Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,591 members, 7,816,460 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) (22491 Views)

What Food Can You Eat Everyday And Not Get Tired? / What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? / Which Food Do You Hate That Most People Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Acidosis(m): 11:21pm On Feb 29
ukaface:
Egusi soup
Burger
Chicken and chips

Had the same feeling about Burger until I tried Kfc's burger (no tomatoes, spinach, onions, bla bla). Just bread, mayonnaise, and some boneless crispy chicken. Best thing ever 😅

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by ukaface(f): 11:22pm On Feb 29
Acidosis:

Had the same feeling about Burger until I tried Kfc's burger (no tomatoes, spinach, onions, bla bla). Just bread, mayonnaise, and some boneless crispy chicken. Best thing ever 😅
Still it’s overhyped 😤
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Acidosis(m): 11:23pm On Feb 29
ukaface:

Still it’s overhyped 😤

😅😅 gerrout

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by bestmutiu2019(m): 11:28pm On Feb 29
Snail
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Shikena(m): 11:38pm On Feb 29
I tried it twice and found it disappointing. Sweet is relative when it comes to food.
Mexican food is said to be very sweet, I tried various combo many times and couldn't relate - same with Ghana jollof grin .

abobote:

Oha soup is actually very sweet
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by campbelljosh(m): 11:45pm On Feb 29
That Togo food called DONKUNU. You can't eat it beside me. Tueh!
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Anijay1212(m): 11:48pm On Feb 29
Emu4life:
Fishermen Soup
That shit is the most overhyped food in the World. Paid 6k for a plate on Monday in PH. I was extremely disappointed.
Never again.
You were scammed.
It is one of the best and one of the most nutritious soups ever.
cool cool cool
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Babaibeji2020(m): 11:54pm On Feb 29
Dangrace01:
Have you ever passed a bakery before. The way the bread smells is always sweeter than the actual bread.

It has always puzzled me for years

Darm.....I live close to a bakery, still contemplating suing the owner. So much titillating aroma but wen I buy the the bread baked there ...very bland,as in tasteless² 😒

2 Likes

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Anashe: 11:56pm On Feb 29
deltaF0SS:
R u jokin me 😋
cook ruined it 4 u embarassed

trouble in the kingdom ov darkness shocked

I'm serious 😂 I've just never really liked it.

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by santaclaws: 12:09am On Mar 01
ObalendeCMS:

I couldn't get myself to eat that thing when I went to work in Sapele for about 3 months plus, but con see as babes dey rush am.
So disgusting!

Don't mind them. Igbos and Niger deltans, they're always the first to say Ewedu and Amala is disgusting, whereas if you see how they make their food, you'd puke... Starch meant for drying clothes, the local starch for clothes is what they eat in their village.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Damian911: 12:16am On Mar 01
Jollof Rice

Suya

Pounded Yam

The food listed above aren't bad and are quite good but the surrounding hype no be here undecided
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Chidozianu(m): 12:26am On Mar 01
ecolime:

I hate Okpa ehn. Moimoi anyday, anytime.
I love Okpa especially the 042 one. The one of Imo is tasteless.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Chidozianu(m): 12:29am On Mar 01
Amuluonyenaego:

Have u ever tasted okpa nsukka if not, u are seriously missing out.
Every time I eat Enugu Okpa, i feel so high. While I was serving in Enugu, for breakfast, I drink tea with Bread and Okpa grin
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by wman(m): 1:04am On Mar 01
longetivity:
Sharwarma angry

The taste of Shawarma and pizza depends on where you buy it from.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Couldntfigurean: 1:05am On Mar 01
santaclaws:

Don't mind them. Igbos and Niger deltans, they're always the first to say Ewedu and Amala is disgusting, whereas if you see how they make their food, you'd puke... Starch meant for drying clothes, the local starch for clothes is what they eat in their village.
Yoruba are the last for food in Nigeria actually
Amala ewedu,gbegiri,efo riro what else?
Most people even just eat amala cos korunas know how to spice meat and fish,nothing else

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by santaclaws: 1:09am On Mar 01
Couldntfigurean:
Yoruba are the last for food in Nigeria actually
Amala ewedu,gbegiri,efo riro what else?
Most people even just eat amala cos korunas know how to spice meat and fish,nothing else

You don't know 10% of Yoruba foods... Forget what y'all see in Lagos... I'll leave you to keep playing now.

