Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,087 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) (64043 Views)

BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction / How Lucrative Is Selling Of Cement? / Dangote Crashes Cement Online Sales Price, Signs On Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by LeeSantos(m): 12:38pm On Feb 18
Richtaiwo:
Well, not by any chance supporting the current situation of the country, but this comparison no follow at all. If you go backward to let's say 1980, the cost of a bag of cement may even be less than N20. Minimum wage now is 30k, which is being reviewed. What was the average earnings in 1992? Even in the US, where you all take as model, prices of commodities in the nineties are not the same today. Global inflation is the word. As I said, I'm not by any chance supporting the current harsh situation in Nigeria but that comparison is off track.

Go and research price of groceries in the USA from 1960 till date and compare it Nigeria 2000 till date. And come back to edit this rubbish you typed up

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by money121(m): 12:45pm On Feb 18
Curious346:
32yrs ago cement was not upto ₦70
That's 32yrs

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:57pm On Feb 18
metaluterus:
I bought Dangote cement 8,500 Naira today

Next year it will be 100,000K per bag of cement

The way inflation is galloping like a prize-winning horse, some could even accuse you of being a tad optimistic in your prediction! shocked

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by BarrElChapo(m): 12:57pm On Feb 18
Udo 😀

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Hassanmaye(m): 1:00pm On Feb 18
money121:
He bought 10bags of cement at rate of #700

Mean 1 bag #70 shocked shocked

Do you think is possible to happen again in nigeria?

fergie001, Mynd44, OAM4J Seun Nlfpmod
We are Dead now in this country,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by themanderon: 1:00pm On Feb 18
matify83:
Hmmm!

I'm speechless.

Just 2014 here, I was buying cement at 1300. I can't just comprehend why inflation can take that 50kg of dust to 8k and beyond.

To worsen matters, it's not like people's income has increased exponentially to match the spiralling inflation rates.

Apc came to steal kill and to destroy. What is it going to take for us Nigerians to understand this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by GreatrAnalyst: 1:02pm On Feb 18
I recall back when it was 50 naira, in the very beginning of 90's or so.
Today, memory almost looks like it was never true. Yet I was so true and real.

Guess a lot has happened to Nigeria, and still happening.

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by AuwalYusuf812(m): 1:02pm On Feb 18
Even if Bua & Dangote want to reduce the price, that dog inside villa won't agree. He has promised to deal with Nigerians who refuses to vote for him.

Am not bothered because Military will take over soon shocked undecided

6 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by otomatic(m): 1:04pm On Feb 18
ValarDoharis:
Why didnt you include the year.

Modified: prob I missed it in the title

Check the picture again. It's written at the bottom just before the signature.

4 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 1:05pm On Feb 18
Curious346:
32yrs ago cement was not upto ₦70
He said 10 bags of cement for 70N

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by santaclaws: 1:05pm On Feb 18
Interesting
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Olajide200(m): 1:08pm On Feb 18
That was in Nigeria not here

4 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Asura: 1:08pm On Feb 18
That 34k is like 60+ million naira in today's Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Boldideas: 1:09pm On Feb 18
money121:

Hmm.... aah.. Do you know the value of N700 of that time? That 700box was a lot of money bro!!! A Honda accord brand new was sold for N5,000 in 1982. A cartoon of peak milk liquid was N18.00

4 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Perostick(m): 1:09pm On Feb 18
matify83:
Hmmm!

I'm speechless.

Just 2014 here, I was buying cement at 1300. I can't just comprehend why inflation can take that 50kg of dust to 8k and beyond.

To worsen matters, it's not like people's income has increased exponentially to match the spiralling inflation rates.

all what is economically happening now in Nigeria is like I'm dreaming.

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Bombshellen(f): 1:09pm On Feb 18
Wow. things were so cheap then o.

