Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? (28834 Views)

The NESG Invited The Top 3 Candidates 4 An Interview- Be The Judge / 2023: Peter Obi, Moghalu, Osibanjo My Top 3 Candidates / Ondo 2020: Obaseki Wins Edo,who Wins Ondo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Splashme: 12:07pm On Feb 24
spencekat:
But most times, impressive CV does not translate into good leadership.

We should copy from the western worlds and allow only the best among us to lead.

An intelligent president would never had managed Nigeria's economy the way Buhari did

10 Likes

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Truths9ja: 12:07pm On Feb 24
Asue Ighodalo of Pdp

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by jimmynauty: 12:07pm On Feb 24
horsepower102:
Let them debate first.

Blind party loyalty is dangerous.

Let them tell the people what they plan to do and how they plan to do it.

My views
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by tuoyoojo(m): 12:08pm On Feb 24
The voter apathy from now would b3 legendary
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Mrhonesty: 12:09pm On Feb 24
SHAIBU

quote author=officialwdhtv post=128616798]Who has your vote amongst these three (3) Edo State Governorship candidates?

#edodecides #edodecides2024 #wetindeyhappentv

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3tpT_LyMwe/?igsh=MXZoZzU1NHoxMzJ5dQ==
[/quote]
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by paskal16: 12:09pm On Feb 24
Denco na
Ohh shit he ain't there lol
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Sijo01(f): 12:09pm On Feb 24
Eluuupeeee all the way
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Bluntemperor: 12:10pm On Feb 24
TheFacelessMan:
Oh... so Shuaibu has officially lost out ? shocked

He has the Ace Card in his ✋ hands!
I mean the Joker is in that Shuabu 's hand,as well as Senator Oshiomole!
Their Combinations can be dangerous for other Parties!
This is because,there is no permanent enemies in Politics and is about permanent Interest and the way things are now, there is too much acrimonies before Shuabu left his Party!

2 Likes

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by emmaoanidu(m): 12:10pm On Feb 24
bimbodotun:
Asue Ighodalo get rich CV. I will support him.

Chairman, Sterling Bank Plc,
Chairman Nigerian Economic Summit Group.
Chairman, Nigerian Breweries Plc

He will lead like Alex Otti

You are pragmatic ad I stand with you 100%

7 Likes

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by osothermal(m): 12:12pm On Feb 24
Tjra:
Why is Philip Shuaibu not there? Ighodalo is a placeholder.
Funny you
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by treatise: 12:13pm On Feb 24
officialwdhtv:
Who has your vote amongst these three (3) Edo State Governorship candidates?

#edodecides #edodecides2024 #wetindeyhappentv

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3tpT_LyMwe/?igsh=MXZoZzU1NHoxMzJ5dQ==
I can only see only two candidates because Akpata is working for PDP

1 Like

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Olamicwoto: 12:14pm On Feb 24
Apc. If u like use ur head hit transformers
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Urgent1Million: 12:14pm On Feb 24
I see the case of Atiku's desperation replaying in the governorship election in Edo state.
Obaseki should've allowed Shuaibu to succeed him in peace.
Now that they are scheming him out, once he loses in court, he'll split the PDP votes heavily.
Whether we like it or not, Philip Shuaibu is a core grassroots politician in Edo state whose decision to side with Obaseki helped the latter win the fight against Oshiomhole.
With Akpata's emergence as LP candidate, a few old PDP guys who aren't benefiting from Obaseki will switch over to his side. APC will have a shaking if they don't put their house in order very quickly. We all know Oshiomhole would want his pound of flesh since his candidate did not pick the ticket.
It's going to be a complex permutation of events.
State resources vs federal might vs Oshiomhole's internal betrayals vs Shuaibu's internal betrayals.
If Akpata plays his cards well, he stands a chance of winning the election, especially as Wike would want to remain the emperor of South south politics and would do everything possible to see that Oshiomhole is painted in bad light, plus he already has a strained relationship with Obaseki. We all know that Wike has gone beyond playing ordinary party politics. He already has a say in the PDP and the APC (the first politician in Nigeria, if not in Africa or even the world, to achieve something like that). I see him attempting to add the LP to his file, starting with Edo state.
I forsee that the outcome of the governorship election will reflect far more than the strengths or resources of political parties. A lot of personal interests will come to play.
#This is my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by just2endowed: 12:15pm On Feb 24
MightySparrow:
None.

Though I live in Benin I don't know any of them.

I don't want to judge by their parties alone.

.I think I will stay in my house during the election.
I won't like to regret mediocrity of none performance.
I don't want to contribute to people's suffering. The cloud in the air never clear finish.

Now that u have decided not to vote and let's assume your kind of belief decided not to vote. Let's now assume, agberos decided to cast the vote and they vote in your worst enemies. That means your dark cloud will become thicker and more suffering ahead.

