Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) (64015 Views)

BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction / How Lucrative Is Selling Of Cement? / Dangote Crashes Cement Online Sales Price, Signs On Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Omobude244: 5:42pm On Feb 18
metaluterus:

This one is pained

Do not worry rice will soon be 130,000k per bag before December. You will eat your boxers
This one still eat from his mother pot
It's so obvious
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by uuzba(m): 5:47pm On Feb 18
Perewenkle1:
In 1990, a bag of cement was #38 Naira and the cost of building three bedroom flat was about #10,686, today, the same three building could cost you 20 million Naira, what a jump in the cost of things.
It's not really a jump.
It's just inflation. The money number has increased but the money value has reduced.
Bag of cement was N38. But you will do labour work for 3 days to earn that N38 in 1992.
Today 2024 it is N10,500,
But you will still do the same labour work for 3 days to earn the N10500 to buy the cement.
So it's still same stress that people are passing through to earn the money.

2 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Omobude244: 5:48pm On Feb 18
Jagaban2012:

Daddy's boy... It is high time you take responsibility for your life and stop sharing what your daddy has achieved...

Your mate dey build estate within a Year and you are still here sharing nonsense.....

Have u built yours?
Imagine earning 150k and rice is 100k🤣
Well u still dey eat ur mama food
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by SweetDipBenny(m): 5:54pm On Feb 18
#70 a bag
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by BalogunIdowu(m): 5:56pm On Feb 18
metaluterus:

Do you need it? I am available for your order here in Lagos too 8,500 Naira Dangote

Ọmọ ogbon, something fit come out from it too.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by nospmoht(m): 6:08pm On Feb 18
Jagaban2012:

Daddy's boy... It is high time you take responsibility for your life and stop sharing what your daddy has achieved...

Your mate dey build estate within a Year and you are still here sharing nonsense.....

I am sure you are older than him. Even hut you never build. You probably squatting with someone but you carry your cheap phone to type rubbish. After you vote for Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:11pm On Feb 18
newnigerdelta00:

You self na still Deadbody for the country, enemies of Nigeria

The friends of Nigeria are voting old dullards who are nothing but ethnic tribalistic champions ..

Enjoy the Nigeria you crave
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Ezegozie(m): 6:14pm On Feb 18
Jagaban2012:

Shoe get size....you a local breed ..I'm an international breed...I can see the kitchen you call the building......in the village of a blind people one - eye man is their village king.... perhaps nah Mowe Ofada...or Samgotedo, Awoyaya of Ilorin...or even Kaduna...house nah house...

perhaps you are not part of those to whom EFCC may pay a visit shortly...

Online warrior.
Show us your own building. He don show his own.
I believe this has taught you a lesson to stop underrating anyone you see online.
See the number of likes his comment attracted. Over 100 likes.
He just put you back to your place of online noise making with zero proof

3 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by LAFOCUZY: 6:18pm On Feb 18
money121:
He bought 10bags of cement at rate of #700

Mean 1 bag #70 shocked shocked

Do you think is possible to happen again in nigeria?

fergie001, Mynd44, OAM4J Seun Nlfpmod

1 bag of 4 inch nail is 35k yesterday
The sologum is 20k
9 inch block is 450
Sand is 90k

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by MayowaTallguy: 6:18pm On Feb 18
money121:

Yes proudly Daddy boy

Became landlord in lagos year 2018
That's the proof https://www.nairaland.com/4765255/see-photos-house-warming-ceremony

Show me your mansion and estate

Emi lo fe fi trend ni nairaland but online lo wa
You can talk anyhow
O ni jeun gidi

Alaraka grin angry
No mind am jare,help me press 2k take do fine boy this Sunday evening bros
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by EMIOMOADEOYE: 6:21pm On Feb 18
money121:

34k for roofing.

I just dey comot primary school that time.

If teacher see 20 naira for our hand then, omo na armageddon ooo.

