen, den GO AWAY.

For your info, dear,
before anyone is admitted into this prestigious uni, )prestigios in the sence that  they are raising high the standard of moral discipline in the lives of their students) they, i mean the prospective studentas are served with a handbook of the university, containing all the rules and regulation of the school.
if you don't like their rules and standard, for God's sake it is not compulsory you come.

there are a thousand and 1 state n federal uni's that'll allow you dress the way you like and live the life you want, so enrol into those schools and live the life you want.

i don't think there should be any problem with these as it is obvious that the said bowen university is not for everyone as not everyone can comply with their level of discipline.

afterall, you're enjoying your uniben, where you can live life as you want., and we are enjoyin bowen, where we're helped to live life as it should be lived - in moral discipline.

peace.
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by otolorin(m): 10:14am On May 04, 2006
as for the fortran course, and some other courses in the university to be frank with you is true, but here is the actual thing

bowen university, as you know is a new school and cannot have all necessary facilities. even your uniben cannot boast of havin all courses as fit., there are some that have no lecturers as well or probably inadequate practical facilities. i'm sure you wont deny that except you want to be untrue to yourself and all on this thread.

what is being done in the case of bowen university is bringing in visitin lecturers from other universities to take this courses in question, this is done everywhere and it is acceptble.
we have lecturers that come from other universities that come and take us courses and they get paid, they even commend the academic status of this new university.
let me tell you thay in my sophomore year, i took a course that was lectured one Dr. Ayeni from O.A.U, and he told us that that particular course is being currently taken by the 400L std of his department., what do u wanna say to that?
on gettin to my penultimate year, i was lectured by the H.O.D of Comp Sci from O.A.U! wat d'u wanna say to that?
i think what you need to do, dear, is to support this universities, they are really trying. i accept that all things cannot be rite with them, but chastisin these schools wont help, they need your commendation and support to grow.

Oghobahase, ( i call u dat cos i used to have a high sch pal by that name n i fondly call her oghos) i hope you dont misconcept all i have said but accept them in good-spirit.
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by neyonx02(m): 12:35pm On May 04, 2006
stumbled across this site.

presently: Bowen University
formally: Olivet Baptist High School
formally, formally: 1004 Primary School (1004! not the school fees nor the number of students there! grin)
formally, formally, formally: Home Schooled. grin
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by neyonx02(m): 12:37pm On May 04, 2006
Instantly: On Industrial Training in Abuja. 300L comp sci.
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by vickky(f): 6:39pm On May 04, 2006
hi, nice to be here,
primary school, akinsemoyin primary school off bodethomas lagos

secondary school, Apata memorial high school, isolo

University,University of lagos ,greatest akokaite

postgraduate, london college,uck,nottingham gates
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by oghos2k(m): 7:53pm On May 04, 2006
well, otolorin, i think you've tried to defend yourself enough for your school. I commend you. As per admission in your school. I believe not everyone in your school to include you except you wanna lie had wanted to attend aprivate university. if not for UME thats not making things work out well for you or you probably dont want to FACE THE wrath of JAMB lol. anyway, i still believe you wouldnt want to go to a missionary sch if not for condition.
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by roflmao: 8:47pm On May 04, 2006
Secondary: Babylonia Military High, Baghdad, Iraq
University: Al- Qaeda Training Ground, Kabul, Afghanistan
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by mukina2: 8:50pm On May 04, 2006
: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
do u know were osama pls tell me,
so i go join him grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by sexyncool(f): 12:02am On May 05, 2006
i was wondering myself grin grin
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by otolorin(m): 8:54am On May 05, 2006
oghos2k:

well, otolorin, i think you've tried to defend yourself enough for your school. I commend you. As per admission in your school. I believe not everyone in your school to include you except you want to lie had wanted to attend aprivate university. if not for UME thats not making things work out well for you or you probably don't want to FACE THE wrath of JAMB lol. anyway, i still believe you wouldnt want to go to a missionary sch if not for condition.
yeah dear, i never wanted to go to a private uni as at when i left sec sch
but i'm in it now, n i love wats goin on in there,
now, sicerely yours dear, i don't think i would av loved to be anywhere else.
its a whole lot of fun in there.
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by roflmao: 9:26am On May 05, 2006
mukina2:

: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
do u know were osama please tell me,
so i go join him grin grin grin grin grin grin
No. I haven't met him yet. I'm currently in 300 level studying Global Terrorism and I'm on Industrial Training with the Hamas Fatah Militant Movement in Palestine till September before returning to Afghanistan for my final year.

I'm aiming for a 1st or 2:1 at least because only students with good results get to meet Osama as part of their graduation ceremony. Feel where I'm coming from? wink
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by otolorin(m): 9:27am On May 05, 2006
rof-lmao:

No. I haven't met him yet. I'm currently in 300 level studying Global Terrorism and I'm on Industrial Training with the Hamas Fatah Militant Movement in Palestine till September before returning to Afghanistan for my final year.

I'm aiming for a 1st or 2:1 at least because only students with good results get to meet Osama as part of their graduation ceremony. Feel where I'm coming from? wink
man, i feel your pains man
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by gentleone(f): 11:23am On May 05, 2006
rof-lmao:

:ohelp!!!! terrorists have invaded nairaland tongue
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by Zahymaka(m): 1:59am On May 06, 2006
Secondary School: Federal Government Academy, Suleja, Niger State.

University: Mountain State University, Beckley, WV, USA.
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by bluenubian(f): 8:59am On May 06, 2006
federal government girls college oyo, class of 1999
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 06, 2006
sup greatest uites i graduated last year and i am presently serving in lagos to passout by jan 2006.pinky may be i knw u i use to be a very good visitor of comp sc i finished from maths.anyway any command day secondary skol ikeja grad ere 1999 set holla me this is femi onanuga.
peace
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 06, 2006
sup greatest uites i graduated last year and i am presently serving in lagos to passout by jan 2006.pinky may be i knw u i use to be a very good visitor of comp sc i finished from maths.anyway any command day secondary skol ikeja grad ere 1999 set holla me this is femi onanuga.
peace
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by xdos(m): 8:15pm On May 06, 2006
Mine are
Starlight nursery/primary school (cant remember the actual location in Lagos)
Elshadai nursery/primary school (cant also remember but in Lagos)
Airforce nursery/primary school Enugu
Uwani Secondary school Enugu
Government college Umuahia (GCU)
Command Day seconary school, Enugu (CDSSE)
Currently in Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) studin Elect/Elect.
Re: Your Secondary School And University? by Amakah(f): 11:39pm On May 06, 2006
i attended st louis school mokola,ibadan and i'm in the best university in this country - the university of ibadan

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply)

Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 / Ogun State Provides Chairs, Desks For St Kizito High School After Viral Pictures / University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.