Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) (64061 Views)

BUA Reduces The Price Of Cement To ₦3,500 Per Bag, Promises Further Reduction / How Lucrative Is Selling Of Cement? / Dangote Crashes Cement Online Sales Price, Signs On Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by money121(m): 9:17pm On Feb 18
demoBaba:

Ask your Daddy his salary at that time.
Successful BusinessMan cool
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Cromagnon: 9:56pm On Feb 18
metaluterus:
I bought Dangote cement 8,500 Naira today

Next year it will be 100,000K per bag of cement

how much hi your salary
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Cromagnon: 9:58pm On Feb 18
matify83:
Hmmm!

I'm speechless.

Just 2014 here, I was buying cement at 1300. I can't just comprehend why inflation can take that 50kg of dust to 8k and beyond.
Shebi it's dust
Go and pack it yourself na
Leave dangote alone
Then sell your own 1,300

To worsen matters, it's not like people's income has increased exponentially to match the spiralling inflation rates.

now your brain is booting
Has their productivity increased
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Cromagnon: 9:58pm On Feb 18
SalamRushdie:
Shebi you can see it's nothing but a rat race
you can dropout na since you don't want to race
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by metaluterus(f): 10:00pm On Feb 18
Cromagnon:
how much hi your salary

280k monthly
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by headboyprince(m): 10:09pm On Feb 18
jubrilELsudan:
HOW MANY PEOPLE COULD EVEN AFFORD THAT TIME TO BUY THAT BAG OF CEMENT FOR 70 NAIRA?

THAT TIME A BRAND NEW MERCEDES BENZ 123 FROM LEVENTIS COST AROUND 15,000 NAIRA......HOW MANY NIGERIANS COULD AFFORD TO BUY IT?

IF THINGS WERE REALLY CHEAP BACK IN THE DAY....THEN WHY DIDN'T OUR GRAND PARENTS AND ANCESTORS BUILD HOUSES EVERYWHERE?

IF TO BUILD HOUSE WAS CHEAP THOSE DAYS THEN WHY DO WE HAVE EMPTY PLOTS OF FAMILY LANDS IN THE VILLAGE THAT HAVE TURNED INTO FOREST?

IN THE LATE 70'S EARLY 80'S....TO GO TO MY VILLAGE IN THE MIDDLE BELT AREA BY BUS WAS 10 NAIRA......HOW MANY PEOPLE COULD AFFORD TO PAY THAT 10 NAIRA?

BACK IN THE 80'S....HAVING 1 NAIRA IS LIKE HAVING 10,000 NAIRA TODAY

BACK IN THE DAY WITH 1 NAIRA YOU WILL FVCK ALL THE ASHAWOS IN THE ASHY JOINT AND THEY WILL STILL CALL YOU YES SIR
this isn't 70 or 80s but ordinary 1992. Check well before you vomit trash.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Dundalk(m): 10:11pm On Feb 18
headboyprince:
this isn't 70 or 80s but ordinary 1992. Check well before you vomit trash.
1992 is ordinary

grin
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by matify83: 10:14pm On Feb 18
Cromagnon:

Shebi it's dust
Go and pack it yourself na
Leave dangote alone
Then sell your own 1,300

now your brain is booting
Has their productivity increased

What do you mean by productivity.

Do you understand what it means when ILO stipulates earning a living wage ?

Have you heard of the Fair labour standard Act (FLSA) in America ?

How do you increase productivity when the factors of production are not attainable?

Have you even considered that workers satisfaction with their remuneration also improves productivity?

Don't be throwing language you pick off the screen to make yourself feel intelligent my guy.

I will want to excuse your ill-mannered reply to my post but I will not accord you this courtesy in your next trial.

Good day mister!
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by headboyprince(m): 10:14pm On Feb 18
Dundalk:
1992 is ordinary

grin
yes it's. From 70 to 10k. The gap is too much

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by headboyprince(m): 11:03pm On Feb 18
Dennisochampa:
p

No economy from 10 years ago have remained the same since then.....

If you can point out one thing that the price or cost have remained the same in the UK, USA, Switzerland or Canada for the past 10 years... I'll gift you 1m ASAP...

The problem with alot of us is that we are still living in the past.....

There are alot of factors responsible for the transformation over the past 10 years...

I know things are inflated in 9ja but what I don't understand is your question of whether things can go back to the way they were......

Can you go back to the way you were 10 years ago??

Here in the UK, a bag of 20kg cement sells for between 10 pounds to 18 pounds.... Convert that to naira..... Not all that glitters is gold.... Things can never go back to the way they were in 9ja.... We can only hope and pray for improvements
Kia don't even go there. 10 pounds is not up to minimum wage per hour in UK. With your daily wage you can buy 10 bags. 3 months minimum wage in Nigeria can't buy up to 10 bags. A whole 90 days not upt to a day wage crazy.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by SSpeter(m): 12:26am On Feb 19
nairalanda1:

Yep, you are right, and the people criticising you don't know it.

