Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) (22387 Views)

What Food Can You Eat Everyday And Not Get Tired? / What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? / Which Food Do You Hate That Most People Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Munzy14(m): 10:01pm On Feb 29
longetivity:
Sharwarma angry
Lol.

2 Likes

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by ObalendeCMS: 10:02pm On Feb 29
santaclaws:

Coming from people who eat pure starch meant for clothes... yeye dey smell. grin

I couldn't get myself to eat that thing when I went to work in Sapele for about 3 months plus, but con see as babes dey rush am.
So disgusting!
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Soulifting: 10:11pm On Feb 29
Pizza.... just flour base and stew with few streaks of protein.
Dunno what people enjoy in that overexpensive stuff
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Olat4421: 10:12pm On Feb 29
Sharwama
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Alimzy20(m): 10:14pm On Feb 29
Ogiame:
That would be Ewedu.. (No disrespect to my SW brothers and sisters)

My ex so over hyped it any time we talk on the phone... So, I decided to try it out. She invited me to their house so I can confirm the hype.

Her mom has already prepared it before my coming, so it was straight to the dinning table.

Amala was very smooth, as it slides it's way down my throat, but the soup, just didn't see the hype. Na the many meat wey surround the soup I just deal with.

But their “Ewa Goyin” is world class and deserves all the hype
RUBBISH STEW
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by sunsweet33: 10:31pm On Feb 29
Dangrace01:
Have you ever passed a bakery before. The way the bread smells is always sweeter than the actual bread.

It has always puzzled me for years

You are right. Actually most bread is not properly seasoned. It shouldn’t just be a bland mixture of flour and water. It should have a flavour but only a few skilful bakers know how to incorporate it.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by yemmit90: 10:32pm On Feb 29
Jennyclay:
I hate Turkey undecided

The taste and price is just too overrated and overhyped. undecided

Literally everyone I tell says something banal like, "You just haven't had it cooked properly!" Bla bla bla.… Chicken is the best.

If I cook with chicken it’s give me this natural lovely delicious chicken flavor taste and aroma but if I cook with Turkey it gives me 0 taste 0 flavor and 0 aroma. Nothing!! Nothing!! Nothing!!

Because the chicken are mostly fresh from farm, until Turkey that have been preserved by dangerous chemical and stayed for weeks on its journey from Europe. If you eat fresh turkey, you will love it.

Stay away from imported frozen food.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by isax(m): 10:33pm On Feb 29
Dangrace01:
Have you ever passed a bakery before. The way the bread smells is always sweeter than the actual bread.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE YOU ARE ONPOINT cool
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by leathalbeast: 10:38pm On Feb 29
mariahAngel:
Mine is okpa.

I was like why, when I can just eat moi-moi? undecided
which one is this ?
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by hustla(m): 10:38pm On Feb 29
myrates:
pizza, more like a glorified bread

Where do you get yours from?

Nigerian pizza is like suffering o ooo

grin

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by femi4: 10:39pm On Feb 29
Ogiame:
That would be Ewedu.. (No disrespect to my SW brothers and sisters)

My ex so over hyped it any time we talk on the phone... So, I decided to try it out. She invited me to their house so I can confirm the hype.

Her mom has already prepared it before my coming, so it was straight to the dinning table.

Amala was very smooth, as it slides it's way down my throat, but the soup, just didn't see the hype. Na the many meat wey surround the soup I just deal with.

But their “Ewa Goyin” is world class and deserves all the hype
Ewedu is goated with Amala....don't play
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by femi4: 10:41pm On Feb 29
mariahAngel:
I know that in these perilous times, it might be difficult to consider any food "overhyped".
I mean, Nigerians eat anything these days, but then, take yourself back to when there was abundance. cheesy
Oya, what was that food that you were like what was the fuss about after finally eating it? cheesy

Pounded yam

I see it as just another swallow

Infact no swallow make sense without a fantastic soup
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by LordFA: 10:43pm On Feb 29
The food you don't like would definitely be over hyped. The ones you like so much is over hyped to another.
So, all foods are over hyped

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Busu001: 10:44pm On Feb 29
Dan wake grin

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Dshocker(m): 10:45pm On Feb 29
mariahAngel:

Is there a special way okpa Enugu is prepared?

Yes, just like the way Yorubas fry akara in Lagos, you can't compare it with the ones fried in Edo state, because Edo state is number 1, when it comes to akara.

Okpa originated from Enugu state, so theirs taste differently.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by sunsweet33: 10:46pm On Feb 29
safarifarms:

I'm a farmer. I rear chickens (broilers and noiler) and I also rear local turkey and goat. I've had the luxury of eating chicken and turkey for fun. My wife uses chicken and turkey to cook any soup and stew. One thing I've noted about most animals (birds and others as I used to rear rabbits too in the past), if you happen to eat one that is not fully mature you can assume that the animal is not tasty to eat. With my experience, given mature broiler, noiler and turkey I'll choose in this order;
1. Turkey
2. Noiler
3. Broiler
When I say mature, I mean at least 1 year old for Turkey and Noiler and at least 8 weeks old for broiler. I will suspect you ate turkey that is not fully mature or imported frozen turkey that has not been properly handled (broken cold chain).

