Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. (37178 Views)

Economic Hardship: Nigerians Return To Charcoal Stoves, Firewood / Jimi Agbaje To Tinubu: There’s A Limit To Hardship Nigerians Can Endure / PVC Collectors Protest Perceived Intimidation And Frustration By INEC In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by BronzeTiger: 6:00am On Mar 02
Seezion:
Nigeria is already known as one of the poorest countries in the world but i believe the duty of governments of the country (if they are sincere to themselves) is to work to change the status and not to make policies that deepened the poverty situation.

Whether anybody likes it or not, the policies taken by this government which is responsible for the hardship Nigerians are currently going through would only render more Nigerians poor and poorer.

In a country where unemployment/underemployment is so high, people are struggling to even feed and survive. A very good example is myself. I am underemployed, that is to say my salary is poor and nothing to write home about. Not as though i'm happy about this as i am still looking for better opportunities.

Of truth, only N600 was left with me yesterday. I couldn't afford to have dinner and so i slept empty stomach that yesterday. There's this woman selling bread near a bakery along the road i pass to work. Her price is considered the cheapest, so many people buy from her. My plan was to use the N600 to buy bread from there, which i can manage throughout the day or even till tomorrow, hopefully miracle can happen and another money enters my hand.

As i went there this morning, the N600 bread is now N800. No surprise about that at all, knowing the country we are living in today. This spoilt the plan and i was confused, disturbed and broken down. I stood there for over 5 mins hopelessly, with hunger and anger in me.

That small time, one elderly woman in the shop was sobbing. I later realized she started crying after she couldn't afford the current price of rice. Another guy came and asked for a pack of indomie and was told N1000. He sighed bitterly and left. Then i saw another two guys who came to the shop, joined their money together (400+400) and bought the N800 bread and divided it into two, for each.

That was a nice decision though even though it would reduce the quantity, but as i didnt see someone to join too, i left the place to work without buying the bread.

Any alternatives for me?

There's absolutely no alternative for since everything is on the high side. I could have opted for rice and beans, but i wont know when i will start crying after mamaput has dished the quantity for me. Surely it will be small. So i decided not to go near there. What about Garri and soup? I dont know for everywhere but i can tell you, there's mow where i could find a plate of Garri and soup for N600. Even if there is, i would still cry over the quantity. What about noodles that used to do 'rescue mission'? Well, i just told you a pack is now N1000, when i had only N600 with me. What of biscuit? I refused to "waste" my last money on something that would not last me the next 1 hour after i have eaten. Akara? Have you seen the sizes of Akara in recent? N100 own looks very small, so i still decided not to buy.

At the end, all options failed. Till this minute, nothing has entered my stomach and i'm still holding tight to my N600. Yes i am hungry and weak but the N600 must be for something that can keep me for a while, hopefully another money would come my way before i am hungry again.

Sadly, my in quote "salary" is still far, till Thursday next week, but i have to survive however it is.

It's a very tough time for most of us Nigerians right now.

Lastly, government should know that
most Nigerians are not asking for luxury, just basic things made affordable for survival and food is obviously not affordable to many Nigerians today. Please government should do something about food crisis in the country.

May God help us, the common citizens.
Nigeria is truly hard but I don't understand the need for you using the current situation to formulate fake sob stories to get chicken change from the public. I didn't even need to read up to half of your stories to know it's fake.
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by BronzeTiger: 6:04am On Mar 02
Hedonisco:
You're definitely not hungry enough. Otherwise you wouldn't have the time or mental acuity to compose this well written 'format' of a story.
Expect more of this as the weeks go by and the hardship intensifies. Last year I know what I saw talkless of this one that most of these lazy guys are feeling the pains more simply because they refused to get something doing.
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Vikalinda(m): 6:06am On Mar 02
My wife sells indomie in cartons, she usually buy hundred of cartons but recently I got to her shop and noticed no single carton of indomie and I asked why? She said the price is disheartening ,a carton is about 19k she is just confused, but come to think of it, some retailers are something else, how can someone buy a carton of indomie for 19 or 20k and sell 1 pack for 1k, a carton of super pack indomie has 40 packs and u said her prices are ok. Abi u no hear well

