Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? (13611 Views)

I Feel Hatred Towards My Husband / Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? / How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by HighTableVoice: 1:53pm On Mar 01
Call it what it is... it’s the mothers
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by gabbytabby: 1:55pm On Mar 01
If he cannot feed, house, cloth and educate them then he has no business and is totally irresponsible having more than 1.

yes
Zonefree:

How's it the fault of an African man to have two wives? undecided
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by MatrixCircle: 1:56pm On Mar 01
Blame the first wife who became stubborn and nagging that eventually made the man to take the second wife to cushion his emotions. shocked shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by allthingsgood: 2:01pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
There's a lady cleaner in my office, who recently lost his eldest brother. They live in the same city, where she has no meaningful job, no accomodations, but his big brother is a multi millionaire. Who can fix her up in a jiffy, but according to the story, he wouldn't because they're step siblings and past record from her mom towards his mom, wouldn't let him help any of his step siblings.
My questions are:
Why is there too much hatred among step siblings?
Isn't your father the root cause of your hurt?
Why do you easily forgive your father, but can't do the same to his children?
Why do we inherit enemies from our parents and don't want to let go?
Why do men still choose to have children from different women knowing that their children might not love each other and might even give him much trauma in old age due to bitterness and hatred for each other?
Is it same in other part of the world?
What is your general opinion on a polygamous family?

Not only step siblings

Sometimes even children with the same mother and father hate each other with passion

6 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by RodgersAkpafu: 2:01pm On Mar 01
Omoawoke:
Step siblings from same mother don’t hate each other , it’s always step siblings from same father but different mothers. This shows how women are capable of sewing the seeds of jealousy and hatred
True
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by PortHarcourtcit(m): 2:02pm On Mar 01
Zonefree:

some women can destroy home for Africa...
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by peterboro: 2:03pm On Mar 01
Some women are just devil in human form. they always hate unity and peace in any family they got into.

This what is cooking through my elder who's the second son. wife is just busy bringing confusion, hatred and disunity into our family for no good reason.

She's busy instigating hate to my brother against his family, while she sanctifies her own family.

She hate all my younger female siblings including my mother except for me who's very close to them, because they have no choice cos naturally me dey very reasonable and matured in dealings and accomodating people no matter how stupid might be due to my level of education and exposure. BUT ON A NORMAL. NEVER TRUST WHO HATE YOUR FAMILY. NEVER!

6 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Dougad: 2:10pm On Mar 01
As a kid, I wonderee why there was subtle resentment between my dad and his half siblings. I thought it was over petty things that didn't matter.

As an adult, I realize my dad was right to have such feelings. If anything, his feeling towards them were actually tamer that what it should be. I no send any of their papa for where I dey

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Dougad: 2:11pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
You have a point, but don't you think is the man's fault? Bringing two women together in that way?

Especially stupid men wey no get money.
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by yomi531(m): 2:12pm On Mar 01
I love my step Siblings dieee. Though most pple tend to hate theirs because of what their mothers would have told them but, mine is different. Some women are very wicked.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by pacespot(m): 2:16pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
There's a lady cleaner in my office, who recently lost his eldest brother. They live in the same city, where she has no meaningful job, no accomodations, but his big brother is a multi millionaire. Who can fix her up in a jiffy, but according to the story, he wouldn't because they're step siblings and past record from her mom towards his mom, wouldn't let him help any of his step siblings.
My questions are:
Why do men still choose to have children from different women knowing that their children might not love each other and might even give him much trauma in old age due to bitterness and hatred for each other?

I've seen many people getting themselves into serious trouble trying to help their step siblings. It is nature of bitter rivalry between married women to the same man causing this. Many step siblings too want to see themselves bigger than each other, except you are of the same mother, you gotta be careful with your step siblings.

I'm not saying you should not help but don't jeopardize anything for them.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:16pm On Mar 01
Mothers are the cause. They love to antagonize their children against their step siblings. Even if the mothers could not succeed in such antics, they resort to manipulation.

I will marry two wives. The first wife's children will be civilians the 2nd wife's children will be military and lawyers. They will take care of themselves. I love adventure

3 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by grandstar(m): 2:17pm On Mar 01
The root problem is the father. He did not ensure they were close as little children.

My dad had 3 wives, my mom being the first. My dad ensured we were close to my half-sibling as early as possible. My mom wasn't happy about this but today, it has proven to be a blessing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by luminouz(m): 2:27pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
My questions are:
You already lost the argument after the ' your father is the root cause' part. Instead of logic, you used emotions and that's boring.

Did you read the part of 'what his mom did to her mom'? So, how is that the man's fault? Because he married two wives? Or that the wives failed to be close pals? In your lame attempt to shift-blame men for polygamy, you failed to realize that even blood siblings don't help one another and many step siblings are actually closer than your think.

How hard is it for you ladies to reason logically for God's sake?

2 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Blackdisciple(m): 2:29pm On Mar 01
Their both mum is always the problem

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by winner37(m): 2:29pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
My questions are:

You will not understand, am a living testimony of what I gone through in hand of my stepmom to and extent she poisoned my food but thanks to God I didn't eat the food ..
Last two years I traveled to my state I had to pickup her first son back to the city I fed the guy till he has work I didn't avenged on what his mum did to me is God that will reward her of her evil deeds .

