Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,322 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. - Science/Technology (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. (56987 Views)

Jpmorgan Will Let Consumers Pay With Their Face Or Palm Instead Of A Card (pic) / Free Energy Charger System No Need For Nepa Or Solar / Using Solar Panel As Ups Main Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Cajal(m): 8:55pm On Feb 18
matify83:

I started off with VRLA batteries which I used before I started with solar.

I was charging with public power then and generator occasionally. I guess poor maintenance and undercharging killed them after 1 years plus.

Tubular can tolerate more abuse than VRLA batteries I should guess.

What kills batteries mostly in our environment is undercharging resulting in sulphation.
Thanks
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by anu3: 8:57pm On Feb 18
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by anu3: 8:59pm On Feb 18
Ogaonos:
what d difference BTW inverter and solar generator

I think solar generator is just used to refer to the system in general. An inverter is device that converts DC current from the battery to AC to power regular devices you have within it's capacity...
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by wanze(m): 9:06pm On Feb 18
Dyfynezz12:

But Boss can 2m get me this in this current economy
I do solar installation message me jamespraise953@gmail for quotation
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by harizonal123(m): 9:10pm On Feb 18
matify83:
It's splendid!

I use a 3.5kva 12v kartel inverter and 4 220AH tubular batteries I connected in parallel to make 880AH.

I power virtually every thing in the house including an lg inverter AC for most of the afternoons , an lg inverter fridge/freezer and a bona solar chest freezer.

I've been fully off grid for going to 6 years by May and I don't have any regrets at all.

The installation was done DIY with little touch by my electrician.
Pls how many times have you changed batteries for the past 6 years
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by luvlyoracle(m): 9:26pm On Feb 18
matify83:

You can start little by buying the items one after the other.

I started with the panels first. Initially bought 6 then made it up to 10.

Next, I bought the charge controller.

I started off with a Safe power 24v 1.5kva inverter and have since upgraded twice more.

Batteries came in last after wiring.

Taking the project in one fell swoop may be a bank buster even for me.

Please sell ur inverter to me
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 9:27pm On Feb 18
harizonal123:

Pls how many times have you changed batteries for the past 6 years

Once.

The carryover from my rented apartment to my own house which I used for 4 years.

This tubular set are now 2 years
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by DesChyko: 9:34pm On Feb 18
stano2:
Lithium vs Lipo battery, which is better?

LiFePO4 by a mile.

2 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Jomonix: 9:37pm On Feb 18
matify83:

Hmm!

That would be difficult because I upgraded over time to the present specification I mentioned.

I don't have any idea on the current prices of the items.

60A 150v epever mppt charge controller 6 years ago was 100k

Kartel inverter 3.5kva, 12v 2 years ago was about 200k ( if I remember correctly)

4 Tubular batteries 220A over a year ago at 145k each

10 Canadian solar 350w monocrystalline solar panels (second hand) at 40k each bought 6 years ago.

Please confirm how often you change your batteries
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Laurene: 9:39pm On Feb 18
ewizard1:

You actually use solar to charge the battery.
I know but since inverter can be charged with Nepa, can't solar energy charge it too?

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by segs4eva(m): 9:40pm On Feb 18
If you need a Solar Power system for your home or office; contact me for pay small, small. But you have to commit up to 30% deposit of whatever solution you choose. Here is my contact and email: 08069098891, info.laserstarglobal@gmail.com
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 9:44pm On Feb 18
Jomonix:

Please confirm how often you change your batteries

Once so far

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Mrexcell(m): 9:46pm On Feb 18
Geovanni412:

You are still thinking

Whilst you are thinking, ask about the budget and put the money in dollars

Then conclude your investigation and continue

Anyway, if you are in the South East, I can link you up with the guy that installed our own

It is a heavy investment, for 3-bedroom apartment, you may need minimum of 3 million to run it

Duplex, you should be talking close to 10 million.

Are there the ones that can pump water?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Lekan239(m): 9:46pm On Feb 18
TheGift:

I stay in a duplex. I am installing a 3.6 kva inverter with solar which can carry two 1 hsp inverter acs, 1 inverter deep freezer, Smart TV, 20 laptops, 4-6 fans and over 20 energy saving bulbs for about 3m+

It’s not about the type or size of the house but what you want to power.
20 laptop ke
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Popoola009(m): 9:56pm On Feb 18
cucumbar:
this thing is really confusing.

A 3.5kva inverter can work with 8 batteries? Some installers will say a maximum of 4 batteries.

