Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,744 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? (41234 Views)

Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time / My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. / A Nairalander Cooks Egusi Soup London Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Xkale1996(m): 10:15pm On Feb 29
thymetraveler:
Omoh yesterday I prepared a delicious egusi soup, garnished with chicken breast, pomo, goat meat, titus fish, dry fish and okporoko (stock fish)--in addition to other essential ingredients like spicy (knorr and star), pumpkin leaf, etc etc.

Had a go at it yesterday evening and it was really good smiley
Then I warmed it like around 11:00pm.

This morning, I warmed it like around 8:00 am; I would have frozen it in my freezer but I was expecting a fellow friend who'd told me he would be coming around so I didn't see the need for freezing it yet.

Now, this evening, I just remembered it when it was already 9:50pm--that's the thing sometimes with remote work; one could get engrossed in it sometimes especially if it's my kind that has to do with coding/programming and code analysis.
I just totally forgot sad

By the time I got to the soup, I saw it was almost starting to "foam", and I quickly put it on fire. After warming, it doesn't have the fresh taste it had anymore. Tastes a LITTLE bit sour and lacking flavour sad

Has anyone experienced this? What did you do to the soup (or what can be done)? Food experts.

Mods...
na fridge u for put am na
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by isacolukay(m): 10:18pm On Feb 29
Jewessgratitud3:

You're welcome dear.

You don dey call am dear?
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Jeffy1206(m): 10:33pm On Feb 29
Na your mumu too much! Egusy of all soups left in the pot with this harsh weather? ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿค” You will never get that taste back. Manage the sour soup like that.
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by okeke6969: 10:35pm On Feb 29
thymetraveler:
Anyone that is the first to give me an option that works will receive free 4k from me upfront, no questions asked.
The soup is NOT spoilt, just that it lost most of its taste.
See, married women are really trying o! Taking care of the home and kids with their husbands, and also attending to their works; they never seem to forget the foods in the pots like I just did. Any man that does not appreciate the labour women go through in order to tend the home needs to rethink. Not married yet, but I remember how my mom was always the keeper of the home and my dad the bread winner.

Concerning the condition of the egusi soup, next time you cook egusi, what you maintain is thisรท
1) don't cover the pot completely. Half cover is advisable.
2) don't put or lock your egusi soup in the cupboard, let the pot be on top of your burner and where it can receive fresh air
By avoiding these will make your egusi soup remain fresh.

1 Like

Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Kaybaba5(m): 10:36pm On Feb 29
What you need is onion just slice it and add it to the soup. It works
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Subonbon(m): 10:39pm On Feb 29
jaymichael:
Add a little potash (kaun or akaun).
Second option, add a little baking soda also known as soda bicarbonate. Any of the option works.
correct guy!!!
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Lamas2012(m): 10:40pm On Feb 29
Acidosis:

Discard it. It's gone forever. Before you follow the tips above, ensure you keep some money for some flagyl tablets. You'll need it. Thank God you work from home -easy access to the toilet.

grin

1 Like

Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by NothingDoMe: 10:42pm On Feb 29
We4all:

Use the 4K to prepare a new soup.
Lol. Can the 4K cook that soup?

1 Like

Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by SPAMBOX7: 10:45pm On Feb 29
You work from home yet you forgot you had soup in your pot just yards away. You must be a lazy mf no cap. Tech guys are kinda lazy so I'm not surprised. They believe sitting on their pc and working is more than enough while forgetting to work on other aspects of their lives. Na why most of them be nerds and gets cheated on the most by their women
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by jessylaurel(f): 11:03pm On Feb 29
thymetraveler:
Omoh yesterday I prepared a delicious egusi soup, garnished with chicken breast, pomo, goat meat, titus fish, dry fish and okporoko (stock fish)--in addition to other essential ingredients like spicy (knorr and star), pumpkin leaf, etc etc.

This morning, I warmed it like around 8:00 am; I would have frozen it in my freezer but I was expecting a fellow friend who'd told me he would be coming around so I didn't see the need for freezing it yet.

Now, this evening, I just remembered it when it was already 9:50pm--that's the thing sometimes with remote work; one could get engrossed in it sometimes especially if it's my kind that has to do with coding/programming and code analysis.

By the time I got to the soup, I saw it was almost starting to "foam", and I quickly put it on fire. After warming, it doesn't have the fresh taste it had anymore. Tastes a LITTLE bit sour and lacking flavour sad

Has anyone experienced this? What did you do to the soup (or what can be done)? Food experts.

Mods...

Just get a piece of charcoal drop it inside and bring the soup to cook with it. The soup will be as good as new

1 Like

Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by wunmite06(m): 11:15pm On Feb 29
Simply put one or two charcoal in it while you are warming it. It will remove the sour taste.
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by chuxjay(m): 11:22pm On Feb 29
thymetraveler:

Mods...

