Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) (22376 Views)

What Food Can You Eat Everyday And Not Get Tired? / What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? / Which Food Do You Hate That Most People Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Ogiame: 7:28pm On Feb 29
Sonnobax15:
grin grin. I don dey suspect Tay Tay self....Banga soup to the world.
Gold plated. grin
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by obaidan: 7:28pm On Feb 29
Anybody that mentions amala should be buried alive

Pizza, Chicken pepper soup and Fried rice are all overrated and pointless especially chicken pepper soup

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by rapheal5(m): 7:29pm On Feb 29
Ogiame:
That would be Ewedu.. (No disrespect to my SW brothers and sisters)

My ex so over hyped it any time we talk on the phone... So, I decided to try it out. She invited me to their house so I can confirm the hype.

Her mom has already prepared it before my coming, so it was straight to the dinning table.

Amala was very smooth, as it slides it's way down my throat, but the soup, just didn't see the hype. Na the many meat wey surround the soup I just deal with.

But their “Ewa Goyin” is world class and deserves all the hype
sorry bro ur ex mom no sabi cook, if you dey lagos e get where I fit recommend for you to go have a taste of iya akeem amala, ewedu and gbegiri. But kindly listen to my new track,it's the voice of the masses.. leave a comment pls..
https://audiomack.com/el-raphel/song/hardship-ebi-npa-wa

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by RALPHOW(m): 7:29pm On Feb 29
It's that Enugu Okpa!
Tasteless, and my colleagues will be like never pass through Enugu without Okpa for them ooooò

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by rapheal5(m): 7:31pm On Feb 29
Jennyclay:
I hate Turkey undecided

The taste and price is just too overrated and overhyped. undecided

Literally everyone I tell says something banal like, "You just haven't had it cooked properly!" Bla bla bla.… Chicken is the best.

If I cook with chicken it’s give me this natural lovely delicious chicken flavor taste and aroma but if I cook with Turkey it gives me 0 taste 0 flavor and 0 aroma. Nothing!! Nothing!! Nothing!!
I guess them never sell ostrich for you call am chicken before, you go hate chicken...
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by sageb: 7:31pm On Feb 29
thatigboman:
uyo is the best place to eat fisherman soup. PH own is called native soup. Fisherman soup is sweeter though

You see Akwa Ibom and Cross River women, they are the best cooks/chefs.

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Readinglamp: 7:31pm On Feb 29
sageb:

You see how you have revealed your ignorance.
There is a difference between the food- cassava starch and the laundry/cloth starch. The food starch is made from cassava processing.
Cassava starch and Banga soup is a popular meal in Delta state, Bayelsa and Rivers state.
So delicious
But dem still dey use the white cassava starch on clothes na.

Anyway I love my starch and banga or owo sha.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by olax02(m): 7:32pm On Feb 29
longetivity:
fvck bro, I love ewedu more than any Nigerian girl cheesy grin
Omo Ewedu and Gbegiri...i like these more than my Balls grin

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by sweetgala(m): 7:32pm On Feb 29
Pizza. Never quite got it

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by SonofGod231: 7:33pm On Feb 29
I recently had a meal at a lit restaurant and regained consciousness to Life.
We eat nonsense daily and most of us are just far from gravity.
Ocean combo. Just the table water alone is 2k but in the end it was worth it.

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by kissval1388: 7:34pm On Feb 29
No matter how you cook Macaroni, it will never be sweet....

Just give me spaghetti please

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by bewla(m): 7:36pm On Feb 29
Ogiame:
That would be Ewedu.. (No disrespect to my SW brothers and sisters)

My ex so over hyped it any time we talk on the phone... So, I decided to try it out. She invited me to their house so I can confirm the hype.

Her mom has already prepared it before my coming, so it was straight to the dinning table.

Amala was very smooth, as it slides it's way down my throat, but the soup, just didn't see the hype. Na the many meat wey surround the soup I just deal with.

But their “Ewa Goyin” is world class and deserves all the hype
Chinese frog
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Omoluabi16(m): 7:37pm On Feb 29
Catfish, shawarma.

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Houseontherock1: 7:37pm On Feb 29
obiekunie01:
Ewedu!

the most hyped useless food i have ever taste.

the look is NOT APPEALING!

the taste is DISDUSTING! NYAMMAA!

i will never ever ever put that food in my mouth ever ever again!

