Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) (32319 Views)

Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by jetguy(m): 5:31pm On Feb 28
If to say house get tyre like vehicle now... Everybody for the drive their own house the go everywhere to avoid this kind of Kerala😉
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by olax02(m): 5:31pm On Feb 28
Blakjewelry:
Get her arrested her eyes go clear
This is a barbaric act. This is not done anywhere. The landlady should have followed legal procedure to evict the tenant. I just pray that the landlady will not blame herself last last.

2 Likes

Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by tnerro1(m): 5:32pm On Feb 28
That’s why I stopped investing in residential rental properties, my guy invest in commercial properties, buy and rent shops or build plazas if u have the money. E dey rare for someone not to pay their shop rent, but no let one person come dey frustrate you cause of one room wey him they rent to sleep. Turn that one room to shop and rent it out

4 Likes

Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Bayoigbekele(m): 5:32pm On Feb 28
lol funny you, what if the tenant is owing more than 2 years rent lol. Wetin lawyer won do. Pay up your rent to avoid embarrassment like this

BigYash:
This your comment just revealed the level of your intelligence... No wonder you dey comment rubbish up and down.. Let the tenant get a good lawyer first.. It will be a case of bush meat catching the hunter..

1 Like

Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by DavidEsq(m): 5:35pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:
arrest her for what

It’s her property, she has every right to break and push your broke life out of her house if you refuse to pay your rent undecided
Na ur type we dey like throway for cell, charge your papa with criminal trespass and mischief. When your papa go knee down begin beg tenant, no be dis your clear eye

1 Like

Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Skillsnigeria: 5:35pm On Feb 28
grin hmmm
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by BigYash: 5:36pm On Feb 28
Bayoigbekele:
lol funny you, what if the tenant is owing more than 2 years rent lol. Wetin lawyer won do. Pay up your rent to avoid embarrassment like this

Something when pass the two years rent fit miss when she broke in.. Abi she get evidence to deny it? The right thing to do was to use the police and her layer.. No be everything be gra gra.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Calitoscassius(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28
Giftedhand47:
Sue the landlord

Meanwhile I track lost or stolen phones or mobile devices at an affordable fee
A trial will definitely convince you
Contact me via siggy below
Yea, right!

So if you manage to track a phone to a destination, what would happen then?
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by scobaba: 5:40pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:
arrest her for what

It’s her property, she has every right to break and push your broke life out of her house if you refuse to pay your rent undecided

Person go marry this wan lai dis. angry

1 Like

Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Calitoscassius(m): 5:41pm On Feb 28
DavidEsq:

Na ur type we dey like throway for cell, charge your papa with criminal trespass and mischief. When your papa go knee down begin beg tenant, no be dis your clear eye
Criminal trespass in Naigeeria? grin i don't think so. Just bribe the judge, lawyer and police and you will be fine!

Is it not in corrupt Naigeeria?. And oh! Remember the tenant must pay his own lawyer to attend court, if he can afford a lawyer why not just pay rent?

And guess, who will win the case in the end.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by PepeXKermit: 5:41pm On Feb 28
Blakjewelry:

Lol you don't know there are laws governing tenant/landlord relationship, you think you can just wake one day and act the way you like.

Which law protects the owner of the apartment from people lile gou who do not like to pay their rent or pay up ontime?
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by DavidEsq(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28
Calitoscassius:
Criminal trespass in Naigeeria? grin i don't think so. So bribe the judge, lawyer and police and you will be fine!

Is it not in corrupt Naigeeria?. And oh! Remember the tenant must pay his own lawyer to attend court, if he can afford a lawyer why not just pay rent?

And guess, who will win the case in the end.
Dem say who dey use mouth dey drive motor no dey ever get accident
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by qtx(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:
arrest her for what

You're talking out of superlative ignorance. When dem reach court, the landlady go understand. Law is different from morality . If u know, you know
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Calitoscassius(m): 5:43pm On Feb 28
BigYash:
This your comment just revealed the level of your intelligence... No wonder you dey comment rubbish up and down.. Let the tenant get a good lawyer first.. It will be a case of bush meat catching the hunter..
You think a good lawyer is free? If the tenant can afford a good lawyer what is stopping him from paying rent?

Who do you think will win in the end?

3 Likes

Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by seunayantokun(m): 5:43pm On Feb 28
People are losing their mental health in this country, this is worrisome.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Calitoscassius(m): 5:44pm On Feb 28
DavidEsq:

Dem say who dey use mouth dey drive motor no dey ever get accident
I don't understand, could you simplify please?. undecided
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by DavidEsq(m): 5:46pm On Feb 28
Calitoscassius:
I don't understand, could you simplify please?. undecided
Just come back to this comment in 6 years time. U will be mature enough to understand by that time. U fit don build house, rent am out by then.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Slurity(m): 5:46pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:
arrest her for what

Hahaha. Let her get to the police station first and see if they will not lock her up on top of her property. That is her property but she is using wrong approach for the eviction and the law will bite her if she is arrested.