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Love800(m): 6:10am On Mar 02
Bros abeg remember my side too.
1k will do.
Go through my profile and see my lamentations.
Tealcrestmedia:

Send me your account.
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Love800(m): 6:15am On Mar 02
U have a job to give out?
Am in delta though.
bsalawu:
Send your account details. Are u in Lagos if yes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Love800(m): 6:19am On Mar 02
Bros 1k will do for me too.
U can go through my profile and see my lamentations.
Foreigner12:
Alaye, drop your aza make I show you small love.
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by chidooh1: 6:20am On Mar 02
shepherd316:
Plz can someone tell the flat heads to keep quiet forever, shebi dem dey talk say Tinubu dey favour them, why dem com dey make noise for my hears na.
Imagine how far we could have gone if we came out with the force that far exceeds ENDSARS, awon ode nfarawe Obi cubana ati Ohaneze ti won gba ope. I used to think my brothers from southeast were smart, it's in recent times i knew that they're only business smart, not much difference from aboki and the tribe i hate to be familiar with. Let's see wether dem go get sense later sha
ordinary mad man better pass you
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Love800(m): 6:20am On Mar 02
Pls if u have a job, am interested too.
I reside in delta.
Ssce holder
kunle75:

Where in Naija are you?

DM Me please
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by twinskenny(m): 6:21am On Mar 02
Seezion:
Nigeria is already known as one of the poorest countries in the world but i believe the duty of governments of the country (if they are sincere to themselves) is to work to change the status and not to make policies that deepened the poverty situation.

Whether anybody likes it or not, the policies taken by this government which is responsible for the hardship Nigerians are currently going through would only render more Nigerians poor and poorer.

In a country where unemployment/underemployment is so high, people are struggling to even feed and survive. A very good example is myself. I am underemployed, that is to say my salary is poor and nothing to write home about. Not as though i'm happy about this as i am still looking for better opportunities.

Of truth, only N600 was left with me yesterday. I couldn't afford to have dinner and so i slept empty stomach that yesterday. There's this woman selling bread near a bakery along the road i pass to work. Her price is considered the cheapest, so many people buy from her. My plan was to use the N600 to buy bread from there, which i can manage throughout the day or even till tomorrow, hopefully miracle can happen and another money enters my hand.

As i went there this morning, the N600 bread is now N800. No surprise about that at all, knowing the country we are living in today. This spoilt the plan and i was confused, disturbed and broken down. I stood there for over 5 mins hopelessly, with hunger and anger in me.

That small time, one elderly woman in the shop was sobbing. I later realized she started crying after she couldn't afford the current price of rice. Another guy came and asked for a pack of indomie and was told N1000. He sighed bitterly and left. Then i saw another two guys who came to the shop, joined their money together (400+400) and bought the N800 bread and divided it into two, for each.

That was a nice decision though even though it would reduce the quantity, but as i didnt see someone to join too, i left the place to work without buying the bread.

Any alternatives for me?

There's absolutely no alternative for since everything is on the high side. I could have opted for rice and beans, but i wont know when i will start crying after mamaput has dished the quantity for me. Surely it will be small. So i decided not to go near there. What about Garri and soup? I dont know for everywhere but i can tell you, there's mow where i could find a plate of Garri and soup for N600. Even if there is, i would still cry over the quantity. What about noodles that used to do 'rescue mission'? Well, i just told you a pack is now N1000, when i had only N600 with me. What of biscuit? I refused to "waste" my last money on something that would not last me the next 1 hour after i have eaten. Akara? Have you seen the sizes of Akara in recent? N100 own looks very small, so i still decided not to buy.

At the end, all options failed. Till this minute, nothing has entered my stomach and i'm still holding tight to my N600. Yes i am hungry and weak but the N600 must be for something that can keep me for a while, hopefully another money would come my way before i am hungry again.

