Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! (2648 Views)

Christian And Muslim,your Prayers Are Useless / Opinion Pls My Friend Falls And Shakes Anytime She Prays / A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by diyobdw(f): 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2007
I realize that i have become very tolerant to comments that would have made me slice people into with swords angry!
I used to be very blunt and sharp with this kind of matter.

Comment like : "Oh! so you are a Muslim, you don't look like them, let me invite you to our CHURCH PROGRAMME it doesn't matter", sad you can come you would enjoy it! tongue

I don't know, if anyone else is faced with this same issue but i have noticed that i get this comment alot from those who just found out that am a Muslim!
Even though i find this very insulting (because it like u think am dumb to choose my faith @ my age and you are here to my rescue), i try to be diplomatic and say things like "no thanks" or joking "may be after you go to Jumat with me".

But for real i am beginning to think someone or some people somewhere are dishing this lines to some freaky "am a xtian" folks.

Please whats your opinion on this or if you are guilty of the act what do u think?
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by mukina2: 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2007
Same here Diyo angry

Why can't people  leave us be

How are muslims supposed to look like?

aint we humans too?

Problem is there is this stereotype , that muslims should  look like devils with guns and bombs angry
Stay in your religion and leave us in ours .

I was visitin a christian pal some months back and  towards evening, they had this fellowship, i excused  myself and her Uncle started out , telling me about devils and evil , and  stuff like " you are too gentle to be brainwashed by those Imams" i was so angry i  almost told him off, but i kept my cool , smiled and left  angry
why can't people let others practice their religion in peace
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by pilgrim1(f): 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2007
I really don't see the basis of complaints like these.

Either way, people will ask questions based on how you present yourself - whether in dress codes or customs. I've been asked many times by total strangers if I was a "Christian", though I should say I'm fortunate that those who have asked me did not mean to offend my sensibilities.

Is this complaint more about the question, or it is merely a front for something else that is unexpressed?
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by Iman3(m): 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2007
In a world where people are killed because of their religious affiliations,someone is complaining about something so trivial.

Its like a person complaining about how stressfull it is to be a multi-millionaire.Thank God nobody threatens your life because of religion. . . . .many people around the world are going through far worse things.
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by mrpataki(m): 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2007
diyobdw:

I realize that i have become very tolerant to comments that would have made me slice people into with swords

mukina2:

why can't people let others practice their religion in peace

The author of this thread thought in her to slice people for passing a comment on her religion. You Mukinatu come here to give us another of your error embedded stories.

When a lady begins to conceive the fact that she wants to slice people up with swords, just in the name of religion in the modern day we are living, tell me where is the religion of peace abiding. A religion of Piss indeed!

As a man thinketh in his heart so is he.
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by mukina2: 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2007
Pataki what now

Must you always quote me?

I post what i feel like ok?

If my story is full of errors please ignore it and move on
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by mrpataki(m): 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2007
mukina2:

Pataki what now

Must you always quote me?

I post what i feel like ok?

If my story is full of errors please ignore it and move on

Excuse me,

This is a forum, if you dont want your views to be talked on, dont post then! All this brigande and tirade of cyber emotions don't rock my boats in holding the truth as I view it.

Next time, think it thorough before you put it on the internet.
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by mukina2: 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2007
Pataki you should tell urself that

my post was in no way refered to you
you chose to comment on it
truths or lies . you beleive in your views i beleive in mine wink
Like i told you on that other post .this is ramadan and it must be kept holy . .carry on and dissect, tangle and untangle the posts . Mukina is not bothered wink

Ma Salaam
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by mrpataki(m): 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2007
mukina2:

Pataki you should tell yourself that

my post was in no way refered to you
you chose to comment on it
truths or lies . you beleive in your views i beleive in mine wink
Like i told you on that other post .this is ramadan and it must be kept holy . .carry on and dissect, tangle and untangle the posts . Mukina is not bothered wink

Ma Salaam

While my post was directly referred to you, you had the cyber right of ignoring it. Trying to paint it all black and white speaks low as to comprehension of posting on a forum.

Many Blessings on your fastings.
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by cgift(m): 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2007
Fasting What is the import?
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 19, 2007
I dont even know what to make of this thread. Is it a complaint, a statement or a question?

Methinks the author and other deluded muslims should be grateful that those who ask them such "innocent" questions dont kidnap them and force them to convert to christianity on the pain of death like their "peaceful" religion does.

