Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? (34049 Views)

Payment Of Tithes And Offering Is A Must According To Bible And Not Men Of God / CAN, Christian Elders In War Of Words Over The Leadership / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by Mentcee(m): 10:08am On Feb 18
hopefulLandlord:
The idea of heaven is so stupid I wonder how people believe it lol
The Bible doesn't say much about what heaven is supposed to be like. Most of the claims about heaven are exaggerations of the Bible. The Bible says the Gates are made of pearl. What are the gates for? Are they made just as an excuse to irritate clams? Are the gates supposed to keep someone out or to keep souls from escaping?

it also says the streets are paved with gold but the only reason we actually like gold so much and we attach such values to it is because they are rare and difficult to extract. Gold is malleable and can be formed as needed for use in, among others, electronics, dentistry, medical tools, and the defense, aerospace, and automotive industries. Gold is durable and noncorrosive. However gold shouldn't be valuable at all in heaven unless we'd still need to use gold for those things in heaven too which actually makes heaven just another version of earth

The sales pitch for heaven is that there is only happiness and no sorrow. But it also says that many people's loved ones won't be there. Since they can't feel sorrow about that, are they ecstatic that their loved ones are being tortured forever? Either your memories are removed or your human empathy is removed. Is it really you that is left over once some parts of you have been removed?

If life matters to me now, it will always have mattered to me, even when I am gone. Death cannot change that.

Your best hope is to be locked in a gold cage with your memories of having an actual life being erased just so you can kiss ass for eternity.

Life is pleasant, death is serene. The transition might be troublesome but we all have to go through it. You shouldn't fear death so much. Heaven and hell are imaginary. You should reject the indoctrination. Life is much better that way.

To quote a friend: "Heaven's supposed to be this really great place, right? So how come a third of the angels got pissed off??"

Honestly. You reason very soundly!
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by IkeGod9891(m): 10:10am On Feb 18
G00dharddick:
Dear Seun

Why can everyone comment on a Christian thread but one cannot comment on a Muslim thread without asking to be converted to Islam?

Seun or whatever his name is.

Is a Bigot

1 Like

Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by blowjohn(m): 10:11am On Feb 18
G00dharddick:
Dear Seun

Why can everyone comment on a Christian thread but one cannot comment on a Muslim thread without asking to be converted to Islam?

because they cannot take criticism or cos this seun u guys always mention is scared of them or scared to lose his money.. Something like that.
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by doffman: 10:16am On Feb 18
AntiChristian:
grin

Elders dey worship God in heaven again?

Are they worshipping the father alone or the father plus son or the trinity together cos Jesus will be at the right side separate from his father!

Where will holy spirit be?

A Christian once told me that God is like the President, Jesus, the deputy and the elders like Senate!

So where is the judiciary? Michael and Gabriel right? Lol.

πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by Felabarmudia: 10:18am On Feb 18
Otem will be able to explain this...lol
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by dnawah(m): 10:24am On Feb 18
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by chachanga: 10:27am On Feb 18
G00dharddick:
Dear Seun

So that boko type extremists will declare fatwah on his head? cheesy

Seun doesn't want jihadist brouhaha. He very much values his head remaining on his neck for a long time to come. grin

1 Like

Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by incogni2o: 10:31am On Feb 18
hopefulLandlord:
The Bible doesn't say much about what heaven is supposed to be like. Most of the claims about heaven are exaggerations of the Bible. The Bible says the Gates are made of pearl. What are the gates for? Are they made just as an excuse to irritate clams? Are the gates supposed to keep someone out or to keep souls from escaping?

it also says the streets are paved with gold but the only reason we actually like gold so much and we attach such values to it is because they are rare and difficult to extract. Gold is malleable and can be formed as needed for use in, among others, electronics, dentistry, medical tools, and the defense, aerospace, and automotive industries. Gold is durable and noncorrosive. However gold shouldn't be valuable at all in heaven unless we'd still need to use gold for those things in heaven too which actually makes heaven just another version of earth

The sales pitch for heaven is that there is only happiness and no sorrow. But it also says that many people's loved ones won't be there. Since they can't feel sorrow about that, are they ecstatic that their loved ones are being tortured forever? Either your memories are removed or your human empathy is removed. Is it really you that is left over once some parts of you have been removed?

