Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) (32333 Views)

Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Blakjewelry(m): 10:41pm On Feb 28
Validated:

The law departs from Tenant once you default in rent payment. Infact after 7 days of default you are gone.
Yeah while many landlord fail to take actions on time, but it doesn't give them the right break in without due process.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 10:41pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:
arrest her for what

It’s her property, she has every right to break and push your broke life out of her house if you refuse to pay your rent undecided
Stop displaying your ignorance, you clearly have no idea about tenancy laws.
If the tenant goes to court he will continue living there while the case drags on for months or a year plus. cheesy
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Blakjewelry(m): 10:50pm On Feb 28
gbeseun:

Go and buy block and cement first before you start dragging people's property.if.its easy go and build your house and stop.claiming laws governing my property.if you had paid,no one will break the door in the first place.
So you buy cement means you are the first Muda fuka to build a house? There are rules and regulations guiding everything, you don't have to be wild dog show strength. After the person get na em no pay you? If he defaults there are means within the law to evacuate her not trying to show that yeah I am more powerful than you. It is small men who like to feel high by trampling on those who are already down.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by stuffs4me(m): 10:51pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:
arrest her for what

It’s her property, she has every right to break and push your broke life out of her house if you refuse to pay your rent undecided

E be like say prison dey smell for your body
Prison cloth go fit you sha
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Blakjewelry(m): 10:54pm On Feb 28
Calitoscassius:
Come and live in my house, owe me 3 months rent and lecture me on the law or try to cause me trouble And see if you will not leave my house in a box. grin it would become a suicide case in the end.
Murder case you mean? Just some few weeks in prison go reset your mind to it default state but by then it is too late.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Blakjewelry(m): 10:56pm On Feb 28
torqque7:

Those laws favour tenants that's why they abuse such privilege in Nija,you can't have issues of rent with your landlord when you are abroad,you must pay,but for Nija,it's a useless law that protects only the tenant and that's why we always hear issues of landlord tenant in Nigeria,that useless law is been ABUSED ruthlessly by troublesome tenants,it needs to be reviewed.
Not really it just that most landlord fail to act on time and when they act, they want the tenant out immediately.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Abee79(m): 11:00pm On Feb 28
Ah! Landlady don buy market! 😁🤣🤣🤣
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by PepeXKermit: 11:02pm On Feb 28
Blakjewelry:

The law is to protect both party not one.

the law protects the tenants alot more than the landlord and that is why tenants misbehave when they know that an issue regarding their non-payment of rent is going to court. They decide not to pay for the duration of time they were there. I have seen too many of these cases and how it ends. The Landlord ends up cutting their losses and going away
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Blakjewelry(m): 11:10pm On Feb 28
PepeXKermit:

the law protects the tenants alot more than the landlord and that is why tenants misbehave when they know that an issue regarding their non-payment of rent is going to court. They decide not to pay for the duration of time they were there. I have seen too many of these cases and how it ends. The Landlord ends up cutting their losses and going away
Sometimes the law is not actually the problem but Nigeria is this place were everybody has this close connection that when the person fails to pay, the landlord might not take legal action until later. And when he finally does, the law will begin to interpret from when he approached the court that is another angle plus the court official and police who are suppose to effect the order don't usually like to get involved because there is no free money to chop.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Cheadexe(m): 11:17pm On Feb 28
Do you base in Lagos,and how much do you charge.ue the landlord

Meanwhile I track lost or stolen phones or mobile devices at an affordable fee
A trial will definitely convince you
Contact me via siggy below [/quote]
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Lacash: 11:37pm On Feb 28
Blakjewelry:
Get her arrested her eyes go clear
Na make she just jejely go station go report herself 😁
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by BigYash: 12:00am On Feb 29
Oghene86:

Well we are not privy to the full story, so we can't really say what must have motivated her to damn the law.
Yeah
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by aribisala0(m): 1:04am On Feb 29
muyico:
Person wey no c money to pay for house rent,for where he want c money pay lawyer? No money no justice

Some people like that from one side like that somewhere
Do that a lot even if they have money

Na. Dia way
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by sirray001: 6:18am On Feb 29
Jennyclay:
arrest her for what

but you don't need to take the law into your own hands. She should have followed the normal procedures of eviction
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by peterjulius00(m): 6:26am On Feb 29
The landlady should be prepared for Court case because it will come with this kind of characters she has exhibit.and the tenant will accuse the landlady of millions of naria missing inside her room.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by ceejay80s(m): 7:05am On Feb 29
There's no such thing as a landlady
She's a landlord
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by wallmosh: 7:40am On Feb 29
LagosG:

Person wey nee er pay rent how he wan employ legal services?

