Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,904 members, 7,810,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) (64017 Views)

BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction / How Lucrative Is Selling Of Cement? / Dangote Crashes Cement Online Sales Price, Signs On Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Artscollection: 1:16pm On Feb 18
LeeSantos:

Go and research price of groceries in the USA from 1960 till date and compare it Nigeria 2000 till date. And come back to edit this rubbish you typed up

Thank you because i didn't have the strength to reply that oga madam

2 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Felaincarnated: 1:17pm On Feb 18
From ur moniker, U are a big FOOL.. Jagaban ko Jagajaga ni
Jagaban2012:

Daddy's boy... It is high time you take responsibility for your life and stop sharing what your daddy has achieved...

Your mate dey build estate within a Year and you are still here sharing nonsense.....

6 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by PROPHETmichael: 1:17pm On Feb 18
money121:
He bought 10bags of cement at rate of #700

Mean 1 bag #70 shocked shocked

Do you think is possible to happen again in nigeria?

fergie001, Mynd44, OAM4J Seun Nlfpmod

Even then, it was still expensive. There is no tome in this country that things were cheap. 10 years from now, you will look at the cement price and praise how cheap it was in 2024.

9 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Splashme: 1:18pm On Feb 18
Terrible
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by iLegendd(m): 1:19pm On Feb 18
metaluterus:
I bought Dangote cement 8,500 Naira today

Next year it will be 100,000K per bag of cement

If a bag gets to 100k, kidnapping will stop because 50 million ransom will be too many Ghana must go bags for the criminals to carry. In the process of carrying all these worthless bags of cash, they'll be caught. Some will opt to get their money via crypto and will still get caught.

I doubt people in Zimbabwe or Venezuela do kidnapping for money. Their kidnapping will mostly be political. If we get to this stage, I pity politicians.

Most of them will be kidnapped and killed. They won't ask their families to pay any worthless money.

These politicians are playing with their lives.

7 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by FireUpNow(m): 1:19pm On Feb 18
House rent will be crazy now. Pls guys if you can try to get a piece of land now do it and build your own house even if it's a two bedroom flat because I am afraid when this inflation and madness will stop.

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by money121(m): 1:19pm On Feb 18
PROPHETmichael:

Even then, it was still expensive. There is no tome in this country that things were cheap. 10 years from now, you will look at the cement price and praise how cheap it was in 2024.
Yes oo my dad said samething
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Beigalodesigns(m): 1:20pm On Feb 18
Richtaiwo:
Well, not by any chance supporting the current situation of the country, but this comparison no follow at all. If you go backward to let's say 1980, the cost of a bag of cement may even be less than N20. Minimum wage now is 30k, which is being reviewed. What was the average earnings in 1992? Even in the US, where you all take as model, prices of commodities in the nineties are not the same today. Global inflation is the word. As I said, I'm not by any chance supporting the current harsh situation in Nigeria but that comparison is off track.
Oga don't deny the fact u are defending APC, in all ur lies and defence u left out the fact that the same US u used to set this example has better minimum wage,better and strict consumer protection policies than Nigeria and lastly salaries are been reviewed every year in those countries...can thesame be said of this shit hole u are defending

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Artscollection: 1:20pm On Feb 18
Jagaban2012:

Dangote doesn't need to brag about his wealth for the world to see..the fact speaks for itself... it's a local breed like you who brag about the kitchen.....Perhaps nah part of your father rent or property you sold to buy it
Local champion of Awoyaya, Ibeju Lekki, Abeokuta, Sagamu....keep reigning in your local way....youlast...

This one go be pure ekuke!!! I don't hate or look down on ekuke dog anyway.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by TemmyT002(m): 1:21pm On Feb 18
As long as APC or anyone not related to APC is in power, something closer to this is possible
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Nairalander248: 1:22pm On Feb 18
money121:

Then was the same amount now

Just do this little calculation

How much was your dad salary then, how much is the salary of your dad's post now and calculate how much the salary would buy the cement now and then grin
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by djkirkoo2(m): 1:23pm On Feb 18
Richtaiwo:
Well, not by any chance supporting the current situation of the country, but this comparison no follow at all. If you go backward to let's say 1980, the cost of a bag of cement may even be less than N20. Minimum wage now is 30k, which is being reviewed. What was the average earnings in 1992? Even in the US, where you all take as model, prices of commodities in the nineties are not the same today. Global inflation is the word. As I said, I'm not by any chance supporting the current harsh situation in Nigeria but that comparison is off track.
which kind yeye global inflation that started only under the APC watch?
Another lies please 🙏.

3 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by wizelink(m): 1:24pm On Feb 18
Very soon it's either Naija people start to adulterate cement or they start to slim the bag in order to make more gain. Na Naija we dey, anything goes.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by jubrilELsudan: 1:26pm On Feb 18
HOW MANY PEOPLE COULD EVEN AFFORD THAT TIME TO BUY THAT BAG OF CEMENT FOR 70 NAIRA?

THAT TIME A BRAND NEW MERCEDES BENZ 123 FROM LEVENTIS COST AROUND 15,000 NAIRA......HOW MANY NIGERIANS COULD AFFORD TO BUY IT?

