Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto (30665 Views)

We Won't Fold Our Hands And Watch Ebonyi Turn Into A Killing Field- Ohanaeze / Our Arms Are Open To Welcome Obaseki — Edo PDP Chairman / Shall We Fold Our Arms And Let Abdulrasaq Destroy The Legacies Of Saraki? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Forumobserver12(m): 9:11am On Feb 15
I total agree with the royal father that things are very bad particularly economy hardship and insecurities, However, I wonder where they left their voices while Bihari was busy messing up the country for good 8years?

We all know that as bad as things are at the moment, these Northern leaders wouldn't have been saying this if their northern brother is in power, they did same thing during GEJ and they are doing same against Tinubu government...

They only preached good governance when their people are not in power...

Well is left for Tinubu to wake up and start working for Nigerians by putting the competent people in right places,he should stop seeing Nigeria from Lagos lence...
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by EmmyDJourno: 9:12am On Feb 15
We would teach Igbos a lesson, we would send Peter Obi back to his village
Una never see anything yet, Muslim-Muslim ticket must be sustainable for 100years🤠
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by tnerro1(m): 9:13am On Feb 15
I told someone that the north will suffer more in all this hardship going on in the country. But they will still vote APC again because of religious and tribal sentiment. Don’t pity them and don’t join any protest they want to embark on. They are the cause of their problems
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Bbbwings: 9:14am On Feb 15
Acidosis:

The rate at which the Sultan is groaning lately is worrisome. He's clearly closer to the people.
They should arrest him. Where was his voice during Buhari years.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Algold: 9:18am On Feb 15
Emilokan does not know anything. It thought it was Lagos. That he keeps taxing them to fill his stupid pockets
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by buJu234: 9:19am On Feb 15
with all due respect to the Sultan, but the origin of this wahala was caused by Buhari the son of the Northern Nigerian Soil.

u see why we have to face facts and stop all these tribalism etc, because at the end of the day hunger doesn't differentiate btw southern or Nigeria Nigeria, Christian or Muslim, civilian or police, paramilitary or military personnel..

today we all are in it together.

so since we are already inside the mud, let's now work together especially with the government of the day to pull Nigeria out of the mud of hunger.

please note: I said Nigeria, not Northern Nigeria, not Southern Nigeria, not Moslem, not Christian, not civilian etc. Just like we did some days ago during the last AFCON
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Successlane: 9:28am On Feb 15
God1000:
Good, but I'm surprised this same northern leaders that kept quiet throughout Buhari's administration are now talking, protests are also taking place in the core north, something we didn't see for good 8 years under Buhari.

This country is irredeemable, people choose when to talk and protest, they won't do it if their son is in power, the same thing is playing out in south west, and I don't expect them to join any nationwide protest with Tinubu in Aso Rock.

Anyway, this hardship is unprecedented and I agree with everything he said.

In saner climes leaders resign if they can't fulfill their promises, I remember several UK prime ministers like David Cameron, Theresa May, Boris Johnson and Liz truss, they all resigned.

We have a clueless president.

@ the bolded in red:

This mentality is the exact reason why revolution is IMPOSSIBLE in Nigeria.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by sammiewrite(m): 9:29am On Feb 15
I have always maintained that whoever takes over from Buhari will have a tough time with Nigerians. There is nothing the man didn't kill in his eight locust years but the North didn't say pim. The president should ignore the likes of the Sultan and focus on bringing succor to Nigerians. If policies needs to be reversed, then so be it. Similarly, if toes need to be stepped too because this country has empowered many misfits who are now holding the rest of us to ransom.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Kingpele(m): 9:34am On Feb 15
[quote author=HarryGleb post=128460646]Alarm bell but the mandate thief won't hear it until he is chased out of aso rock.[ clueless is understatement tinubu is a very wicked human being
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by jattopeter(m): 9:34am On Feb 15
you really have time , It was Aboki you were wasting your time to reply with this long epistle, dont mind him. We are all in it together.
matify83:

I will want to wish you don't have problems with comprehension.

