Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. (37209 Views)

Economic Hardship: Nigerians Return To Charcoal Stoves, Firewood / Jimi Agbaje To Tinubu: There’s A Limit To Hardship Nigerians Can Endure / PVC Collectors Protest Perceived Intimidation And Frustration By INEC In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by drmikeadams(m): 11:44pm On Mar 01
Emeraldsmit:
The high cost of things now scares people away from going to get stuffs 🤦.....cos you never can tell what shop owners will tell you
angry grin ibos mainly are the shop owners,they simply increase the prices of their goods and sell .una see y election get consequences cheesy[center][/center]

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Seezion: 11:47pm On Mar 01
Aliou007:
Drop your account number please. I & some others can help you with something, no matter how little. We'll overcome these times by God's grace. Drop aza bro.

Please if you are sending anything, be sure of where you are sending it to. Impersonator is tagging people with account details.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by BulletproofAnt: 11:48pm On Mar 01
Tealcrestmedia:

Wait o, are you the OP? And I already sent money to you and I'm just seeing that the username is different. Na wa o

Thank you, you showed kindness, it is not easy to show kindness this period, thank you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Citizen10: 11:50pm On Mar 01
To be frank with you my brother, it's really tough out here. Really really tough! The question is this: Where are we headed to? Where we dey go gan gan? Is there any future for our dear country? Is this country not headed for doom and destruction? Only time will tell. Time, I believe has the answers to all our questions......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Cuteandkind: 11:50pm On Mar 01
Seezion:
Nigeria is already known as one of the poorest countries in the world but i believe the duty of governments of the country (if they are sincere to themselves) is to work to change the status and not to make policies that deepened the poverty situation.

Whether anybody likes it or not, the policies taken by this government which is responsible for the hardship Nigerians are currently going through would only render more Nigerians poor and poorer.

In a country where unemployment/underemployment is so high, people are struggling to even feed and survive. A very good example is myself. I am underemployed, that is to say my salary is poor and nothing to write home about. Not as though i'm happy about this as i am still looking for better opportunities.

Of truth, only N600 was left with me yesterday. I couldn't afford to have dinner and so i slept empty stomach that yesterday. There's this woman selling bread near a bakery along the road i pass to work. Her price is considered the cheapest, so many people buy from her. My plan was to use the N600 to buy bread from there, which i can manage throughout the day or even till tomorrow, hopefully miracle can happen and another money enters my hand.

As i went there this morning, the N600 bread is now N800. No surprise about that at all, knowing the country we are living in today. This spoilt the plan and i was confused, disturbed and broken down. I stood there for over 5 mins hopelessly, with hunger and anger in me.

That small time, one elderly woman in the shop was sobbing. I later realized she started crying after she couldn't afford the current price of rice. Another guy came and asked for a pack of indomie and was told N1000. He sighed bitterly and left. Then i saw another two guys who came to the shop, joined their money together (400+400) and bought the N800 bread and divided it into two, for each.

That was a nice decision though even though it would reduce the quantity, but as i didnt see someone to join too, i left the place to work without buying the bread.

Any alternatives for me?

There's absolutely no alternative for since everything is on the high side. I could have opted for rice and beans, but i wont know when i will start crying after mamaput has dished the quantity for me. Surely it will be small. So i decided not to go near there. What about Garri and soup? I dont know for everywhere but i can tell you, there's mow where i could find a plate of Garri and soup for N600. Even if there is, i would still cry over the quantity. What about noodles that used to do 'rescue mission'? Well, i just told you a pack is now N1000, when i had only N600 with me. What of biscuit? I refused to "waste" my last money on something that would not last me the next 1 hour after i have eaten. Akara? Have you seen the sizes of Akara in recent? N100 own looks very small, so i still decided not to buy.

At the end, all options failed. Till this minute, nothing has entered my stomach and i'm still holding tight to my N600. Yes i am hungry and weak but the N600 must be for something that can keep me for a while, hopefully another money would come my way before i am hungry again.

Sadly, my in quote "salary" is still far, till Thursday next week, but i have to survive however it is.

It's a very tough time for most of us Nigerians right now.

Lastly, government should know that
most Nigerians are not asking for luxury, just basic things made affordable for survival and food is obviously not affordable to many Nigerians today. Please government should do something about food crisis in the country.

May God help us, the common citizens.

Nobody deserves to go through hunger and starvation this way.

It is well.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Seezion: 11:52pm On Mar 01
Nigerianfactor:
Na so one woman wey no get T-fare for Ikeja come enter bus wey dey go Yaba, dey expect say someone go bail am out.

She first plead with me. I tell her say me wey dey go Anthony, I almost kneel down for Conductor to carry me for ₦500. Na after di man see me dey waka dey go front na im, he come allow me to enter.

She begin beg everybody one by one but nobody gree give am even ₦100. If na before, good Samaritans for come to the rescue before she go beg two people. That experience surprise me gan, because, e show di thing dey bite everybody

Honestly, it's biting harder by the day.

5 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Seezion: 11:53pm On Mar 01
BulletproofAnt:

Carbon Bank

Thank you.

