Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? (41325 Views)

Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time / My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. / A Nairalander Cooks Egusi Soup London Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Vijuchoco(f): 7:39pm On Feb 29
We4all:

Use the 4K to prepare a new soup.
grin
It won't be enough for the same soup nar
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Okoyiboz3: 7:39pm On Feb 29
thymetraveler:
Anyone that is the first to give me an option that works will receive free 4k from me upfront, no questions asked.
The soup is NOT spoilt, just that it lost most of its taste.
See, married women are really trying o! Taking care of the home and kids with their husbands, and also attending to their works; they never seem to forget the foods in the pots like I just did. Any man that does not appreciate the labour women go through in order to tend the home needs to rethink. Not married yet, but I remember how my mom was always the keeper of the home and my dad the bread winner.

Forget the 4k.

Put palm oil on fire, when heated, add diced onions. Let it fry a bit, then add the Egusi. Stir and put on low heat for like 5 mins.

1 Like

Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by TrackerSK: 7:39pm On Feb 29
See wetin tinubu cause?
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by GRACEGLORY: 7:39pm On Feb 29
thymetraveler:
Omoh yesterday I prepared a delicious egusi soup, garnished with chicken breast, pomo, goat meat, titus fish, dry fish and okporoko (stock fish)--in addition to other essential ingredients like spicy (knorr and star), pumpkin leaf, etc etc.

Had a go at it yesterday evening and it was really good smiley
Then I warmed it like around 11:00pm.

This morning, I warmed it like around 8:00 am; I would have frozen it in my freezer but I was expecting a fellow friend who'd told me he would be coming around so I didn't see the need for freezing it yet.

Now, this evening, I just remembered it when it was already 9:50pm--that's the thing sometimes with remote work; one could get engrossed in it sometimes especially if it's my kind that has to do with coding/programming and code analysis.
I just totally forgot sad

By the time I got to the soup, I saw it was almost starting to "foam", and I quickly put it on fire. After warming, it doesn't have the fresh taste it had anymore. Tastes a LITTLE bit sour and lacking flavour sad

Has anyone experienced this? What did you do to the soup (or what can be done)? Food experts.

Mods...

🙄
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by AngelicBeing: 7:39pm On Feb 29
mariahAngel:
🎤 🎶 Oya so pe o ti lo. E don go. It's gone.🎵
Otilo niyen! cheesy

You either manage it like that, or you discard it.
Hian, like seriously, discard a pot of soup during this famine period, No way, add small palm oil and iru to alter the taste, keep warming it, eat large quantities of it so that it will finish on time grin

2 Likes

Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Judolisco(m): 7:39pm On Feb 29
Add water and a little bit of pepper
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Blackfire(m): 7:41pm On Feb 29
Who did you voted for ??

Before I can give you audience
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Nursepepeye(f): 7:41pm On Feb 29
thymetraveler:
Omoh yesterday I prepared a delicious egusi soup, garnished with chicken breast, pomo, goat meat, titus fish, dry fish and okporoko (stock fish)--in addition to other essential ingredients like spicy (knorr and star), pumpkin leaf, etc etc.

This morning, I warmed it like around 8:00 am; I would have frozen it in my freezer but I was expecting a fellow friend who'd told me he would be coming around so I didn't see the need for freezing it yet.

Now, this evening, I just remembered it when it was already 9:50pm--that's the thing sometimes with remote work; one could get engrossed in it sometimes especially if it's my kind that has to do with coding/programming and code analysis.

By the time I got to the soup, I saw it was almost starting to "foam", and I quickly put it on fire. After warming, it doesn't have the fresh taste it had anymore. Tastes a LITTLE bit sour and lacking flavour sad

Has anyone experienced this? What did you do to the soup (or what can be done)? Food experts.

Mods...
the effects of heat period, the soup has spoilt already, just pack your meat and do another pepper source with it
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Ndidiamaka025(f): 7:41pm On Feb 29
It can never disappoint
adeoyekay:
add small charcoal to it
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Kemadealadire(f): 7:42pm On Feb 29
Enough solutions have been proferred, you can try add a drop or two of lemon and season to taste plus a bit of palm oil.. Google is your friend, the soup isn't much, no harm experimenting😉
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Natbrowny: 7:42pm On Feb 29
U av successfully told us u can afford all the assorteds u put inside egusi and also ur kinda job. Na wah oooo

Anyways.. Put 2 to 3 whole charcoal inside after warming it. The charcoal soaks up all toxins inside and returns the taste.

1 Like

Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Fibonacci88: 7:43pm On Feb 29
Your soup don go Ekenwan. In hall 3 those days in uniben men go bring this soup back to life.

1 Like

Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by vankaid: 7:43pm On Feb 29
Why are you bothering yourself, your soup has now been upgraded to yoghurt soup.

