Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years (7477 Views)

Few Days To Valentine's Day: Teach Your Teenage Girls These. / Did You Ever Spy On Someone At Your Teenage / If Your Teenage Daughter Gets Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by ObalendeCMS: 1:59pm On Feb 26
Distracted by my mom & her marital woes, so tey I couldn't get a University degree. But I was smart enough to buy books & read.

Thanks to her sisters for also contributing to her woes.

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by SuperOnyi: 2:01pm On Feb 26
shocked

Hello teenagers, as long as you got a vision and know you wouldn't be carried away by "the things of this world". As long as you're disciplined and a real one, please have as much fun as you want, doing the things you love with an unhealthy amount of hardwork, and you will still get the top.

No matter how you live, you will get old and die one day — or even die young. Don't let society make you take decisions (as long as it's not destructive to others or to yourself) that will make you unhappy and full of regrets later. Everybody gonna die but don't everybody live.

I regret not using my handsomeness to my advantage, I regret being so alone that I began to enjoy being alone — nowadays, I still can't get rid of that. I indulged in self hatred and let narcissists make my life miserable. Please don't be like me — be intentional and let the world take the middle finger as long as you know where you're going.

4 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by yazzman(m): 2:21pm On Feb 26
Localemperor:
Any time I see all this teenagers of nowadays being unnecessary difficult and naughty, imagine a girl of fifty telling how ineffective postinor 2 has become or a boy of 16 who is always high on hard drugs.

During my teenage age ( secondary school) I was hawking corn for my Mom, I had a lot of responsibilities despite not being the first child. I can't remember teenagers that are this wasteful during my time.

What did you do during your teenage years!
terrible time of my life...I was used like a maid in every household simply because my parent abandoned me
Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by KillingJoke: 2:21pm On Feb 26
I was reading books and drawing from 7 till I was 10

Just an autistic kid , don't talk much

I learnt C on a commodore 64 at my school then my teacher helped me in learning this by giving me manuals to read

I built few things like console based games , one of which was based on a Nigerian fantasy I sold to a computer store owner for 500 which I used to buy biscuits and lots of sweets , I didn't give af about money or hustle

My teenage years was just eat , read, code, sleep

I just wanted to live my life probably build a house off-grid and code not for profit while owning multiple farms

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by poweredcom(m): 2:30pm On Feb 26
Smoking weed and banging street hoes lol

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by kinah(f): 2:31pm On Feb 26
Localemperor:

Finished secondary school at the age of 15. Started work as an assistant class teacher a month after.
First salary was 1500.
Myself, mum and three siblings. Still in primary school,one in second at school.
Baba baba gbogbo aye.
It was not easy.
I went to school with God's help
Self financed. (Ajo things )
At 35, married with kids
Bearing their responsibilities not all though.
At some point you being to wonder y.
But if I don't do, I am tagged a bad person.

Right now, don't want to say I am fed up
Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by steeltrust: 2:32pm On Feb 26
Localemperor:
cheesy grin Wetin happen to you?
Ọ̀n jè" grin
Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by faceland: 2:36pm On Feb 26
Wasted in school.

Playing (drugs, music, climbing mountains).
Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by MrBroke(m): 2:58pm On Feb 26
Was being wasted on playing football and sitting at home. grin
Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by Goddyrichie(m): 3:53pm On Feb 26
Localemperor:
Any time I see all this teenagers of nowadays being unnecessary difficult and naughty, imagine a girl of fifty telling how ineffective postinor 2 has become or a boy of 16 who is always high on hard drugs.

During my teenage age ( secondary school) I was hawking corn for my Mom, I had a lot of responsibilities despite not being the first child. I can't remember teenagers that are this wasteful during my time.

I was so hardworking in my teenage age I started when I was 14 years after school we go to farm me and my younger brother to carry palm fruit from a very far distance to the mill we do that Monday to Saturday sometimes we don’t even eat sometimes na only garri and groundnut we go chop go on sunday we mill it and also do the fiber If you’re from ondo state ikale side precisely u will know what I’m talking about

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by mabeni(m): 4:37pm On Feb 26
I was already a professional Barber at the age of 13 and in jss2...till I graduated from secondary school. I was so responsible that my mom and every elders in the community were so proud of me. Throughout my secondary school days, I never for one day ask my mom for a penny... I foot all my bills and I didn't joke with my studies...i never missed school.