You really mean to impersonate me and receive money against.

10 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by akinsdeji(m): 11:53pm On Mar 01
Will credit you small thing
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Seezion: 11:55pm On Mar 01
membranus:

Scammer. You are not the OP.

He's trying so hard to defraud people.

12 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by muzically(m): 11:56pm On Mar 01
Christian36:
Assuming the president was from south south or south east and this thing is happening, Yoruba people and Hausa people would have let loose hell on the president and his people to the point of harming those set of people, now it is their person incharge and they are doing as if it is a normal thing for people to be subjected to hardship. We all know what they did to gej, history will never be kind to whosoever was against gej but now pretending as if nothing is wrong. This has made me realized that the people of south south and southeast are the most accommodating zone in Nigeria. Yoruba people or Hausa people will never endure this assuming the president was from east or south south.

You said it all. Final truth

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Seezion: 11:58pm On Mar 01
Tealcrestmedia:

People are just terrible. I saw the mention and thought it was OP and sent money. Na wa

I'm sorry about that sir. Please I'm not the one.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Seezion: 11:59pm On Mar 01
kunle75:

Where in Naija are you?

DM Me please

Ok sir. Please reply.
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Vision101(m): 12:00am On Mar 02
ImoleNaija:

Does one type with data? I no understand cheesy.
If you don't have data how can you type and post?
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Seezion: 12:02am On Mar 02
Tealcrestmedia:

Yea, just saw that. Still manage this.

Thank you very much sir and I'm sorry for losing your money to an imposter trying to help me. May God richly bless and enrich you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Seezion: 12:06am On Mar 02
BulletproofAnt:

Thank you, you showed kindness, it is not easy to show kindness this period, thank you.

Refund the money to the owner. You are not the one he intended to send to. Why use this thread to scam soneone

16 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by kunle75(m): 12:09am On Mar 02
Seezion:

Ok sir. Please reply.

Dm me through Nairaland.

Do you know how to do that?

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by nnennachiji(f): 12:13am On Mar 02
Seezion:

Thank you very much for the offer.

05010 82382, Ecobank, Calistus U.

I will like to send you a little something
Your story is touching. Since I am using tapsend. It’s asking for your phone number

5 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Questionnaires(m): 12:15am On Mar 02
There Are Two Kinds of Nigerians.

1) The Nigerians That Know Themselves As Part of The Government of Nigeria - Hence; They Work And Try Their Best To Fend For Themselves.

2) The Nigerians That Doesn't Know Themselves As Part of The Government of Nigeria - Hence; They Continue To Nag About Hardship of Nigeria Instead of Being Part of The Solution To Nigeria.

Except You Are Blind Or Just Arrogantly Ignorant; By Now - You Know That Our LACK IN COLLECTIVELY PARTICIPATING IN THE BETTERMENT OF AGRICULTURE IN NIGERIA Is The Sole Reason For The HIGH COST OF FOOD ITEMS In Nigeria.

The Increasing Dollar-Naira Rate is Just Tripping The "SUFFER SUFFER".

By Now; You Already Know The Right Thing To Do.

See One Of The Wisest Things To Do In This HARD TIMES Below:

https://www.nairaland.com/8017739/march-1-2024-invest-agriculture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Philipgarza31: 12:17am On Mar 02
Aliou007:
Drop your account number please. I & some others can help you with something, no matter how little. We'll overcome these times by God's grace. Drop aza bro.

Pls help me, thank you

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by greggng: 12:19am On Mar 02
Is a shame that someone that deserve help is not getting it . An impostor is na cornering the money . I blame those sending the money . How come you are not smart with your money ? How come you can't cross check whom you are sending the.money to b4 sending ...why are you.in a rush to waste your money . The first thing a smart person will do is to cross check the moniker of the person he or she wanna help. That way he or she will differentiate the scammer from the real . Some of you are blaming the real person ..
Do you know if he se t that message with his last data? Be wise online

16 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Shugafree(m): 12:22am On Mar 02
So we still have compassionate nairalanders awake even at this time?All those who have reached out to the OP, I thank you on his behalf. It is not easy.

If I write what I am going through or what I have been going through lately unto feeding,so compassionate people will shed first before anything.

I just pray I don't lose my life keeping silent.

Plz if anyone cares to alleviate my suffering,i will be more than grateful. In fact, I will testify.

sterling bank

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by TheGift: 12:30am On Mar 02
This captures the abject-ness of the current situation so aptly.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Judolisco(m): 12:33am On Mar 02
Seezion:
Nigeria is already known as one of the poorest countries in the world but i believe the duty of governments of the country (if they are sincere to themselves) is to work to change the status and not to make policies that deepened the poverty situation.

Whether anybody likes it or not, the policies taken by this government which is responsible for the hardship Nigerians are currently going through would only render more Nigerians poor and poorer.

In a country where unemployment/underemployment is so high, people are struggling to even feed and survive. A very good example is myself. I am underemployed, that is to say my salary is poor and nothing to write home about. Not as though i'm happy about this as i am still looking for better opportunities.

