Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable (25523 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Flood Foreign Embassies As Economic Hardship Bites Harder / What's Your Reason For Considering Japa / Japa For Me, But Not For Thee. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Skillsnigeria: 12:55pm On Feb 27
Hmmm
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Ola9ja23: 12:55pm On Feb 27
Mumu travel and stop disturbing us

2 Likes

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by OChimex: 12:55pm On Feb 27
AllenSpencer:
How old are you?

If you still have the bones and balanced mental state, Japa!

In your quest, don’t sell your assets to Japa. Having a plan B to fall back to, helps your mental state cos you know it’s not a do or die.

The West is not really what people make it look like. It’s also tough out there, except you want to sink your self/soul in credit- Imaginary wealth.

It is. Leave him to travel, he will never regret it, if he traveled legally.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by handsomeyinka(m): 12:56pm On Feb 27
Suicideboy:
You'll be deported inshallah
That's not cool.

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by OChimex: 12:57pm On Feb 27
HeadNigga:
I am still young. Hot brains. I will make consultations on japa. God help me if it warrants having nothing to fall back on, fine. I will take my chances. There is no hope insight coz our fellow country men are not even ready to get this country working. Tribalism won't let them yet their rich tribesmen in power don't care about them.

Dude, do it, you will never regret it even if come empty handed but legally. Poverty is a choice in the US or Europe

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by bjdon: 12:58pm On Feb 27
What is your skill set? Do you have skills that would get you a good job in Europe or the US?
Are you looking to use the student route? If so do you have money for fees and money to maintain yourself?
Have you decided which country you want to migrate to?

The only advise I can give you is do your research VERY WELL. Japa is not for everybody. Some folks make a good success of it, others are still struggling many years later.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Willie2015: 12:58pm On Feb 27
HeadNigga:
I am still young. Hot brains. I will make consultations on japa. God help me if it warrants having nothing to fall back on, fine. I will take my chances. There is no hope insight coz our fellow country men are not even ready to get this country working. Tribalism won't let them yet their rich tribesmen in power don't care about them.

In addition..learn how to trade

Foreign Stocks
Forex

it will surely boost ur earnings ..

Godspeed

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by wisdomkid: 12:58pm On Feb 27
gaby:
In all you do, please, ensure to Jakpa the right way and not the way I did over 25 years ago with the same frustration and hardship brought upon us by our inept leaders.

isn't it funny that the same thing that pushed us enmasse to Jakpa over 2 decades ago is even gotten worse today?

Where is the hope, my people?

If you can Jakpa legit, make the move ASAP. The people you are looking up to solve the same issues caused by them have their wards away from Nigeria waiting to come back to continue from where their parents stopped, while the ones in Nigeria are strategically placed as place-holders waiting to step into their parents' positions.

I used to blame myself and my mates for the risks we took to find a way out of the dungeon, but our decisions keeps getting justified by the day. R.I.P to my mates who passed on in the course of our journeys. Nigeria is worse off, guys.

It is disgustingly a hopeless situation, I must confess.

How I wish I can read your experience and what you and your friends faced. We learn everyday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Rahkman: 12:59pm On Feb 27
HeadNigga:
jakpa oo jakpa my brother help urself person fit clock 40 years for naija and na nonsense go still dey trend ....tho jakpa don hard now compare to b4 but try Europe then from Europe make ur way to canada

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by olaolulazio(m): 1:02pm On Feb 27
HeadNigga:
I have always believed I will make it in Nigeria no matter what. But with the current realities in this country I am seriously considering japa. Nothing is working anymore.

Forex isuues
Security issues
Inflation
Food insecurity
Tribalism
Power failure

These are too much for me to bear. I can't continue to act strong...I am already broken.
safe trip bro

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Bassmetrics: 1:03pm On Feb 27
My own be say: Anybody wey wan Japa should Japa with sense o, learn In-demand (digital) skills like Data Analytics or any one of your choice.
It will make your stay smooth.
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by fullclub: 1:03pm On Feb 27
HeadNigga:

There is hope...
To Japa you need a heart of a lion. There are chances that things won't go as planned and this involves millions of Naira . You need to be ready to do anything to beat the cold, winter to stand. Cold of - degree

The cost of settling down might be higher than the cost of Japa from Nigeria unless you got good work sponsorship.

Be prepared mentally here it's survival of the fittest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Inyaky(f): 1:03pm On Feb 27
If you have what it takes just japa before dollar gets to 3000
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by qtguru(m): 1:04pm On Feb 27
fergie001:
Ask not what your Country will do for you but what you will do for your country.

Be patriotic bro....

Blind patriotism

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by chuksjuve(m): 1:06pm On Feb 27
If you can, please do..
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by gaby(m): 1:06pm On Feb 27
wisdomkid:

How I wish I can read your experience and what you and your friends faced. We learn everyday.

Check my profile/signature and enjoy the read.
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Dyfynezz12(m): 1:06pm On Feb 27
SweetSauce:

It's so funny
4k is way too much lol
Our abroad ppl wants the $ to hit 5k

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by fullclub: 1:06pm On Feb 27
AllenSpencer:

Japa!

