Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,435 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto (30703 Views)

We Won't Fold Our Hands And Watch Ebonyi Turn Into A Killing Field- Ohanaeze / Our Arms Are Open To Welcome Obaseki — Edo PDP Chairman / Shall We Fold Our Arms And Let Abdulrasaq Destroy The Legacies Of Saraki? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by faceland: 6:50am On Feb 15
mightyhaze:
EOD!

Honestly I hate this kind of bickering

We must all learn to live with the results of our actions (or inactions)..

Tinubu from all indications is clueless and confused.. we all saw these prior to elections..those that talked were shouted down. Now what do you want the old man to do? Magic?

Let's brace up for 7 years and 4 months..

Onhismanhoodweshallstand# Remember?

Same with Buhari. Buhari could not answer questions before he ever entered Aso Rock, he was exposed all over the internet (but covered in real life).
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Pat081: 6:52am On Feb 15
You never see anything ,Tinubu that is not in the country we are in it together
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by ahmedio2017(m): 6:53am On Feb 15
God1000:
Good, but I'm surprised this same northern leaders that kept quiet throughout Buhari's administration are now talking, protests are also taking place in the core north, something we didn't see for good 8 years under Buhari.

This country is irredeemable, people choose when to talk and protest, they won't do it if their son is in power, the same thing is playing out in south west, and I don't expect them to join any nationwide protest with Tinubu in Aso Rock.

Anyway, this hardship is unprecedented and I agree with everything he said.

In saner climes leaders resign if they can't fulfill their promises, I remember several UK prime ministers like David Cameron, Theresa May, Boris Johnson and Liz truss, they all resigned.

We have a clueless president.

Oga you guys should stop saying rubbish for God sake, which one is they didn't protest during buhari, is buhari government worst like this? Today prices of commodities are skyrocketing on a daily basis yet the president couldn't find a lasting solution to that. Instead he kept promising without fulfilling any. No clue, no foresight.

Forget about regions, Nigeria belongs to all, we should stop this politics of tribalism, let's rise and face our oppressors irrespective of the person they are, that's when we can actually have our freedom.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by uba1991: 6:58am On Feb 15
God1000:
Good, but I'm surprised this same northern leaders that kept quiet throughout Buhari's administration are now talking, protests are also taking place in the core north, something we didn't see for good 8 years under Buhari.

This country is irredeemable, people choose when to talk and protest, they won't do it if their son is in power, the same thing is playing out in south west, and I don't expect them to join any nationwide protest with Tinubu in Aso Rock.

In saner climes leaders resign if they can't fulfill their promises, I remember several UK prime ministers like David Cameron, Theresa May, Boris Johnson and Liz truss, they all resigned.

you have not been following. Many people in the north has been criticizing buhari up to today.
Btw, things were not this bad during buhari time. Rice is now 80k something that was 30k during buhari. Fuel was 180 now fuel is 700
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by KingExalted: 6:58am On Feb 15
But we chose religion and ethnicity over credibility. This is the outcome. The Govt of the day doesn't have what it takes to redeem the situation. Simple!
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Great0ne1: 6:59am On Feb 15
Tinububalls:
A group of foolish people is called Nigerians.
Fact . Should be added in dictionary
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Iamhawkeyez: 7:00am On Feb 15
every body is saying the sultans kept mute under buhari, but don't u guy's tink tinubu's few months is getting worst dan buhari's 8 years? how much did buhari meet nd left the dollar, food, cement, pms, gas..... etc? how much did tinubu meet them and in few months how much e dey now?
You said you inherited a bad government, no be still ur party apc? you no know how bad d economy dey before u decide to become president , no be still you say you go continue where buhari stop? u come fix the country abi u come do ur turn? in six months I will end insecurities, create jobs bla bla bla
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by membranus: 7:03am On Feb 15
kenchop:
THIS USELESS BARBARIAN SUPPORTED MEDIOCRITY OVER COMPETENCE DURING THE ELECTIONS NOW HES COMING HERE TO TALK AS IF HE CARES FOR HIS PEOPLE.
OGA SULTAN WHEN ITS HARVEST TIME, YOU AND YOUR KIND WILL BE SWALLOWED UP.

NEVER FORGET THIS.

Which of them, Atiku or Obi, do you truly believe has the competence to rule the country? Which prior leadership statistics do you use to qualify them as competent to rule the country?

