Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable (25832 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Flood Foreign Embassies As Economic Hardship Bites Harder / What's Your Reason For Considering Japa / Japa For Me, But Not For Thee. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by fullclub: 6:33pm On Feb 27
AllenSpencer:

Death? That’s out of the picture.

An illegal will get a job, a house and even regularize when he starts making money.

Don’t argue with me about games I know. When I told you over 700K illegal immigrants are present in the UK, did you question yourself about how they happen to be surviving? Many are making it to legal status yearly.

Do you think they rent houses or have a job? You feel they all on the streets?

Sit down I think about it. Where are the illegal migrants staying in the UK and how do they cope. In your quest to know the answer of those questions, you will start finding out how they do it.

Oya try it. Give it a try since you know all.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by oilyngbati(m): 6:43pm On Feb 27
Nteogwuija:

Sorry to bother you. But how does one move to the US legally if not through school? And I have learned that the visit visas don't cut it.

Secondly, about the skills, do you advise that one start learning one here in Nigeria or just wait till one gets to the US?

Thanks for your response in advance.
Visitors visa, like student visa is also a legal means to go to the US, only that visitors’ visa may have a shorter duration, while students’ visa ranges from 1-4yrs depending on the duration of the study. Also, you can get married on a visitor’s visa, even after your visa has expired, just like you can marry after your student visa has expired. Don’t let one here fool you about entering the US….just make sure you come into the US with any visa and you will be fine, even after expiration. The only thing is be prepared to get married to a permanent resident or a citizen. We dey run am wella with Mexicans and Cubans, for Florida.

Secondly, it’s best you learn a skill before leaving Nigeria as you will easily fit into a job site than someone with no experience. Learns construction skills like bricklayer, or electrician, or plumbing, or carpentry, or pipe fitting, or auto mechanic/Air conditioning. You can’t go wrong as you will make more dough than office workers who wasted time in a university, with huge student loans

Again, whatever you do, DON’T EVER come into the US via illegal crossing the Mexican or Canadian borders. Don’t ever use oju Oloju (look alike) to enter any western country or else, you’ll be toast!
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Nteogwuija(m): 7:03pm On Feb 27
oilyngbati:
Visitors visa, like student visa is also a legal means to go to the US, only that visitors’ visa may have a shorter duration, while students’ visa ranges from 1-4yrs depending on the duration of the study. Also, you can get married on a visitor’s visa, even after your visa has expired, just like you can marry after your student visa has expired. Don’t let one here fool you about entering the US….just make sure you come into the US with any visa and you will be fine, even after expiration. The only thing is be prepared to get married to a permanent resident or a citizen. We dey run am wella with Mexicans and Cubans, for Florida.

Secondly, it’s best you learn a skill before leaving Nigeria as you will easily fit into a job site than someone with no experience. Learns construction skills like bricklayer, or electrician, or plumbing, or carpentry, or pipe fitting, or auto mechanic/Air conditioning. You can’t go wrong as you will make more dough than office workers who wasted time in a university, with huge student loans

Again, whatever you do, DON’T EVER come into the US via illegal crossing the Mexican or Canadian borders. Don’t ever use oju Oloju (look alike) to enter any western country or else, you’ll be toast!

Thanks, man. I really do appreciate.
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by AuthorMan: 7:09pm On Feb 27
HeadNigga:
I have always believed I will make it in Nigeria no matter what. But with the current realities in this country I am seriously considering japa. Nothing is working anymore.

Forex isuues
Security issues
Inflation
Food insecurity
Tribalism
Power failure

These are too much for me to bear. I can't continue to act strong...I am already broken.

Something like this happened in year 2000.
It was at the bus stop I made up my mind I was leaving naija. Na same year I left. Later came back four years later
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by being(m): 7:18pm On Feb 27
@HeadNigga, use that ur Head wey big to learn! No go dey do gragra... u r not d only one in d country, pple are also going through things and everybody cannot leave!
Learn!
AuthorMan:

It was at the bus stop I made up my mind I was leaving naija. Na same year I left. Later came back four years later

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by AngelicBeing: 7:23pm On Feb 27
AuthorMan:

Why did you come back to Nigeria sad
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by HeadNigga: 7:43pm On Feb 27
being:
@HeadNigga, use that ur Head wey big to learn! No go dey do gragra... u r not d only one in d country, pple are also going through things and everybody cannot leave!
Learn!

he probably came back to see his people and left thereafter
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by being(m): 8:07pm On Feb 27
HeadNigga:
he probably came back to see his people and left thereafter
Lols @HeadNigga, use ur big Head!!
Did he tell u that he came back for visit, did he suggest in any way that he went back?
No go allow ds ur ginger for abroad to lead u where u no know o!
See as u are just give yoursf imagination wey no dey-- he only came for visit. LOL

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Aremu01(m): 8:19pm On Feb 27
It's really sad reading all these stories.
But if you can move as soon as possible pls do.
It will be the best decision in your life
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by KingWarri: 8:22pm On Feb 27
HeadNigga:
I have always believed I will make it in Nigeria no matter what. But with the current realities in this country I am seriously considering japa. Nothing is working anymore.