The only fool waiting for a Messiah may just be you because I clearly stated in my write-up that "the ship has set sail and we will have to live with the brunt of our actions or inactions"

If the voice of the people was truly the voice of God, I can bet you that the voices of APC supporters will kill Asiwaju before the voices of Obi's supporters.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by sulaak(m): 9:56am On Feb 15
malali:
All of Tinubu policies so far looks like his is trying to eliminate the poor and middle class Nigerians.

He is implemented policies with dire austerity consequences with no iota of empathy for Nigerians already living below poverty line.

For the first time in history instead of attacking the looters, corrupt politicians directly, he has decided to cast a net so wide that innocent poor Nigerians are suffering and dying due to poor socioeconomic conditions.

Fuel subsidy should have been transferred to food subsidy, while ramping up agricultural products local production. Removing fuel subsidy with no measure in place to subsidise the life of the poor and middle class is an idiotic move.

The government is acting like we are trading democracy for hunger. Because even the military regime's policies were not this bad.

Nigeria cannot continue subsidising poverty. Nigerians should insist that the government invest in more electric power plants, refineries and railways so that the country can be productive.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Lavor234: 9:58am On Feb 15
tnerro1:
I told someone that the north will suffer more in all this hardship going on in the country. But they will still vote APC again because of religious and tribal sentiment. Don’t pity them and don’t join any protest they want to embark on. They are the cause of their problems
they didn't vote for APC, they voted for Atiku
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by sulaak(m): 9:59am On Feb 15
sammiewrite:
I have always maintained that whoever takes over from Buhari will have a tough time with Nigerians. There is nothing the man didn't kill in his eight locust years but the North didn't say pim. The president should ignore the likes of the Sultan and focus on bringing succor to Nigerians. If policies needs to be reversed, then so be it. Similarly, if toes need to be stepped too because this country has empowered many misfits who are now holding the rest of us to ransom.

Tinubu must not reverse any policy. He should not cut the civil service workforce to reduce recurring expenditures.

Nigeria needs more electric power plants, railways, water plants and refineries.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by APOSTLECHUMA: 10:01am On Feb 15
Thief tilimbu has anwered fresident, whether he is chased out tomorrow by the masses doesn't concern him.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by malali: 10:01am On Feb 15
sulaak:

Nigeria cannot continue subsidising poverty. Nigerians should insist that the government invest in more electric power plants, refineries and railways so that the country can be productive.

What has happened to crude oil sales in the last 50 years ??
Dubai can live without crude oil today because of investments in other sectors.
Everyone in Norway is potentially a millionaire by GDP because of their Sovereign wealth fund from crude oil sales.

A group of Nigerians cannot loot and mismanage the commonwealth of everybody and then ask all of us to pay the Debt back !!
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by okito: 12:09pm On Feb 15
But you folded your arms for 8 years while Buhari got us into this mess. Bloody Hypocrites...same as that Emir of Kano sending Remi to tell Tinubu that people are hungry....I don't remember any of them voicing out when clueless Buhari was in power. As for BAT, that's what happens when you force your way into power when you could have sat back and encouraged younger technocrats with integrity to be President.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by a4cube: 12:14pm On Feb 15
eagleu:
Where was this stupid sultan when Buhari was killing this country?
Buhari time is far better than Tinubu hunger regime.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by optionalY09: 12:22pm On Feb 15
Maobichek:

Good morning, the masses are hungry, price of staple food has resin to an unexplainable level. I believe that your position wouldn't have come up had the current government live up to their billings.

Buhari was not the best but if we are buying things at the same price we bought during Buhari's era, many people would keep quiet. Things are extremely hard now and everyone bears witness to that.

If you have solution, profer and not PBAT dividing this country because people are speaking up on hardship ravaging the country.

These are all the result of Buhari leadership, i see Tinubu trying hard to implement a system that would balance the system of governance and promote huge economic development.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Ikukuudo: 12:30pm On Feb 15
Things have gotten real worse.

I can't shout. The rich are not safe because the poor are hungry.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by FaithfulGod2023: 12:34pm On Feb 15
By now the Yorubas should know who really the Northerners are. Imagine none of these emirs complained nor the North reacted during Baba PMB 8yrs ooo yet Baba PAT is just 8months in the office...