Three months after I left secondary school at the age of 19, my old time customer and friend who owns a filling station in oyo state came and carried me that I should come and work. I followed him and he treated me so well because I was well misbehaved. I later became his manager.

This generation of parents and children are becoming something we don't want to understand.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by GodHimself: 4:50pm On Feb 26
Studied hard. No partying, no girls, focused and religious.

Localemperor:

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by DaddyGngeess(m): 4:53pm On Feb 26
It was a very nice experience, my hustling started from jss3 when i was 15, at 17 i had a barbing salon already, at age 22, i don run comot for Nigeria, i will like my entire life to repeat itself again if there is reincarnation
Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by DigitB: 5:08pm On Feb 26
One of the best thread I've seen in NL front-page since 2009
Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:08pm On Feb 26
Omo I look around too sometimes and just shake my, the teens we have now are on a whole new level wild (if you hear or see wetin these kids dey talk/do ehn).

Yes, we do during our time but e no reach like this abeg...technology is a major factor contributing to this decadence, no cap.
Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by Benjamin4388(m): 5:24pm On Feb 26
WELL MY TEENS WAS MOSTLY IN BOARDING HOUSE...TIMES OF OUR LIFE... AFTER GRADUATION....THAT LIFE WAS SO CONTRARY TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD...HAD TO SEEK TRUTH N REALITY.. OMOH I WAS FUKIN DEPRESSED...YO IT WAS CRAZY BCUX I INTENSIONAL CHOSE DEPRESSION AT TIMES...MAYB CUZ I WANTED KNOW CIRCUMSTANCES N REALITIES OF FELLOW HUMANS AROUND ME... I LEFT HOME LIKE A PROGIDAL SON AND AT A TIME WAS SLEEPIN UNDER BRIDGE...FREEDOM REPLACED COMFORT..OBALENDE ROAD.BEACHES.NIGHT CLUBS..STRIPPERS NIGHT ALL B4 20... YO NOW AM DONE WITH ALL THAT...FROM THE BEGINNING I JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW IT FEELS WHEN DAVID SAID VANITY UPON VANITY.. ALL IS VANITY
Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by osuolale95(m): 7:40pm On Feb 26
Entered university at 15, and I was holy. 16 years of age, I learnt a lot about tech majorly hacking, so I flash phones for cash. Until I met one Jezebel and things went north.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by pansophist(m): 7:45pm On Feb 26
Sometimes, I even feel like say I no enjoy my childhood, because na hustle and hard study I engaged in since then. All the parties, outings, and stories I hear, mehn, mine boring die.

Thank Got it paid off sha.

6 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by achimendy(m): 8:15pm On Feb 26
ojun50:
My papa no let me do hustling, now I come dey lazy

You better wake up from your sleep and leave your father alone.
Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by EbiJUNIRO(m): 11:35pm On Feb 26
Some of us didn't have consciousness or even a bit of liberty to exhibit our teen ages.

It's pretty deep bro
Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by ojun50(m): 7:05am On Feb 27
achimendy:

You better wake up from your sleep and leave your father alone.
I don leave am alone since
Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by aronski(m): 8:08am On Feb 27
Well, I was done with secondary school at age 16 and that was when I had full control of my teenage age. I stadted working in computer business centres which I use the computers their to learn and master programming (before I go admission into the university 2019). I worked in different business centres because of good pay and had access to computers so that I can learn more about programming since I don't have a PC of my own. I was also fighting the influence of not having a girlfriend bcuz everyone then had one and it was never of interest to me then.
Till date, the decision I made at age 16 has contributed to my life positively (most especially when it comes to coding) and now am 23, still learning and struggling to get a good laptop for myself and get a good tech (remote) job someday as the 50K laptop I got for myself 2019 is getting damn slow because of my workload now.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by Thewesterner(m): 9:08am On Feb 27
I hawked Garri and Yam for my late mum...

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by zoeymikey(f): 12:26pm On Feb 27
ojun50:
My papa no let me do hustling, now I come dey lazy
Me too
My cousin never let me work or do anything that could fetch me money and it has really affected me negatively now that I'm grown and he's no longer here....
I'm trying though,,
Re: What Did You Do With Your Teenage Years by achimendy(m): 4:57pm On Feb 27
ojun50:

I don leave am alone since

Good for you.

Just focus on your future simple.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jamaican Singer Pull Off Her Pant On Stage, Show Off Bare Bum / Deeply Hurt And Heartbroken! / My d**k raising ordeal At Jibowu Bus Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.