Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) (22463 Views)

What Food Can You Eat Everyday And Not Get Tired? / What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? / Which Food Do You Hate That Most People Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by folake4u(f): 6:33am On Mar 01
Tallesty1:
I agree with you on those ones.

Not liking garri in Nigeria should be illegal.

It deserves a national holiday sef.

Ututu Oma

I can eat eba. I am not just a fan of drinking garri.

You don't like assorted too?

National holiday bawo? Mtcheww. undecided

Good morning to you too. kiss
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by theamazonguru(m): 6:44am On Mar 01
Olokolobo:
Are you from ekiti?

Hahahaha
No oh
Not at all.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by chariisGRACE(m): 6:49am On Mar 01
Emu4life:
The Eatery is named "Fisherman Soup" at Woji Road.
If you wan eat fisherman soup, go to Creek road at Town.
Leave all those GRA restaurants. they don't know shvt.

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by yomi531(m): 6:51am On Mar 01
sunsweet33:

I agree, I don’t get the hype around afang/okazi. It has a nasty aftertaste. I remember being confused after trying it, I was wondering if the person prepared it wrongly for this famous soup to be tasting so strange.
πŸ˜…

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by bummyla(m): 7:02am On Mar 01
Mansa
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by beelyjay45(m): 7:41am On Mar 01
Mine is pounded Yam no disrespect to all the fans of it. it just tastes like mashed Yam why go through all the stress of pounding just eat it like that. grin grin grin
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Bruno3000(m): 7:52am On Mar 01
yomi531:
Afang abi?
Yea

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Bellotelli: 8:45am On Mar 01
Mine is hotdog
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by ericmor: 8:57am On Mar 01
Banku. The day I eat that shit in Ghana I thought they bought me something else instead of the banku I asked for. Na nonsense food. when I came back to Nigeria and realized it's the same with what i got in Ghana, they I knew na hype dem just dey hype am

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by deltaF0SS: 9:30am On Mar 01
Anashe:

I'm serious πŸ˜‚ I've just never really liked it.

embarassed sad to see seafood on Ur list, anyways
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by smogicesamson: 9:41am On Mar 01
Black soup, that soup taste like herbal drug

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Tallesty1(m): 9:48am On Mar 01
folake4u:

I can eat eba. I am not just a fan of drinking garri.

You don't like assorted too?

National holiday bawo? Mtcheww. undecided

Good morning to you too. kiss
Garri with milk, sugar, kuli kuli, or coconut and chilled water after a hot day in the sun is better than good a sex.

Eba is not my thing, but I still respect it because it is made from garri.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by jubrilcastle(m): 9:53am On Mar 01
mariahAngel:
Mine is okpa.

I was like why, when I can just eat moi-moi? undecided
God bless you oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
This has to be number one on the list I have tried eating this okpa again and again but I'm not just feeling it. Ended up throwing it away twice it's a no no for me

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by folake4u(f): 10:11am On Mar 01
Tallesty1:
Garri with milk, sugar, kuli kuli, or coconut and chilled water after a hot day in the sun is better than good a sex.

Eba is not my thing, but I still respect it because it is made from garri.

No matter how y'all glorify drinking garri, I'm still not a fan.

How can you compare food to sex? Lol.

Eba ie cool, I don't eat it always though. I seldom eat swallow.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by fred04(m): 10:25am On Mar 01
PIZZA

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by NotGej: 11:07am On Mar 01
Breadfruit

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by ultraviolet27(f): 11:08am On Mar 01
Abacha that overhyped tasteless trash to call it African salad is a disservice to the real vegetable Salad and to think it was even very expensive? Had to buy it the 2nd time thinking the first Seller wasn't good at making still the same trash I don't get the Hype!!

Hot Dog can't get over the rubber like elastic taste

Igbemo Ekiti local rice the Aroma supercedes the taste very Rice wey no dey sweet its just like the aroma from Bakery and the actual taste of Bread

Ewa agoyin upon all the hype I was disappointed with the taste withe the stew tasting like agbo(herbal liquid)

Finally Tapioca I couldn't understand the hype!!

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Rybnyk(m): 11:15am On Mar 01
mariahAngel:
I know that in these perilous times, it might be difficult to consider any food "overhyped".
I mean, Nigerians eat anything these days, but then, take yourself back to when there was abundance. cheesy
Oya, what was that food that you were like what was the fuss about after finally eating it? cheesy

Ugba

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by mariahAngel(f): 11:24am On Mar 01
leathalbeast:
which one is this ?

Now, how can I explain this Oooo? πŸ€”

Do Ghanaians make moi-moi? (Beans blended with onions and peppers, wrapped in leaves, then steamed)
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by mariahAngel(f): 11:29am On Mar 01
ultraviolet27:
Abacha that overhyped tasteless trash to call it African salad is a disservice to the real vegetable Salad and to think it was even very expensive? Had to buy it the 2nd time thinking the first Seller wasn't good at making still the same trash I don't get the Hype!!

Hot Dog can't get over the rubber like elastic taste

Igbemo Ekiti local rice the Aroma supercedes the taste very Rice wey no dey sweet its just like the aroma from Bakery and the actual taste of Bread

Ewa agoyin upon all the hype I was disappointed with the taste withe the stew tasting like agbo(herbal liquid)

Finally Tapioca I couldn't understand the hype!!

