Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto (30707 Views)

We Won't Fold Our Hands And Watch Ebonyi Turn Into A Killing Field- Ohanaeze / Our Arms Are Open To Welcome Obaseki — Edo PDP Chairman / Shall We Fold Our Arms And Let Abdulrasaq Destroy The Legacies Of Saraki? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by crackhouse(m): 8:12am On Feb 15
Nigerians should not listen to these people again. They are birds of same feather... they complain on your behalf when the government is not favouring them. Did he complain during Buhari era? Once they are not part of a government they tend to stand on the side of the masses to draw their support against their opponent.

1 Like

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by HeroicMeastro: 8:13am On Feb 15
matify83:
All these would have been prevented if we had used common sense in choosing our leadership instead of pandering to ethno-religious sentiments.

Now that the ship has set sail , we must bear the brunt of our actions or inactions.
Hahahaha
I just laugh when I see comments like this.
Nigeria's problem is too numerous that no single individual can solve. The problem is that 100s of Atikus, Obis, etc won't be able to solve. They can only make noises on media to score cheap political points from their gullible followers.
I challenge anyone who has the interest of the country at heart to publicly give out his/her blueprint to solve only one of our many problems.
Otherwise, they are all the same... from OBJ, GEJ, PMB, Tinbu, Atiku, Obi etc, all the same.
Let's us start but removing immunity from Govs. so that we can hold them accountable first, before we move to the President.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by AuthorMan: 8:16am On Feb 15
If you like fold your legs.

When you were stretching your arms ,using underage voters to push APC to power you don't know there are consequences for such animalistic behavior. Now you can longer fold your arms.

Radarada

2 Likes

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Emekmart: 8:16am On Feb 15
Buhari is the one that put us in this mess not Tinubu. Buhari has destroyed Nigeria before he handed the carcass to Tinubu. All blame goes to APC who has failed Nigerians.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Adoborn: 8:17am On Feb 15
Who be "Salt and" if you cough, you will go down!

Bigots are not allowed here!!

On Bola's mandate we stand gidigba!

8 years or nothing...we mewwwvvv!!
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by sirchim(m): 8:19am On Feb 15
God1000:
Good, but I'm surprised this same northern leaders that kept quiet throughout Buhari's administration are now talking, protests are also taking place in the core north, something we didn't see for good 8 years under Buhari.

This country is irredeemable, people choose when to talk and protest, they won't do it if their son is in power, the same thing is playing out in south west, and I don't expect them to join any nationwide protest with Tinubu in Aso Rock.

Anyway, this hardship is unprecedented and I agree with everything he said.

In saner climes leaders resign if they can't fulfill their promises, I remember several UK prime ministers like David Cameron, Theresa May, Boris Johnson and Liz truss, they all resigned.

We have a clueless president.
You mean THIEFNIBU and SHITman 🤔?
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by ufotunang: 8:19am On Feb 15
Renewed hope to renewed shege 🙄
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by jozee8: 8:20am On Feb 15
politicoNG:

https://www.thecable.ng/sultan-nigerians-are-angry-about-economic-hardship-we-cant-continue-to-fold-our-arms/amp

Hippocratic humans.
Twehh...
Not a single voice was raised during the dulard'd 8 years disaster of a government.
You guys lack the moral right to raise a voice now!
You and your religious politics shall all perish!

1 Like

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by ufotunang: 8:20am On Feb 15
When we told them to vote for Peter obi for a better economy and country and better life for nigerians...they refused to vote..but you can now see the renewed hope you voted for

2 Likes

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Livingstone124: 8:22am On Feb 15
Sctests:

Again, na die una dey. Poor illiterates make the worst electoral decisions and make life hard for everyone else.

I will be an Aussie citizen soon, get my family out of that cesspit and leave you poor nigerians to rot in there.
May be you were born with silver spoon, you have not experienced poverty. A poor man can do anything just to survive, so far it brings money or put food on the table so be it. But history tells us that Northern Nigeria never like education. This reason made divide and rule British policy to worked successfully in the North. I pray this country is divided or return back to regional government,.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Sctests: 8:25am On Feb 15
Livingstone124:
May be you were born with silver spoon, you have not experienced poverty. A poor man can do anything just to survive, so far it brings money or put food on the table so be it. But history tells us that Northern Nigeria never like education. This reason made divide and rule British policy to worked successfully in the North. I pray this country is divided or return back to regional government,.