Don’t listen to anybody!

Don’t make the mistake of not.

Ask him if he is able to finance the cost. Cost of settling down etc.

One of my cousin has been disturbing me since.. He wants to Japa he wants to Japa. I gently put down the cost for him by the time our calculations exceeded 29:million he had dropped the idea

Japa Japa... Don't carry visiting visa to enter Europe else you go hear am

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by fabolouz1(m): 1:07pm On Feb 27
Real men don't run away from battles.

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:08pm On Feb 27
fullclub:

Ask him if he is able to finance the cost. Cost of settling down etc.

One of my cousin has been disturbing me since.. He wants to Japa he wants to Japa. I gently put down the cost for him by the time our calculations exceeded 29:million he had dropped the idea

UK isn't the only country in the world. There's other countries. 29 million ke.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by BarrElChapo(m): 1:09pm On Feb 27
mrjojo:
Nigeria can't get better in this generation, this is no curse, but fact!. 20 -25 years ago, there was a massive japa train. 20 years after, nothing has changed, things have gotten worse even!

Don't gamble your life believing in Nigeria!

A client of mine living in France, on my asking him why he left Nigeria he said to me that in 1983 after he had returned from his graduate degree in France and completed this national service corps program, told his wife that’s there’s no hope for them in Nigeria that does she see any hope in sight ? That they should leave the country and you know they left and he says to me that is the best decision he ever took.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by WantsandMore: 1:09pm On Feb 27
HeadNigga:
I have always believed I will make it in Nigeria no matter what. But with the current realities in this country I am seriously considering japa. Nothing is working anymore.

Forex isuues
Security issues
Inflation
Food insecurity
Tribalism
Power failure

These are too much for me to bear. I can't continue to act strong...I am already broken.
As for power failure relocate to Abia, as for tribalism, racism awaits in diaspora, as for insecurities these are temporary inconvenience hopefully same applies to inflation, insecurity & forex issues but as for japa no let anybody paints greener pasture for you oh...travel the world, write your story & paints your picture but I promise you, these problems are not limited to Nigeria alone. Have fun

5 Likes

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by NohurryInLife: 1:10pm On Feb 27
Suicideboy:
You'll be deported inshallah
Olohun ju eda lo

2 Likes

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Nursepepeye(f): 1:10pm On Feb 27
HeadNigga:
thanks...I will
nothing to fall back in Nigeria, the best decision you will ever make in your life is to Japa. Till world will come to an end. Nothing good can come out of Nigeria.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Franzinni: 1:11pm On Feb 27
Let me tell you from experience... It is not easy abroad see as it is hard here that is how it is hard there in fact things are expensive there like it is here only difference is their money has value... You fit dey pay house rent of 500euros or more per month? Almost 1 million naira PER MONTH for self contain wey you no go even dey inside until night when you return from donkey work... Then let's talk about feeding, if God wan punish you make e be say you can't find an African shop and decide to be buying from super market... You go learn! Japka is not all fun and games, it's a whole new reality.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by tunde1200(m): 1:12pm On Feb 27
HeadNigga:

You are oppressed already make it out quick.
Aspect of tribalism has nothing to do with your doing well in Nigeria if not your are been sentimental about a particular tribe.
Mind you anywhere you japaing too you will remember that they are far worse in terms of hate on blacks.

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by dotedote: 1:13pm On Feb 27
Nice2023:
If u voted this govt and now wants to run away...

The land where u go to will not spare u.

But if innocent,may it go well with u and so shall it be.

If your curses and prayers were that potent, you'd definitely not be where you are now. Wake up and stop deceiving yourself with fake curses that can't lift a sheet of paper off the floor.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Fearurcreeator: 1:13pm On Feb 27
HeadNigga:
it is well
See as I dey look ... You don hear another thing to ginger you ... Lolzzzz.. Wetin you wan hear don land join
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by pquaver(m): 1:13pm On Feb 27
HeadNigga:

Forex isuues
Security issues
Inflation
Food insecurity
Tribalism
Power failure

But i thought billionaires are not affected by the hardship? Ndi igbo are makong money only hausa and yoruba are suffering.. All your shops are full and u increased prices.? so which other suffering are you talking about because i dont understand again?

6 Likes

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Seagodess(f): 1:14pm On Feb 27
SweetSauce:

25years ago?
Wow!
I should be around 7yo by then.
It is well with Nigeria.
so u 32 now...oga use your strength to work for Nigeria
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by fullclub: 1:15pm On Feb 27
tensazangetsu20:

UK isn't the only country in the world. There's other countries. 29 million ke.

Please mention let me know.... US, Canada, Germany, Australia, France, new Zealand.

List any other let's do the analysis
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Segzy19: 1:17pm On Feb 27
What are you still waiting for?

You should be at the airport already...

Nigeria doesn't miss anyone o....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

LASEMA At Accident Scene On 3rd Mainland Bridge (pics) / Nigerians In Russia / Trailer Crushes Fulani Man On Top Of Bike Dead In Minna,Niger State(Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.