The reason why we have massive inflation under tinubu is simple....for decades we spent billions of dollars to maintain the illusion the naira was stronger than it was.

Come may 29, 2023, the forex reserve was down to 4 billion dollars and our dollar income was eaten up by debt servicing. A lot of it. SO, the illusion cracked, and here we are with the results...massive inflation.

At least it is still tinubu's fault. If He and buhari had kept quiet in 2012, by now we might have been over the worst.
Did you know we have started paying subsidies? Last month 907billion was spent in subsidy. Did you also know that the CBN has started intervening in the Forex markets by selling to the banks. We are now doing exactly the same thing we renounced in May. We did the right thing hurriedly and foolishly and it became a disaster
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Cromagnon: 1:49am On Feb 19
matify83:

This statement explains everything I need to know about where your mind is at

Ignorance

Is it Ilo that will come and farm for you or where do you think the food comes from

is this America
Are you as productive as America

You don't even know what productivity means. SMH

How do you increase productivity when the factors of production are not attainable?

Land boku
Labour wasting
Entrepreneurship is up to you
Capital is not a problem for competent entrepreneur

So which factor is unattainable
You no get land for your village
Are you lazy
You no wan take risk Abi

You not ready

As you can see you rather complain than do the needful

Have you even considered that workers satisfaction with their remuneration also improves productivity?

If you not satisfied then quit
But lazy ppl don't do that
They rather blame everyone for their problems

Don't be throwing language you pick off the screen to make yourself feel intelligent my guy.
You're the one who doesn't know what productivity is πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I will want to excuse your ill-mannered reply to my post but I will not accord you this courtesy in your next trial.
You think speaking in Shakespearean English makes you sound smarter

Good day mister!

breakfast loading
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Cromagnon: 1:51am On Feb 19
metaluterus:

280k monthly
Ask your dad how much his salary was 32 yrs ago
You will realise it's equivalent

Cement has inflated
So has your salary

Those days people's salary was in 4 figures not 6 like yours
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by nairalanda1(m): 7:12am On Feb 19
SSpeter:
Did you know we have started paying subsidies? Last month 907billion was spent in subsidy. Did you also know that the CBN has started intervening in the Forex markets by selling to the banks. We are now doing exactly the same thing we renounced in May. We did the right thing hurriedly and foolishly and it became a disaster

Yes, and the subsidy costs have risen because

1.Naira is now devalued..

2.Production costs of fuel have risen a whole lot.

The honest truth is that we have been protected from high fuel prices for decades...and now that protection is wearing off because it is becoming darn too expensive.

CBN can't do much, as we have to earn more forex, before we can see the light of day. Government isn't doing much about that.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by SSpeter(m): 7:25am On Feb 19
nairalanda1:

Yes, and the subsidy costs have risen because

1.Naira is now devalued..

2.Production costs of fuel have risen a whole lot.

The honest truth is that we have been protected from high fuel prices for decades...and now that protection is wearing off because it is becoming darn too expensive.

CBN can't do much, as we have to earn more forex, before we can see the light of day. Government isn't doing much about that.
that is what the government wants you to believe but that is not true. I have been a banker and worked in advisory services to banks. We have the money to support subsidy payments. Our only problem was wastage of public funds. What is the rationale behind removing subsidies and then increasing states FAAC for the governors to embezzle? What is the rationale of removing subsidies and then you are trying to create a shabby welfare system where the money is continually being embezzled ? The government wants you to be gaslighted and you deeply buying into their cheap propaganda.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by nairalanda1(m): 7:41am On Feb 19
SSpeter:
that is what the government wants you to believe but that is not true. I have been a banker and worked in advisory services to banks. We have the money to support subsidy payments. Our only problem was wastage of public funds. What is the rationale behind removing subsidies and then increasing states FAAC for the governors to embezzle? What is the rationale of removing subsidies and then you are trying to create a shabby welfare system where the money is continually being embezzled ? The government wants you to be gaslighted and you deeply buying into their cheap propaganda.

Actually, we don't.

AT LEAST Not to the point where you can buy fuel at N200 or less. Or even N700 or less.

Debt servicing is eating about 90% of our revenue, before the latest partial removal. Also, we have 4 billion dollars in the reserve. And anyway, we produce 1.5 m barrels per day of crude, which would yield enough revenue if we were as small as LIbya.

Also, as a banker, you should know that subsidy means a price control, which limits profit, and which can be damaging to any industry it is placed on.