IT IS WELL WITH THIS COUNTRY.
AMEN
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by ufuosman(m): 12:48pm On Feb 15
God1000:
Good, but I'm surprised this same northern leaders that kept quiet throughout Buhari's administration are now talking, protests are also taking place in the core north, something we didn't see for good 8 years under Buhari.

This country is irredeemable, people choose when to talk and protest, they won't do it if their son is in power, the same thing is playing out in south west, and I don't expect them to join any nationwide protest with Tinubu in Aso Rock.

In saner climes leaders resign if they can't fulfill their promises, I remember several UK prime ministers like David Cameron, Theresa May, Boris Johnson and Liz truss, they all resigned.

Well said. Most of them where very active wen Goodluck is d president and dey talk all the rubbish and keep mute during Buhari govt and dey get dere voice back again In tinubu govt. I don’t support tinubu Bt dis northerners think dey are wise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by bionixs: 12:55pm On Feb 15
eagleu:
if that your jagaban get sense as you Ronu creatures claim, he should have known that the North wont tolerate him, hence making him to stop playing and be serious
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by ufuosman(m): 12:55pm On Feb 15
eagleu:
dey are all part of d problem I swr
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by ufuosman(m): 12:58pm On Feb 15
Sir u add to wot we all are suffering na
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Maobichek: 1:13pm On Feb 15
optionalY09:

These are all the result of Buhari leadership, i see Tinubu trying hard to implement a system that would balance the system of governance and promote huge economic development.

Buhari was there, ppl who called him out were tagged"enemies of the state."

I want to ask you a question: why is that Buhari now have more critics compared to when he was the president?

I believe after 2 years and we didn't see any significant improvement in the lives of our ppl you won't still call PBAT out but when he hands over, critics will spring from left, right, up and down against him.

Nigerians are not finding it easy now unlike what we had during Buhari's days, we must admit that and ask our leaders to live up to expectations, thank you.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by fitinwell: 1:23pm On Feb 15
politicoNG:

https://www.thecable.ng/sultan-nigerians-are-angry-about-economic-hardship-we-cant-continue-to-fold-our-arms/amp

President Tinubu's Aids won't let President see this message Now..

And they say to before warned is to before armed...

This message is clear enough for whoever wants to listen...
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Patojargz: 1:28pm On Feb 15
U dey complain? What of the racks wey baba share 4 ona? Goan sit down
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Exceed15: 1:30pm On Feb 15
I laugh again and I will continue to laugh until una get sense. Next election make una vote religion again. Let me go and have a delicious lunch with chill fruit juice jare.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by AminuRano87(m): 2:27pm On Feb 15
God1000:

They didn't keep quite. The sultan criticized Buhari many times.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by luckingto50: 2:57pm On Feb 15
Where were the northern elders when BuharI messed up the country. The root cause of this hunger Wahala is the closure of boarder for 8yrs and bad bad policies of certificatesless President.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by sulaak(m): 4:04pm On Feb 15
malali:

What has happened to crude oil sales in the last 50 years ??
Dubai can live without crude oil today because of investments in other sectors.
Everyone in Norway is potentially a millionaire by GDP because of their Sovereign wealth fund from crude oil sales.

A group of Nigerians cannot loot and mismanage the commonwealth of everybody and then ask all of us to pay the Debt back !!

Nigeria has wasted their crude sales on imports, consumption, corruption and white elephant projects. Building a steel industry that doesn't work, refineries that can't refine, electric power plants that cannot generate and roads that can't transport cost billions of dollars.

It doesn't matter who becomes the president of Nigeria. He would have to implement harsh policies that end all subsidies and invest in productive industry.

1 Like

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by malali: 4:54pm On Feb 15
sulaak:

Nigeria has wasted their crude sales on imports, consumption, corruption and white elephant projects. Building a steel industry that doesn't work, refineries that can't refine, electric power plants that cannot generate and roads that can't transport cost billions of dollars.

It doesn't matter who becomes the president of Nigeria. He would have to implement harsh policies that end all subsidies and invest in productive industry.

Well said, we have to stand up to these idiots we elect, if we dont do that they will implement harsh policies to the citizens and still loot the treasury.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka / Visits To Buhari In London Cost N50 Million - The Guardian / Buhari Wins Dankwambo’s Polling Unit In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.