Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt (26884 Views)

Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs / Naira Hits ₦2,000/1£ At Parallel Market (From ₦1930/£) / Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Procashtips(m): 6:05pm On Feb 20
Larryndelaw:
Everybody is talking about $, $ and $ including those who don't have anything to do with $

In Nigeria
Everything is linked to $$$ since we no wan get sense.

Directly or indirectly, everything is linked to USD

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Emman08: 6:05pm On Feb 20
Helter skelter governance. With all the great minds Nigeria has, it's drunkards and drug addicts managing the economy.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by lexy2014: 6:05pm On Feb 20
ironheart:
Government need to scrap those BDC guys. They are a bunch of cabals, everyone should go to the bank to get there Money changed. Official Naira price will continue to chase the BDC price

are BDCs the reason why the naira is falling against the dollar?

5 Likes

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Larryndelaw: 6:06pm On Feb 20
ceejay80s:
We are online crying and making noise instead of destroying government properties only, they can't be eating turkey and driving expensive cars while we are suffering...
We need to end this...if we do , the next government will be afraid to do rubbish
So you want to be destroying govt properties. That your sense needs to be reset.
So after destroying what's next. They will budget for it again and use your money rebuild it.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:06pm On Feb 20
pocohantas:
Hmmmm. They should give all us our passports and open the borders. Let's find our way.

I would never have guessed that someone can be a worse leader than Buhari.

That weak shoeless man @ GEJ shouldn't have given Buhari the mantle.

A diehard balablu protégé spotted.

Thank you.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by pocom16: 6:07pm On Feb 20
ussv:
There are forces behind this. Few people that keep benefitting from this. This is never going to stop.
The forces behind this was introduced as soon as Tinubu floated the currency

5 Likes

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Omalicious1: 6:07pm On Feb 20
post=128555131:

Source: https://gazettengr.com/naira-hits-n1825-to-dollar-despite-efcc-gun-rescue-attempt/

E go reach 2k, and when senate invites the CBN Governor, he will come with a typed document, read it to them, take a bow and go.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Chummynoni(m): 6:07pm On Feb 20
Newton1045:
No problem

Let dollar continue going. We don't care

Our currency is naira.

When naira tire to chase Dollar, it wud rest
really? I dont think you know the devastating effect of this. It would have been better if Nigeria is a producing country. We import virtually everything. High exchange rate means high price of goods and services which means harship, starvation, poverty

7 Likes

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by sterlingD(m): 6:07pm On Feb 20
I saw it earlier today and l refused to believe it waiting for further confirmation. Mehn what the heck is going on..Earlier today l had said the below

sterlingD:
The rate at which things are going looking at current projections if care is not taken and if nothing concrete is done it will pass N2,000 by the end of first quarter of the year.

The rate at our currency Naira is deprecating is now frightening and scary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by t2luv1: 6:07pm On Feb 20
GarbaAudu:
This is becoming Papa ajasco drama. Some cartels are hell bend of making Nigeria a laughing stock.

Aboki people are now showing the whole Country that they control the money supply within that Real Estate called Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by livinbygrace: 6:07pm On Feb 20
Nigeria is gone ,very soon ,Una go dey apply for visa to enter Benin Republic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by ceejay80s(m): 6:08pm On Feb 20
ironheart:
Government need to scrap those BDC guys. They are a bunch of cabals, everyone should go to the bank to get there Money changed. Official Naira price will continue to chase the BDC price
There will be no difference, we are who we are , very evil and corrupt. Banks will turn BDC and adopt same system, u go enter bank and they will tell u they don't have dollar but sell higher to rich men, na same

2 Likes

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Bebigiby1: 6:08pm On Feb 20
Nigerians remain docile as evil APC government continue the economic destruction agenda…. In the end we will learn by force…
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Newton1045: 6:08pm On Feb 20
lexy2014:

are BDCs the reason for the fall of the naira?

Yes. 50%
They always put markup to make profit
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:09pm On Feb 20
pocohantas:
Hmmmm. They should give all us our passports and open the borders. Let's find our way.

I would never have guessed that someone can be a worse leader than Buhari.

That weak shoeless man @ GEJ shouldn't have given Buhari the mantle.

A diehard balablu protégé spotted. lipsrsealed

Pocohantas, why did you move my post up there. Haba Poco, what does that justify. Are you being paid for the number of likes you get on NL?

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by ceejay80s(m): 6:09pm On Feb 20
Larryndelaw:
So you want to be destroying govt properties. That your sense needs to be reset.
So after destroying what's next. They will budget for it again and use your money rebuild it.
Sidon for ur house make hungry dey wire u wey get sense for nyash....let it all be destroyed, then they will fear the citizens
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Pascal9: 6:10pm On Feb 20
Tntsi:
We warned and warned that Nigeria was at the point of death and that due to the prayers and cries of the innocent , Divinity selected and prepared a team that should pull out our nation from the clip of death and bring her to a new Nigeria.

Podatti are ordinary people but prepared and selected by divinity and given the grace to rescue Nigeria from falling off to death.
The love and acceptance was beyond the ordinary. It was something that divinity personal orchestrated.

There is a curse on the land of Nigeria which is a consequence of the desecration of the land by the tinubu in his desperate quest for power.
Brace up yourselves because it's going to get worse.
Nobody is sabotaging anything. Tinubu and his gang are the sabotagers that sabotaged the system, removed the ancient landmark set by the land and desecrated the land all in a bid to grab power.
He is on a cursed mandate. Nothing will come from it .
why didn't the same divinity make them win, or is it a eeak divinity
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by shegzbillionz(m): 6:10pm On Feb 20
Where are those mumus counting tinubu campaign crowds before election, shey na d crowd una dey chop now eh, cursed people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by rapheal5(m): 6:10pm On Feb 20
Londonferry:
Baba show me the way too abeg. Make me sef dey earn dollars every 3 days.
if him show you way make I bend...