Is it not better to look critically on both candidate and make a choice.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 12:15pm On Feb 24
Goodlady:
Olumide Apata
U no go face ur Ondo state na Edo matter u wan chuk mouth

3 Likes

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by ufotunang: 12:16pm On Feb 24
Edo people should massively vote for labour candidate... labour party politcians are doing well, providing good goverance and better life for their people..see what Alex otti is doing in abia state with the little allocation sent to him to abia state

3 Likes

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Splashme: 12:16pm On Feb 24
Tareq1105:

Running a brewery is different from political administration.

My brother, we should copy from the western worlds and allow only the best among us to lead.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by folake4u(f): 12:17pm On Feb 24
Minatouchiha:
Asue ighodalo is a man of his word and learned. I know him to an extent because I've worked for him. He might look intimidating especially his voice but he's actually very objective about matters. Edo people will be lucky to have him as governor. I don't know the labour party guy but if I can't get Asue, I'll go for labour party.
The APC man or anything APC should forget about governance until they fix their respective states and the dollar amongst other things. APC should be scrapped out of existence.

Akpata is also a learned person. He was NBA President before this daredevil that is currently in position. And he did very well in his capacity.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by yemmit90: 12:19pm On Feb 24
horsepower102:
Let them debate first.

Blind party loyalty is dangerous.

Let them tell the people what they plan to do and how they plan to do it.

Has any politician ever done what he/she say in debate?

Una like to glorify these useless people and their unproductive time wasting debate.
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Udazi: 12:20pm On Feb 24
spencekat:
But most times, impressive CV does not translate into good leadership.
It translates most times, unimpressive Cv and a life fully within the confines of politics translates into endless looting

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by FUTURE4202(m): 12:23pm On Feb 24
I been one vote obi, but i nor vote because i nor fit get my voters card. But like dis i nor go ever vote again i nor crase try am.
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Usenokpevbo: 12:23pm On Feb 24
Without fear or Favour, Asue Ighodalo

5 Likes

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Antymike: 12:24pm On Feb 24
Ighodalo may win because he seem to be more ugly than the other two. Like you already know, Edo governorship is not for fine boys.

4 Likes

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by jasent(m): 12:24pm On Feb 24
Timoleon:
Must it be amongst the three? Na only three parties dey?

This is the illusion of democracy. A few people sat down somewhere and gave you 'choice'. Do you have options outside the choices they have decided upon? No. But you strongly believe you are choosing your leaders.
Before 2023,it was 2 parties. Peter obi brought in 3 Force. Let's start from here
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by livebullet(m): 12:25pm On Feb 24
I do not know them, but I know their parties....

PDP
: Asue may be a stooge to Obaseki... Obaseki handpicked him and brought him into politics and will most likely wanna be the New God father in town. Edo People have proven not to support Godfatherism in the past. Since Oshiomole started the one-man-one vote campaign against Tony Anenih(though he later became a GF himself). I ask Edo people to vote in protest.

APC
Okpebolo surely cannot perform in a party that is currently known to have nurtured Nigerians into war time like hardship. A party notorious for it's corruption. A deaf party that does not listen to the cries of Nigerians. Personally I don't want APC and I ask the Edo people to vote in protest.

LP
This party has proven to be a thorn to the other two parties who are known to have dragged Nigeria down. A party which with the adoption of Obi as it's presidential candidate was able to shake Nigeria within 8months. There is need for LP to secure more states if Peter Obi must come onboard in 2027.
Akpata can be given a benefit of doubt since his party has not been tested in Edo before now, and he is still fresh with no known link to the Political Overlords.

In addition to all these, we need them to air themselves in a debate. Let's not focus on zoning... Zoning no get who e help right now...
This election will be a determining factor to 2027. I am obidient and I am more objective than sentimental.

3 Likes

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Timoleon(m): 12:39pm On Feb 24
jasent:
Before 2023,it was 2 parties. Peter obi brought in 3 Force. Let's start from here
is peter obi a founding member of labour party?
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by spencekat(m): 12:39pm On Feb 24
Udazi:
It translates most times, unimpressive Cv and a life fully within the confines of politics translates into endless looting
Translates in Nigeria?Give four examples in the near or present political terrain.
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by AKPAMA211: 12:40pm On Feb 24
Asuelimhe Ighodalo from Ewohimi. Bringing his experience onboard, i know he will take Edo to the promise land

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Goodlady(f): 12:41pm On Feb 24
SyrusdeHansome:

U no go face ur Ondo state na Edo matter u wan chuk mouth
I just love him. He has my votes if I m there.
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Advancedman(m): 12:41pm On Feb 24
[quote author=Ravern post=128618905]Whoever i-neck wants automatically becomes selected [/quote

Whoever in eck select
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Coolbite(m): 12:45pm On Feb 24
Slawormirr is still contemplating a change of mind. He is finding it difficult between going for Apata from the same senatorial district as incumbent governor Obaseki and maintaining his earlier stand in favour of zoning which will make him go for Ighodalo of the central senatorial district. APC is not a choice for him.
Re: Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? by Gboom: 12:48pm On Feb 24
bimbodotun:
Asue Ighodalo get rich CV. I will support him.

He will lead like Alex Otti
And buy 3 cars for 5 billion

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why FG Is After Me For Attending WEF In South Africa - Oby Ezekwesili / Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR / 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.