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by t2luv1: 6:22pm On Feb 18
Jagaban2012:

hypothetical question partner !!! No freaking need for a hard-on okay. I know you like your jagaban and would like to divert attention from the topic question. Right now the situation in Nigeria could be compared to a woman being raped in a cornfield with nobody around to hear her screaming she might as well relax and enjoy this shit. Citizens of Nigeria might as well take a chill pill and wait until 2027.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by OKEIYIOKODU: 6:32pm On Feb 18
[quote author=ZombiePUNISHER post=128514684]

When you move from Buhari to Tinubu which is akin to jumping from frying pan to fire .

This is the end result..

Dead Economy
Dead Country

zombie citizens..[/quote
When you move from Buhari to Tinubu is selling your dog to buy a monkey which means that animal that squats is still in your house
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by newoffer: 6:33pm On Feb 18
That we will not see a staunch supporter na lie. See how u dey defend nonsensem...
Richtaiwo:
Well, not by any chance supporting the current situation of the country, but this comparison no follow at all. If you go backward to let's say 1980, the cost of a bag of cement may even be less than N20. Minimum wage now is 30k, which is being reviewed. What was the average earnings in 1992? Even in the US, where you all take as model, prices of commodities in the nineties are not the same today. Global inflation is the word. As I said, I'm not by any chance supporting the current harsh situation in Nigeria but that comparison is off track.

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by bull67: 6:35pm On Feb 18
Richtaiwo:
Well, not by any chance supporting the current situation of the country, but this comparison no follow at all. If you go backward to let's say 1980, the cost of a bag of cement may even be less than N20. Minimum wage now is 30k, which is being reviewed. What was the average earnings in 1992? Even in the US, where you all take as model, prices of commodities in the nineties are not the same today. Global inflation is the word. As I said, I'm not by any chance supporting the current harsh situation in Nigeria but that comparison is off track.
we all know that but,comparing a bag of cement selling for 10k to 30k minimum wages is unacceptable. Some years ago minimum wage was 18k while cement was 1k plus. We can't compare both unless minimum wages increases to minimum 80k which the government will never pay such.

2 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Richtaiwo: 6:42pm On Feb 18
bull67:
we all know that but,comparing a bag of cement selling for 10k to 30k minimum wages is unacceptable. Some years ago minimum wage was 18k while cement was 1k plus. We can't compare both unless minimum wages increases to minimum 80k which the government will never pay such.
You think so? Well, I expect nothing less than 100k, but let's wait and see.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by spinna: 6:44pm On Feb 18
money121:

Bible > Ecclesiastes > Chapter 7 > Verse 10
◄ Ecclesiastes 7:10 ►

New International Version
Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.

New Living Translation
Don’t long for “the good old days.” This is not wise.

English Standard Version
Say not, “Why were the former days better than these?” For it is not from wisdom that you ask this.

Berean Standard Bible
Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is unwise of you to ask about this.

King James Bible
Say not thou, What is the cause that the former days were better than these? for thou dost not inquire wisely concerning this.

New King James Version
Do not say, “Why were the former days better than these?” For you do not inquire wisely concerning this.

New American Standard Bible
Do not say, “Why is it that the former days were better than these?” For it is not from wisdom that you ask about this.

NASB 1995
Do not say, “Why is it that the former days were better than these?” For it is not from wisdom that you ask about this.

NASB 1977

Legacy Standard Bible

Amplified Bible
Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not from wisdom that you ask about this.

Christian Standard Bible
Don’t say, “Why were the former days better than these? ” since it is not wise of you to ask this.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Don’t say, “Why were the former days better than these?” since it is not wise of you to ask this.

American Standard Version
Say not thou, What is the cause that the former days were better than these? for thou dost not inquire wisely concerning this.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Do not say: "Why is it that the former days were better than these"?, because it is not in wisdom you ask about these things

Brenton Septuagint Translation
Say not, What has happened, that the former days were better than these? for thou dost not enquire in wisdom concerning this.