How many solar panels will you then need in such a set up… say for 4 batteries and for 8 batteries?
Nothing is confusing it depends on the days of autonomy ( days that you want your system to be up when there is no sunlight) you need to also consider the battery DOD and efficiency also. you should meet someone that will do the sizing for you it is very important else you will not enjoy your solar system.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by anu3: 10:01pm On Feb 18
Love800:
Hello.
Can solar work without inverter?

Yes, to charge phones. But not very advisable. Just get a 7k charge controller...
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by anu3: 10:15pm On Feb 18
Zealoy:
ofcuz na solar panel dey charge am na

Really
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by EEIA: 10:25pm On Feb 18
franchasofficia:
"virtually" as used by the person you quoted means = "almost"

That he uses his solar inverter system to power almost every appliances he has in his house
cool cool
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by fashrola(m): 10:28pm On Feb 18
matify83:

4 Years on, no issues

Cool, what’s the cooling retention after 24hours?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by NevetsIbot(m): 10:42pm On Feb 18
dacool1:

You should be just fine if that's all you power during the night.

Is the inverter off from 4pm to 10pm? Basically let's assume 4pm is sundown.

You need to get a more efficient fan. That fan is guzzling you energy.

I installed my 1.5kva three days ago and I noticed my fan was guzzling power whenever I use it overnight. I had to get an LG 70% power saving fan yesterday that works the same way. It literally didn’t guzzle power last night at all. Today too, it’s been working for over 24hrs now and it’s not even draining anything.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Jomonix: 10:45pm On Feb 18
matify83:

Once so far

OK thanks
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by 3kay945(m): 10:51pm On Feb 18
Solar installation when you don't have millions?
Abeg, embrace your heat peacefully.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 10:54pm On Feb 18
fashrola:

Cool, what’s the cooling retention after 24hours?

Well!

I may not have the answer to this question because I'm not sure we have put off our cooling systems for more than 2 hours at a time ever.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Justinlean02(m): 11:00pm On Feb 18
Dyfynezz12:

But Boss can 2m get me this in this current economy
yes, we have this @Skymaxy Global

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Justinlean02(m): 11:03pm On Feb 18
Dyfynezz12:

Ok,thanks I reside at Abia state but I do come to Lagos frequently for business
I will check the person out
we @Skymaxy Global in Aba Abia State deal on Renewable Energy we've got both 5.2kva and 3.2kva Solar generator All in one solution no battery just plug direct and use

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by omojeesu(m): 11:06pm On Feb 18
Fair enough! Peace of mind!
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Gboss247(m): 11:09pm On Feb 18
Suicideboy:
I use bike dynamo and bio gas digester
Biogas is one of the energy potentials Nigeria is yet to utilize properly. Imagine if all the agricultural waste, sewage from septic tanks (soak-away pits) and animals being used to produce biogas for electricity generation and fertilizer production which very cheap. In Benin Republic, residents exchanged their rubbish for biogas while Nigerians look forward to oil wells in the Niger Delta not realizing that their soak-away pits is an "oil well".
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by NothingDoMe: 11:18pm On Feb 18
miqos02:
I did this yesterday too, on 24 solar panels and 8 banks
How was it? Did you still have enough stored energy for nighttime use?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Gboss247(m): 11:21pm On Feb 18
jhubril:
I'm here sitting down in the hallway of my spacious apartment viewing this topic. For a while now I have been living off-grid and I can tell you that I have never regretted becoming my own PHCN. This country's economy is in a free fall. Going solar is a decision I have never regretted. Thank God 'Nigeria is not passing through me'.
In few years from now, the whole world will be enjoying free electricity from solar energy while a visionless country with maximum equatorial solar radiation is still celebrating oil refineries when electric cars are replacing fossil cars. Imagine buying a litre of petrol with heavy duty emission taxes when you charge your EV with free solar energy and electric motor also generates more free electricity while in motion. Visionless Nigerians are waiting for cheap petrol (pipe dream) from NNPCL refineries.

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by COMPAQ(m): 11:26pm On Feb 18
Justinlean02:
we @Skymaxy Global in Aba Abia State deal on Renewable Energy we've got both 5.2kva and 3.2kva Solar generator All in one solution no battery just plug direct and use

How can it not have battery. Plese explain?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by zeestone99(m): 11:27pm On Feb 18
Contact me for your solar inverter installation.
Feel free to ask any questions in my dm.

We also sell inverters, batteries, solar panels, DC breakers, SPDs and other accessories.

Call/chat 08117398294

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by onojaford(m): 11:33pm On Feb 18
Suicideboy:
I use bike dynamo and bio gas digester
Please say more on this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Man In Lagos Constructs Amphibious Car That Cruises On Water & Land / Man Kills African Civet In Umuahia, Abia. Poses With It (Photo) / A Young Boy Constructed An Aeroplane In Enugu State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.