DISCLAIMER: I don't mean it as a disrespect any persons or group.
Disdusting indeed undecided
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by naijapips02: 7:37pm On Feb 29
Pizza is shit.

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Jaftee(m): 7:38pm On Feb 29
Kpomo has zero of everything good. it adds nothing. it's as if you are eating your shoe

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Sleekfingers: 7:38pm On Feb 29
mariahAngel:
I know that in these perilous times, it might be difficult to consider any food "overhyped".
I mean, Nigerians eat anything these days, but then, take yourself back to when there was abundance. cheesy
Oya, what was that food that you were like what was the fuss about after finally eating it? cheesy

Say some Nigerians. I don't eat anything these day, I eat what I feel like eating. Although it might be a little expensive currently,.

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Kaptainkoko: 7:38pm On Feb 29
mariahAngel:
I know that in these perilous times, it might be difficult to consider any food "overhyped".
I mean, Nigerians eat anything these days, but then, take yourself back to when there was abundance. cheesy
Oya, what was that food that you were like what was the fuss about after finally eating it? cheesy

Salad.
As in what's the hype In eating grass ?

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by jumper524(m): 7:38pm On Feb 29
Pizza, that shit isn't even sweet.
Turkey hype and price too much when it doesn't taste better than chicken.

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by virginboy1(m): 7:39pm On Feb 29
Pussy undecided

so overhyped

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by martineverest(m): 7:39pm On Feb 29
Pizza,sushi,Amala+ ewedu,okpa and abacha

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by kenmoren(m): 7:39pm On Feb 29
Dodo😑

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Realtord43: 7:39pm On Feb 29
Fried Rice, with all the stress it come with in preparing it and the aroma, the after taste is not worth it.

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Sleekfingers: 7:39pm On Feb 29
mariahAngel:
Mine is okpa.

I was like why, when I can just eat moi-moi? undecided

I have tried it once in the 90's I hate that shit.
Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Wizman423: 7:40pm On Feb 29
Chinese bread 🥖. No taste at all

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by pocohantas(f): 7:41pm On Feb 29
Jennyclay:
I hate Turkey undecided

The taste and price is just too overrated and overhyped. undecided

Literally everyone I tell says something banal like, "You just haven't had it cooked properly!" Bla bla bla.… Chicken is the best.

If I cook with chicken it’s give me this natural lovely delicious chicken flavor taste and aroma but if I cook with Turkey it gives me 0 taste 0 flavor and 0 aroma. Nothing!! Nothing!! Nothing!!

Turkey just looks more presidential and it has solid non-intrusive bones. Live chicken is tastier. I rarely eat chicken though. I do 97% turkey. Indeed frozen turkey has no unique taste. I reckon live one would be different.

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by AngelicBeing: 7:42pm On Feb 29
I can't remember nor recall any jare wink

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by mokset123: 7:43pm On Feb 29
gentility411:
Seriously, shawarma is overhyped.D way people especially females glorify it, tempted me to try it out. Mehn!!!!!! Dat stuff is as tasteless as Bleep and very expensive too. I wld try a meatpie anyday dan shawarma
felt same way when i first tried it. But when someone recommended a different place where I could try Shawarma. The difference was clear, so my conclusion was some eat out joints cannot make shawarma.

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by Sleekfingers: 7:43pm On Feb 29
longetivity:
Sharwarma angry

Try sharwama prepared by Lebanese in Nigeria. Not all those yeye sharwama most Nigerians dey make.

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by edgeP(m): 7:43pm On Feb 29
Ewedu and gbegiri, abacha, catfish pepersoup. Stew

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by blowjohn(m): 7:44pm On Feb 29
Black soup (benin)... Aswear that soup no be here
Banga soup.... All na oil.
Oha soup ( why would u allow large chunks of leaves inside soup for eff sake)

Re: What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 7:44pm On Feb 29
You be mu.mu
obiekunie01:
Ewedu!

the most hyped useless food i have ever taste.

the look is NOT APPEALING!

the taste is DISDUSTING! NYAMMAA!

i will never ever ever put that food in my mouth ever ever again!

DISCLAIMER: I don't mean it as a disrespect any persons or group.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Else Finds It Difficult Eating Food Without Meat, Fish Or Egg? / See How I Made This Simple Sauce Using Minced Meat (pics And Vid) / The Two Apple I Bought Today. The Price Shock Me