Forex isuues
Security issues
Inflation
Food insecurity
Tribalism
Power failure

These are too much for me to bear. I can't continue to act strong...I am already broken.
Bro you just spoke my mind....
How long can one continue to believe it will get better?
Our lives on earth is limited, and sapa hold man for neck like bow tie.... Chai!
Man gaz Japa abeg....
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by AuthorMan: 10:14pm On Feb 27
being:
Learn!

E no go beta for your fada.
Did your miserable father use his small head?
I bet he did not.

Did I mention that anyone should leave naija?

Ode

The animal that gave birth to you should have given you the legacy I gave to my kids. They are European citizens.
If you like die here in your miserable state. E no concern me. Oponu.

You guys just think you can insult people for their simple non aggressive posts.

Senseless mofo son of animals.
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by KingWarri: 10:51pm On Feb 27
frugal:

Somebody is complaining about hardship you’re advising him not to sell assets. Which asset? Hardship assets? Lol.
mattress and pillow assets... grin grin
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by SweetSauce(f): 12:19am On Feb 28
JayPeeOham:

You mean you're 32 and still looking this gorgeous like a 12-year-old virgin.

And why the tear on your face though, can you share?

You've found a friend and vice versa!

Hope the reason for the tear is not responsible for your frequent visits to the dating and meet up sections.

Well if it is, then search no more!

Smile.
I do not even know what to say smiley
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by SweetSauce(f): 12:20am On Feb 28
Seagodess:
so u 32 now...oga use your strength to work for Nigeria
Wetin ur mama dey do?
Abunu!
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by SweetSauce(f): 12:31am On Feb 28
JayPeeOham:

You mean you're 32 and still looking this gorgeous like a 12-year-old virgin.
And yes, I look younger than my age, people find it difficult to believe I'm in my early 30s.

And why the tear on your face though, can you share?

I am not crying jor, I used the pic, cos I didn't want to use mine plus I like it.

You've found a friend and vice versa!
smiley smiley [left][/left]

Hope the reason for the tear is not responsible for your frequent visits to the dating and meet up sections.

It's not, it just happened to be that, dating and meet up section is where I've been these few days, for some other days, might be other sections, I am more active on travel section, but these days, I don't spend much time on Nairaland as a result of my busy schedule.

Well if it is, then search no more!
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by phadul: 12:42am On Feb 28
You are free to leave anytime just bear in your mind there is no easy country to japa these days
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by OChimex: 1:53am On Feb 28
Nteogwuija:

Sorry to bother you. But how does one move to the US legally if not through school? And I have learned that the visit visas don't cut it.

Secondly, about the skills, do you advise that one start learning one here in Nigeria or just wait till one gets to the US?

Thanks for your response in advance.
So many legal ways to move to the US, Marriage, job, highly skilled. Investing an amount of money in the US, relative can file for you, etc
You can learn the skill there, and come here and sharpen and update it. It helps.

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by IbeOkehie: 4:02am On Feb 28
OChimex:

Dude you dont need 5 years in America. When he moves here legally, he can do apprentice on skilled jobs like, electrician, plumbing, HVAC and withing 4 to 6 months he is done learning the job, gets on his own truck and start making between 3 to 5k every 2 weeks, if his company pays him on commission, like most companies of those skills do. 3 years, he is already a big boy have grown to almost top level in his company getting good calls that can fetch him 8 to 12k every 2 weeks.

The USA has a good economy and getting to the middle class from the absolute bottom is a realistic possibility within a generation, which is 25 years. Your claims here are quite exaggerated. Yes, such a trajectory surely has occurred for some, but it's not common.
OChimex:

So many legal ways to move to the US, Marriage, job, highly skilled. Investing an amount of money in the US, relative can file for you, etc
You can learn the skill there, and come here and sharpen and update it. It helps.

Very true, but again non of it is very easy. The easiest is marriage or family based visa. The others....not easy at all. All in all, it's much more difficult to migrate to the USA today than 10 to 15 years ago. It's hard to believe, but most of my own cohort got here on visiting visas and ended up becoming citizens fairly easily, within 5 years or so. At that time you could get a social security number with a Nigerian passport, nothing else. Times have changed, for real.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by 004gist: 4:40am On Feb 28
Bassmetrics:
My own be say: Anybody wey wan Japa should Japa with sense o, learn In-demand (digital) skills like Data Analytics or any one of your choice.
It will make your stay smooth.

Use 6 months to 1year learn any of this... Wood work... Joinry, Carpenter, plumbing, mechanic, electrician, welder, etc...

Then come legally. U go see money

Bassmetrics:

LoL, say what you're sure of. No skill, and I repeat no skill that you're good at in this 21© that will render you unemployed. It's not possible for anyone with value to be jobless even in Nigeria. If you have value to offer, even in Nairaland people will be looking for you😂

My brother before you japa learn hand work..E pay pass office job
The things we value here in Nigeria over there in Europe they don't fancy it while the things we don't value is the gold in Europe.