All of them, Tinubu, Atiku or Obi are all from the same clan of polithiefcians that have contributed in putting the country into the present financial and poor infrastructural quagmire we are all inside.

All of them from the first republic to the present government should be rounded up and thrown into jail and left to rot there.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by ada9ja(f): 7:04am On Feb 15
God1000:

You made sense and at the same time....this administration is far worst than Buhari considering the period in govt. So people will complain cos the level this hardship is going will finish the north before other region
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by sokera: 7:04am On Feb 15
politicoNG:

https://www.thecable.ng/sultan-nigerians-are-angry-about-economic-hardship-we-cant-continue-to-fold-our-arms/amp

sultan of sokoto the solution is to return this country to regional government… can you talk to
northern elites to support return to regional government
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by bixton(m): 7:05am On Feb 15
politicoNG:

https://www.thecable.ng/sultan-nigerians-are-angry-about-economic-hardship-we-cant-continue-to-fold-our-arms/amp

All these they have not done when their very own was president....

They have never come out publicly to condemn banditry, kidnapping, killings, terrorizing, herdsmen rampage, bandits holding villages to hostage and collecting security levies.....
They have never tried to ensure the almajari system is abolished as if Nigeria is the only muslim country in the world......

Now that a Southerner is a president they are speaking, this same people who don't want a Southerner to become a FCT minister.

The north is Nigeria's foremost problem. Do away with them and their mentality and a problem is partly solved.

1 Like

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by ada9ja(f): 7:05am On Feb 15
eagleu:
Where was this stupid sultan when Buhari was killing this country?

Or what did he say during the election period? They all endorse tinubu

1 Like

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Zetty177x: 7:06am On Feb 15
Richtaiwo:

Neither here nor there. some said Tinubu stole gringory obi's mandate and others said Tinubu was voted on ethno-religious ground. Yet they are in same camp. Pls make tell us which one una dey. Was Tinubu voted on ethno-religious ground or gringory obi won and Tinubu stole his mandate?

I beg go buy bread for #1,500
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Chibuezem(m): 7:08am On Feb 15
politicoNG:

It's all hypocrisy, when a northerner (buhari) was in power despite how horrible things were the North endured it and even gave kudos to the government now a westerner is in and they decide to protest
The North still went ahead to support The present administration because of religious and tribalistic gains.....

The revolution that Nigeria will experience will come from the North losing its power of tribalism and religious wickedness over Nigeria.it will not come from SouthEast as we don't want it to be tagged as a coup or igbo movement or from the west because of tribalism too.
An average intelligent Nigerian in Nigeria should just prepare for the inevitable 'suffering' which may cause civil unrest once our tolerance of suffering is broken.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Iamnotfearyou: 7:08am On Feb 15
politicoNG:

Sycophants and hypocrites,why are you tired now that you have both Muslims in control of the country? Nigeria will never be better since we allow our stomach and religion to do our thinking for us
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by ezenna191(m): 7:08am On Feb 15
Oga Emir, say it louder, because I think Tinubu has hearing problem

1 Like

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by membranus: 7:12am On Feb 15
ada9ja:

You made sense and at the same time....this administration is far worst than Buhari considering the period in govt. So people will complain cos the level this hardship is going will finish the north before other region

This time around, the fire is going to start from the north, and the Emirs are afraid because it will consume them. And I am happy for this.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by dontiky: 7:13am On Feb 15
God1000:

so because they didn’t talk protest during buhari time they shouldn’t talk now? You and I know things were not this bad, things were by far better. People could afford a decent meal with less amount. You may just be the only one who is happy to spend more now.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by rummmy: 7:14am On Feb 15
He should go and sit down.
Where was he during Buhari tenure or he just realized now.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Livingstone124: 7:15am On Feb 15
Sctests:
Na serious die una dey..

Let the poor Nigerian die. They are the worst voters. Nature is simply doing it's natural cleansing of taking away idiots from the equation. The one's with good brains will survive, while the ones who are swayed by a cup rice and a N1,000 during the election will be removed from the equation.

In the next election, idiotic politicians won't have mass poverty-stricken idiots who they can bribe en mass, if hunger kills them off.

