Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? (28870 Views)

The NESG Invited The Top 3 Candidates 4 An Interview- Be The Judge / 2023: Peter Obi, Moghalu, Osibanjo My Top 3 Candidates / Ondo 2020: Obaseki Wins Edo,who Wins Ondo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by mastermaestro(m): 12:56pm On Feb 24
coputa:
Shuaibu is not smart,a blind man knows that PDP will never give him the party ticket.

He would have decamped to another party

Now ,his political enemies has succeeded in pushing him off the ballot in the guber race

Exactly what I was screaming all along. Dude should have decamped to LP and lobbied them into having their ticket. No, he thought he could fight Obaseki. Now, he is lost in the cold with nowhere to go.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by OKAIGHELE: 12:57pm On Feb 24
Gboom:

And buy 3 cars for 5 billion
If there is anybody you should be afraid of that will buy three cars for 5billion is Monday okpebholo whose immediate life and Career successes does not equate to or surpass the glory of the position he is vying for

For Christ sake, Asue is a billionaire, he has been there, done that and he is the most accomplished amongst all the aspirants

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by clockwisereport: 12:58pm On Feb 24
INTEGRITYA1:
He who laugh last laugh best. Adam Oshiomole will just be laughing right now.
Edo no be Lagos.
Adam is also wailing. Adams' Denco is also in the mud.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by o123456789(m): 12:59pm On Feb 24
hmm
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Udazi: 1:02pm On Feb 24
spencekat:
Translates in Nigeria?Give four examples in the near or present political terrain.
Tinubu, Buhari, Yahaya Bello wike

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by clockwisereport: 1:06pm On Feb 24
Bitterkolatea3:
but you like the way shuaibu treated oshiomhole?
how did Shaibu treat Adams?
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by alobright17(m): 1:14pm On Feb 24
MichaelSokoto:
Only foooools & baaaastards will ever vote for anything APC in any part of Nigeria again!

both PDP & LP don't even need to campaign against APC in Edo state at all sef, let dem leave d voting to us!
na make dem Jez dey give yakooboo's i-neck & corrupt judges bumper to bumper nahim dem only need!

Wtf!

angry

So Edo under PDP is heaven ? Do you know havoc PDP caused to Abia ? Delta has been under PDP what have they achieved? I prefer voting individuas rather than party color or name especially when it comes to state level .
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Amaggedon: 1:15pm On Feb 24
horsepower102:
Let them debate first.

Blind party loyalty is dangerous.

Let them tell the people what they plan to do and how they plan to do it.
Balabulu done open unna eye😁😁

1 Like

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by tonesky(m): 1:20pm On Feb 24
Who is talking about voting? INEC would replicate their selection as was the case with Imo.
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by federalgodey: 1:23pm On Feb 24
The Man with lipstick!
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by seguno2: 1:23pm On Feb 24
officialwdhtv:
One of them will be governor anyways

And determine each and every thing about his life through state and LGA public policies.

So who lose pass for his staying at home instead of participating in the political process that is not limited to voting

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by FromZeroToHero(m): 1:25pm On Feb 24
Olumide Akpata is my inlaw. My wife's Dad is his uncle and I will vote for him.
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by seguno2: 1:25pm On Feb 24
horsepower102:
Let them debate first.

Blind party loyalty is dangerous.

Let them tell the people what they plan to do and how they plan to do it.

What are the priority services, utilities, amenities and infrastructure maintenance that you are concerned about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by seguno2: 1:27pm On Feb 24
FromZeroToHero:
Olumide Akpata is my inlaw. My wife's Dad is his uncle and I will vote for him.

Is this what made you vote for Peter Obi as well

“’I cannot take anything back about Obi. I said Obi said he wants to move Nigeria back from consumption to production and I said that is not true. He cannot do it because his own business survives on consumption. Is that a lie? He has been an importer and I said he deals with cash and carry economics; container economics, imports”.

