Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu (23530 Views)

Private Jet Conveying Adebayo Adelabu Crash-Lands In Ibadan, Oyo / Nigeria Can’t Continue To Be Father Christmas To Neighbouring Countries – Tinubu / Borrowing To Subsidise Electricity Grossly Irresponsible -FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Raylight2(m): 9:08pm On Feb 14
PHAYOL81:

Great that they're now considering full autonomy of power generation and supply. This won't just provide adequate, sustainable and uninterrupted power supply to many capable states of the federation thereby helping the productivity of those states economy but also be a huge source of IGR as well as the reduction in the rate of such states unemployment.
We'll definitely get there if we don't stop pushing for the right change.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD BLESS WESTERN NIGERIA TOO

WE RISE!

Can't blame me, I'm an optimist. provided it's a good move, I always hope it happens and works fine.

We just keep praying.
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Gofwane(m): 9:10pm On Feb 14
ADELABU 😳
The name sounds like local draw soup 😂

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by RALPHOW(m): 9:10pm On Feb 14
Federal Government must subsidise Electricity!!
Minister should wage war against corruption in the system and nothing else.

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Satazaa: 9:11pm On Feb 14
KillahPriest:
The most inept minister of power in Nigeria's history. The IMF says jump and he asks how high, Nigerians have never ever heard his voice before concerning the dilapidated electricity sector until it was time to remove subsidy. W what a disgrace cool
inept? how long has he been in that office
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:12pm On Feb 14
Next news will be dat "FG ends subsidy on cooking gas!"

ronus, na una do dis one so by voting in balablu bulaba!

ronu oo!

cool
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:12pm On Feb 14
ogawisdom(m): 9:07pm
Foodempire:
Tbs should be nothing less than 22% by now as dollar is now #1,650. The economy isn't economiking, I wonder how the civil servants survive on a daily basis.

The economic crisis is heading the path of Venezuela.

USD @ 2000 is almost certain by march due to massive buying of USD for hoarding and speculation at any price.

A friend bought 5000 USD two days ago at 1495 and today it is at 1605. That is 110 x 5000 = 550k profit in few days.

Imagine those that can buy 100k USD for hoarding & speculation.

Floating naira was a terrible decision that will sink Nigeria if not reversed
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by 43Ronin: 9:14pm On Feb 14
Oga minister you are only doing the bidding of your slave masters thee IMF. Nigerians you were warned against Tinubu but you chose tribal sentiments. Now in abid to legitimize his candidacy anything IMF tells him, he will do. No wonder Niger, Chad,Mali & Burkinafaso left Ecowas. It was nothing but a huge slave market for europeans

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by oseahumenb(m): 9:14pm On Feb 14
I blame whoever made this buffoon ,bons head, kpukpuf cheek minister.
For ministering darkness, you shall rot in hell. Mr adelabu kpufkpuf slowpoke
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by BabaO2: 9:15pm On Feb 14
The guy doesn't understand anything at all, I am disappointed.
During Fashola 1 kw/h was #21, now 1 kw/h has increased to #78 or over #100 in some areas, where is the subsidy this guy is talking about? are people not entitled to electricity at all?

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Iamnotfearyou: 9:16pm On Feb 14
nlfpmod:

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/02/14/just-in-fg-cant-continue-to-subsidise-electricity-power-minister/

What can not exist is living in affluence here in Nigeria,so this lack of electricity in Nigeria is on subsidy

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by BondRiv: 9:16pm On Feb 14
On the grid that has collapsed for about six times between December 2023 and now, he said this was caused by shortage of gas, ageing machines in the grid value chain, low capacity to evacuate generated power, and destruction of power stations in some parts of the North-East geopolitical zone of the country.

You guys better be serious with your jobs in this country. It is a shame that we are still battling with power supply in 2024.

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Emman08: 9:16pm On Feb 14
These people will squeeze Nigerians dry then squeeze them some more. This is just the beginning
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Okeoghenerobert: 9:17pm On Feb 14
This government brought real hardship to Nigerians in all ramification
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Exceed15: 9:17pm On Feb 14
If you like vote APC again in next election that your business.

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by betshopagent(m): 9:22pm On Feb 14
grin these emilokans are not yet satisfied with peoples suffering.
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Ken4Christ: 9:22pm On Feb 14
IrepChrist:
Nigeria needs leaders that can create wealth. People that can think outside the box. We have the potentials but we lack visionary leaders.

We have them but they won't allow them unless you are in the cult like them and you are ready to kill. But I see Redeemtion for Nigeria very soon.

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by zoedew: 9:24pm On Feb 14
But Nigeria can afford to continue to subsidise the Vagabonds In Power running the Kakistocracy that she is? Poor and lazy thinking on the part of the Minister. His thoughts should be set on making affordable and regular power available to Nigerians who have had to bear the brunt of misgovernance.

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by nairalanda1(m): 9:26pm On Feb 14
The thing is cost reflective tarrifs is the way forward.