Just last week Osama Bn Laden was quoted as saying the only way Americans can avoid destruction is if they convert to Islam, Imams in Sokoto now kidnap children of christians and force them to convert to islam, 23 innocent SouthKoreans were abducted in Afghanistan and forced to convert to islam after murdering 2, dont lets even talk about the fate of those who dare leave the religion of peace.

. . . and someone is here mooning about a mere statement! Such hypocrisy.
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by pilgrim1(f): 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2007
Make una wait first. There's this thing that has always amazed me:

Muslims have a holy month out of the 12 calendar months of a year. That special month is highlighted by Ramadan - and every Muslim is expected to keep himself and herself "holy" throughout that period with fasting and goodwill.

Now, for the rest of the year - 11 months full circle - what happens to the thought of "holines and goodwill"? What is preventing a life of holiness and goodwill for 11 months out of 12? undecided
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by diyobdw(f): 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2007
Oops sori have been away 4 too long

mrpataki:

When a lady begins to conceive the fact that she wants to slice people up with swords, just in the name of religion in the modern day we are living, tell me where is the religion of peace abiding. A religion of Piss indeed!

As a man thinketh in his heart so is he.

Hey am a factual person and i slice people up with swords because and a creative writer! not because of my religion so guessu r rit As a man thinketh in his heart so is he.. Islam is what it is not matter your perception of it. It defends itself so am cool

davidylan:

I don't even know what to make of this thread. Is it a complaint, a statement or a question?

Methinks the author and other deluded muslims should be grateful that those who ask them such "innocent" questions don't kidnap them and force them to convert to christianity on the pain of death like their "peaceful" religion does.

blablabla,
knowing who is talking, i walk away , grin

Back to the topic please!!!!!!

those who know better, feel hurt or have a any reason to pass such comment do add you comment,
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2007
diyobdw:

Hey am a factual person and i slice people up with swords because and a creative writer! not because of my religion so guessu r rit

I presented facts, but like the typical muslim you consciously strove to avoid them while hiding under the banner of "knowing who is talking, i walk away.

diyobdw:

As a man thinketh in his heart so is he..

That is not a generic saying but a quote taken directly from the bible. I find it strange that muslims whine about their love for their religion and yet are not averse to constantly borrowing from a religion they claim to be false and a book they claim to be corrupted.

diyobdw:

Islam is what it is not matter your perception of it. It defends itself so am cool

If islam truly defends itself i'd expect that you borrow most of your quotes it.

diyobdw:

knowing who is talking, i walk away , grin

Better do. I'd be waiting to expose your hypocrisy.
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by cgift(m): 11:00am On Sep 26, 2007
Muslims should seek salvation in Christ.

At least their prophet mohammad has said amongst so many things that :1.) He dos not know where his miserable life was going (i mean afterlife) alongside that of his followers - but Jesus said unequivocally that I am the Way, Truth , and the Life, nd of his followrs he said he goes to prepare a place for us. (John 14)
2.) That a true muslim should honour Jesus Christ as a true prophet of God. Thank God we have the story of the immaculate birth in the Quran
3.) It is on record that Jesus was a good man (never violent) and Mohammad was a warrior (who kuilld, maimed, and shared spoils of war.
4.) He was given to sensualities - so he was just an ordinary fleshly man - he married (even an 8 yr old) but Jesus never did. You cant deny that.
5.) Jesus performed countless miracles - Mohammed none!
6.) Jesus said too many categorical, unshrouded, direct statments about Himself and the Almighty God, Mohammed dos have a clue about th attriutes of allah, his adopted god! In xtianity we know that God loves us, cares for us, dwelss in us and so on but their 'allah' is too big that he cannot come down to live in the muslims,

Cant you see for yourselves?

In this genration where the world is clamouring for peace, muslims believe when they get to a new land that is not theirs yet (they call it land of WAR), they should multiply rapidly by birth and marryong 4 wives so that they can grow and fill that land. If they now can match the original inhabitants in number, they should declare a jihad aimed at converting the land into land of ISLAM!