Meanwhile some sellers in the market sell less than 6wks broilers. If you happen to buy one, you can wonder why it's so tasteless and bad for pepper-soup.

Thanks for the explanation. Maybe I have been fortunate enough only to have come across grownup turkeys cos I can’t understand these comments. Turkey meat is delicious

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by sparko1(m): 10:49pm On Feb 29
longetivity:
Sharwarma angry

And pizza 🍕
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by PromiseDilshad(m): 10:51pm On Feb 29
Ghanian jollof. No be me talk amooo
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by sunsweet33: 10:51pm On Feb 29
yomi531:
Afang has this bitter taste I don't like. E dey do me like say I dey chop bitter leaf. As for banga, nothing sweet there joor. It’s just there .

I agree, I don’t get the hype around afang/okazi. It has a nasty aftertaste. I remember being confused after trying it, I was wondering if the person prepared it wrongly for this famous soup to be tasting so strange.

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Tommydare(m): 10:55pm On Feb 29
Ofe onobu.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Theta1: 10:55pm On Feb 29
Igbo et Cigar
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by okeke6969: 10:58pm On Feb 29
Jennyclay:
I hate Turkey undecided

The taste and price is just too overrated and overhyped. undecided

Literally everyone I tell says something banal like, "You just haven't had it cooked properly!" Bla bla bla.… Chicken is the best.

If I cook with chicken it’s give me this natural lovely delicious chicken flavor taste and aroma but if I cook with Turkey it gives me 0 taste 0 flavor and 0 aroma. Nothing!! Nothing!! Nothing!!

See, the turkey meat we eat here is embalmed from overseas the reason the reduction in flavor and aroma
Check out live one, buy and prepare it, you will see the difference.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by DrFunmisticGlow: 11:01pm On Feb 29
Ofe nsala is overrated. Doesn't justify the price. It's just peppersoup with cocoyam abi yam inside
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Stanweezy(m): 11:03pm On Feb 29
Funkyswagzz:

I hate oha soup don't see the hype in it

My broda, we dey the same lane
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Tektronics12: 11:03pm On Feb 29
Try a place called "WHITE HOUSE" in Yaba. You would love Ewedu from now on.
obiekunie01:
Ewedu!

the most hyped useless food i have ever taste.

the look is NOT APPEALING!

the taste is DISDUSTING! NYAMMAA!

i will never ever ever put that food in my mouth ever ever again!

DISCLAIMER: I don't mean it as a disrespect any persons or group.

1 Like

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Emu4life(m): 11:05pm On Feb 29
chariisGRACE:

You don't know what you're saying, Chief.
The Eatery is named "Fisherman Soup" at Woji Road.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Chizelum(f): 11:06pm On Feb 29
[quote author=mariahAngel post=Mine is okpa.
I was like why, when I can just eat moi-moi?
How do I forgive your disrespect to okpa?
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Emu4life(m): 11:06pm On Feb 29
ComeToJesus:

Dem no sabi cook am..
Omo! Na periwinkle full everywhere with one big Crab.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Acidosis(m): 11:07pm On Feb 29
1. Anything mamaput, especially their amala and ewedu. Nothing can be more overrated.

2. Jollof rice or "Party jollof" I think we abuse the word too much. Nearly all the established restaurant chains abuse jollof and fried rice with their bland, tasteless, and salty recipe. I'm yet to recover from the last one I had at sweet sensation. I love Chicken Republic for their consistency in selling crap too. Visit any of their outlets and you'll get the same bland taste. I must commend whoever supplies them some red ONGA abi na AJI NO MOTO.

3. Grilled fish, grilled plantain, grilled meat, grill bla bla bla. Omo stop smoking my food with charcoal and salt. Put that meat in a fryer like right now! The taste/pleasure lies in the act of frying, not some burnt, bitter, and salty grilled crap 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by fineboynl(m): 11:08pm On Feb 29
Hotdog is far better than shawarma.
Try hotdog and you will know that
Shawarma is overhype.

Abacha or Africa salad. The Igbos so glorify that shit. It smells to high haven. In fact it stinks and smell terrible like shit.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:13pm On Feb 29
Dangrace01:

Not my bread
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by ukaface(f): 11:14pm On Feb 29
Egusi soup
Burger
Chicken and chips

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See How I Made This Simple Sauce Using Minced Meat (pics And Vid) / Who Else Finds It Difficult Eating Food Without Meat, Fish Or Egg? / The Two Apple I Bought Today. The Price Shock Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.