If life matters to me now, it will always have mattered to me, even when I am gone. Death cannot change that.

Your best hope is to be locked in a gold cage with your memories of having an actual life being erased just so you can kiss ass for eternity.

Life is pleasant, death is serene. The transition might be troublesome but we all have to go through it. You shouldn't fear death so much. Heaven and hell are imaginary. You should reject the indoctrination. Life is much better that way.

To quote a friend: "Heaven's supposed to be this really great place, right? So how come a third of the angels got pissed off??"

This happens when you decide to interpret a statement with a myopic and sentimental view without thoroughly thinking of all the meanings.

1. Are the gates supposed to keep someone out or to keep souls from escaping?

Even on earth, when you see castles and mansions, are the gates only meant to keep people out?
A Gate has several symbols

An Entrance
Security
Safety
Beauty
Property value
Decorative
Transitional point between different states or realms
Safe

Gold is malleable and can be formed as needed for use in, among others, electronics, dentistry, medical tools, and the defense, aerospace, and automotive industries. Gold is durable and noncorrosive. However gold shouldn't be valuable at all in heaven unless we'd still need to use gold for those things in heaven too which actually makes heaven just another version of earth

While your description of Gold is fine, you maybe forgot to mention that Gold is one of the most valuable and most beautiful elements and is often a sign of beauty and glory. John saw a vision and it doesn't mean it's a physical realm like Earth 🌍

Life may be meaningful to you thinking there is no after life. But only indoctrination will make anyone think there isn't an afterlife.
Logically speaking, you have everything to loose if you live life thinking there is no afterlife and you realise after death that there is while you have nothing to loose if you go the other way round.

Life is Pleasant, How much more the after life.

To a Christian, Death should be a Joyful experience. The Bible gives everyone hope.

β€œO death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by HenryTimes: 10:32am On Feb 18
Michael is the National Security Adviser while Gabriel is the Minister of Special Duties grin grin

AntiChristian:
grin

Are they worshipping the father alone or the father plus son or the trinity together cos Jesus will be at the right side separate from his father!

A Christian once told me that God is like the President, Jesus, the deputy and the elders like Senate!

1 Like

Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by IgOga(m): 10:36am On Feb 18
johntredon:
Elder in heave are:
Adeboye
Kumuyi
Tb Joshua
Oyedepo
Etc

shocked shocked

The 24 elders were mentioned many years before these 4 Nigerian men were born.
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by Procashtips(m): 10:40am On Feb 18
femi4:
Lolz

They have better understanding of him in heaven. They valued him more cos they knew him better

Sorry?
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by MrBroke(m): 10:41am On Feb 18
Fictions humans use to deceive themselves
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by Jayhome24: 10:41am On Feb 18
AntiChristian:
grin

You talking nonsense.

Google is your friend because you are talking thrash forming non-existence damn atheist shit.
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by OKEMKPI: 10:41am On Feb 18
hopefulLandlord:

Spiritual matters cannot be understood with academic minds even if u have 100 PHD certifications
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by ShoeGetSize: 10:48am On Feb 18
My mom and father will be in Heaven. God alone knows who the Elders will be.

I'm more fortunate than MOOhaMAD and his parents who are already in hellfire:

Sahih Muslim (203) narrated from Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) that a man said: β€œO Messenger of Allah, where is my father?” He said: β€œIn Hell.” When he turned away he called him back and said: β€œMy father and your father are in Hell.” 

AntiChristian:

Your dad and mum dey among the elders?
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by Phred1717: 10:54am On Feb 18
Educated Fool... This dullard is a Muslim
hopefulLandlord:

Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by hopefulLandlord: 10:55am On Feb 18
OKEMKPI:

Spiritual matters cannot be understood with academic minds even if u have 100 PHD certifications

Who will know more about "spiritual matters"? The entire faculties of MIT or a witch doctor from the deep jungles of Ogbomosho who has had no contact with civilisation?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by Bawalistic: 10:59am On Feb 18
God Cannot Work Alone, But He Created The World Alone, Una Dey Confuse Person Here ooo
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by hopefulLandlord: 11:00am On Feb 18
incogni2o:

This happens when you decide to interpret a statement with a myopic and sentimental view without thoroughly thinking of all the meanings.

