Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable (25478 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Flood Foreign Embassies As Economic Hardship Bites Harder / What's Your Reason For Considering Japa / Japa For Me, But Not For Thee. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Exceed15: 1:41pm On Feb 27
Tinubu till 2098. I enjoy the way I laugh at Tinubu supporters faces in Lagos. They hide face in shame... Kikikikikiki.

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by JustPowerApps(m): 1:42pm On Feb 27
The power failure is the real deal breaker, the rest is not much of a problem, you see that blackout, I can't cope with it.
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by DMCY: 1:45pm On Feb 27
Suicideboy:
You'll be deported inshallah

Haa!! Why the curse na?
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by mrjojo: 1:45pm On Feb 27
Och77:
I gambled with mine believing I could make it here
you can if you are a fraudster, sweet mouthed pastor or a politician. if you are non of the above, Run, it's not too late
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Lumarstone: 1:45pm On Feb 27
Tinubu's effect is affecting everyone
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Fearurcreeator: 1:46pm On Feb 27
Edoreborn:
no be lie oo,,I know d boy personally..
You sure say no be illegal e dey do ... Abroad no soft like that ooo
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by sweetkev(m): 1:47pm On Feb 27
being:

Tensa, over 25 yrs ago, Nigerians were in a terrible economic state with abacha as HoS. It was worse than now.. pple were being owed salaries... no end in sight..
But then it passed.. this will also pass @ HeadNigga.. i feel japa is still not necessary... finances are not thr only aspect of your life.. there is family, culture, weather etc..
Abacha time wasn't tougher than emilokan time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by AllenSpencer: 1:58pm On Feb 27
OChimex:

When you move illegally, that's when it's extremly difficult to get a decent job. Then you begin to suffer and it will take time to achieve anything

Like I said earlier, he is young, if he put in the work for 5 years, he will find his balance. He is at a good age to make sacrifices and take the biggest risks.
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by begra8fl: 2:00pm On Feb 27
There is nothing bad about JAPA and I differ with a lot of Nigerians on the state of Nigeria. The Federal Government impacts little of our lives. Nigerians should clamor and ensure that the local governments works. We need to organize our advocacy for LGAs to work. As Nigeria stands every one should focus on exports to earn foreign exchange. Focus on business that you buy local raw materials. Boys with IT skills in Lagos are crushing it. Get IT skills

Don't go to Europe. You will not enjoy it. If you are going to North America make sure you have your documents. Lower you expectations it is also getting hard in those countries. Have IT skills, programming, Ai, Big Data, AWS etc you will not go wrong. Good Luck

2 Likes

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by AllenSpencer: 2:00pm On Feb 27
fullclub:

You can't rent an accommodation, can't get a job, can't access certain stuff.. You will be treated like a leper if you don't have ordinary national insurance number in UK.

Think twice the advice u give cos small time now him go cone here come complain how he took the wrong step

Do you know the count of illegals that have become successful across the world. It all depends on his spirit , quest and thirst for success.

Yes, it could be rough at the initial stage, but with focus and perseverance, he will find his balance.

At his age, he is open to all risk.
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by nairamaniac: 2:01pm On Feb 27
Op. Pls don't feel weak or like a looser.

If you/us to have beared this long means we are strong-champions.

If you are not amongst those benefiting from politics or government. It's best to have at least one leg out this country.
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Lifemanage: 2:02pm On Feb 27
MyVILLAGEpeople:
It's well. But why are African leaders so wicked and heartless?

Nigeria political leaders are occultists and magicians. These are men that belongs to different occult echelons and wizardry. Reason why the country keeps retrogressing.
Cos many ordinary Nigerians are wicked too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by frugal(m): 2:07pm On Feb 27
AllenSpencer:
How old are you?

If you still have the bones and balanced mental state, Japa!

In your quest, don’t sell your assets to Japa. Having a plan B to fall back to, helps your mental state cos you know it’s not a do or die.

The West is not really what people make it look like. It’s also tough out there, except you want to sink your self/soul in credit- Imaginary wealth.

Somebody is complaining about hardship you’re advising him not to sell assets. Which asset? Hardship assets? Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by miketayo(m): 2:08pm On Feb 27
fergie001:
Ask not what your Country will do for you but what you will do for your country.

Be patriotic bro....

Stop deceiving yourself. What have you done for your country? Let him leave if he wants to

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by magicfarad90: 2:10pm On Feb 27
HeadNigga:
I have always believed I will make it in Nigeria no matter what. But with the current realities in this country I am seriously considering japa. Nothing is working anymore.

Forex isuues
Security issues
Inflation
Food insecurity
Tribalism
Power failure

These are too much for me to bear. I can't continue to act strong...I am already broken.

I came to the same stage last year September. I believe it is getting more difficult even now, it takes as much as four times what you would have needed 2years ago to Japa.
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Pristine664: 2:13pm On Feb 27
Nice2023:
If u voted this govt and now wants to run away...

The land where u go to will not spare u.

But if innocent,may it go well with u and so shall it be.

If you supported any Nigerian regular politician our cum yam eaters (including Peter Obi) in the last election your curse will be on you, your kids and entire generation as well.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Sylvasky(m): 2:17pm On Feb 27
magicfarad90:

I came to the same stage last year September. I believe it is getting more difficult even now, it takes as much as four times what you would have needed 2years ago to Japa.