Then don't give them too voting powers. Use the electoral college system, all votes are not equal even in the US, the land of democracy..
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Haydens: 8:28am On Feb 15
Make thunder or Ogun kill this idiot for me na. undecided undecided
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Angrymode: 8:28am On Feb 15
I thought not folding arms and protesting are Harams. I despise Tinubu but the sultan of Sokoto should shut up his hypocritical mouth. Perhaps it's even because of he wants small thing thrown his way that's why he is now trying to make noise.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Livingstone124: 8:30am On Feb 15
Sctests:

Then don't give them too voting powers. Use the electoral college system, all votes are not equal even in the US, the land of democracy..
hmm do you think that members of electoral college if introduced in Nigeria, cannot be bribed? Corruption has eaten deep into every system in this country. I wish electoral college system could work but I know it cannot work here because of corruption.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Abagworo(m): 8:33am On Feb 15
“What are the real issues bringing about poverty and rising cases of insecurity? I don’t think it is the issue of new government. To me, this government is a continuation of the former government. It is the same party. So, what really is the problem? I think that is one of the reasons we are here to talk to ourselves.

It's bad economic strategy adopted by the new Government from IMF.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Felaincarnated: 8:34am On Feb 15
Na Genesis we still dey. Una must stand on dat mandate
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Abagworo(m): 8:37am On Feb 15
God1000:
Good, but I'm surprised this same northern leaders that kept quiet throughout Buhari's administration are now talking, protests are also taking place in the core north, something we didn't see for good 8 years under Buhari.

This country is irredeemable, people choose when to talk and protest, they won't do it if their son is in power, the same thing is playing out in south west, and I don't expect them to join any nationwide protest with Tinubu in Aso Rock.

In saner climes leaders resign if they can't fulfill their promises, I remember several UK prime ministers like David Cameron, Theresa May, Boris Johnson and Liz truss, they all resigned.

Buhari's government wasn't as bad as this. Fuel was 185 Naira after 8 years and Dollar was 500 after 8 years but in 6 months Fuel rose to 600 and Dollar rose to 1,500. The shock of sudden inflation usually leads to civil unrest, coups and wars in every society not just Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Deogratiasfx: 8:38am On Feb 15
When it was a ur brother - Buhari on the throne, u folded ur hands and he continued his nonsense government and finished 8 yrs. We did endsars the North spoilt it. Now it is the 'turn' of Yorubas you are coming with this.
Nigerians are used to suffering and smiling so pls just hold ur peace until he(Tinubu) finished his own 8 yrs.
It was only AFCON we were expecting to give us joy but since it ends in tears, we move.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by brainhgeek(m): 8:38am On Feb 15
Are you just realizing?
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Maobichek: 8:40am On Feb 15
optionalY09:
what a mad man, give them their emirate!

Tinubu use your power now before they overthrow your. These guys are not coming to negotiate, they set you up and now they are ready to bully and disgrace you out of office, be smart. Divide the country now or back to region and you would never be forgotten

Good morning, the masses are hungry, price of staple food has resin to an unexplainable level. I believe that your position wouldn't have come up had the current government live up to their billings.

Buhari was not the best but if we are buying things at the same price we bought during Buhari's era, many people would keep quiet. Things are extremely hard now and everyone bears witness to that.

If you have solution, profer and not PBAT dividing this country because people are speaking up on hardship ravaging the country.
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by ogbonti: 8:40am On Feb 15
matify83:
All these would have been prevented if we had used common sense in choosing our leadership instead of pandering to ethno-religious sentiments.

Now that the ship has set sail , we must bear the brunt of our actions or inactions.

Do not mind the SULTAN and his elitist co-travelers who imposed this SCAM of a government on Nigerians

Where was his voice when IREV was turned off - and an illegitimate President-elect was foisted on Nigerians by INEC ?