1. Are the gates supposed to keep someone out or to keep souls from escaping?

Even on earth, when you see castles and mansions, are the gates only meant to keep people out?
A Gate has several symbols

An Entrance
Security
Safety
Beauty
Property value
Decorative
Transitional point between different states or realms
Safe

Yes, Gates are made to keep people out or in. That's the primary function of it. Any other is secondary.

"Entrance" we need because people can get lost here and not know the way. So people can still get lost in heaven?

"Security" that makes my point for me

"Property value" yeah people are gonna be buying heaven

"Decorative" lol

Isn't it obvious heaven it bullshit? Even you are trying very hard and can't still make sense of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by hopefulLandlord: 11:03am On Feb 18
ERCROSS:

My fellow atheist, it's wisdom to question things if they don't make sense. Been there, done that.
no you weren't! You were just someone who's "faith waxed cold" for some moments and later reawakened it then started labelling those moments your moments of atheism. Stop lying!!

You were never like me ever. You were always religious to varying degree but even at your least religious moment of your life you still believed in imaginary friend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by hopefulLandlord: 11:04am On Feb 18
Major7:

Please don't gamble with your eternity embarassed,there's no turning back if you only die to find out the truth
Strap a bomb to yourself and detonate it in a crowd so you can make Muslim heaven. Go die in battle so you can make Valhalla

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by hopefulLandlord: 11:05am On Feb 18
GiZcorp:

The things of Heaven is not for canal minds.
Of course it's for foolish minds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by hopefulLandlord: 11:05am On Feb 18
Offpoint1:

The heaven idea is questionable, especially when humans thinks it was made for them.

I keep asking why God didn't just create humans in heaven if he needed them there in the first place? Was the purpose of passing through earth? Why didn't angels passed through earth too?

Good points bro, good points...
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by duruZed(m): 11:06am On Feb 18
AntiChristian:
grin

keep deceiving urself
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by hopefulLandlord: 11:06am On Feb 18
Yankiss:
The rebellion of angels is also a result of the God-given freedom of choice.
Yeah so we won't have choice in heaven or will there be another rebellion part two?

1 Like

Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by hopefulLandlord: 11:07am On Feb 18
Procashtips:

Something caught my attention.

Gold is only valuable on earth because of what we tend to use it for.

What value will gold have in 'heaven'?
Exactly bro, exactly
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by Nyouth: 11:07am On Feb 18
Walai:
Can someone remind me when last a topic from Science and Technology section of naira land made frontpage?
they don't care anymore
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by hopefulLandlord: 11:10am On Feb 18
Phred1717:
Educated Fool... This dullard is a Muslim
Lmao says the wise one. So wise he committed false dichotomy fallacy. If saying things like you did is wisdom, may I remain foolish

1 Like

Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by specialmati(m): 11:12am On Feb 18
AntiChristian:
grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ordinary sand feeling funky over the things of the spirit
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by incogni2o: 11:19am On Feb 18
hopefulLandlord:

Yes, Gates are made to keep people out or in. That's the primary function of it. Any other is secondary.

"Entrance" we need because people can get lost here and not know the way. So people can still get lost in heaven?

"Security" that makes my point for me

"Property value" yeah people are gonna be buying heaven

"Decorative" lol

Isn't it obvious heaven it bullshit? Even you are trying very hard and can't still make sense of it.

It makes full sense to me.

As I said before, Heaven isn't a physical realm like Earth, nevertheless still a realm where beings dwell.

Secondly, John saw a vision, in same vision he saw creatures.

With my understanding, Heaven is a different realm, same realm where Demons inhabit primarily, does it make sense conceptually to have a border(gates where Holy and Unholy beings can dwell or access?
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by TenQ: 11:19am On Feb 18
AntiChristian:
grin

For your sake, I will write a piece on the Taoheed. Promise me you will stay to the end and not run away.
The best Islam can do is Strawman Argument.
Re: Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? by Sleekfingers: 11:25am On Feb 18

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Nonsense Of Spiritual Husbands, Wives And Children: Do They Exist? / Biodun Fatoyinbo Spotted On An Outing With His Son Abroad. PIC / Olukoya Hosts Sanwo-olu, Udom Emmanuel As MFM Honours First Class Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.