Contemporary English Version
It isn't wise to ask, "Why is everything worse than it used to be?"

Douay-Rheims Bible
Say not: What thinkest thou is the cause that former times were better than they are now? for this manner of question is foolish.

English Revised Version

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Don't ask, "Why were things better in the old days than they are now?" It isn't wisdom that leads you to ask this!

Good News Translation
Never ask, "Oh, why were things so much better in the old days?" It's not an intelligent question.

International Standard Version
Never ask "Why does the past seem so much better than now?" because this question does not come from wisdom.

JPS Tanakh 1917
Say not thou: 'How was it that the former days were better than these?' for it is not out of wisdom that thou inquirest concerning this.

Literal Standard Version
Do not say, “What was it, | That the former days were better than these?” For you have not asked wisely of this.

Majority Standard Bible
Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is unwise of you to ask about this.

New American Bible
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this.

NET Bible
Do not say, "Why were the old days better than these days?" for it is not wise to ask that.

New Revised Standard Version
Do not say, “Why were the former days better than these?” For it is not from wisdom that you ask this.

New Heart English Bible
Do not say, "Why were the former days better than these?" For you do not ask wisely about this.

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
Don’t say, “Why were the former days better than these?” For you do not ask wisely about this.

Young's Literal Translation
Say not thou, 'What was it, That the former days were better than these?' For thou hast not asked wisely of this.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Sleekfingers: 6:46pm On Feb 18
By June cement will 20,000 naira only
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by mystery22: 6:47pm On Feb 18
Richtaiwo:
npc clown
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Oghene86: 7:00pm On Feb 18
money121:

Na that one dey pain you grin grin

Do I sound pained
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by blingxx(m): 7:04pm On Feb 18
Jagaban2012:

Your mate did this, your mate did that angry his mates are also dead buried 6feets under because of mumu pressure..... We Nigerian like pressuring ourselves in this harsh economy alot... In countries like u.s and mostly Europe the average youth don't get married till the age of 40, 70% don't even own a house undecided

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by money121(m): 7:05pm On Feb 18
Oghene86:

Do I sound pained
Dey play
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Boldideas: 7:09pm On Feb 18
DeOTR:

New Peugeot 504 is a lot cheaper than that. My Dad was the Chief Architect of my state in 1978. His salary wasn't up to 15k monthly.
It's useless comparing then and now.

I totally think it is impossible to earn N15k monthly in 1978 because N15k of now in value is like saying he is earning N150million or more monthly now. I mean Honda 2024 is how much? The answer multiply by 3 is the value in comparison of your pop take home pay. Those days can never return!
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Shantyken(m): 7:28pm On Feb 18
azpekuliar:

4 people in a room.
And in nigeria we are 12 in a room
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Odani: 7:34pm On Feb 18
money121:

This was before Tinubu and his apc came turned nigeria upside down
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Afamed: 8:04pm On Feb 18
Is your Daddy still charging the same amount for his house rent same he charged 32 yrs ago?
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by money121(m): 8:05pm On Feb 18
Afamed:
Is your Daddy still charging the same amount for his house rent same he charged 32 yrs ago?
We no get tenant tongue tongue
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Meteng: 8:25pm On Feb 18
money121:
All is well
All is not well, my brother
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Kay25(m): 8:34pm On Feb 18
Jagaban2012:

I'm not at par with your father who has no landed property written in his name...
Didinrin u know me abi u know my father..werin ur father get even if he has anything it would only be in his dream to catch up 😜

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by lexy2014: 8:52pm On Feb 18
Richtaiwo:

If minimum wage is being reviewed, why is the review in present continuous tense?

Even if it is reviewd, can and will every employer implement it?

Going back to the comparisons you are making, what was the rate of inflation in the 32years ago compared to today?
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by demoBaba: 8:52pm On Feb 18
money121:

Ask your Daddy his salary at that time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa / First Bank Reacts To Failed Robbery Incident At Abuja Branch / Entrepreneurship Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.