“All the goods that can be produced in Nigeria, Obi imports them in his supermarkets. That is consumption economics. That kind of person cannot tell you that he is moving you from consumption to production. He will then be committing self-economic suicide and Obi will not do that to himself”.

“So, Obi is deceiving everybody and I can’t take that back because that is true.

https://independent.ng/peter-obi-deceiving-everybody-i-wont-retract-my-statement-about-him-dele-alake/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by OKAIDUN: 1:29pm On Feb 24
Asuen Aigboviose Ighodalo

3 Likes

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by backbone503(m): 1:35pm On Feb 24
bimbodotun:
Asue Ighodalo get rich CV. I will support him.

Chairman, Sterling Bank Plc,
Chairman Nigerian Economic Summit Group.
Chairman, Nigerian Breweries Plc

He will lead like Alex Otti

In Nigerian politics/leadership performance, the content of ones CV doesn't count. Udom Emmanuel had a similar CV yet he performed woefully. For me, political will and street intelligence are better qualities to look out for
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 1:35pm On Feb 24
Goodlady:

I just love him. He has my votes if I m there.
U don`t have to vote because u love a person but because u`re convinced he or she is the best candidate for the job
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Ologbo147: 1:39pm On Feb 24
bimbodotun:
Asue Ighodalo get rich CV. I will support him.

Chairman, Sterling Bank Plc,
Chairman Nigerian Economic Summit Group.
Chairman, Nigerian Breweries Plc

He will lead like Alex Otti
My brother, with this kind of cv, you are assured such one will be able to manage Edo state economy which is a sub part of Nigeria(which everyone is aware that her economy is presently ailing)and bring good yield from it just the way Obaseki was able to manage Edo state’s resources such that he has not defaulted in salary payment of both pensioners and civil servants and also he pays the highest minimum wage in Nigeria. A beer parlour tout with street intelligence would not have been able to pull off these strings.

3 Likes

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Dancebreaker: 1:40pm On Feb 24
Urgent1Million:
I see the case of Atiku's desperation replaying in the governorship election in Edo state.
Obaseki should've allowed Shuaibu to succeed him in peace.
Now that they are scheming him out, once he loses in court, he'll split the PDP votes heavily.
Whether we like it or not, Philip Shuaibu is a core grassroots politician in Edo state whose decision to side with Obaseki helped the latter win the fight against Oshiomhole.
With Akpata's emergence as LP candidate, a few old PDP guys who aren't benefiting from Obaseki will switch over to his side. APC will have a shaking if they don't put their house in order very quickly. We all know Oshiomhole would want his pound of flesh since his candidate did not pick the ticket.
It's going to be a complex permutation of events.
State resources vs federal might vs Oshiomhole's internal betrayals vs Shuaibu's internal betrayals.
If Akpata plays his cards well, he stands a chance of winning the election, especially as Wike would want to remain the emperor of South south politics and would do everything possible to see that Oshiomhole is painted in bad light, plus he already has a strained relationship with Obaseki. We all know that Wike has gone beyond playing ordinary party politics. He already has a say in the PDP and the APC (the first politician in Nigeria, if not in Africa or even the world, to achieve something like that). I see him attempting to add the LP to his file, starting with Edo state.
I forsee that the outcome of the governorship election will reflect far more than the strengths or resources of political parties. A lot of personal interests will come to play.
#This is my opinion.
Dude, go and be analysing for Channels abi Arise. You nailed it on its head. I was discussing something very similar yesterday with a friend.

How easily voting blocks could be split right down the middle due to grudges, acrimony, internal rancour, outside forces and permutations to be politically relevant and gain control.
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by stanisbaratheon: 1:44pm On Feb 24
Splashme:
My heart is with LP which is a neutral party.

But that PDP's candidate CV is intimidating. I love it when intelligent people rule.

If it's by CV Jonathan would have turned Nigeria into London. If it's by CV Buhari would have killed all terrorists in his home town let alone Nigeria. If it's by CV Tinubu would have performed the Magic they said he did in Lagos.