Learn hand work. Let me list them

Carpenters, bricklaying, welders, electricians, mechanic, painting, plumbing, folklift, joinry, barber etc and it's like a must you learn how to drive and get driving licence.
I wish I learnt any of this before I came to Europe Chai.
Was wasting my time with udemy courses.
You see carpenter earning 25 pounds per hour Chai...
Data analyst u guys are shouting is not easy to breakthrough. U might stay years before u get the job.
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by 004gist: 4:55am On Feb 28
Aremu01:
It's really sad reading all these stories.
But if you can move as soon as possible pls do.
It will be the best decision in your life

Its not as possible.. But having skills.... Hand work carpenter, bricklaying, welders, forklift, joinry, electrician etc even barber, hair fixing, mechanic, electrician.

Any you chose... Then it's a must you learn how to drive and get a drive licence
Have any of this skills before coming don't come without skills except u are coming to school.

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by OChimex: 5:00am On Feb 28
IbeOkehie:

The USA has a good economy and getting to the middle class from the absolute bottom is a realistic possibility within a generation, which is 25 years. Your claims here are quite exaggerated. Yes, such a trajectory surely has occurred for some, but it's not common.

Very true, but again non of it is very easy. The easiest is marriage or family based visa. The others....not easy at all. All in all, it's much more difficult to migrate to the USA today than 10 to 15 years ago. It's hard to believe, but most of my own cohort got here on visiting visas and ended up becoming citizens fairly easily, within 5 years or so. At that time you could get a social security number with a Nigerian passport, nothing else. Times have changed, for real.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

Dude, I am telling you my own experience. Jobwise.
That you find it difficult or it takes you time doesn't mean it will take others time.
It common for super smart individuals and not common for dull heads.....
If you want it to be common to you, follow this advice.... simple
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Seagodess(f): 5:30am On Feb 28
SweetSauce:

Wetin ur mama dey do?
Abunu!
did i mentioned your parents in my reply? .. you don buy market.. you think it everybody you can talk to anyhow.. you go see shege.. no worry
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by IbeOkehie: 5:57am On Feb 28
OChimex:

Dude, I am telling you my own experience. Jobwise.
That you find it difficult or it takes you time doesn't mean it will take others time.
It common for super smart individuals and not common for dull heads.....
If you want it to be common to you, follow this advice.... simple

That's kinda what I wrote and I quote "Yes, such a trajectory surely has occurred for some, but it's not common".

As for that being your experience, you can prove it how? Any anonymous person can claim anything on Nairaland.

Good Luck to you.
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by JayPeeOham: 6:44am On Feb 28
SweetSauce:

Smile.
I do not even know what to say smiley

It's all good 👍

Just say what's on your mind.
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by omojeesu(m): 6:53am On Feb 28
You can make Millions even Billions in PASSIVE INCOME EARNINGS here in Nigeria in 5 years or less from even just one "ordinary" airtime business that has incorporated HIGH commission referral program in its overall compensation strategy! Of course most people will immediately think "na scam!" What do you think?
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Emmansky10(m): 6:54am On Feb 28
Patiently waiting for clarity on this... What advice will anybody give someone who wants to japa maybe thru the study route (which is easier) but has only 5M budget at the moment
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by DabinHsu(m): 7:31am On Feb 28
cool cool cool元気出して!
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by lendahand(m): 11:37am On Feb 28
SweetSauce:

25years ago?
Wow!
I should be around 7yo then.
It is well with Nigeria.
and some of you will still come here to argue with and curse your egbons
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by Aremu01(m): 12:20pm On Feb 28
004gist:

Its not as possible.. But having skills.... Hand work carpenter, bricklaying, welders, forklift, joinry, electrician etc even barber, hair fixing, mechanic, electrician.

Any you chose... Then it's a must you learn how to drive and get a drive licence
Have any of this skills before coming don't come without skills except u are coming to school.

You are preaching to the choir bro
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by 004gist: 1:22pm On Feb 28
Emmansky10:
Patiently waiting for clarity on this... What advice will anybody give someone who wants to japa maybe thru the study route (which is easier) but has only 5M budget at the moment

Which country you have in mind?
Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by OChimex: 3:11pm On Feb 28
IbeOkehie:

That's kinda what I wrote and I quote "Yes, such a trajectory surely has occurred for some, but it's not common".

As for that being your experience, you can prove it how? Any anonymous person can claim anything on Nairaland.

Good Luck to you.

Just that it will be stupid and boastful to screenshot my paychecks and show you.
See for yourself on indeed

Re: I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable by IbeOkehie: 6:41pm On Feb 28
OChimex:

Just that it will be stupid and boastful to screenshot my paychecks and show you.
See for yourself on indeed

As I wrote earlier, any anonymous person can be anything on Nairaland.

Good Luck and have a good day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Visa To Republic Of Georgia / Bus Recovered After Plunging Into A River, Some Passengers Missing. Photos / Three Burnt Beyond Recognition In An Accident In Rivers State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.