All things work together for good.
pls check your blood pressure. You are a sadist.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Fuckyoumod: 7:15am On Feb 15
I couldn't agree more.... A group of useless people is called Nigerians
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by membranus: 7:16am On Feb 15
Chibuezem:
It's all hypocrisy, when a northerner (buhari) was in power despite how horrible things were the North endured it and even gave kudos to the government now a westerner is in and they decide to protest
The North still went ahead to support The present administration because of religious and tribalistic gains.....

The revolution that Nigeria will experience will come from the North losing its power of tribalism and religious wickedness over Nigeria.it will not come from SouthEast as we don't want it to be tagged as a coup or igbo movement or from the west because of tribalism too.
An average intelligent Nigerian in Nigeria should just prepare for the inevitable 'suffering' which may cause civil unrest once our tolerance of suffering is broken.

War is coming, let everyone get prepared.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by aniblue(m): 7:17am On Feb 15
He never for one day condemn the killings in southern Kaduna..... Benue massacre and unrest in Jos.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by ada9ja(f): 7:17am On Feb 15
membranus:

This time around, the fire is going to start from the north, and the Emirs are afraid because it will consume them. And I am happy for this.

Sure
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Bayajjidda: 7:18am On Feb 15
God1000:

It's simple. The condition during Buhari's regime was at least bearable. But this Great Tinubulation is unbearable. People are slumping and dying of hunger and starvation everyday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Brushstrokes20: 7:20am On Feb 15
eBOLA is solely on a mission to STEAL, KILL AND DESTROY!💯💯💯💯
# a stitch in time⌚ saves nine 9️⃣

1 Like

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Godsonkemz(m): 7:25am On Feb 15
eagleu:
Where was this stupid sultan when Buhari was killing this country?

Leave tribalism out of this. Buhari operated badly but Tinubu is worse. Buhari may not have tried for security and economic policies but Tinubu is worse.
Buhari knew the implication of removing the subsidy and floating the currency and the pain it would cause to Nigerians and he allowed subsidy without floating the currency.
Under Buhari cost of living was relatively cheap compared to Tinubu.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by rikithor(m): 7:26am On Feb 15
Oga bros Sultanwe know who or what is drumming for you
Yes,there is hunger in the land but you see that "Nigerians are dying statement"? It is a lie na your North the die,they eat grass.

You people hoard foodstuffs, encourage kidnappings, banditry, electoral frauds,you want political and economic activities to be dictated by how you want them to be

If any government disagrees with you,you will frustrate such government.

Did you and all your social cultural organization not frustrate GEJs efforts in governance?

He built schools for children your religious system impoverished yet you didn't appreciate it.

@ dying
Speak for your brethren only.
You liars, hiding name of new Nigerians to advance your sinister motives

Btw,na pride dey bring man down,the BAT there was both electoral fraudster and into all that is questionable.
Who knows,if God is "rewarding" now with disgraceful performance
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by IfnobeGod20: 7:27am On Feb 15
BitterTruth01:
My igbo people in the north should be vigilant
My Igbo compatriots please don't join them in any protest, let the dead bury the dead or they make you scapegoats in venting their frustration against the government. Don't join in any protest, I beg you. I am not Igbo but I feel the impulse of what they may be cooking against you people. You've warned them enough but they never heeded to the voice of reasoning, now the chicken has come home to roast.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Osanoghodua1: 7:31am On Feb 15
Very stupid talk from this Jihadist throne. He kept silence during the wicked resign of Buhari. Let Tinubu restructure the nation and leave the North do their fate. Parasitic North that bank roll terrorist and give birth to children that will be sent to the South as beggars.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by YourKarma: 7:33am On Feb 15
Sctests:
Na serious die una dey..

Let the poor Nigerian die. They are the worst voters. Nature is simply doing it's natural cleansing of taking away idiots from the equation. The one's with good brains will survive, while the ones who are swayed by a cup rice and a N1,000 during the election will be removed from the equation.

In the next election, idiotic politicians won't have mass poverty-stricken idiots who they can bribe en mass, if hunger kills them off.

All things work together for good.

The crazy thing is, you're actually right. It's mostly poor people who vote along tribal lines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Mussolini1(m): 7:33am On Feb 15
Political traditional leaders good morning day don break. You have regain your sight and mouths now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Onnoghen Owns Only 5 Houses, Not 55 – Ex-CCB Director Testifies / Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate / ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.