Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,913 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Atheists Debate Religionists * - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Debate Religionists * (7877 Views)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists / You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Image123(m): 12:47pm On Feb 22
PoliteActivist:

So are you reverting to religion being logical? If so, how? Note that I said it is OK to believe the universe was spoken into existence some 6000 years ago because it says so in the Bible, just don't say it is logical

So much fallacy in one fellow. i didn't say either, you are trying to fit me into your preconceived positions. BTW, the Bible says nothing about the universe being spoken into existence some 6000 years. All these pointless fallacious arguments make me facepalm more than necessary. It's not good for my health, lolz.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 1:15pm On Feb 22
Image123:

cheesy cheesy cheesy undecided

undecided

can u help my mum at least?

Or u will just keep ASSUMING that .......whatever?

if u prefer 2 see me tortured(i think u do),
y not say it undecided

ur baseless assumptions are just baseless
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 1:25pm On Feb 22
Image123:

So much fallacy in one fellow. i didn't say either, you are trying to fit me into your preconceived positions. BTW, the Bible says nothing about the universe being spoken into existence some 6000 years. All these pointless fallacious arguments make me facepalm more than necessary. It's not good for my health, lolz.

So what did you say? Remember I'm the umpire, playing devil's advocate for both sides.
Biblically God did say things and they happened, and that was about 6000 years ago.
See below (by a Christian physicist)

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 1:53pm On Feb 22
Aemmyjah:

What is vacuum energy?
Note this
God did not come into existence by himself.

Don't be ignorant
What does the law of energy say?

Please tell our atheist friends how God came into existence
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by isan(m): 1:56pm On Feb 22
Give me examples when God interfere with human life's
Aemmyjah:

So, based on accident qnd operation is your only means to say God does not interfere with human matters?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Image123(m): 1:57pm On Feb 22
PoliteActivist:

So what did you say? Remember I'm the umpire, playing devil's advocate for both sides.
Biblically God did say things and they happened, and that was about 6000 years ago.

smiley
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by bobestman(m): 2:02pm On Feb 22
I am spiritual. I don't belong to either group. I think faith is illogical. In faith your brain is dead. Their are 2 kinds of faith. FAITHFUL AND FAITHFOOLS. A Faithful person uses his brain. He don't just believe anything without proper research. Thomas was the wisest disciple. He never believe untill he saw it that is why we say seeing is believing. A FAITHFOOL man is a foolish man. They have brains but never use it. They believe without research. They are a sheep being fed to be fat not knowing it will soon end up in the belly. They will tell you the world began with Adam and Eve. A simple research on when Adam was created and how old is the world will give a huge difference. They believe everything they read in the book not knowing it was plagiarised from other ancient books written thousand years before the bible. It is all coded and one need KNOWLEDGE to understand. The powers that be removed many things about AFRICANS - the owners of the stories and added themselves. Many christians are FAITHFOOLS
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by FRANCISTOWN: 5:05pm On Feb 22
Aemmyjah:

Where life came from
Why we are here
Where we are going
What the future holds
How to find meaning in life

Questions that atheists, science, philosophers will never answer

Y'all teach nothing but bull craps. Lies upon lies. Things that are very useless in the grand calculus of the universe.

Things that make people stupid, ignorant, depressed and angry.
Foolish things with no proof. Just some wide and bogus talk.
Misinforming people.
Mind you. Misinformation is more dangerous than ignorance.
You don't need to teach. Show

1 Like

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:26pm On Feb 22
Aemmyjah:

Where life came from
Why we are here
Where we are going
What the future holds
How to find meaning in life
Questions that atheists, science, philosophers will never answer

Some people have not eaten you're talking about God who has not come to put eba on their table!

Ọmọ if these hopeless atheists bite you i no dey there o! cheesy
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 5:28pm On Feb 22
FRANCISTOWN:

Y'all teach nothing but bull craps. Lies upon lies. Things that are very useless in the grand calculus of the universe.

Things that make people stupid, ignorant, depressed and angry.
Foolish things with no proof. Just some wide and bogus talk.
Misinforming people.
Mind you. Misinformation is more dangerous than ignorance.
You don't need to teach. Show

Ok
Finding a meaniin life
Our future for mankind
Our purpose on earth
Why we suffer

All these are stupid to you cos atheism teaches you that your life is purposeless and meaningless and without hope and direction
It's like convincing a poor beggar about the value of wealth when the sight of wealthy people irritates him

Shame
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by FRANCISTOWN: 6:01pm On Feb 22
Aemmyjah:

Ok
Finding a meaniin life
Our future for mankind
Our purpose on earth
Why we suffer

All these are stupid to you cos atheism teaches you that your life is purposeless and meaningless and without hope and direction
It's like convincing a poor beggar about the value of wealth when the sight of wealthy people irritates him

Shame
Firstly. Atheism does not teach anyone anything.