Try putting charcoal in it in while warming it.
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Tonystory: 11:24pm On Feb 29
Tranquility2345:

Guy, please go and buy a copy of Brighter Grammar to learn the difference between stir and stare. All these people wey go Yamayama public schools wey teacher go dey speak English like drunkard. Na wa angry

๐Ÿ˜‚ no be my mama tongue sha, English wey u sabi kilofida?
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:38pm On Feb 29
Manage no dey for egusi soup wey don foam, its poisonous. Now for the meats inside it you can do giveaway to ekuke wey dey your street. Next time, after preparing egusi soup, bring it down to cool and refrigerate it immediately. Sorry for your losses!
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Babaibeji2020(m): 11:44pm On Feb 29
We4all:

Using charcoal is definitely not healthy. People are really suffering in the hands of mama put.

๐Ÿคจ
Stop saying what you know nothing about....my grand mum used charcoal on a regular in the village.....guess what? Their life span ain't comparable with this 70 years old bus stop we are living now.
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:45pm On Feb 29
Go and marry young man
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by noblechoco(f): 12:36am On Mar 01
Just add palm oil and onion
And the taste will come back.
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by noblechoco(f): 12:38am On Mar 01
thymetraveler:

Mods...
Maybe you dip your hand to steal the ponmo or chicken breast ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by REALretep(m): 12:40am On Mar 01
thymetraveler:

Thanks for your reply. I'll try the onion with palm oil trick.
charcoal is actually your best option. Works like magic. I've used it several times.
Thank me later
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Mar 01
noblechoco:
Maybe you dip your hand to steal the ponmo or chicken breast ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
That na myth. Dipping your hand in soup is dirty habit but it does not precipitate spoilage. undecided
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Scholace: 2:06am On Mar 01
Egoveen:
Add squashed potato,condensed aloe vera,petrified onions and soured sugar..๐Ÿธ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿป๐Ÿท๐Ÿน๐Ÿถโ˜•๐Ÿต๐Ÿผ๐Ÿด๐Ÿจ๐Ÿง๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿช๐Ÿซ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿณ๐Ÿ”๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ—๐Ÿค๐Ÿฃ
you mean potatoes shell?
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by GodisFirst: 4:29am On Mar 01
Add little quantity of potash (Akanwu) and warm it very well leaving the pot cover open. Sorry your neighbours will be invited by the smell. A lump of Charcoal will help absorb the pungent smell, remove the Charcoal after words.
Next time after cooking Egusi soup, ensure you allow it to cooldown a bit before covering it. You can put the pot cover partially over it allowing it to vent off the steams. Then put in a container and store in the freezer.
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Dshocker(m): 4:46am On Mar 01
Kobojunkie:
Try adding one or more of the following as you cook/warm it.

* Maggi seasoning or any bullion/taste enhancement of your choice,
* Palm Oil
* Pepper
* Bay leaf or Iru
* finely sliced tomatoes and maybe pre-fried(this is for those who don't mind tomatoes in their egusi)

Thank me later

Obviously, you no sabi cook
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Jeje247: 4:57am On Mar 01
Kobojunkie:
Try adding one or more of the following as you cook/warm it.

* Maggi seasoning or any bullion/taste enhancement of your choice,
* Palm Oil
* Pepper
* Bay leaf or Iru
* finely sliced tomatoes and maybe pre-fried(this is for those who don't mind tomatoes in their egusi)

Thank me later
tomato makes egusi sour rapidly. Besides, that soup is gone. Owner should just learn his lesson jare
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Kobojunkie: 5:00am On Mar 01
Jeje247:
โ–  Tomato makes egusi sour rapidly. Besides, that soup is gone. Owner should just learn his lesson jare
I use tomatoes in cooking my egusi and experience none of what you claim. I have used my method to revive many soups so I can't agree with any of what you claim. undecided
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Ten06(m): 5:10am On Mar 01
thymetraveler:

Mods...

Add some potash (akawu) to it, it will become normal
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Munzy14(m): 5:33am On Mar 01
mariahAngel:
๐ŸŽค ๐ŸŽถ Oya so pe o ti lo. E don go. It's gone.๐ŸŽต
Otilo niyen! cheesy

You either manage it like that, or you discard it.
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Ofe ya agbaala uka..

1 Like

Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Uchedizzy(f): 5:44am On Mar 01
Put onion
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by bummyla(m): 5:52am On Mar 01
Add more fresh pepper and crayfish and red oil
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by pikechukwu6(m): 7:05am On Mar 01
So you still dey chop meat
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by We4all: 7:29am On Mar 01
Babaibeji2020:

๐Ÿคจ
Stop saying what you know nothing about....my grand mum used charcoal on a regular in the village.....guess what? Their life span ain't comparable with this 70 years old bus stop we are living now.

So, your grandma adds charcoal to her soup? The poster talked about putting charcoal inside egusi and I said it isn't healthy. What are you hyperventilating about?
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by NFBI: 7:43am On Mar 01
mariahAngel:

Chineke! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
It can't be!

Something must've gone wrong somewhere.

Did you place the soup inside the freezer freshly cooked immediately after it cooled down?

We must get to the bottom of this, before you guys give chicken a bad name. cheesy
I have been noticing that chicken always sour soup not once not twice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Will You Prefer This As December Gift? / How To Select A Good Watermelon / Instead Of Doing Yahoo, I Ventured Into Pap Making Business, At Age 19.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.