Can't do that without a subsidy in place.
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by TheCrusader14: 9:27pm On Feb 14
IrepChrist:
Nigeria needs leaders that can create wealth. People that can think outside the box. We have the potentials but we lack visionary leaders.

We have too many problems in this English cage. For instance, look at the massive unproductive population in the region of religion.

The only things they do in some states are these, practise religion, have sex, and breed babies like pigs.

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Bamss1: 9:28pm On Feb 14
Another one is loading
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by emmyN(m): 9:31pm On Feb 14
Transmission Company of Nigeria has over 100 abandoned projects due to variations on contract figures as a result of the fluctuations of the forex...

In other words, 100 transmission company projects have been abandoned due to Tinubu's maladroit policies.
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Ofodirinwa: 9:31pm On Feb 14
Johnjustice:

Absolutely...I wonder why we have an economic team, Minister of finance, budget, economy etc, and end up listening to IMF

Are we okay?

the average educated african is well conditioned to think a particular way and that way is deferrence to the west. mental dependency on the west. need of validation from the west. The average nigerian is do different but you cant tell the average 'educated' nigerian otherwise. Look how happy we get when our presidential candidates go to 'chatham house' to talk lol. A whole sovereign country, happy that they're own candidates are going to another country to give a speech to others than they don't give to normal Nigerians. When it's time to campaign in Nigeria they start dancing and sharing rice.

I am a research on igbo cultural topics. 90% of the papers I read for academics will begin with 'The Igbos are an ethnic group in the south east of Nigeria'. I makes you wonder, who are they telling this to? LOL. But that told me that these people are mental slaves and they will always bend to what they're conditioned to bend to. You're probably self education (on top of conventionally educated) so you can see the stupidity but they really can't because ultimately the highest achievement in life is a white person (IMF) saying 'good job' and taking a picture with them, or inviting them to a conference 'abroad'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Honestey: 9:32pm On Feb 14
Collect those billions from thieves and relieve the hardship stop trash talk and avoid polishing people to the wall
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:34pm On Feb 14
Tilumbu and his ministers are all complex idiots
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Davidgregs(m): 9:38pm On Feb 14
Nigeria needs to be re-colonized the second time maybe that's when things will go back to normal. Because i see no reason why since we got independence instead of progressing we seems to be regressing backwards. You should have allowed us to be in egypt when we used to eat cucumber and carrot instead of promiseland that will never come.
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by CaptainJune: 9:39pm On Feb 14
Is it a crime to allow competition? Are Nigerians not paying their electricity bills? More than 60 years of darkness and scarce power supply with continual hikes in tariff only to blame subsidy. What has subsidy got to do with power generation?

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by grandstar(m): 9:39pm On Feb 14
IrepChrist:

He just spoke plain English. What was it you did not understand?

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Naijanascam: 9:48pm On Feb 14
After making so much noise before 2015 presidential elections.... Steady electricity power is not a rocket science by RBF and he spent years as Minister of Power without achieving anything

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by akinsto4ever(m): 9:51pm On Feb 14
Shengbo oro buruku lenu weyrey yi. Na darkness we want dey pay for?
Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by IrepChrist: 9:51pm On Feb 14
grandstar:

He just spoke plain English. What was it you did not understand.

He is saying Nigeria can't not afford that luxury anymore. It's just a sign of a depleting treasury. We must wake-up. We need urgent intervention. God has so much bless us. But we refuse to plan accordingly.

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by Johnjustice: 9:52pm On Feb 14
Ofodirinwa:

the average educated african is well conditioned to think a particular way and that way is deferrence to the west. mental dependency on the west. need of validation from the west. The average nigerian is do different but you cant tell the average 'educated' nigerian otherwise. Look how happy we get when our presidential candidates go to 'chatham house' to talk lol. A whole sovereign country, happy that they're own candidates are going to another country to give a speech to others than they don't give to normal Nigerians. When it's time to campaign in Nigeria they start dancing and sharing rice.

I am a research on igbo cultural topics. 90% of the papers I read for academics will begin with 'The Igbos are an ethnic group in the south east of Nigeria'. I makes you wonder, who are they telling this to? LOL. But that told me that these people are mental slaves and they will always bend to what they're conditioned to bend to. You're probably self education (on top of conventionally educated) so you can see the stupidity but they really can't because ultimately the highest achievement in life is a white person (IMF) saying 'good job' and taking a picture with them, or inviting them to a conference 'abroad'.

Serious mental slavery, our political class should know better...they know IMF history with Nigeria, they know IMF loan conditions turned Nigeria to a dumping ground, making us lazy and lacking will to be a productive nation.

See how happy they are when IMF rates them, like they just won a billion USD, very funny people... IMF is just playing them like puppets.

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu by maasoap(m): 9:54pm On Feb 14
Pat081:
I got my own 250 k they keep on asking me that I will pay for this and that every thing is up to 250k
Imagine that!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. / I've Joined Team Of Defense Lawyers In The Case Of Nnamdi Kanu - Emeka Ugwuonye / Arrested #RevolutionNow Protesters Will Be Charged To Court On Friday - Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.