So you see? It's not just by CV.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Cmanforall: 1:48pm On Feb 24
officialwdhtv:
Who has your vote amongst these three (3) Edo State Governorship candidates?

#edodecides #edodecides2024 #wetindeyhappentv

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3tpT_LyMwe/?igsh=MXZoZzU1NHoxMzJ5dQ==
Is the Labour Party candidate former NBA chairman?

LP chairman is also a lawyer...

Free lawyers for court cases
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Goodlady(f): 1:51pm On Feb 24
SyrusdeHansome:

U don`t have to vote because u love a person but because u`re convinced he or she is the best candidate for the job
I m convinced he's better.

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:52pm On Feb 24
alobright17:

So Edo under PDP is heaven ? Do you know havoc PDP caused to Abia ? Delta has been under PDP what have they achieved? I prefer voting individuas rather than party color or name especially when it comes to state level .

and Nigeria under APC since 2015 has become an eldorado bah?

bros come dey move out of dis thread abeg!

angry

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by kelly72: 1:52pm On Feb 24
Some of them will never want to attend any debate, instead they'll be busy oiling their rigging machine.
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by magicfarad90: 2:06pm On Feb 24
reiddecuti:
When you're presented with 3 daredevils to make a choice. Nigeria is still far away from practicing democracy. The people are missing in action because of how the political parties conduct themselves.
America which is like the most developed democracy, has just two political parties.. so wetin u still need.. Make u kuku pick form for other parties na, we even have atleast 25 to choose from.. our problem is sort of a system hijack by one man. So let's face the problem. Imagine all the governors thanking The president for not influencing the supreme court against them, so that tells u what is actually happening. It's a shame.
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by christistruth01: 2:07pm On Feb 24
Timoleon:
Must it be amongst the three? Na only three parties dey?

This is the illusion of democracy. A few people sat down somewhere and gave you 'choice'. Do you have options outside the choices they have decided upon? No. But you strongly believe you are choosing your leaders.

If Nigerian Democracy was an Illusion

Obasanjo Jonathan and Buhari would have been impossible to remove
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Ologbo147: 2:07pm On Feb 24
stanisbaratheon:

If it's by CV Jonathan would have turned Nigeria into London. If it's by CV Buhari would have killed all terrorists in his home town let alone Nigeria. If it's by CV Tinubu would have performed the Magic they said he did in Lagos.

So you see? It's not just by CV.
jonathan is not an economist, he is a zoologist, someone with a phd in animal science and other animal related disciplines has no business in governance and politics,

Tinubu on the other hand, there is so much debate if he actually went to school, no one is certain if he went to school. So much irregularities in his documents and certificates. Tinubu did not make Lagos, Lagos was already capital of southern Nigeria in 1906 light years before Tinubu was born. Lagos was already capital of Nigeria in 1914 light years before Tinubu was born, put an average person in Lagos and the person will excel very well giving the large number of revenue accruable to Lagos state

A degree in economics on the other hand is an efficient tool in governance, sufficient life successes in the economic field gives one a clue that such one will be able to manage government finances properly. According to Shaibu on Tvc, Oshiomhole saw a recession coming after he continuously looted the state for the eight years he was governor and had to bring an economist in to manage the state effectively. Government is largely about finance, when there is no money in government, government cannot run efficiently

2 Likes

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Procashtips(m): 2:09pm On Feb 24
So we have only 3 parties in Nigeria?

You Nigerians won't stop being the problem

What happened to other candidates?

Can't you promote all so people can see that there are more options available?

You lot keep pushing deadbeats to us because they are from established parties.

Stop being programmed to think you have no options out of these 2 known parties.
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Musty4ahmed1: 2:19pm On Feb 24
Whoever wins Edo North will emerge the winner, Edo Central and South are battle ground for the three candidates.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Laple0541(m): 2:23pm On Feb 24
Na who ugly pass, and as it is currently, seems the PDP guy is the ugliest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Names Of 73 Benue Indigenes Killed In Herdsmen Attack / Bola Tinubu Visits Borno State / Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.