Thats why USA is digging their grave with the lotteries and admission of muslims. That principle of multiplying in new lands to take it over in the course of time is in their minds. Becuase of the teachings they push down their oesophagus, I for one will never tak a muslim as a tenant bcause of the spirit of violence that lives in them. Not because i hate their persons, i detest their actions. They are unpredictable - your muslim friend can turn out to dig your grave in times of upheavals. Ask those who ever livd in the north during those crises.
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by diyobdw(f): 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2007
You i keep remembering the fact that satan has be granted the grace to tempt humans and gather as much followers as he can.

am not falling for that.
tongue

i cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy and still take a stroll,
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by cgift(m): 3:17pm On Sep 26, 2007
diyobdw:

You i keep remembering the fact that satan has be granted the grace to tempt humans and gather as much followers as he can.

am not falling for that.
tongue

i cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy and still take a stroll,

yea! just like the fraud he put together and called Quran is still deceiving you people today grin
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by fuzek: 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2007
cgift:

yea! just like the fraud he put together and called Quran is still deceiving you people today grin

Very Interesting tongue wink grin
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by cgift(m): 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2007
thes guys are just wasting their time worshipping a moon god and honouring a man who is lower than them in morales! shocked
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by mukina2: 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2007
@diyobdw

seems like people are finding a way to start the islamic bashing thing grin cheesy

how's the Ramadan coming . we have 12 days today cheesy
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2007
diyobdw:

am not falling for that.

You dear ma, are a fraud! Where in the quran did allah claim to have given satan the "grace" to tempt humans and gather followers? In fact that is a biblical fact that God mentioned CLEARLY several times in the bible and we already have an example in the book of Job and also when God allowed a lying spirit to go decieve the prophets of baal.

This islamic habit of borrowing heavily from the bible to fill up the gaps in their fraud of a religion should be clear evidence to anyone confused that islam is not from the one true God.
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by cgift(m): 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2007
davidylan:

This islamic habit of borrowing heavily from the bible to fill up the gaps in their fraud of a religion should be clear evidence to anyone confused that islam is not from the one true God.

Is their quran not lacking in substance?
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by mukina2: 4:13pm On Sep 26, 2007
I wonder where in her post, she said she took that from the Quran undecided
didnt u read what she posted?
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by jaybee3(m): 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2007
It saddens me to see that in this day of age, people are still fighting over which religion is superior to the other.
Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Scientology etc are all ways of getting through to God. Religion should be a way for people to achieve ones salvation no matter how you get their.
An idea will be for people to give room and chance to understand each others religion (Don't mean forcefully convert or whatsoever).
Views that all Muslims are devilish or following less-favourable ways is generally deemed as generalisation or better still madly incorrect. I live in a diverse society whereby all religions are supported and people with different faiths live in harmony. This my brothers and sisters should be the way forward. At the end of the day we are all God creation making us human beings which in turn mean we should discriminate either through religion race or ethnicity.
Fair enough we have some fanatics but it is certainly the same all through each faith.
Happy Ramadan to all those fasting
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by pilgrim1(f): 4:45pm On Sep 26, 2007
jay bee:

It saddens me to see that in this day of age, people are still fighting over which religion is superior to the other.
Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Scientology etc are all ways of getting through to God. Religion should be a way for people to achieve ones salvation no matter how you get their.
An idea will be for people to give room and chance to understand each others religion (Don't mean forcefully convert or whatsoever).
Views that all Muslims are devilish or following less-favourable ways is generally deemed as generalisation or better still madly incorrect. I live in a diverse society whereby all religions are supported and people with different faiths live in harmony. This my brothers and sisters should be the way forward. At the end of the day we are all God creation making us human beings which in turn mean we should discriminate either through religion race or ethnicity.
Fair enough we have some fanatics but it is certainly the same all through each faith.

Hi @jay bee,

Do you really live in a diverse society whereby all religions are supported and people of different faiths live in harmony? ENGLAND? Please sample the following:

Now, take a deep breath and and reflect on just three things:

(a) where were these placards displayed?

(b) what did the Police do to those who openly displayed them?

(c) how would the Police have reacted if these placards were displayed by CHRISTIANS?
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by jaybee3(m): 4:56pm On Sep 26, 2007
I totally agree with you but one thing to remember is that no matter one's religion or faith, there would always be people with fanatical ideology or reasoning to things.