Yes, you're not far from the truth... but to Japa is still very affordable and very much in reach for many Nigerians. You can join the JAPA school community on WhatsApp to see many affordable options for JAPA today and start achieving your dream.
Just hit me up on 0 7 0 3 4 5 3 6 7 1 9 to add you to the community if you're serious about the Japa dreams.
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by RadiantGlow: 2:19pm On Feb 27
What you need is true peace and only Christ can give that. Religion will fail, but Christ will never fail.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Empresa: 2:23pm On Feb 27
To sabe up in the West is NOT easy but very possible. If You have a marketable skill and soft landing, in two years You Will be fine.
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by AllenSpencer: 2:25pm On Feb 27
frugal:

Somebody is complaining about hardship you’re advising him not to sell assets. Which asset? Hardship assets? Lol.

Liabilities
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by being(m): 2:26pm On Feb 27
JustPowerApps:
The power failure is the real deal breaker, the rest is not much of a problem, you see that blackout, I can't cope with it.
Better to buy generator or save money for solar panel than to be working & shivering in subzero temperature. Better still relocate to Aba. Think geometric IPP

3 Likes

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Edoreborn: 2:29pm On Feb 27
Fearurcreeator:

You sure say no be illegal e dey do ... Abroad no soft like that ooo
na legal..d boy no fit kill mosquito..I know am wella
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by being(m): 2:31pm On Feb 27
sweetkev:
Abacha time wasn't tougher than emilokan time.
It was!! Even d govt wasn't paying salaries... I don't know any govt worker that bought car used or tokunbo in that period.

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by akaahs(m): 2:31pm On Feb 27
MyVILLAGEpeople:
It's well. But why are African leaders so wicked and heartless?

Nigeria political leaders are occultists and magicians. These are men that belongs to different occult echelons and wizardry. Reason why the country keeps retrogressing.
U think those in white man country don't belong to occultic group??

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by frugal(m): 2:31pm On Feb 27
AllenSpencer:

Liabilities
Assets are things that make you money. Liabilities take money away from your pocket. Which one is it?
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by opportunities12(m): 2:31pm On Feb 27
HeadNigga:
I am still young. Hot brains. I will make consultations on japa. God help me if it warrants having nothing to fall back on, fine. I will take my chances. There is no hope insight coz our fellow country men are not even ready to get this country working. Tribalism won't let them yet their rich tribesmen in power don't care about them.

Bros if you want to please do without changing your mind. I took the decision and moved with my family on the 4th December 2023 (as if I knew this economic wahala will happen), though we are gradually settling down, not without the hiccups that comes with it, but I can say categorically that it's worth it. Here you can set a goal for yourself and with God on your side you will achieve it. It's only the lazy that will come over and be stranded. Equip yourself with IT skills if possible, it will be a good leverage.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by being(m): 2:33pm On Feb 27
AllenSpencer:

Do you know the count of illegals that have become successful across the world. It all depends on his spirit , quest and thirst for success.

Yes, it could be rough at the initial stage, but with focus and perseverance, he will find his balance.

At his age, he is open to all risk.
Big risk, low probability... Not worth living the one life u have like that! Better to even return to the village and be eating fresh food than running helter skelter in a racist land

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by MeaslesMumpsRub: 2:36pm On Feb 27
HeadNigga:
I am still young. Hot brains. I will make consultations on japa. God help me if it warrants having nothing to fall back on, fine. I will take my chances. There is no hope insight coz our fellow country men are not even ready to get this country working. Tribalism won't let them yet their rich tribesmen in power don't care about them.

the way you keep sulking about tribalism, you are no doubt an Igbo Man.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by OChimex: 2:37pm On Feb 27
AllenSpencer:

Like I said earlier, he is young, if he put in the work for 5 years, he will find his balance. He is at a good age to make sacrifices and take the biggest risks.

Dude you dont need 5 years in America. When he moves here legally, he can do apprentice on skilled jobs like, electrician, plumbing, HVAC and withing 4 to 6 months he is done learning the job, gets on his own truck and start making between 3 to 5k every 2 weeks, if his company pays him on commission, like most companies of those skills do. 3 years, he is already a big boy have grown to almost top level in his company getting good calls that can fetch him 8 to 12k every 2 weeks.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Mayhem1: 2:38pm On Feb 27
Suicideboy:
werey
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Greenfaces: 2:40pm On Feb 27
Suicideboy:
Stop disgracing Muslims. This is not Islam. Islam admonishes you to either speak good or remain silent. It is a very notable hadith in your religion. To say something good or keep quiet.
What you have said here is in fact a very useless thing to say to someone who doesn't know you even

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by steeltrust: 2:45pm On Feb 27
Bro jakpa
No think am twice
Sell what ever you can and jakpa
Before then learn driving if you don’t know how
Learn manual and if you have the chance learn truck driving

I promise you
You won’t regret it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Are White People ''expats'' When The Rest Of Us Are ''immigrants''? / My Computer Science Degree That I Relegated In Nigeria Opens Doors Abroad / Fire Engulfs Overland Airways Aircraft At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.