Sadly, my in quote "salary" is still far, till Thursday next week, but i have to survive however it is.

most Nigerians are not asking for luxury, just basic things made affordable for survival and food is obviously not affordable to many Nigerians today. Please government should do something about food crisis in the country.

Send me your account let me do small thing for you
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by adeniran22890: 6:24am On Mar 02
I should still have 1k to spare in my account. It can do sth I guess. Drop azaI should still have 1k to spare in my account. It can do sth I guess. Drop aza...
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Love800(m): 6:26am On Mar 02
Pls help me too if u can.
1k will do.
Go through my profile and see my lamentations
nnennachiji:

I do need your phone number it is required wen sending through tapsend
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Britishpea: 6:28am On Mar 02
Humans are meant to complain! Complain at every situation. There’s no such things as basic things in Nigeria. Nigerians don’t appreciate thr values of whatever they have until they lose it.

We have always heard how life was beautiful in the 70s towards 80s. Yet, all the songs that were sung then emphasized how bad the situation was.

Life was better than now during Objs, yara’dua and Goodluck Jonathan. What did people do? Complain like a woman whose husband didnt come home last night.

How would they value the goodness when it comes if they don’t go through this phase?

If everything was sweet the moment Tinubu came in, I bet most people would still be crying and complaining especially, the online criers. Everyone will be alright at last
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Oju4190: 6:28am On Mar 02
Seezion:

Just me. I believe there's something I like which you may not like.
Okpa of all food.....Ogbeni hunger never catch u.
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Gggjhhj: 6:32am On Mar 02
Seezion:

Modi moi would have been a better option. That is if the size is not too small

Funny, I have not eating fufu in my life, so because I don't have enough for other commodities, I should opt for fufu, abi ur brain dae leak or you just want to support evil
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by chidooh1: 6:33am On Mar 02
Vision101:

If you don't have data how can you type and post?
opera mini has a daily quota for people without data, OP might be using that

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by kunle75(m): 6:40am On Mar 02
Love800:
Pls if u have a job, am interested too.
I reside in delta.
Ssce holder

Sorry I do not
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by chidooh1: 6:43am On Mar 02
Questionnaires:
There Are Two Kinds of Nigerians.

1) The Nigerians That Know Themselves As Part of The Government of Nigeria - Hence; They Work And Try Their Best To Fend For Themselves.

2) The Nigerians That Doesn't Know Themselves As Part of The Government of Nigeria - Hence; They Continue To Nag About Hardship of Nigeria Instead of Being Part of The Solution To Nigeria.

Except You Are Blind Or Just Arrogantly Ignorant; By Now - You Know That Our LACK IN COLLECTIVELY PARTICIPATING IN THE BETTERMENT OF AGRICULTURE IN NIGERIA Is The Sole Reason For The HIGH COST OF FOOD ITEMS In Nigeria.

The Increasing Dollar-Naira Rate is Just Tripping The "SUFFER SUFFER".

By Now; You Already Know The Right Thing To Do.

See One Of The Wisest Things To Do In This HARD TIMES Below:

https://www.nairaland.com/8017739/march-1-2024-invest-agriculture

isn't money that will be used to do the farming. Many people have finished their savings in buying garri and rice for feeding and some have started using their final life-savings to purchase food items for their families and loved ones, Nigeria is terrible now this is out of imagination

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Nnadykings: 6:45am On Mar 02
I believe say you go be Yoruba guy and na una vote una brother in make we day suffer am together, no be who talk em own people day see what about those that are dying in silent, it's well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by dNortherner(m): 6:45am On Mar 02
Sorry OP for the bad experience unfortunately many are really going through same thing or even more but please commenters if you have ask OP for his details abeg.
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Amumaigwe: 6:47am On Mar 02
Seezion:

Any alternatives for me?

This is a typical scenerio in SW and North. With every modesty, we don't really feel that extreme hardship as you painted in the East. So I cannot relate with your experience.

About the protesters with posters with inscriptions like "end hunger and poverty", it is just laughable. It confirms that most Nigerians don't really know the source of their poverty. If they knew, those inscriptions on their placards would have been different.