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Couldntfigurean: 1:12am On Mar 01
santaclaws:

You don't know 10% of Yoruba foods... Forget what y'all see in Lagos... I'll leave you to keep playing now.
ok
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by sacrono: 1:15am On Mar 01
Finally tried ewedu last year and I was so disappointed after my colleague hyped it to heavens
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by phr0nesis(m): 1:18am On Mar 01
ObalendeCMS:

Add gbegiri (bean soup) to the ewedu
I don't like gbegiri either.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Readinglamp: 1:18am On Mar 01
MyAmericandream:

Owo wetin? My father cook this food tire for me when I small I still no like. Very tastelss meal.
cheesy me I like am o. Hated it when I was younger. Loved it later. But I hardly eat it sha.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by poshestmina(f): 1:33am On Mar 01
Dshocker:

Try Debonairs Pizza, Domino's Pizza is wack and tasteless.

I have tried different Pizzas from few outlets and lounges ,I just don't 'feel' it. One time a friend bought seafood pizza ,I ended up 'saving ' some of the seafoods and discarded the rest.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by seunayantokun(m): 2:09am On Mar 01
Ogiame:
That would be Ewedu.. (No disrespect to my SW brothers and sisters)

My ex so over hyped it any time we talk on the phone... So, I decided to try it out. She invited me to their house so I can confirm the hype.

Her mom has already prepared it before my coming, so it was straight to the dinning table.

Amala was very smooth, as it slides it's way down my throat, but the soup, just didn't see the hype. Na the many meat wey surround the soup I just deal with.

But their “Ewa Goyin” is world class and deserves all the hype

Maybe them no cook the ewedu proper for you sha.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Omoawoke: 2:17am On Mar 01
mariahAngel:
Mine is okpa.

I was like why, when I can just eat moi-moi? undecided

As in same here, I never was able to swallow it

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Karnice600: 2:46am On Mar 01
Dangrace01:
Have you ever passed a bakery before. The way the bread smells is always sweeter than the actual bread.

It has always puzzled me for years

Try Bokku bread. What you smell is what you get.
Just 1k.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:44am On Mar 01
Okpa...nothing special about it.bitter leaf soup also
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by AmuDimpka: 3:57am On Mar 01
Ogiame:
That would be Ewedu.. (No disrespect to my SW brothers and sisters)

My ex so over hyped it any time we talk on the phone... So, I decided to try it out. She invited me to their house so I can confirm the hype.

Her mom has already prepared it before my coming, so it was straight to the dinning table.

Amala was very smooth, as it slides it's way down my throat, but the soup, just didn't see the hype. Na the many meat wey surround the soup I just deal with.

But their “Ewa Goyin” is world class and deserves all the hype
Ewa agoin isn't a Yoruba food...it's the beans of Agoyin people somewhere in Benin Republic that the Yoruba copied and started cooking it
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by mayor1814: 4:19am On Mar 01
Shawarma

Fried rice... Just gimme jollof rice anytime anyday

Chicken and turkey... Just gimme fish, I'm ok.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by BluntCrazeMan: 4:52am On Mar 01
longetivity:
Sharwarma angry
Pizza for me.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by BluntCrazeMan: 4:54am On Mar 01
Treasure17:
Noodles.
Noodles no get taste.

It's just a boil and chop fast-food for those who don't like taking garri - the fastest fast-food ever.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Tallesty1(m): 6:10am On Mar 01
folake4u:
Pizza.
Shawarma.
Burger.
Drinking garri.
Pap

Oats.
Assorted meat.
Warn yourself oo
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by folake4u(f): 6:14am On Mar 01
Tallesty1:
Warn yourself oo

Why?

I nor like am.

You nor see the others wey I nor like?
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Tallesty1(m): 6:17am On Mar 01
folake4u:

Why?

I nor like am.

You nor see the others wey I nor like?
I agree with you on those ones.

Not liking garri in Nigeria should be illegal.

It deserves a national holiday sef.

Ututu Oma

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Boil Beans Quicker / 8 Best Chinese Restaurants In Abuja / A Rookie Guide To Cooking Premium Nigerian Stew (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.