Atheism does not do Bible studies and sermons.

Life is not purposeless. There are many christians with lack of directions, purpose and meaning to life. And I can boldly tell you that atheists have lived a more purposeful life than all the christians put together.

And did you just say hope. Hope is the stupidest and most harmful thing on earth
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by bobestman(m): 6:14pm On Feb 22
To balance it up their are also Fools who pretend to be wise. When someone looks at the universe, nature and himself/herself and still say their is no God or Creator, he/she is also a FOOL. God is the summation of all conciousness. The heavens and nature declare his glory. You are a lesser god cos you are created in His image and have his spirit. Can any of them or the ancestor of atheism create anything in the universe? The knowledge they have is given to them by God/god. Their is a god of knowledge. If you are a Gemini chances are that you would be wise. The sign is ruled by the god of wisdom. Their planet is Mercury which is Communication. They are good in entertaiment. Wisdom could be positive or negative. Stargazers could easily locate your star. That of the messiah was seen. These world is ruled by gods. Their is also a Creator of gods. If you don't believe in God but believe in Nature, what is nature if not God. Everything in nature has the footprint of God.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 3:02pm On Feb 23
FRANCISTOWN:

Firstly. Atheism does not teach anyone anything.

Atheism does not do Bible studies and sermons.

Life is not purposeless. There are many christians with lack of directions, purpose and meaning to life. And I can boldly tell you that atheists have lived a more purposeful life than all the christians put together.

And did you just say hope. Hope is the stupidest and most harmful thing on earth

See as you de contradict yourself de yan like pikin
Religion or philosophy is a kind of guide that influences or shapes your thinking and decisions and lifestyle and how we relate with others

If life came by accident (no creator), then life is purposeless. How did atheism define purpose in life?
Richard Dawkins who is one of the most outspoken atheists says life has no purpose. You're a fake or baby atheists...

You say hope is useless. What is hope? Atheism fills your life with pessimism and bitterness. Many sincerely put hope in politicians and science to make things better. You say hope is stupid cos you have no foundation that things will or should get better for the future yet you say atheists can live a purposeful life. Sorry is your surname
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 4:40pm On Feb 23
PoliteActivist:

Fake devils advocate
Can you kindly reference to us showing us where the Bible says universe is 6000 years old or any clue that suggests that date
If you cannot, you're the landlord of Ignorance
Poor advocate. Have you confirmed for yourself that Bible says universe is 6000 years old?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 7:50pm On Feb 23
Aemmyjah:

Religion or philosophy is a kind of guide that influences or shapes your thinking and decisions and lifestyle and how we relate with others

If life came by accident (no creator), then life is purposeless. How did atheism define purpose in life?
Richard Dawkins who is one of the most outspoken atheists says life has no purpose. You're a fake or baby atheists...

You say hope is useless. What is hope? Atheism fills your life with pessimism and bitterness. Many sincerely put hope in politicians and science to make things better. You say hope is stupid cos you have no foundation that things will or should get better for the future yet you say atheists can live a purposeful life. Sorry is your surname

Can u help me with 700naira?

I cant contain anything

Damn
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:19pm On Feb 23
Aemmyjah:

I have told him times without number that he is not a REAL atheist rather he is a misinformed religionist.
REAL atheists won't try to reason with anyone because they have assumed that life is without purpose so what is the essence of chatting with others to convince them into changing their thoughts if life is purposeless?

Only religionists worry about what others think because we believe life has a purpose! smiley
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by FRANCISTOWN: 9:56am On Feb 24
Aemmyjah:

What! Did you just say religion or philosophy? It is the highest level of Ignorance and the peak of academic embarrassment to link religion and philosophy together in the same definition.

It's like saying, Black or white is a very bright colour. Like what is black doin in that statement? What the eff is black doin in that sentence, same as religion. What is religion doin in that definition?

How does religion influences or shapes your thinking and decisions and lifestyle and how we relate with others?
Oh! By believing that a snake talks? Or is it by believing that a man lived 969years? Haa!
The very basis of your religion, christianity is lie. Too many stupid things for stupid people to believe.