I stress once again, some people have fanatical ideas. i was actually close (i work in the city not far from liver-pool street bombs and was close to kings cross bombing as i was at a conference on the day) the July 7/7 bombings in London by the so called Muslims (They are fanatics as their actions doesn't necessarily mean all Muslims support them, I am a Muslim and i think it was a crime against humanity). Sadly, a colleague of mine at work (Christian) got caught up in the Melly but that didn't stop all the staff at my organisation to start in-fighting or better still start hate campaign against Muslims.
Infact people have spent time undertanding why some (very small) Muslims choose such barbaric route.

Nothing justifies actions but believe me teachings in Islam is all about peace, loving ones neighbour as oneself and most importantly appreciating basic humanity.
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by pilgrim1(f): 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2007
@jay bee,

jay bee:

I totally agree with you but one thing to remember is that no matter one's religion or faith, there would always be people with fanatical ideology or reasoning to things.

Granted.

jay bee:

I stress once again, some people have fanatical ideas. i was actually close (i work in the city not far from liver-pool street bombs and was close to kings cross bombing as i was at a conference on the day) the July 7/7 bombings in London by the so called Muslims

Well, I thank God that you didn't get caught up in the smoke. I was away from the scene only a day before (July 6) and for some reason could not get back to my work location due to some delays in my travel arrangements.

jay bee:

(They are fanatics as their actions doesn't necessarily mean all Muslims support them, I am a Muslim and i think it was a crime against humanity). Sadly, a colleague of mine at work (Christian) got caught up in the Melly but that didn't stop all the staff at my organisation to start in-fighting or better still start hate campaign against Muslims.
Infact people have spent time undertanding why some (very small) Muslims choose such barbaric route.

Okay, I concede that not all Muslims are violent by default, nevermind that one cannot argue it so from the true spirit of Islam.

jay bee:

Nothing justifies actions but believe me teachings in Islam is all about peace, loving ones neighbour as oneself and most importantly appreciating basic humanity.

We may only hope for these ideals; but not everyone (including some Muslim scholars) would agree that Islam in its true essence would tessellate with such ideals.

Cheers.
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 26, 2007
jay bee:

Make sure you print this out and give to ur muslim "ummah", it is they and not us who need to be reading this.

You are right that there are "fanatics" through each faiths, but it is the islamic lie to equate the violence in islam with all other faiths. When next you hear of christians or buddhists beheading people, carrying suicide bombs, hijacking aircraft e.t.c. pls let us know.
The basic problem with islam is its inability to face facts rather than hide behind their finger.

jay bee:

I certainly do not believe you. A cursory look at your quran is clear indication that it is not about peace. Perhaps it is about loving your neighbor ONLY if the neighbour is muslim. I dont read anywhere that your quran talks about peace and love towards your Jewish cousins that it refers to as apes and pigs.

mukina2:

I wonder where in her post, she said she took that from the Quran undecided
didnt u read what she posted?

Of course i read it. She says she remembers a FACT . . . a spiritual fact that is neither recorded in the quran or hadith? Where else did she get this "fact" if not borrowed from the bible or merely adopted from christian principles?
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by cgift(m): 9:06am On Sep 27, 2007
davidy

You are the official anti-islamist grin.

I kinda like ur site ! Keep it up young man.
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by lafile(m): 9:55am On Sep 27, 2007
I am amazed someone is complaining about being asked if she was a muslim. complaining about being invited to church etc. When muslims in some parts of the world ask this question they do it with a gun pointed to the christian. Did you read about those koreans kidnapped in Afghanistan? at least the christians asked the poster nicely, politely and with good intentions. same cannot be said of those mujahadeens in afghanistan or of osama. abi dem no be muslims?
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by pilgrim1(f): 10:07am On Sep 27, 2007
lafile:

I am amazed someone is complaining about being asked if she was a muslim.

Lol. . . we're all amazed that such a complaint would be subject for discussion in the first place! Let me illustrate this with a picturesque irony:

#1. ACT ONE, SCENE ONE - Muslim Rage Against McDonalds

#2. ACT TWO, SCENE TWO - Muslim Relish About McDonalds

So, okay. . . someone is complaining about merely being asked about being Muslim. Do we sometimes see the comic relief in their mindset? grin
Re: Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! by lafile(m): 11:58am On Sep 27, 2007
lol!
haba pilgrim.1, dem get right to change mind o. evil can be (mis)interpreted in anyway to please the interpreter.

(1) (2) (3)

What Happened To Jesus Christ? / Assurance Of Salvation / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 2012 - Available On Blackberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.