Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month (998 Views)

Don't Wanna Lose My Current Relationship / I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide / I'm About To Lose My Fiancee, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Doolove: 12:53pm On Feb 26
I started a remote job this month with a pay of 30k. It has not been easy but I’ve managed to survive largely due to the advance payment that I’ve been collecting from my understanding boss.

Just few days to the end of the month, I’ve been dealt a devastating blow that has put my job in serious jeopardy. My work laptop which is even borrowed fell and the screen broke, going blank instantly. I don’t know where to start from as I don’t have a dime on me. A tech guy that I asked said the laptop screen would cost me $40 minus workmanship. I spoke to my boss but he said his hands are tied because laptop is a requirement for the job.

Please I plead on the good people of nairaland to help me save my job. Everyone that I have asked have had one excuse or the other to give so this is my last resort. I am open to any sort of verification.

Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Jewessgratitud3: 12:58pm On Feb 26
Laptop wey you supposed dey handle like egg . How did you manage to let it crash like that? Hian!

I hope you get help soon and this time make sure it's permanently on the floor to avoid any more accidents.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Doolove: 1:08pm On Feb 26
Jewessgratitud3:
Laptop wey you supposed dey handle like egg . How did you manage to let it crash like that? Hian!

I hope you get help soon and this time make sure it's permanently on the floor to avoid any more accidents.
I was carrying it from my bed to the table before I slipped and fell.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Jewessgratitud3: 1:13pm On Feb 26
Doolove:

I was carrying it from my bed to the table before I slipped and fell.

Eeeyaa.. sorry o. I pray you get help ASAP.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by 2shure: 1:19pm On Feb 26
Sell it and buy mini of at least 4gig ram
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by DaddyRochie1642: 1:22pm On Feb 26
2shure:

Didn't you see where he said the laptop is borrowed.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by 2shure: 1:25pm On Feb 26
And so.sell it
DaddyRochie1642:

Didn't you see where he said the laptop is borrowed.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Doolove: 1:26pm On Feb 26
2shure:
The PC is not mine, so I don't the liberty to sell it.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by SavageResponse(m): 2:06pm On Feb 26
Doolove:

The PC is not mine, so I don't the liberty to sell it.

Since it's borrowed I think you should have been more careful with it

Doolove:
I started a remote job this month with a pay of 30k. It has not been easy but I’ve managed to survive largely due to the advance payment that I’ve been collecting from my understanding boss.

Just few days to the end of the month, I’ve been dealt a devastating blow that has put my job in serious jeopardy. My work laptop which is even borrowed fell and the screen broke, going blank instantly. I don’t know where to start from as I don’t have a dime on me. A tech guy that I asked said the laptop screen would cost me $40 minus workmanship. I spoke to my boss but he said his hands are tied because laptop is a requirement for the job.

Please I plead on the good people of nairaland to help me save my job. Everyone that I have asked have had one excuse or the other to give so this is my last resort. I am open to any sort of verification.

By the way, why are you quoting the estimated repair cost in dollars, are you not in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Doolove: 2:18pm On Feb 26
SavageResponse:

By the way, why are you quoting the estimated repair cost in dollars, are you not in Nigeria?
I'm not knowledgeable about those things, the guy said he will have to order for it online because the laptop parts is scarce. If I had money I would have taken it to market myself and inquire from others.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Lataability(m): 2:28pm On Feb 26
Why must you quote the estimate in dollars?
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by SavageResponse(m): 2:32pm On Feb 26
Doolove:

I'm not knowledgeable about those things, the guy said he will have to order for it online because the laptop parts is scarce. If I had money I would have taken it to market myself and inquire from others.