Religion doesn't shape anyone's thinking. It depletes anyone's sense of thinking.

Oh! How we relate to one another, oops! By disturbing people with loud noises coming from your services and crusade? Or by threatening people with hell? Maybe it's by demonizing everyone that doesn't believe in your unrealistic faith.

I've understood that the problem many christians have is comprehension, they lack understanding of simple English words.
Because how on earth does hope tantamount to purpose?

You said Atheism fills ones life with hope and bitterness. Man! What a myopic sense of reasoning.
Since when did atheism fill anyone's life with anything? Your religious indoctrinations, charismatics, pentecostalism mumbo jumbo had filled your nervous system that you think atheism must feed someone just like you were being fed in your faith fail.

Mind you, atheism does not fill anyone anything. Atheism doesn't teach, neither do we do sermons, we don't do Bible study. There is no material anywhere in the world that teaches anyone how to be an atheist.
You cannot teach atheism to someone, when atheism in itself is a product of unlearning. A thing you realize by yourself.

Pessimism is a personal thing. And I can tell you that christians are even more pessimistic than atheists. They'd be the one to pray for a certain event so, that their imaginary sky dude can watch over the day because they feel the devil might be up to some mischief. Atheists on the other hand don't give a eff about the devil, and everything begins to look good.

I've already explain how hope is the most evil and dangerous thing on earth in my other thread. And believe me you. Many intelligent people on earth have come to conclude that hope is stupid and evil.
By the way, how does atheism teach bitterness?
By the realization that nobody is coming to save you unless you save yourself?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 1:44pm On Feb 24
FRANCISTOWN:

What! Did you just say religion or philosophy? It is the highest level of Ignorance and the peak of academic embarrassment to link religion and philosophy together in the same definition.

It's like saying, Black or white is a very bright colour. Like what is black doin in that statement? What the eff is black doin in that sentence, same as religion. What is religion doin in that definition?

How does religion influences or shapes your thinking and decisions and lifestyle and how we relate with others?
Oh! By believing that a snake talks? Or is it by believing that a man lived 969years? Haa!
The very basis of your religion, christianity is lie. Too many stupid things for stupid people to believe.

Religion doesn't shape anyone's thinking. It depletes anyone's sense of thinking.

Oh! How we relate to one another, oops! By disturbing people with loud noises coming from your services and crusade? Or by threatening people with hell? Maybe it's by demonizing everyone that doesn't believe in your unrealistic faith.

I've understood that the problem many christians have is comprehension, they lack understanding of simple English words.
Because how on earth does hope tantamount to purpose?

You said Atheism fills ones life with hope and bitterness. Man! What a myopic sense of reasoning.
Since when did atheism fill anyone's life with anything? Your religious indoctrinations, charismatics, pentecostalism mumbo jumbo had filled your nervous system that you think atheism must feed someone just like you were being fed in your faith fail.

Mind you, atheism does not fill anyone anything. Atheism doesn't teach, neither do we do sermons, we don't do Bible study. There is no material anywhere in the world that teaches anyone how to be an atheist.
You cannot teach atheism to someone, when atheism in itself is a product of unlearning. A thing you realize by yourself.

Pessimism is a personal thing. And I can tell you that christians are even more pessimistic than atheists. They'd be the one to pray for a certain event so, that their imaginary sky dude can watch over the day because they feel the devil might be up to some mischief. Atheists on the other hand don't give a eff about the devil, and everything begins to look good.

I've already explain how hope is the most evil and dangerous thing on earth in my other thread. And believe me you. Many intelligent people on earth have come to conclude that hope is stupid and evil.
By the way, how does atheism teach bitterness?
By the realization that nobody is coming to save you unless you save yourself?

We all hope or wish that things get better
Hope is not blind. You work or show it
Many including you hope in politicians to make things better
Other put faith in science
Mankind has invented many things to make life easy for himself
Morals is built on religion, tradition or one's philosophy. Even atheists have things to guide them since they don't feel accountable to a higher power
Hope is stupid to you cos you don't have it and your efforts to bring about a better world is useless. Hope is built on a faulty foundation
My hope is on God. He alone has to power to accomplish everything

Atheist may claim to be wise but they live for the moment like animals - no future, no direction, no hope!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 2:10pm On Feb 25
such a dumb thread
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 9:11pm On Feb 25
Aemmyjah:

Fake devils advocate
Can you kindly reference to us showing us where the Bible says universe is 6000 years old or any clue that suggests that date
If you cannot, you're the landlord of Ignorance
Poor advocate. Have you confirmed for yourself that Bible says universe is 6000 years old?