Less you know that some save not for food, clothing or shelter, na for wahala ProMax Extra like this.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by wallmosh: 7:42am On Feb 29
Abbeytoy:

What I did for my former landlady...

She cry ehn

Baba drop full update to learn from your matter with her.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by wallmosh: 7:47am On Feb 29
Calitoscassius:
You think a good lawyer is free? If the tenant can afford a good lawyer what is stopping him from paying rent?

Who do you think will win in the end?

Ideally, it sounds sensible. The tenant may not be able to afford one before the landlady's action, others might to come to aid in fight for injustice "Naija way of dead time support"
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by davibid: 7:56am On Feb 29
Jennyclay:
arrest her for what

“Ignorance of the law is no excuse of the law”

Even if your tenant is owing you 10 years, please don’t try it. You’ll pay through your nose, to avoid that, just follow the due process. Wisdom is profitable to direct
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Exousiang01: 8:09am On Feb 29
Jennyclay:
arrest her for what

This is evident that all along na sense you no get.
I been dey think say na some distorted ideology you get but apparently na sense no dey.
Na cotton wool full your skull
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Sammy5413(m): 8:39am On Feb 29
stacyadams:
lol any how u check am kpatakpata after 6 months tenant go still pack comot go pay another agent and commission still carry motor wey go carry him load and other expenses...land lord go still win angry grin
not with someone that knows his rights
The landlady go pay money wey em no take. Which ever way it’s a win win for the tenant. You’re definitely not informed
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by kitken: 9:29am On Feb 29
There's human right lawyers (mediation court) in Lagos state and it's free of charge.

Tenants or house owners can make complaints n a summon letter will b issued via the complainer. Both will b on sit at that particular day.
I don't know if they have it in other states.

It will be settled amicably.
If the tenants is at fault, he or she will b giving a time to pay what he's owing and packed out, and if he refused to moved out, court will send van from Alausa Ikeja to pack his load and it will be seized until he pays the landlord.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by kitken: 9:39am On Feb 29
Not true
The law protects both tenants n landlords.
If the landlords follow the normal process... he won't regret.
In lagos state even if the tenant was given 6 months notice to moved out. He or she must pay for that 6 months. It's not free, except the owner of the apartment decided to wave the months.

PepeXKermit:

Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Ekugbeh(m): 9:47am On Feb 29
LagosG:

Person wey nee er pay rent how he wan employ legal services?
that's a pron bono case bro
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by princefunm: 10:08am On Feb 29
Jennyclay:
arrest her for what

It is people like you who allow lawlessness to keep flourishing.

Yes, it is her property. She also has the power to force a non-paying tenant out of the apartment. But breaking into the apartment while the tenant is illegal. And she could face sanctions. Stiff ones at that.

There is a proper procedure for doing things. If you want to evict a tenant, do so in a legal way. Resorting to roguish ways makes you worse that the person who owes you.
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by BBIA: 10:11am On Feb 29
princefunm:

It is people like you who allow lawlessness to keep flourishing.

Yes, it is her property. She also has the power to force a non-paying tenant out of the apartment. But breaking into the apartment while the tenant is illegal. And she could face sanctions. Stiff ones at that.

There is a proper procedure for doing things. If you want to evict a tenant, do so in a legal way. Resorting to roguish ways makes you worse that the person who owes you.
the person you are engaging into a debate with is an Edo state prostitute
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by OgunkeelAllMod: 11:08am On Feb 29
Blakjewelry:
Get her arrested her eyes go clear
Breaking and Entry, attempted robbery, forceful eviction, missing personal effects including money angry

Dem no born any landlady or landlord wey go break into my room or go remove roofing to force me out!
Wo,she/he won't sit anywhere and narrating the story with pleasure.e go dey very bitter for im mouth!
What happens to going to court to get eviction order?
Even then,the actual eviction isn't her job ,but court official!
Treat anything madness with twice the madness!
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by OgunkeelAllMod: 11:15am On Feb 29
BBIA:

the person you are engaging into a debate with is an Edo state prostitute
arh damn!now I also understand.i sure hate bandying words with those Bent, perverted minded daughters of Hade! undecided
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by stacyadams: 12:49pm On Feb 29
Sammy5413:
not with someone that knows his rights
The landlady go pay money wey em no take. Which ever way it’s a win win for the tenant. You’re definitely not informed

Lol story Mr informed
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by Sammy5413(m): 1:27pm On Feb 29
stacyadams:

Lol story Mr informed
if you like no learn, go dey mumu till you learn the hard way
Re: Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) by stacyadams: 2:59pm On Feb 29
Sammy5413:
if you like no learn, go dey mumu till you learn the hard way
Mr informed grin
If u like no pay ur house rent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos / How Much Will It Cost Me To Build 3 Bedroom Flat At Ifo In Ogun State. / How Do I Share The Rooms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.