I think it's just the screen of the laptop that got broken, the motherboard and other critical parts should still be Ok

Here is how you can improvise, if you have a flat screen TV, I would suggest you get a HDMI cable and connect the laptop to the TV or external screen so you can use it for the meantime to do your work

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Doolove: 2:40pm On Feb 26
SavageResponse:

I think it's just the screen of the laptop that got broken, the motherboard and other critical parts should still be Ok

Here is how you can improvise, if you have a flat screen TV, I would suggest you get a HDMI cable and connect the laptop to the TV or external screen so you can use it for the meantime to do your work
Thanks for your contribution sir, but I don't have a television.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by PastorOlokonla: 3:08pm On Feb 26
Go to the market, inquire and give me the cost.

You will need to prove to me you are genuine?
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Doolove: 5:13pm On Feb 26
KillingJoke:

What's your location??

I'll repair it for you for free

I'm in makurdi Benue State sir
I will really appreciate
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Doolove: 5:16pm On Feb 26
PastorOlokonla:

Alright sir, I will find a way to go to the market tomorrow and ask around. I'm open to any manner of verification.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:12pm On Feb 26
why dont you ask your below BF to help you?

Doolove:

That's as good as kissing the relationship goodbye, I tried it once and he moved on like I didn't exist. I still had to call him to sort things out. I am a beautiful lady and guys are flocking around me but it doesn't faze him, if I try to make him jealous he would tell me to move on to the next guy if I feel he is not good enough for me.

all these people with fake stories on NL to get handouts....
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by madfind: 6:18pm On Feb 26
Lataability:
Why must you quote the estimate in dollars?
e no tire u
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Ifitdigitals: 6:27pm On Feb 26
SavageResponse:

Hin don do yahoo tire. He forgot he was sending it to nairaland, not his maga.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Doolove: 6:43pm On Feb 26
MrBrownJay1:
why dont you ask your below BF to help you?

all these people with fake stories on NL to get handouts....
I no longer have a boyfriend because I'm no longer dating the guy, like I said I'm open for any verification, I can even provide the site I work on and evidence that I am working.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by DenreleDave(m): 8:05pm On Feb 26
Doolove:

I no longer have a boyfriend because I'm no longer dating the guy, like I said I'm open for any verification, I can even provide the site I work on and evidence that I am working.
find a monitor

It shud be easy to get a monitor....... Den get a cable to connect to the laptop..

You can continue working... And why person dey give u price in dollars for benue?
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Rexymania(m): 9:39pm On Feb 26
Omo, I pray you fine help. $40 = N68k (everything sha, 80k) omo... Na gbese be this o
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Izprince(m): 1:51pm On Feb 27
Abeg Link me up with the job make I dey help you run am small small... When you repair your laptop I go give you d job back biko
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Doolove: 2:53pm On Feb 27
Izprince:
Abeg Link me up with the job make I dey help you run am small small... When you repair your laptop I go give you d job back biko
Okay well-done, you are doing well.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Doolove: 3:00pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

Good afternoon sir, just got back from the market now and another technician quoted 47k for the replacement of the laptop.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Goodlady(f): 3:01pm On Feb 27
Doolove:

Shey lappy screen don cost reach over N60K ni?
What am seeing here is those regular 4 gig ram and it's lappy mi suppose pass N30K - N40K.
I use laptops too.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Doolove: 3:02pm On Feb 27
KillingJoke:

What's your location??

I'll repair it for you for free

Good afternoon sir
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Doolove: 3:04pm On Feb 27
Goodlady:

Shey happy screen don cost reach over N60K ni?
What am seeing here is those regular 4 gig ram and it's lappy mi suppose pass N30K - N40K.
I use laptops too.
Another person told me 47k, if you are in lagos and knows where I can get it cheaper I will appreciate.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job After Less Than A Month by Goodlady(f): 3:06pm On Feb 27
Doolove:

Another person told me 47k, if you are in lagos and knows where I can get it cheaper I will appreciate.
I m not in Lagos, am in Abuja. For here, na btw N40K - N50K max.

(1) (Reply)

How Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men – Lady Explains / Should I Pop D Question? / Women Vs Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.