Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,210 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Atheists Debate Religionists * - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Debate Religionists * (7994 Views)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists / You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by DeepSight(m): 4:11pm On Feb 21
Maynthemayn:

What's one forever moment?
You are always in the moment.

Lol, are you not already using the moment to
look left and right?

Moment to Moment, that's it.

Quite correct, good afternoon.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 4:11pm On Feb 21
PoliteActivist:

It is not voodoo AT ALL! It is the essence of faith!
In Hebrews 11 St. Paul says "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see".
How is being SURE of what you hope for logical? How is it logical to believe an entity can say something and it happens just like that - and that's how the universe was created? Faith is not, and doesn't claim to be, logical

If I give you a cheque of 1 million naira, you have not seen the 1 million naira but you are sure you will get it as that cheque is the evidence
I don't have a wire connection from my phone to anywhere but I am sure that I can call someone in another part of the globe. That is made possible by radio waves.
These are examples of faith

God did not just say something. He created all things. Have you seen a contractor that built a house without saying something?
Science tells us that the universe has a beginning. The universe cannot be its own cause
Critical thinking
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 4:13pm On Feb 21
DeepSight:

Unless I am hallucinating your responses or you are a bot, both of which seem eminently unlikely to me.

Because you are not transcendent. You are a mortal being living in this same world with me.

Good
What are your basis that God exists though no one has ever seen him
He's not a mortal being
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Maynthemayn: 4:13pm On Feb 21
DeepSight:

Quite correct, good afternoon.
Existence is always in the now, never in the past or future.

That's one of the things I said about monotheistic influence, you think time was created at a point in existence, but what Moment past when there was no time?

Good afternoon, bro deep sight.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 4:18pm On Feb 21
Aemmyjah:

To illustrate
It's like a Chelsea fan referring a champions league final game against Manchester united

Like the OP, your comments are unfittig

In this my umpire role I'm nobody's fan at all. I am simply playing devil's advocate for both sides.
By the end, if am a good umpire, both sides will see me as biased against them! grin
I don't know how you can say it is logical to say an entity says something and it happens - and that's how the universe was created some 6000 years ago. It is NOT wrong to believe so, but saying it is logical is another issue altogether!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by DeepSight(m): 4:19pm On Feb 21
Maynthemayn:

Existence is always in the now, never in the past or future.

That's one of the things I said about monotheistic influence, you think time was created at a point in existence, but what Moment past when there was no time?

Good afternoon, bro deep sight.

I dont think time was created. Time is self existent.
Good afternoon.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Maynthemayn: 4:20pm On Feb 21
DeepSight:

Good afternoon.
Good, this your god is part of existence, it is an entity, it's sexless, it also didn't create time, time is also self existing like your god.
Why is this god needed?

We already know some things about your god already.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 4:20pm On Feb 21
PoliteActivist:

In this my umpire role I'm nobody's fan at all. I am simply playing devil's advocate for both sides.
By the end, if am a good umpire, both sides will see me as biased against them! grin
I don't know how you can say it is logical to say an entity says something and it happens - and that's how the universe was created some 6000 years ago. It is NOT wrong to believe so, but saying it is logical is another issue altogether!

You're wrong
The idea that the universe was created some 6000 years ago is false and misleading
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:21pm On Feb 21
PoliteActivist:

I guess we have to define "logical". Logical is scientific. It is from A you have to go through B to get to C. Faith is from A you can get to Z without the intervening steps of B, C, D, etc. Faith is also if A=1, and B=2, A+B can equal 44.
I'll be the umpire, playing devil's advocate for both sides.

This is exactly what i often tell you guys, the way you've been indoctrinated in false religions makes you think the highlighted is how to define faith whereas you're wrong.
That has nothing to do with REAL faith!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 4:21pm On Feb 21
DeepSight:

Good afternoon.

Define self-existence
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by DeepSight(m): 4:23pm On Feb 21
Aemmyjah:

Define self-existence

Existing in and of itself as a necessary and non contingent thing.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 4:24pm On Feb 21
MaxInDHouse:

This is exactly what i often tell you guys, the way you've been indoctrinated in false religions makes you think the highlighted is how to define faith whereas you're wrong.
That has nothing to do with REAL faith!

Very poor definition
It's like a group of scientists listening to a bushman define a scientific term according to his own knowledge or what he heard other people say and he thinks he's speaking fact
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:26pm On Feb 21
Aemmyjah:

Very poor definition
It's like a group of scientists listening to a bushman define a scientific term according to his own knowledge or what he heard other people say and he thinks he's speaking fact
Don't blame him that's what false religion taught him but he ought to ask:
What is faith?
Get the clear understanding of Paul's definition before speaking about it!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 4:27pm On Feb 21
DeepSight:

Existing in and of itself as a necessary and non contingent thing.
Good
On what basis do you say time is self - existent
Time is measured
Time is a dimension
How's it self - existent?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 4:27pm On Feb 21
MaxInDHouse:

Don't blame him that's what false religion taught him but he ought to ask:
What is faith?
Get the clear understanding of Paul's definition before speaking about it!