2 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Ladoja19: 2:30pm On Mar 01
Coz this is about woman
And no man on earth can certified one
And it's written boldly in Quran
Marries two or four once u can certify dem

One idiot that can't even feed himself three meals a day, av no boyant work.
Will now marry 3 wifes just bcoz God said many

The children will surely end up hating
No be cause
Zonefree:

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by aribisala0(m): 2:33pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
My questions are:
Do you mean half siblings?

That is not the same as step siblings
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by grandstar(m): 2:33pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
Knowing that the women aren't happy sharing one man, thereby making troubles, why is it so difficult for the children to love each other as siblings? And why do men keep creating more of these problems?

Their individual mothers poisons the minds of their children out of bitterness and jealousy against the other wives, and their half siblings. Women are extremely good in creating distrust and bitterness.

When my maternal grandad died, when my mother was around 7, his wife ensured thar her mother and her were cut off from her children.

Only one of them kept in contact with her, and it was a fantastic relation. The very troublesome son of her half sibling, her nephew, even stayed with us for some time at Ilupeju.

When his brother, was deported from the UK in 1990, it was our place he first came to bunk.

5 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by aribisala0(m): 2:35pm On Mar 01
Ladoja19:
Coz this is about woman
And no man on earth can certified one
And it's written boldly in Quran
Marries two or four once u can certify dem

One idiot that can't even feed himself three meals a day, av no boyant work.
Will now marry 3 wifes just bcoz God said many

The children will surely end up hating
No be cause
So those who can feed 300 times a day their children from separate wives are full of love and goodwill for each other?
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by WithFact: 2:37pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
You have a point, but don't you think is the man's fault? Bringing two women together in that way?

Good question but take a look at the question itself and you will come to the term that women are enemies to them even a mile apart from each other.
Wife vrs mother-in-law
Wife vrs sister-in-law
Wife vrs co-wife.
Wife vrs daughter.

Too much jealous.

3 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by finallybusy: 2:38pm On Mar 01
1. It is only on Nairaland that children claim their bond with half and step siblings is stronger than that others share for their full-blooded relatives.

2. Which local feminist is OP? Everybody is revealing the root cause of the mindset. OP strongly believes it was caused by the father. If the father in the story was dead, OP would label the uncles, gateman and driver as the causes of disunity.

3. Thank God I didn’t grow up in a polygamous home. Both of my parents did. They suffer what I term PTSD from the ordeal.

2 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Greenfaces: 2:39pm On Mar 01
Not just step siblings, actual siblings
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Anguldi(m): 2:43pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
My questions are:
Women are demonic, they are very good at sowing seeds of discord. Why do you think is only women that have problems when you visit church ministries. I mean 99%. Relationship btw siblings is better in Islamic homes though not 💯%. I've younger ones I've not seen in seven years and their mum is the problem

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Zannix(m): 2:46pm On Mar 01
Ask their mothers!

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Anguldi(m): 2:46pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
Some men don't think ahead, I've advised him against it but bro is hell bent because of my personal experience. He wants another wife because of her wealth, she's a successful business woman.
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by dnawah(m): 2:59pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
My questions are:
na the mothers the cause am. Na waiting some of us the suffer now.them come carry juju add am.😭na God hand we dey.
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by Emekuz256(m): 3:05pm On Mar 01
Opp... What you said is true cos I know of some siblings who are at enemity with their steps... Bt opp not all , cos I also have a step/half sibling we co-operate together and tho he doesn't stay in the same city with us , we talk ND chat ND even help us financially.i also know of some half siblings who are at peace with their fellow step mom children. So opp. I feel mothers of both should try be at peace and promote peace cos they will die leaving the children all to themselves

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by sylve11: 3:11pm On Mar 01
We4all:
Hmnn...Half siblings who share the same father hardly love themselves, but those who share the same mothers are closer.

The hatred is usually as the result of the hate relationship their mothers have. So, in solidarity to their mothers, the trend continues.

There is always a silent or loud war raging in polygamous families as everything is competition to them. Even as adults, they compete amongst themselves and see each other as enemies.

Nevertheless, I know half siblings who share the same fathers, but are still very close. I think it sometimes boils down to individuality and how they were raised.

Everything you wrote down is nothing but the truth 💯. cool
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by femi4: 3:17pm On Mar 01
Darlingme:
My questions are:
Mother's bond is stronger than that of the father. Its difficult to accept a "sibling" from another mother
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by sylve11: 3:19pm On Mar 01
skedy1:

Children learn alot from their parents, especially from their mum because she interfaces more wour the child. Bit by bit, such character becomes a habit you can't do without in maturity. That's why you and your partner always have issues because of different upbringing, one can't seem to change.

Making sense. cool
Re: Why So Much Hatred Between Step Siblings? by thinkmoney(m): 3:21pm On Mar 01
Zonefree:
Blame their mothers.

Women have ways of destroying a happy home.

God and Adam were paddy until Eve came.
It the father that bright competing teams into an arena. They will compete.
Show wisdom please and direct blame to appropriate quarters

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

100 Women Who Inspire Us In Our World Today / (photos) World Biggest Snake Killed In Africa / When Envy Strikes: How To Put Jealousy To Good Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.