And the corruption is inherent to subsidy. Once you limit profit making, shenaigans result.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by predictor1: 9:15am On Feb 19
Curious346:
32yrs ago cement was not upto ₦70
It depends on the location. In 1993 it was #50 somewhere in Oyo state.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Jagaban2012: 7:03pm On Feb 19
Ezegozie:

Online warrior.
Show us your own building. He don show his own.
I believe this has taught you a lesson to stop underrating anyone you see online.
See the number of likes his comment attracted. Over 100 likes.
He just put you back to your place of online noise making with zero proof

Jobless youth who has the time to count the number of likes....the age different between you and Seun Oshewa can't be much....yet...he has sth precious to do with his life than counting "likes" and "share"/ on Nairaland
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Jagaban2012: 7:12pm On Feb 19
nospmoht:

I am sure you are older than him. Even hut you never build. You probably squatting with someone but you carry your cheap phone to type rubbish. After you vote for Tinubu

Assumption is the greatest form of madness... Your assumption about me that you haven't met in your life makes you a Fo_L...keep typing craps from your anus....

Ebi ooooooooooooooooo

Oni kuure
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by nospmoht(m): 10:38pm On Feb 19
Jagaban2012:

Assumption is the greatest form of madness... Your assumption about me that you haven't met in your life makes you a Fo_L...keep typing craps from your anus....

Ebi ooooooooooooooooo

Oni kuure
Oshey assumptions. Shut up
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Ezegozie(m): 11:11pm On Feb 19
Jagaban2012:

Jobless youth who has the time to count the number of likes....the age different between you and Seun Oshewa can't be much....yet...he has sth precious to do with his life than counting "likes" and "share"/ on Nairaland
Worthless entity always counting the achievements of others and ignoring his worthless self grin

Online warrior offline slavee
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Psoul(m): 9:24am On Feb 21
Richtaiwo:
Well, not by any chance supporting the current situation of the country, but this comparison no follow at all. If you go backward to let's say 1980, the cost of a bag of cement may even be less than N20. Minimum wage now is 30k, which is being reviewed. What was the average earnings in 1992? Even in the US, where you all take as model, prices of commodities in the nineties are not the same today. Global inflation is the word. As I said, I'm not by any chance supporting the current harsh situation in Nigeria but that comparison is off track

At least then, economy was relatively good and stable. You can make a budget to build house with your savings of one year and that your budget will still be relevant.
Make a budget of a project you want to go into in the next one month with the current process of things and see if the process will still be valid in 2 weeks time.

Back then, if you cannot engage in big projects, at least you can feed well.

Now, you can't do any project. You can't feed. You're not even sure of your life. Your can die even when inside your room. Your can't go to farm.

Please, you can't compare those two periods.
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by GreaterFuture(m): 7:20pm On Feb 21
grandstar:

1984/1985
Ok.
You've been around for a while
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by grandstar(m): 8:49pm On Feb 21
GreaterFuture:

Ok.
You've been around for a while

Yeah
I was in my first form 1 when Buhari seized power.

I was in my second form 1 when IBB seized power. I went from a bad public school to an expensive private one

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by GreaterFuture(m): 9:27pm On Feb 21
grandstar:

Yeah
I was in my first form 1 when Buhari seized power.

I was in my second form 1 when IBB seized power. I went from a bad public school to an expensive private one
But you don't really seem or come across like it...
Like you've been around for so long.

Also I remember your moniker always being Female, why now male?
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by grandstar(m): 9:50pm On Feb 21
GreaterFuture:

But you don't really seem or come across like it...
Like you've been around for so long.

Also I remember your moniker already being Female, why now male?

I have always been male and very young at heart. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by officialfestus(m): 12:48am On Feb 25
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Cromagnon: 5:47am On Mar 14
matify83:

This the problem
You don't even speak English and you're arguing with your chest

Plant 1 yam
Then tell Ilo to come and stipulate 365 yams for you and your family?
Shebi the minimum yam will fall from heaven abi?

Is this America
What is your GDP what is theirs?

Name one factor that is not attainable,1.
Land boku
Labour cheap
Capital is wasting
Entrepreneur maybe cos y'all lazy as duck

Again you can't plant 1 yam (productivity) then be annoyed that you only harvested one yam (salary)

You better learn what the language means before talking in public

You think you have a monopoly of badmouth
Na you go run last if you run your mouth anyhow

Good day mister!

Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Jagaban2012: 5:40pm On Mar 15
Ezegozie:

Worthless entity always counting the achievements of others and ignoring his worthless self grin

Online warrior offline slavee

So painful...

Her a tissue paper to wipe your horrible tears

The richest man in the jungle.......I see you ....you don't need to show yourself...keep wasting your useless life...while it lasts...
Re: See The Amount My Daddy Bought 10bags of Cement 32yrs Ago (see Here) by Ezegozie(m): 7:01am On Mar 16
Jagaban2012:

So painful...

Her a tissue paper to wipe your horrible tears

The richest man in the jungle.......I see you ....you don't need to show yourself...keep wasting your useless life...while it lasts...

I am surprised that you didn't mention the achievements of Wiskid or Davido in this your trashy post grin.
The only person on earth always mentioning the achievement of others ignoring his worthless asss.
Keep on swimming in the ocean of self deceit. Anα»₯ ofia

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dangote's 2.6million Rice Mill In Kebbi State (Photos) / Entrepreneurship Development / Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.