Keep calm and enjoy it.
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by aywagze(m): 7:43pm On Feb 29
So pe otilor (its gone) ..🤔
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Bigsunny01(m): 7:43pm On Feb 29
Rayd502:
You can't get back that freshness...Egusi soup is one soup that requires preservation in a fridge immediately it cools following it's preparation.

With all the condiments you prepared it iwith ,it must have been so tasty. Losing a pot of soup in this Tinubu era is catastrophic.

grin grin grin grin

I always observe dat ponmo and egusi are not friendly
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Kenmatt(m): 7:43pm On Feb 29
It's obvious Egwusi soup gets sour so easily.

Just take note of it, whenever you make an Egwusi soup, just pet it like a new born Baby and pamper it like a fresh egg.

1 Like

Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by pocohantas(f): 7:43pm On Feb 29
Alter the taste.
Heat up oil, add roughly blended onions.
Pour in the soup and fry on low heat.

Add bitterleaf or nchanwu.

Egusi has a short life span. I don't like that soup. I would throw it away if I were you.

1 Like

Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by SonofGod231: 7:45pm On Feb 29
Guy,go throw that thing away before belle worry you.
Na wa ohh.
You know how many soup with chicken guys don throwaway this month?
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by olax02(m): 7:45pm On Feb 29
That's the end of the road for the soup. Hard luck!
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by ellizy(m): 7:45pm On Feb 29
adeoyekay:
add small charcoal to it
Dem suppose naked you beat you
😂
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by mctech(m): 7:46pm On Feb 29
HopeAlive16:

Charcoal is not dangerous to the health. It is anti poison and has other benefits to the body. Besides he's not eating the charcoal, the charcoal absorbs the sourness of the soup and it's job is done there.

You are a literate, informed and educated individual.

OP, send your address and let me come and check if it's still fit for consumption.

The only reagent I need is four wraps of fufu.

1 Like

Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by ISellBeer: 7:47pm On Feb 29
Put enough onions and warm it well.
Come and thank me later.
Onion does wonderful
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by ngwababe(f): 7:48pm On Feb 29
Kobojunkie:
Try adding one or more of the following as you cook/warm it.

* Maggi seasoning or any bullion/taste enhancement of your choice,
* Palm Oil
* Pepper
* Bay leaf

Thank me later

Instead of bay leaf, why not scent leaf?
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Charisma01: 7:48pm On Feb 29
thymetraveler:

Mods...
Add a little palm oil and warm again. If it doesn't still get back it's taste, just rescue all your meat and fish and discard the soup.
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Bennycollins: 7:48pm On Feb 29
Slice in much onions. It only help improve the taste though, not that it reverses the spoilage 100%.
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by AyeMoJuba: 7:48pm On Feb 29
adeoyekay:
add small charcoal to it

The charcoal is to prevent it from further decay
If he had known, he could just have placed a small charcoal on the soup and leave it...it'll remain fresh till whenever
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by ellizy(m): 7:49pm On Feb 29
thymetraveler:
Anyone that is the first to give me an option that works will receive free 4k from me upfront, no questions asked.
See, married women are really trying o! Taking care of the home and kids with their husbands, and also attending to their works; they never seem to forget the foods in the pots like I just did. Any man that does not appreciate the labour women go through in order to tend the home needs to rethink. Not married yet, but I remember how my mom was always the keeper of the home and my dad the bread winner.
Remove your chicken and rinse them in warm water, use 3k to buy the rest ingredients including the egusi and send me 1k. 4k well spent
7043668 104
Opay
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Bahamas95(m): 7:49pm On Feb 29
Soup wey don sour don sour, there's nothing you will do that will bring back that original taste.

Just wash off the soup from the meat and discard it....You can recook the meat with wicked seasoning so you won't lose everything.

1 Like

Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by MissIndependent(f): 7:49pm On Feb 29
thymetraveler:
Steam it till it dries up I mean very thick not burn o. Good luck smiley
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by EreluRoz: 7:49pm On Feb 29
Egusi and it's wahala

Op gently place a charcoal in it and warm, the sour taste will be gone.
Re: Help! Is It Possible To Save My Egusi Soup? by Krucifax(m): 7:49pm On Feb 29
The soup cannot be saved. You are experiencing biology. The fermentation and spoiling process has set in unfortunately. Its a natural process that is sped up by heat. You should have served the soup into small containers and frozen some and kept some in the fridge for your friend.

Eating it now will risk diarrhea and medication after. Hopefully you learned a cooking and food preservation lesson.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Foreigners Mistake Eba For A Bar Of Soap On Twitter (Photos) / My First Time Of Killing And Eating Snake (PHOTOS) / Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.