Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,727 members, 7,813,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? (13600 Views)

I Feel Hatred Towards My Husband / Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? / How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 12:50pm On Mar 01
B
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by StepTwo: 12:50pm On Mar 01
The mother factor plus father’s inability to balance things.
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Ramirezkhay(m): 12:51pm On Mar 01
cheesy

I swear baba!

Na lack of enlightenment and self development Dy cos hatred palava

For my side, You no fit know who be our mama between the two Moms!

We come resemble somehow Lol

grin
We4all:
Hmnn...Half siblings who share the same father hardly love themselves, but those who share the same mothers are closer.

The hatred is usually as the result of the hate relationship their mothers have. So, in solidarity to their mothers, the trend continues.

There is always a silent or loud war raging in polygamous families as everything is competition to them. Even as adults, they compete amongst themselves and see each other as enemies.

Nevertheless, I know half siblings who share the same fathers, but are still very close. I think it sometimes boils down to individuality and how they were raised.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by LeeSmart: 12:55pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
Knowing that the women aren't happy sharing one man, thereby making troubles, why is it so difficult for the children to love each other as siblings? And why do men keep creating more of these problems?
If they cannot share one man why not pack their things nd leave. It's not that difficult u knw.

2 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by MrHighSea: 12:57pm On Mar 01
While it gladden the Father/Mother to have such, it's no fun for both set of siblings.

Op, Why can't people stay out of another's affairs? Half-brother don't enjoy your company but you're pushing yourself to him.
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Fryx: 1:06pm On Mar 01
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by MrCamron(m): 1:06pm On Mar 01
CuriousX:
OP and Mod stop confusing us there is a difference between step brother and step sister and half brother and half sister.

What OP is referring to is half and not step. Step siblings share no blood connection while half siblings share a blood connection either from the father or mother.This is a global forum, stop disgracing us

Cc nlfpmod

I intentionally read through all the comments to see whoever would come up with the note and correction you wrote. And guess what,no one but you!!

Thanks for taking your time to make the note,cos I hardly make notes or comments !!

2 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by akan102: 1:07pm On Mar 01
hasyak:
You ask an interesting question.

Hatred is usually caused by mothers, and to some extent, fathers. Polygamy? The truth is, man is polygamous by nature; it's society that's trying to change the narrative. That's why you see baby mamas all over. If a man is capable, why accept his mistresses/baby mamas outside but restrict him from marrying them? Why shame the mothers outside? It should be encouraged, honestly. The benefits outweigh the shortcomings. It gives children legitimacy, secures the women in case of death, and more, which I won't delve into further.

The capacity of the man when it comes to managing two or more women is where the majority of the problems come from. On the women's side, the major problem is their inherent sense to protect their own, and this leads to jealousy and competition.

We first need to accept our shortcomings, then work out a way that protects All..
Thank you
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Angelfrost(m): 1:11pm On Mar 01
The consequence of Polygamy...!
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by travelzcruix: 1:14pm On Mar 01
Never entrust the upbringing of a child in the hands of woman who is not his mother. Know this and know peace. I rather remain single for life than entrust my kid to a step mom

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Stevenbright(m): 1:18pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:

Who can fix her up in a jiffy, but according to the story, he wouldn't because they're step siblings and past record from her mom towards his mom, wouldn't let him help any of his step siblings.

You answered your own questions partly as quoted above.

Wether step-wives or step siblings or brothers or sisters or couples or friends, be mindful how you treat people because it will determine how they will relate with you in times to come!

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by CuriousX: 1:20pm On Mar 01
MrCamron:

I intentionally read through all the comments to see whoever would come up with the note and correction you wrote. And guess what,no one but you!!

Thanks for taking your time to make the note,cos I hardly make notes or comments !!

You are welcome wink

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by GenFunction: 1:23pm On Mar 01
Thier mothers are responsible for dis 99 out of 100.

2 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by enemachris(m): 1:25pm On Mar 01
Their mothers made it so. I was a victim.I fear who no fear women.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by skedy1(m): 1:25pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
Then, Why so much hatred among step siblings?
Like he said, blame their mums

This fight for supremacy in that home would make these women crosss the line.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Zooposki(f): 1:25pm On Mar 01
Zonefree:
Blame their mothers.

Women have ways of destroying a happy home.

God and Adam were paddy until Eve came.

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by NobleAngell(f): 1:25pm On Mar 01
No be today. Didn't you see what happened between Sarah and Hagar? Don't blame the children. The mothers are usually the root cause but the ultimate cause is the men. Why will you marry a woman and put her through the pain of polygamy? Even you men cannot stand the competition of your women being with other men.

2 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Honestey: 1:26pm On Mar 01
This problem is natural but if a man with 2 or more wives is just and took care of education of his children and unit them, they will see themselves as one(To an extent) .

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Reelmii: 1:26pm On Mar 01
I blame the father in all of this...it was his selfishness that brought this to this children..all in the name of men are polygamous in nature
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by oyeb15: 1:27pm On Mar 01
Haba.... My step mother is very very wicked.
My step eldest sister too don't want any child to make it more than her in d family.