4 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by warlordd(m): 6:52am On Mar 02
Draslo:
I've never met any Yorba person that enjoys that tasteless okpa. Offering it to OP is demonic
Okpa is more nutritious and tastes better than any Yoruba food that I know.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Amumaigwe: 6:53am On Mar 02
Draslo:
I've never met any Yorba person that enjoys that tasteless okpa. Offering it to OP is demonic

He does not have a choice. If he had, what is a balance #600 doing in his pocket? So Okpa is luxury meal.
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by chidooh1: 6:56am On Mar 02
Judolisco:
baba get your facts right... Nigeria isn't poor
Buhari government collected that tittle from India, whether anybody likes it or not situation in Nigeria is worsening by the day. Families cannot feed well again, savings are gradually diminishing, government policies are not favorable to the masses, the government is cashing out from the subsidy removal which is draining people's income seriously
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by warlordd(m): 6:58am On Mar 02
BrutusOj:
Okpa tasteless? Are you sure you know what is okpa?
Don't mind the mumu! Instead of him to admit that he's never tasted okpa, he's here talking out of ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by frankyychiji(f): 7:03am On Mar 02
AfonjaConehead:

You guys should always endeavour to specify...which indomie,hungry man or superPack?
That should be hungryman size. Super pack is 5h.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by frankyychiji(f): 7:05am On Mar 02
warlordd:

Don't mind the mumu! Instead of him to admit that he's never tasted okpa, he's here talking out of ignorance.
I don't like Opa one bit and I'm Igbo and I lived in 042 for 10yrs.
But that idiot describing it as demonic because he doesn't like it needs to get his demonic head checked.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:07am On Mar 02
Seezion:

Thank you very much for the offer.

05010 82382, Ecobank, Calistus U.

Sent "bosd"

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by stallionng: 7:13am On Mar 02
Adewale1603:
Just the necessary basic things of life and basic standard of living are all what just Nigerians are asking. We're not asking for luxuries, not to build houses, buy cars, clothes and shoes but just the basic necessity of life, which is to have a means of livelihood, basic job, food and shelter to survive.
You are begging for just the basic necessities of life while they enjoy the best of luxurious life with our common wealth and you have accepted your defeatist fate .it's a pity.not my portion to accept being down trodden. It's your choice to work yourself out of that situation. Work harder ,evolve new creative ideas,start farming or trading.period
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by LeeSmart: 7:16am On Mar 02
Timclark:
Brother, garden egg can help. If you chop N200 garden egg, you may not be hungry the whole day again.
Bro na bandit u be lol, na which kind option u dey give op like dis?

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by babaneenoni(m): 7:16am On Mar 02
U for buy 2 gala and coke

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by stallionng: 7:26am On Mar 02
tuoyoojo:
The mere thought that some of us go to bed hungry is depressing.

I was telling someone that I have never experienced this kind of economic situation in my adult life and I had to ask my mother if they did during the 60s and 70s..... She said no

The most painful thing is that there is no end in sight. They keep saying soon....how long is soon. 2 months? 1 year?, 32 weeks?

How long is soon for the sake of anything good
If your mother said she had never experienced such hardships in the 1960s,lucky her,those of us in the south east and south south experienced worst of such situations and have gotten used to it and developed survival strategies used in the 60s,that's why we are not feeling it
.when the going gets tough,the tough gets going. Funny enough 8 years of this hardships is far.
This is hardships by choice

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by sylve11: 7:29am On Mar 02
Sonnobax15:
My engine knock brO......I dey find money to add join just to put am in order like this......Na now I know how it looks and feels like to be jobless.............The probability say people go help you na equal to zero espresso when you be guy man for that matter.

Sad to hear.

The streets nor dey smile. I pray you get a helper to pull you out of the burden. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Buhari Warns Family Members Against Corruption / Oshiomhole Is The Biggest Thief In Benin City, Says Lucky Igbinedion / Buhari Wished Obama 'Happy Retirement'. Lady Replies Him After His Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.