Then, that wasn't authentic Ewa agoyin.

If you want to experience the real taste of Ewa agoyin, make sure you buy from the Togolese.

I've searched and searched for the original recipe of the ewa agoyin sauce on YouTube, I'm yet to find it.
What Nigerians make and call it ewa agoyin sauce is not it.
Some even add crayfish and seasoning in theirs. Imagine! πŸ™„
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by mariahAngel(f): 11:59am On Mar 01
Karnice600:

Try Bokku bread. What you smell is what you get.
Just 1k.

So, Bokku dey una area? That bread na highest! smiley

Although, them don reduce the milk drastically. undecided
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by blackmarya(f): 12:14pm On Mar 01
Gbegiri and Abacha
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by leathalbeast: 12:33pm On Mar 01
mariahAngel:

Now, how can I explain this Oooo? πŸ€”

Do Ghanaians make moi-moi? (Beans blended with onions and peppers, wrapped in leaves, then steamed)
do I even know ? apart from eating rice banku, Kenney, beans, dont really know the rest o
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Tallesty1(m): 1:05pm On Mar 01
folake4u:

No matter how y'all glorify drinking garri, I'm still not a fan.

How can you compare food to sex? Lol.

Eba ie cool, I don't eat it always though. I seldom eat swallow.
No drink.

Just give it some respect. grin grin grin grin grin

Like not mentioning it in a thread like this, even though you don't rate it.

I know I shouldn't have; garri is way better, but sex is the closest thing that I could compare it to, not just sex though; only good ones.

You rarely eat swallow? Like all types of swallow?
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by ComeToJesus: 1:12pm On Mar 01
Emu4life:

Omo! Na periwinkle full everywhere with one big Crab.

πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
On a normal, na fresh fish, with fresh shrimps and a lot of other seafoods with some thickening agent. Very delicious meal when you run am with semolina.

I dey even blend small tomatoes add for my own..
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by MrGerald(m): 1:13pm On Mar 01
gentility411:
Seriously, shawarma is overhyped.D way people especially females glorify it, tempted me to try it out. Mehn!!!!!! Dat stuff is as tasteless as Bleep and very expensive too. I wld try a meatpie anyday dan shawarma
Shawarma tasteless? You bought from low cost stingy people

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by folake4u(f): 1:15pm On Mar 01
Tallesty1:
No drink.

Just give it some respect. grin grin grin grin grin

Like not mentioning it in a thread like this, even though you don't rate it.

I know I shouldn't have; garri is way better, but sex is the closest thing that I could compare it to, not just sex though; only good ones.

You rarely eat swallow? Like all types of swallow?

I kuku Nor dey drink am.

Respect kwa? Make I hear word.

I don't rate it. Other people were mentioning fried rice (which is my fave food by the way) but I didn't attack them because I'm a child of God. kiss
But ordinary garri, you want to come for my head. undecided

You people are having sex? (Does sign of the cross). tongue
Food and sex are different issues sha.

I don't eat/like amala, fufu, wheat, semovita. I eat eba and pounded yam.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by gentility411(m): 1:27pm On Mar 01
MrGerald:
Shawarma tasteless? You bought from low cost stingy people

Lolz........... Funny man. Probably, cos i did not enjoy it all.

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by YorubaKing: 1:43pm On Mar 01
1Sharon:

Arabs eat ewedu, they call it molokhiya. It looks more appealing

Yoruba makes the most of ewedu and we do it best than anyone else. 🫑

Okoro Savages shouldn't be talking whenever Yorubas dey talk. cool

Know this and know peace, else go jump off a cliff! angry
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by leathalbeast: 2:00pm On Mar 01
ericmor:
Banku. The day I eat that shit in Ghana I thought they bought me something else instead of the banku I asked for. Na nonsense food. when I came back to Nigeria and realized it's the same with what i got in Ghana, they I knew na hype dem just dey hype am
you are very Stup1d , banku is better than your eba.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Chaseyxl(m): 2:20pm On Mar 01
ABACHA!!! though I am igbo it's way too overhyped abeg
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Laple0541(m): 2:23pm On Mar 01
Ogiame:
That would be Ewedu.. (No disrespect to my SW brothers and sisters)

My ex so over hyped it any time we talk on the phone... So, I decided to try it out. She invited me to their house so I can confirm the hype.

Her mom has already prepared it before my coming, so it was straight to the dinning table.

Amala was very smooth, as it slides it's way down my throat, but the soup, just didn't see the hype. Na the many meat wey surround the soup I just deal with.

But their β€œEwa Goyin” is world class and deserves all the hype

That is the mistake many of you people make. Ewedu is not a soup, it’s just meant to complement whatever soup you prepare as well as making swallowing easy. It taste depends more on the soup you mix it with.

By the way, your ex mom may be a bad cook. Try a good Amala joint before you make your conclusion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Boil Beans Quicker / 8 Best Chinese Restaurants In Abuja / A Rookie Guide To Cooking Premium Nigerian Stew (pictures)