My own brothers too are betrayers. But one of my step brothers is free , loving and never descriminate.

It's a matter of who you are.

3 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by skedy1(m): 1:28pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
Knowing that the women aren't happy sharing one man, thereby making troubles, why is it so difficult for the children to love each other as siblings? And why do men keep creating more of these problems?
Children learn alot from their parents, especially from their mum because she interfaces more wour the child. Bit by bit, such character becomes a habit you can't do without in maturity. That's why you and your partner always have issues because of different upbringing, one can't seem to change.

2 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by sageb: 1:29pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
There's a lady cleaner in my office, who recently lost his eldest brother. They live in the same city, where she has no meaningful job, no accomodations, but his big brother is a multi millionaire. Who can fix her up in a jiffy, but according to the story, he wouldn't because they're step siblings and past record from her mom towards his mom, wouldn't let him help any of his step siblings.
My questions are:
Why is there too much hatred among step siblings?
Isn't your father the root cause of your hurt?
Why do you easily forgive your father, but can't do the same to his children?
Why do we inherit enemies from our parents and don't want to let go?
Why do men still choose to have children from different women knowing that their children might not love each other and might even give him much trauma in old age due to bitterness and hatred for each other?
Is it same in other part of the world?
What is your general opinion on a polygamous family?

The sad reality
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by skedy1(m): 1:33pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
There's a lady cleaner in my office, who recently lost his eldest brother. They live in the same city, where she has no meaningful job, no accomodations, but his big brother is a multi millionaire. Who can fix her up in a jiffy, but according to the story, he wouldn't because they're step siblings and past record from her mom towards his mom, wouldn't let him help any of his step siblings.
My questions are:
Why do men still choose to have children from different women knowing that their children might not love each other and might even give him much trauma in old age due to bitterness and hatred for each other?

Step or half siblings??

I think you meant half siblings. Someone can educate me please
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Rivermonster(m): 1:37pm On Mar 01
Your step siblings or Siblings because I have step siblings and we love each other. Stop generalizing be specific.
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by colestephan86: 1:38pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
My questions are:
Greed is the number one cause of hatred among step siblings, if a man is very wealthy and has many children from different wives, once greed sets in , forget it
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by sirblend: 1:41pm On Mar 01
whippersnapper:
Polygamy only favors the man you go knack tire but na your children go suffer ahm. Especially this day’s wey women dey visit babalawo up and down. E done be for your first wife children them go use jazz kill all of them i fit bet my balls on this

The truth is that sex reduces once you get married..

Single men and women have more sex than married people..

3 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by YelloweWest: 1:41pm On Mar 01
Zonefree:
Blame their mothers.

My mother never met the mother of my fathers love child who is my step brother. He still hates all of us his step siblings!

It's just unnatural. Have all your kids with one person
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by abobote: 1:48pm On Mar 01
This has been one of my fear, I have a son from another woman, though he lives with us as he has other siblings from my wife.
But the way the mum keep disturbing us with calls and keep reminding him that he has a different mother, even when he is not thinking in that direction

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Munzy14(m): 1:50pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
My questions are:
The women who birthed those children are the real enemies of polygamy.
From day one they plant the seed of hatred and unhealthy competition in their children.

Those children will grow with that psychology of always wanting the downfall of the other.

The women need to change in other to correct this abnormal normal.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by gabbytabby: 1:50pm On Mar 01
The fact that a man chooses to lay down with one or several women and have children that he cannot raise does not mean any of his children have to inherit his liabilities.

Many people truncate their own life carrying this burden. Everyone suppose hustle for what they want so no sense of entitlement from any quarters.

If they choose to help so be it. Some sibling will then be having children they cannot look after and calling them your children on top of expectations that the person will help them and help them raise their children too.

All the bad behaviour and lack of responsibility needs to stop. They will over work people to an early grave nonsense.

Often times there is a scramble for limited resources leading to jealousy and anger and the women might not like each other and everyone backs their ma. So one fights the world and comes home to continue the battle. This toxic and disfunction is less when there is means.

Darlingme:
My questions are:
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by YelloweWest: 1:50pm On Mar 01
Zonefree:
Blame their mothers.

Men always blame women for their woes but God is not having it.

1. Was Eve there when God gave Adam the instruction not to eat the forbidden fruit? No.

2. Did the Bible record the seriousness with which Adam told Eve the consequences of the violation of the order, the way God warned Adam and told him the consequence is death? No

3. When Eve ate the apple, did God react? No!! He waited for Adam whom He gave the instruction directly.

4. When Adam used the excuse of "the woman you gave me" what was God's response?

Adam was given the heavier punishment because he received the instruction and he violated it. He was responsible before God not Eve.
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by TheFarmer1: 1:51pm On Mar 01
Emmanuel30a:
Why is so much hatred in you? Hate is red and you have red in you/with you... Fred is red, Alfred is red... Hence, they are full of hatred/full with hatred... I don't wants to talk about hammed&mohammed...

Wetin this one dey talk? undecided undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Marriage: Is It Worth It? / Five Things You Did As A Child / (photos) World Biggest Snake Killed In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.