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Originalsly: 1:10pm On Feb 18
money121:

What was your dad's salary 32 years ago? ... do you think it is possible to happen again in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by yungchop: 1:10pm On Feb 18
Jagaban2012:

Shoe get size....you a local breed ..I'm an international breed...I can see the kitchen you call the building......in the village of a blind people one - eye man is their village king.... perhaps nah Mowe Ofada...or Samgotedo, Awoyaya of Ilorin...or even Kaduna...house nah house...

perhaps you are not part of those to whom EFCC may pay a visit shortly...

Guy rest...

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Konquest: 1:10pm On Feb 18
money121:

1992... Impressive. You folks are good record keepers in your family.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Adesina18111(m): 1:10pm On Feb 18
Is the OMO ERU for me... grin grin

money121:

Local ti ja owo
Aliamudulilahi for the kitchen
Let see urs int'l man grin grin

Omo eru

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by money121(m): 1:10pm On Feb 18
RainMoreDFARMS:
He said 10 bags of cement for 70N
No #70 per bag

So 10bags is #700

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Artscollection: 1:10pm On Feb 18
Jagaban2012:

Shoe get size....you a local breed ..I'm an international breed...I can see the kitchen you call the building......in the village of a blind people one - eye man is their village king.... perhaps nah Mowe Ofada...or Samgotedo, Awoyaya of Ilorin...or even Kaduna...house nah house...

perhaps you are not part of those to whom EFCC may pay a visit shortly...

International maga!! Eating oyibo soft chicken up n down and dont talk down on people because you are on a faceless forum,the young man showed you proof n i believe you must be tucked in one room apartment eating soft chicken without peper up n down in this fucking winter because pepper is a bit expensive now.

Anyone living abroad or forming any international shit and talking down on people back home is a nobody!!!

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Ashirioluwa: 1:10pm On Feb 18
kwaso2:

Which location pls?

It’s 8500 naira per bag in Sango ota area of Ogun State as at yesterday morning

3 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by reiddecuti: 1:11pm On Feb 18
money121:

People should not be lost in asking "if this or that is possible in Nigeria."

Nigeria is structured in such a way that "that things that are impossible in other countries are possible in Nigeria.

That's why you heard such annoying news as 'snake swallowed money' and nothing happened, 'monkey swallowed money' and nothing still happen. A country where criminals, bandits, terrorists will attack villages kill people in tense, hundreds, tense of hundreds and nothing still happens.

Should I continue to list 'em all out?

Welcome to Nigeria of all possibilities both good and bad.

I'm no longer surprise, why because Nigeria is structured for such to always happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Salubata(m): 1:11pm On Feb 18
U are the braggadocios here angry
Jagaban2012:

Dangote doesn't need to brag about his wealth for the world to see..the fact speaks for itself... it's a local breed like you who brag about the kitchen.....Perhaps nah part of your father rent or property you sold to buy it
Local champion of Awoyaya, Ibeju Lekki, Abeokuta, Sagamu....keep reigning in your local way....youlast...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Runaway: 1:12pm On Feb 18
...and your dad will be increasing the house rent like he built the house today ...

3 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by occfx: 1:12pm On Feb 18
money121:

The zoo aren't producing anything and population is increasing consequently, cost of living will continue getting high because the people at the top don't know how to generate wealth and the igbos are sidelined
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Kilometres: 1:12pm On Feb 18
Okay
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by RickyJesus: 1:12pm On Feb 18
matify83:
Hmmm!

I'm speechless.

That should have a positive effect on price of property? May 30% increment in the past 3 months. What do you think?
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by GeneralPula: 1:12pm On Feb 18
That 32 years ago, how many people get 700?

2 Likes

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by shedy03(m): 1:12pm On Feb 18
money121:

it won't have been this cheap then if it was dangote or BUA.🤣🤣🤣
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Salubata(m): 1:12pm On Feb 18
I love you, he's indeed Omo eru cheesy
money121:

Local ti ja owo
Aliamudulilahi for the kitchen
Let see urs int'l man grin grin

Omo eru

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Entrepreneurship Development / Dangote's 2.6million Rice Mill In Kebbi State (Photos) / Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.