I keep getting banned. If I'm banned for posting this I'll
know it's a game and quit NL.

So how old is the universe according to the Bible?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 9:42pm On Feb 25
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 9:57pm On Feb 25
Aemmyjah:

You're the atheist
Cunningly trying to create this thread
Atheists have nothing meaningful to teach
Just doubt nd confusion to enforce on others or subtly try to make them to adopt
Faith is not, was not and will never be illogical
Atheism is the definition of illogism

((You and FRANCISTOWN, please help me forward this below to JessicaRabbit, whom I'm beginning to suspect could actually be Seun! I get banned each time I quote "her". If I don't get banned for posting this I'll post more))

*Politeness*
(Always remember, I'm playing devil's advocate for both sides. Each side thinks I'm against them!)

Thanks for your rather patronizing response.cheesy
Au contraire, religionists would say evolution is pure magic. Consider: in, say, a million years, kazam! Monkeys would have evolved to humans? Isnt that definition of pure magic? Never mind they've stayed exactly monkeys for as long as man can remember!

Soo, trial and error did it all, eh? Trial and error is what makes mathematics aligne so perfectly with nature? It is like saying that by trial and error the universe can produce a delicious meal served on a table! But, OK o, what do I know!
The thing is, you don't know the science that you have so much faith in. People who know science very well have told you that science knows almost nothing. You patronizingly dismiss Einstein as "charmingly inaccurate". Same Einstein that came up with ideas that revolutionized our perception of our universe, ideas most of us still can't quite grasp - just by sitting in his study and conducting thought experiments, with no equipments whatsoever. He himself described himself as knowing almost nothing. And not only him, Newton, Socrates, and others came to the same conclusion - that they know almost nothing. But to you science has all the answers, yet the very best of scientists say they know almost nothing. So, please explain to our religionist friends how you know them better than they know themselvs!

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 10:40pm On Feb 25
Since I wasn't banned (as usual) for posting the above, please see the rest of my reply to jessicarabbit below.
(First part is above)

FxMasterz, maynman, Dtruthspeaker, Image123, DrJones109, Jesusjnr2022, LordReed, Jaephoenix, Knownunknown, DeepSight, BBIA HellVictorinho6, SIXFEETUNDER, OkpaNsukkaisBae, Bacteriologist, FRANCISTOWN, SIRTee15, Aemmyjah TheSourcerer. Busybrain2233, 1Sharon, TakeNigeriaBack, Botragelad, isan Fourthpredator, seun, hopefullandlord, bobestman
Lorrayne, HardMirror, Hahn. SlawG, albreezy4eva, Muslim, Dominique, Mrbroke, EnemyofGod2, kkins25, Wilgrea7, A001, Maynthemayn
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by BBIA: 7:45am On Feb 26
PoliteActivist:
Since I wasn't banned (as usual) for posting the above, please see the rest of my reply to jessicarabbit below.
(First part is above)

why the fvck did you quote my moniker?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 3:25pm On Feb 26
PoliteActivist:

I keep getting banned. If I'm banned for posting this I'll
know it's a game and quit NL.

So how old is the universe according to the Bible?

6000 years
According to you
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:34pm On Feb 26
Aemmyjah:

We all hope or wish that things get better
Hope is not blind. You work or show it
Many including you hope in politicians to make things better
Other put faith in science
Mankind has invented many things to make life easy for himself
Morals is built on religion, tradition or one's philosophy. Even atheists have things to guide them since they don't feel accountable to a higher power
Hope is stupid to you cos you don't have it and your efforts to bring about a better world is useless. Hope is built on a faulty foundation
My hope is on God. He alone has to power to accomplish everything

Atheist may claim to be wise but they live for the moment like animals - no future, no direction, no hope!

He doesn't even know what logic means!

What keeps him living if not hope?

Why hasn't he committed suicide or starve himself to death if there's no hope in his thoughts? smiley
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 3:55pm On Feb 26
MaxInDHouse:

He doesn't even know what logic means!

What keeps him living if not hope?

Why hasn't he committed suicide or starve himself to death if there's no hope in his thoughts? smiley

The foolish one says in his heart, there is no Hope

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

***happy Palm Sunday*** / Audio Bible — (Genesis to Revelation.) / What Are Your Plans For Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.