IF THINGS WERE REALLY CHEAP BACK IN THE DAY....THEN WHY DIDN'T OUR GRAND PARENTS AND ANCESTORS BUILD HOUSES EVERYWHERE?

IF TO BUILD HOUSE WAS CHEAP THOSE DAYS THEN WHY DO WE HAVE EMPTY PLOTS OF FAMILY LANDS IN THE VILLAGE THAT HAVE TURNED INTO FOREST?

IN THE LATE 70'S EARLY 80'S....TO GO TO MY VILLAGE IN THE MIDDLE BELT AREA BY BUS WAS 10 NAIRA......HOW MANY PEOPLE COULD AFFORD TO PAY THAT 10 NAIRA?

BACK IN THE 80'S....HAVING 1 NAIRA IS LIKE HAVING 10,000 NAIRA TODAY

BACK IN THE DAY WITH 1 NAIRA YOU WILL FVCK ALL THE ASHAWOS IN THE ASHY JOINT AND THEY WILL STILL CALL YOU YES SIR

2 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by LOVEGINO(m): 1:27pm On Feb 18
money121:

come out and protest for ur right.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Curious346: 1:28pm On Feb 18
RainMoreDFARMS:
He said 10 bags of cement for 70N
ok he's right ..

Cuz my dad bought 600 bags in 1990 @ ₦20,000

2 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by abba190: 1:29pm On Feb 18
when i started working in a construction site a bag of cement was 800 now its 8500.

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by mctech(m): 1:30pm On Feb 18
money121:

Mean 1 bag #70

Do you think is possible to happen again in nigeria
This is not correct.
Perhaps he wanted to write N7000 which amounts to N700 per bag.

N70? No.

It was N500 in 2001 so it can never be N70 in 2014.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by abba190: 1:30pm On Feb 18
Nigeria is gone there is no hope for the poors we r living hand to mouth
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by toujurs: 1:32pm On Feb 18
metaluterus:
I bought Dangote cement 8,500 Naira today

Next year it will be 100,000K per bag of cement

8,500? Are you sure it's dangote cement. Bro no try me o! I can move mad atimes.

Dangote knows what he is doing, there are people tinubu shouldn't mess with, look at bua, a tinubu ally who said he will sell cement for 3500, bua and dangote are competing on who could sell higher.

This is what monopoly can cause. Tinubu already is daft, he should bring in, capable hands that would humble these manufacturers, all these his tribal yoruba association of Apc, would only cause more harm.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by wrongman665(m): 1:34pm On Feb 18
Asura:
That 34k is like 60+ million naira in today's Nigeria
God why do brink to this sheett..country
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by kpompey: 1:34pm On Feb 18
Jagaban2012:

Daddy's boy... It is high time you take responsibility for your life and stop sharing what your daddy has achieved...

Your mate dey build estate within a Year and you are still here sharing nonsense.....

How many estate u don build. Nigeria is in mess, Tinubu is clueless. We have limestone and gypsum, yet we are buying cement at 10500. It sounded like a joke, but it is high time we end the era of this useless old men in power.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by delpee(f): 1:34pm On Feb 18
ZombiePUNISHER:

Sai Tinubu

I'm voting Tinubu in 2027 to teach some people politics

cheesy grin

The reality is that none of the contestants could have done better. The ditch has been dug so deep by the last government.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by ud4u: 1:35pm On Feb 18
Some peoples reasoning is awkward, the comparison is the rate at which things increases very fast and in multiples unlike before it increases gradually.

Of course things changes as the world keep evolving but the margin at which things changes under APC led government is unimaginable, let the truth be told.

2 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by ud4u: 1:36pm On Feb 18
delpee:

The reality is that none of the contestants could have done better. The ditch has been dug so deep by the last government.

Story for the gods
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by oaugraduate1234(m): 1:36pm On Feb 18
About 1, 890+ People

Are Using This MMBR

Secret Importation Business

Training To Import High Quality

Products & Goods From China,

UK, US, Dubia, Turkey,

Bangladesh And You Can Start Importing Today!

Kindly click the link below to watch the free video and to get started

https:///wvjwe
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by yommen: 1:37pm On Feb 18
You dey fall our hand self. You are talking of 32 years ago.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by paskal16: 1:37pm On Feb 18
Jagaban2012:

olodo rapata see this iragbiji fool wey dey live for kwara slum dey talk lmao

3 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by zoghys: 1:38pm On Feb 18
money121:

It will only happen when pigs fly.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by adioolayi(m): 1:38pm On Feb 18
money121:

Have you asked your Dad how easy it was for him to purchase those 10 bags of cement back then

Or you think #1 yesterday is same as #1 today

If it was easy to get #70 a bag of cement back then, you will also have millions of home owners grin grin grin

So, it wasn't that easy...as it is not that easy today!

grin cheesy grin
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by LeeSmart: 1:39pm On Feb 18
At this rate even the most poorest man in my village can be able to build a house now
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by blowjohn(m): 1:39pm On Feb 18
Witchcraft has taken over the government but una no go hear.

Paranormal and abnormal activities everywhere.

Una never see anything.

So disappointed in the government.

Our church leaders are busy preaching miracle money

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa / First Bank Reacts To Failed Robbery Incident At Abuja Branch / Entrepreneurship Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.