Of truth, only N600 was left with me yesterday. I couldn't afford to have dinner and so i slept empty stomach that yesterday. There's this woman selling bread near a bakery along the road i pass to work. Her price is considered the cheapest, so many people buy from her. My plan was to use the N600 to buy bread from there, which i can manage throughout the day or even till tomorrow, hopefully miracle can happen and another money enters my hand.

As i went there this morning, the N600 bread is now N800. No surprise about that at all, knowing the country we are living in today. This spoilt the plan and i was confused, disturbed and broken down. I stood there for over 5 mins hopelessly, with hunger and anger in me.

That small time, one elderly woman in the shop was sobbing. I later realized she started crying after she couldn't afford the current price of rice. Another guy came and asked for a pack of indomie and was told N1000. He sighed bitterly and left. Then i saw another two guys who came to the shop, joined their money together (400+400) and bought the N800 bread and divided it into two, for each.

That was a nice decision though even though it would reduce the quantity, but as i didnt see someone to join too, i left the place to work without buying the bread.

Any alternatives for me?

There's absolutely no alternative for since everything is on the high side. I could have opted for rice and beans, but i wont know when i will start crying after mamaput has dished the quantity for me. Surely it will be small. So i decided not to go near there. What about Garri and soup? I dont know for everywhere but i can tell you, there's mow where i could find a plate of Garri and soup for N600. Even if there is, i would still cry over the quantity. What about noodles that used to do 'rescue mission'? Well, i just told you a pack is now N1000, when i had only N600 with me. What of biscuit? I refused to "waste" my last money on something that would not last me the next 1 hour after i have eaten. Akara? Have you seen the sizes of Akara in recent? N100 own looks very small, so i still decided not to buy.

At the end, all options failed. Till this minute, nothing has entered my stomach and i'm still holding tight to my N600. Yes i am hungry and weak but the N600 must be for something that can keep me for a while, hopefully another money would come my way before i am hungry again.

Sadly, my in quote "salary" is still far, till Thursday next week, but i have to survive however it is.

most Nigerians are not asking for luxury, just basic things made affordable for survival and food is obviously not affordable to many Nigerians today. Please government should do something about food crisis in the country.

baba get your facts right... Nigeria isn't poor
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by TheGift: 12:33am On Mar 02
Questionnaires:
There Are Two Kinds of Nigerians.

1) The Nigerians That Know Themselves As Part of The Government of Nigeria - Hence; They Work And Try Their Best To Fend For Themselves.

2) The Nigerians That Doesn't Know Themselves As Part of The Government of Nigeria - Hence; They Continue To Nag About Hardship of Nigeria Instead of Being Part of The Solution To Nigeria.

Except You Are Blind Or Just Arrogantly Ignorant; By Now - You Know That Our LACK IN COLLECTIVELY PARTICIPATING IN THE BETTERMENT OF AGRICULTURE IN NIGERIA Is The Sole Reason For The HIGH COST OF FOOD ITEMS In Nigeria.

The Increasing Dollar-Naira Rate is Just Tripping The "SUFFER SUFFER".

By Now; You Already Know The Right Thing To Do.

See One Of The Wisest Things To Do In This HARD TIMES Below:

You are making sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Questionnaires(m): 12:36am On Mar 02
TheGift:

You are making sense.

Thanks Greatly For Observing......

You're Followed.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by uvie66: 12:43am On Mar 02
Seezion:

Any alternatives for me?

drop your ankle number and i will give you 10k straight away.

4 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by MrCaesar: 12:47am On Mar 02
It can get you a cup of beans and a cup of garri plus sugar. It can get you a cup of beans and a cup of rice. It can get you sweet potatoes which you can eat with oil. It can get you small tuber of yam. You have options, but you no want cook. And, na una vote this nonsense.
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by TrustNone: 12:49am On Mar 02
nnennachiji:

I will like to send you a little something
Your story is touching. Since I am using tapsend. It’s asking for your phone number
can you show love to a widow who lost her husband and things ain't going smooth?
Proof available if you request for it
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Seezion: 12:52am On Mar 02
kunle75:

Dm me through Nairaland.

Do you know how to do that?

I just did sir
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by TrustNone: 12:53am On Mar 02
Tealcrestmedia:

Yea, just saw that. Still manage this.
you have a good heart.
Can you show love to a widow who just lost her husband and things ain't giving smooth.
You can video call or request for proofs as they're available.
God will bless you
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by Seezion: 1:02am On Mar 02
uvie66:
drop your ankle number and i will give you 10k straight away.

05010 82382, Ecobank, Calistus U.

Thank you.
Re: Hardship: Nigerians Are In Pains And Frustration. My Experience This Morning. by RepoMan007: 1:03am On Mar 02
Seezion:

Where did this happen pls?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Come Without Phones, Aisha Buhari Invites Presidential Aspirants To Dinner / President Buhari’s Daughter, Halima's Children / Femi Falana Protesting Fuel Price Increase By Jonathan In 2012 (Throwback Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.