And he wants to play umpire grin grin grin
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:29pm On Feb 21
Aemmyjah:

And he wants to play umpire grin grin grin
He is simply telling you to fight over his soul as he's now on the fence thinking of where to switch to! smiley
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 4:32pm On Feb 21
MaxInDHouse:

He is simply telling you to fight over his soul as he's now on the fence thinking of where to switch to! smiley

He's not thinking of where to switch to
He wants entertainment
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 4:35pm On Feb 21
MaxInDHouse:

See how he defines faith
Baba cele definition

They'll give someone a pen to write his exams
The pen has one unique smell
The idiot does not read
Goes to the exams hall and think of a miracle but nothing happens. grin
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:35pm On Feb 21
Aemmyjah:

He's not thinking of where to switch to
He wants entertainment

Naaaaaaaaaaaa that's how they pretend when they're fed up with false religions because all the promises of their pastors about jumping from grass to glory never came true that's why he is saying faith lied to him! wink
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by isan(m): 4:37pm On Feb 21
I believe God exists but he doesn't interfere with human lifes , God didn't create any religion and he has never sent any mvtherfvcker to earth .
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 4:40pm On Feb 21
MaxInDHouse:

Naaaaaaaaaaaa that's how they pretend when they're fed up with false religions because all the promises of their pastors about jumping from grass to glory never came true that's why he is saying faith lied to him! wink

The blame is on false prophets for failed expectations but they keep grudge against God and foolishly subscribe to Atheism channel
Atheism that says life has no purpose or hope is what sounds meaningful to them in the false promise of critical thinking

One is saying time is self-existent. Imagine! grin grin grin
Scientifically or philosophically, time is not self-existent... They say it's a mystery to them but the creator of all things is what they dismiss based on things they don't understand
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 4:42pm On Feb 21
isan:
I believe God exists but he doesn't interfere with human lifes , God didn't create any religion and he has never sent any mvtherfvcker to earth .

What are the basis of your belief sir?

I don't believe or heard of him sending such person or thing as highlighted in your comments
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:43pm On Feb 21
Aemmyjah:

See how he defines faith
Baba cele definition
They'll give someone a pen to write his exams
The pen has one unique smell
The idiot does not read
Goes to the exams hall and think of a miracle but nothing happens. grin

Who taught Christians about faith?
Is it not Jesus or Nazareth?

Did he use such logic for personal gain?

Well when Satan asked him to go against logic Jesus told Satan that it's against faith in God:

If you are a son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread.” But he answered: “It is written: ‘Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from Jehovah’s mouth.’" Then the Devil took him along into the holy city, and he stationed him on the battlement of the temple and said to him: “If you are a son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written: ‘He will give his angels a command concerning you,’ and, ‘They will carry you on their hands, so that you may not strike your foot against a stone.’” Jesus said to him: “Again it is written: ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.’" Matthew 4:3-7

The highlighted in blue are things that are really illogical but did Jesus support it? NO!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 4:45pm On Feb 21
PoliteActivist
God is acknowledged or referenced as the Cause or Creator of all things
Atheists say all things came into existence by itself without any cause

How's that possible?
That's the major foundation of such arguments
Thank you
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 4:49pm On Feb 21
Image123:

Is life arrived at logically? Who makes logic superior and who defines logic? Is it logical for the many 1st class graduates to be jobless or slave away for people with lesser or no degrees? This logic worship ehn, i no think say e follow.

So we at least arrive at one agreement: Religion is NOT logical
Though some religionists are still debating that it is

1 Like

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by isan(m): 4:52pm On Feb 21
Because I've not seen a situation where some kind of thing just happens out of thin air without any human physically involved.

Aemmyjah:

I don't believe or heard of him sending such person or thing as highlighted in your comments
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 4:54pm On Feb 21
DeepSight:

The seer still has faith in what he beholds. Without that, he would dismiss the dream as a dream.

Point is, the seer sees something. That something is the basis of his belief. Pure faith is seeing nothing at all, yet being 100% sure
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by isan(m): 4:55pm On Feb 21
Lol are you for real? You've not heard about Jesus or Muhammad and how their followers claimed God sent them to earth as messengers? cheesy
Aemmyjah:

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by isan(m): 4:58pm On Feb 21
Pure faith is when a pastor tell his followers he he drank tea with God and they all believed him .... I personally think it's just delusional
PoliteActivist:

Point is, the seer sees something. That something is the basis of his belief. Pure faith is seeing nothing at all, yet being 100% sure
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 5:02pm On Feb 21
isan:
Because I've not seen a situation where some kind of thing just happens out of thin air without any human physically involved.

Such as?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Aemmyjah(m): 5:03pm On Feb 21
isan:
Lol are you for real? You've not heard about Jesus or Muhammad and how their followers claimed God sent them to earth as messengers? cheesy

Is that completely strange to you?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 5:08pm On Feb 21
Aemmyjah:

If I give you a cheque of 1 million naira, you have not seen the 1 million naira but you are sure you will get it as that cheque is the evidence
I don't have a wire connection from my phone to anywhere but I am sure that I can call someone in another part of the globe. That is made possible by radio waves.
These are examples of faith

God did not just say something. He created all things. Have you seen a contractor that built a house without saying something?
Science tells us that the universe has a beginning. The universe cannot be its own cause
Critical thinking

Lol, I'm sure you can do better than this. Cheques have nothing to do with faith. Cheques have abundant precedents - they are cashed everyday and have been for a long time. Pure faith is based on nothing - yet there is 100% certitude.

Created the universe by speaking it into existence. Isn't that your position? If not, how?
Science also tell us the universe began from vacuum energy, which can be its own cause

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

"I'd Be A Christian If It Were Not For The Christians!" / Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? / Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.