He and the Ooni of Ife led the likes of Obi of Onitsha and others to congratulate Tinubu and asked Nigerians to "shut up and put up"

Then the case was still in court - he and his brother traditional rulers sided with the drug sniffer and ignored the people on the heist

Even Oba of Benin said "Tinubu's election victory is ordained by God" - what an insult to the sensitivity and sensibility of Nigerians

The clergy and the clerics have been so quiet in the face of the electoral injustice while Tinubu moves to strangulate the rights of Nigerians

Enoch Adeboye said "Nigeria problem is spiritual - we should keep praying" as IF the USA, Canada, UK, EU pray more than Nigerians

NOW - all of a sudden, the Sultan has woken up- because he must have felt the pulse of the Nation that a revolution may be brewing

He wants to make sure when it happens - the revolting people will be kind to him and spare him from the fall out of the process

I say to the SULTAN and his traditional rulers brothers in Nigeria who kept quiet while APC and politicians destroyed Nigeria that ---

There is no peace for the wicked - the Nigeria you collaborated to kill will smell her decomposing body to your nose.

Since your being Sultan - Oba - Obi - Ooni - Alaafin - Emir wearing clownish attires is to conspire with politicians to subjugate the citizens

WHEN THE REVOLUTION BEGINS - NONE OF YOU WILL BE SPARED - NOT EVEN THE CLERGY or THE CLERICS - Hunger will unite us all

AND THE ENDSARS PRO MAX WILL put an end to the ELITIST CONSPIRACY AND PUNISHMENT of the NIGERIAN PEOPLE VERY SOON angry angry

==== The day Nigeria as a matter of state policy ABOLISH or at least REDUCE to the barest minimum the ROLE and IMPORTANCE of

TRADITIONAL and RELIGIOUS Leaders in the scheme of things - Nigeria will become a world super power in 10 years =====
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Thomasankara(m): 8:47am On Feb 15
[/color]u dey Nigeria at all, or u just want to be politically correct, u no see protest in Lagos and osun?[color=#770077]
God1000:

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Thomasankara(m): 8:52am On Feb 15
[/color]ur guy dey the same squad with them don't be fooled[color=#770077]
aariwa:
Emilokan, awalokan and all forms of sectionalist ideology never favors anybody except the people actually stealing that money who benefits from the broken system like mandate thief and cronies…while the rest of their foot supporters suffers. A new Nigeria is possible with Peter Obi
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by MosayA: 9:00am On Feb 15
Wetin una wan come do now o? Na now una eyes clear abi? Una never see anything. That shege danbanza wey una want, una must collect
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by frog12: 9:00am On Feb 15
Dem no get mouth when pmb dey there
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Streetdoctor: 9:00am On Feb 15
festacman:
Everyone is feeling the heat. May be our brain will be reset after all.

On more serious note, if you know how Nigeria works, this distress by Sultan may sound harmless but it is pregnant.

The stunning thing is that President Tinubu and his team seem helpless so far.
Festacman my geee, Tinubu is totally lost and short of ideals
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Egoveen: 9:02am On Feb 15
Very foolish sultan
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Asswipemod: 9:04am On Feb 15
politicoNG:

https://www.thecable.ng/sultan-nigerians-are-angry-about-economic-hardship-we-cant-continue-to-fold-our-arms/amp

I wonder why the politicians and traditional rulers in the North, especially this one decked up like an onion, are suddenly concerned about insecurity when they never opened their mouth to say pim when that ostrich looking guy called Buhari was president. Bloody hypocrites. Is it now that people are hungry?
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by mikeapollo: 9:05am On Feb 15
God1000:

Let's even agree that if Buhari's govt was bad, Tinubu's govt govt has turned out to be worse! So much hardship inflicted on the people in 8 months!
How much was a bag of rice under Buhari and how much is it now? What was the dollar rate then and now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Asswipemod: 9:06am On Feb 15
frog12:
Dem no get mouth when pmb dey there

Don't mind the idiots
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Shikini: 9:07am On Feb 15
Small small
Re: We Can't Fold Our Arms Again, Nigerians Are Dying - Sultan of Sokoto by Asswipemod: 9:10am On Feb 15
Abagworo:

Buhari's government wasn't as bad as this. Fuel was 185 Naira after 8 years and Dollar was 500 after 8 years but in 6 months Fuel rose to 600 and Dollar rose to 1,500. The shock of sudden inflation usually leads to civil unrest, coups and wars in every society not just Nigeria

Shock or no shock, if anybody do anyhow, they will see anyhow. They had 8yrs to do their shit. It's the turn of the South to serve them breakfast.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kaduna, Aba, Onitsha, Umuahia Among 20 Worst Cities Worldwide For Air Pollution / IPOB:Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Speaks After Today's Trial As FG Uses Masked Witness / Olu Of Warri: Tinubu Is The Most Qualified Person To Be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.