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Newton1045: 6:10pm On Feb 20
Chummynoni:
really? I dont think you know the devastating effect of this. It would have been better if Nigeria is a producing country. We import virtually everything. High exchange rate means high price of goods and services which means harship, starvation, poverty

The best in field have being trying and we are going down.
As at now, we ve no choice.
This is the worst decline.
I think we are helpless.
FG won't listen to the best brain

2 Likes

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by OmoNla99: 6:10pm On Feb 20
AllenSpencer:
Foreigners that invested in Nigeria 5 years ago will be crying

Why I always tell people in diaspora, Nigeria is not worth investing except you are coming home finally!

Investment has been rubbishes! You can’t even recoup your money if you sell it. 🤣🤣🤣

To make it worse, the government of the day has been telling people how India, uae etc are bringing in dollars to invest in an unstable and insecure Nigeria economy.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Ijobaorun(m): 6:11pm On Feb 20
Where did we get it wrong?
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 6:11pm On Feb 20
Thank you our former darling Daddy Buhari

Thank you our former Darling Mummy Aisha

Thank you our New Darling Daddy TINUBU

Thank you our New Darling Mummy Rotimi

We @ Mannerless grill love you ......

Your Government will favour us and our Family

Those against a new Nigeria in hardship will die in poverty.....

We love your hardship style ...

Give us more Sir ...

Oooh Daddy !!! Oooh Daddy!!!

Long live TINUBU
Long live Nigeria
Long live lovers of Propaganda Government

From all of us @ Mannerless grill...... grin angry angry grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Ashawoman82: 6:12pm On Feb 20
marlow1962:

Nigerians are cowards, dollar is not our currency, so why will sometimes not ours determines and controls us?
We e no concern me, tinubu all the way.
u are not OK, what do we produce... $ will continue to determine our economy provided we remain import dependent... What do we export in this country?... Useless policy from BAT brought us to this situation to us, how can u float the naira knowing fully well we rely on importation for even little things like tooth pick and tissue paper..

2 Likes

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by mrdharkchild(m): 6:12pm On Feb 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I have always respected your I/Q but this comment of your's doesn't add up in the realities around the world. I was in Canada a few weeks ago, the same Canada of a few years ago has really changed so much that, I had to make my purchases in non branding stores where things are cheaper. Funny how I started meeting people I use to meet in the super markets, I don't mean Nigerians but Canadians. The exchange rate of Canadian Dollar to American Dollar has shut up. Interest rate has shut up. Things are not easy. It's even much more difficult in the U.K, very difficult. My point is, why is it so? Is it bad leadership?

Nigeria will stabilize. It's a phase. If GEJ had removed the subsidy then, of course this is what we will go through or even worse but it would have been in the past.

I stay in the same Canada and all I can say is, never put Canada or US in the same sentence with Nigeria.

Interest rates shut up, price of housing increased, but they don't spike in one direction. By time the conservatives enter power, watch how it will subsidize.

I'd advice you to go back to Nigeria and do the comparison.

Please never compare Nigeria with those countries.

Every where is good for you, that's why you're saying rubbish.

I lose respect for you.
I pity your kids, too.

You err in fair judgements

12 Likes

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by GboyegaD(m): 6:13pm On Feb 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I have always respected your I/Q but this comment of your's doesn't add up in the realities around the world. I was in Canada a few weeks ago, the same Canada of a few years ago has really changed so much that, I had to make my purchases in non branding stores where things are cheaper. Funny how I started meeting people I use to meet in the super markets, I don't mean Nigerians but Canadians. The exchange rate of Canadian Dollar to American Dollar has shut up. Interest rate has shut up. Things are not easy. It's even much more difficult in the U.K, very difficult. My point is, why is it so? Is it bad leadership?

Nigeria will stabilize. It's a phase. If GEJ had removed the subsidy then, of course this is what we will go through or even worse but it would have been in the past.

What stores do you purchase from before and what stores are the non-branded ones you go now?

4 Likes

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by faithfull18(f): 6:13pm On Feb 20
Okay.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by boxypane(m): 6:14pm On Feb 20
Tinubu!!!! Bring back Subsidy!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Ashawoman82: 6:15pm On Feb 20
Typing:

Before he finish, no child will remain in one Region. As them go don sell all the Children for that Side. To enable them buy food grin grin grin
guy continue ur stupidity, e go soon clear for ur eyes, I'm guessing u are a kid still under his parent
.. Soon you'll understand how bad things are not just a particular region but the whole Nigeria...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Hezzyluv: 6:15pm On Feb 20
BigDawsNet:
If you have plan for japa

Just wave it goodbye for now unless ur parent or sponsor works in Shell or CBN or with fed government

Those dat hav successfully japa... I congratulate u once again

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I still believe in miracles sha. cry cry
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by gigfx: 6:15pm On Feb 20
Dollar to naira price exchange that the citizens don't bother themselves about before, it is now a determined factor in the way they live their life. What a shame.

This as a result of one governor who collected all the glory of all the past, present and future governors of Lagos state.

In Buhari's voice, this is just the beginning.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by sweetkev(m): 6:15pm On Feb 20
Omalicious1:

E go reach 2k, and when senate invites the CBN Governor, he will come with a typed document, read it to them, take a bow and go.
As usual grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike / See How Nigerians Spend For Christmas / Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.