1 Like

Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by hardknocksng(m): 5:47pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:
arrest her for what

So sorry for you. If she has a good lawyer , you will get to learn she has her right too as a tenant . You can’t just break into someone’s house cos you’re the landlord or landlady
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Calitoscassius(m): 5:47pm On Feb 28
Calylove:
Breaking into a tenant's property to force eviction is not legal in most jurisdictions. Landlords must follow the proper legal procedures to evict a tenant, and these procedures typically involve providing notice, filing eviction paperwork, and obtaining a court order. Taking matters into one's own hands by breaking into the tenant's property can lead to serious legal consequences for the landlord.

If you find yourself in a situation where you are facing eviction or have concerns about your living conditions, it's important to know your rights as a tenant and seek legal advice if necessary. Tenants typically have legal protections against unlawful eviction, and landlords must adhere to the established legal processes.

If you are a landlord facing challenges with a tenant, it's crucial to consult with legal professionals and follow the appropriate legal procedures to resolve the issue. Engaging in illegal activities, such as breaking into a tenant's property, can result in legal actions against the landlord and may damage their case in court.

Both landlords and tenants should familiarize themselves with local landlord-tenant laws and regulations to ensure that their actions align with the legal framework in their jurisdiction. If disputes arise, seeking legal advice and mediation can be a more appropriate and lawful way to address the issues at hand.

See my signature.
Yes, in America or UK, not in Naigeeria.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Calitoscassius(m): 5:49pm On Feb 28
DavidEsq:

Just come back to this comment in 6 years time. U will be mature enough to understand by that time. U fit don build house, rent am out by then.
Okay, grin grin so what does these actually mean? Stop beating about the bush, still made no sense. undecided
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by BigYash: 5:49pm On Feb 28
Calitoscassius:
You think a good lawyer is free? If the tenant can afford a good lawyer what is stopping him from paying rent?

Who do you think will win in the end?
Do you know if he or she just wants trouble? He might have the rent,but just want to make trouble with the house owner. Some tenants are like that.. The landlady should have followed it up legally, to avoid problem, incase the tenant is the troublesome type.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by silibaba: 5:51pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:
arrest her for what

is that what the law say?
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by LeeSmart: 5:53pm On Feb 28
muyico:
Person wey no c money to pay for house rent,for where he want c money pay lawyer? No money no justice
You never hear of the word "pro bono" for law abi?
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Jaypop22: 5:54pm On Feb 28
He that comes to equity should come with clean hand
Giftedhand47:

Human rights lawyers Dey na
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by ojex004: 5:55pm On Feb 28
[quote author=MikeMicheal post=128693588]The landlady must provide the mysterious 2million naira i kept in my room when she broke in.

Some of you thought every officers in police station Na mumu like una.
They will ask you that you get such money and you refuse to pay your rent. Definitely you get problem, dey will send u away

1 Like

Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Calitoscassius(m): 5:57pm On Feb 28
BigYash:
Do you know if he or she just wants trouble? He might have the rent,but just want to make trouble with the house owner. Some tenants are like that.. The landlady should have followed it up legally, to avoid problem, incase the tenant is the troublesome type.
Possible, what kinda trouble do you think he would want to make with the landlady?

I have dealt with troublesome tenants in Naigeeria, in the end they start begging bringing their pastors, friends and families to beg,

All i did was to take the case far away to Enugu from Anambra, after paying his lawyer and travelling once and twice from Anambra to Enugu for the 2 hearings which was all adjourned they ran out of money to continue with the case. grin

Anything can be done in Naigeeria if you can afford it.

1 Like

Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by NaijaCover(m): 6:00pm On Feb 28
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by BarrElChapo(m): 6:00pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:
arrest her for what

She doesn't.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Gkay1(m): 6:00pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:
arrest her for what

You are the most useless person on internet today. The way u reason and comment, even goat will not reason like that.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Killermamba: 6:00pm On Feb 28
Giftedhand47:
Sue the landlord

Meanwhile I track lost or stolen phones or mobile devices at an affordable fee
A trial will definitely convince you
Contact me via siggy below
Can you locate the exact spot not area oo
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Calitoscassius(m): 6:01pm On Feb 28
LeeSmart:

You never hear of the word "pro bono" for law abi?
Yes, and if be loses the case then what? Which lawyer would want to take a case pro bono in Naigeeria? He doesn't pay bills and transport to the court?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos / How Much Will It Cost Me To Build 3 Bedroom Flat At Ifo In Ogun State. / How Do I Share The Rooms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.